Championship cancelled due to parents, extremely slow internet..

Thankz fellas for the answer back. Just to be on the safe side we're going to be running GVE again as the 1st race of the season on Nov 3rd? I don't want to put the wrong practice in since time is limited these days.

Silly rFactor pit limiters... All of that work, just to realize that I have no idea which button is for the G27, linked to the Pit limiter.

Another reason to like WMA DTM, I guess.

I love GVE in a good car with a good tune. You have to be so careful on brakes and acceleration. I actually lift off completely through the double right hander half way through just to settle the car for braking. Think i had 1:03.6 or something for pole and best was 1:03.1 in race i think. I noticed once i got away from pack the split times to who ever was behind where pretty close. Got out to 10 sec in front then back to about 6 before going back to 10 in the last 2 laps. I think i got a pretty clear run with back markers too. Everyone gave me room.

I was behind you for the first 10 laps, then i caught lapped traffic going into the second to last corner and 1 seemed to be blocking me, then my team mate caught up after taking damage from avoiding said back markers,

otherwise, the CLK is 7-15kph faster in a straight line then both versions of the AUDI, and that's where the extra time was, I was blasting around GVE at aprroximate 1.04.3s consistently, both the Audi TT's were, I don't know what happened to the BMW's and the astra's, but I was expecting it to be a 2 lap shoot out for qually, we do need another pre season race somewhere a bit more simple, like motegi east or Nurburgring, a place that isn't so technical as GVE, its not a hard track but setup dependant, nurb isn't as bad,

Ummm, if I may suggest, I'd like to see Daytona and/or Madrid. Daytona and/or Madrid would be the best places, in my mind, to get good, close racing (limited elevation change, limited downhill braking zones... But, turn one at Daytona would be difficult.

If you want to, Motegi East is an awesome place for that, because it rewards a better driver, but, doesn't hurt slower drivers as much.

Right, too much for me to quote in one post, but here's the results (subject to change, using shorts for names):

JT
Spaz
TDZ
rally
Ruz
Mel
ghs
FUN

Fastest lap: JT

Pole: JT

When we get going with the real season I'll be putting it all up in a nice Excel sheet and announce it during the week to allow time to make it look pro :)

Ummm, if I may suggest, I'd like to see Daytona and/or Madrid. Daytona and/or Madrid would be the best places, in my mind, to get good, close racing (limited elevation change, limited downhill braking zones... But, turn one at Daytona would be difficult.

If you want to, Motegi East is an awesome place for that, because it rewards a better driver, but, doesn't hurt slower drivers as much.

I also think we need a safety car feature, mel, you really caught the roar end of the stick between turn 1 and the blockade for the GVS loop, on the brief amount of time i watched the replay I seen 7 cars make reasonable contact for damage, the only people to get away was myself and JT, the rest of either had to go to the pits or wait for their damage to go away,

I think we should do it like the Rolex series with a twist, all cars that are damaged go straight to pit lane, and get their damage sorted (this will be classified as a dirty lap and not count toward the mandatory stop), while the ones without damage continue around the circuit, then the race resumes the next lap, restart point should be at the start of the pit wall for most tracks, that way there there is still a penalty for being in an incident but its not severe for the participants involved, and the people who weren't involved wont be hindered by it,

Why don't we try Nurb. DTM is a German series. :lol:

I'm thinking during the coming week I might take all the cars to the high speed ring and see what the parity is,

I'll be on tonight for some practice if anyone wants a few races. Should be on in about 2 hours from the time of this post.

The back markers did affect my time obviously, as all laps with back markers should, because i waited for a straight to pass. No one tried to fight me for the pass though which was nice to see. Think we have a good group of tidy drivers from what i saw.

I think i also tried to make my tires last a bit longer. I was sweating a bit when you guys changed at about lap 15/16 though, as my gap started to go right down on my old tires.

can somebody tell a good setup for astra ? :/

I could...
but I'd have to kill you

Why don't we try Nurb. DTM is a German series. :lol:
👍

I'm thinking during the coming week I might take all the cars to the high speed ring and see what the parity is,
That would be fun

I was behind you for the first 10 laps, then i caught lapped traffic going into the second to last corner and 1 seemed to be blocking me, then my team mate caught up after taking damage from avoiding said back markers,

otherwise, the CLK is 7-15kph faster in a straight line then both versions of the AUDI, and that's where the extra time was, I was blasting around GVE at aprroximate 1.04.3s consistently, both the Audi TT's were, I don't know what happened to the BMW's and the astra's, but I was expecting it to be a 2 lap shoot out for qually, we do need another pre season race somewhere a bit more simple, like motegi east or Nurburgring, a place that isn't so technical as GVE, its not a hard track but setup dependant, nurb isn't as bad,

The Nordschleife would be a good track to see parity. Or we could each try out each car at a track and compare the times. Cause it would be hard to get consistency with everyone just running their normal car in a certain amount of time. Let everyone get their fastest and cleanest possible lap in each car at whatever track

Last edited:
my concern with trying all vehicles at the green hell is the sheer length of the place, its to hard to do several consistent laps, I'm not speaking about the overall car parity, I'm more interested in which cars have the chassis and speed advantage, hence the high speed ring, you can run several laps with minimum down force and that will show the chassis and speed advantage, then by applying maximum down force to the car and see which ones cope best,

Well, in preseason I tested the cars stock with same aero on Indy Road, Monza and Trial Mountain, all of them seemed similar

my concern with trying all vehicles at the green hell is the sheer length of the place, its to hard to do several consistent laps, I'm not speaking about the overall car parity, I'm more interested in which cars have the chassis and speed advantage, hence the high speed ring, you can run several laps with minimum down force and that will show the chassis and speed advantage, then by applying maximum down force to the car and see which ones cope best,

Yea that would be extremely aggravating trying to do that on the Nordschleife. I meant any track.

Well, in preseason I tested the cars stock with same aero on Indy Road, Monza and Trial Mountain, all of them seemed similar

I do think they are fine

Practice, practice, practice

we still have another pre season race so hopefully all cars are represented in it, with no issues, that would give us the best indicator, previously I tested all the cars with light set ups at their base spec, I found the merc to be fastest then too,

Can I be put down as a reserve if there isn't any spaces going?

sure can mate, all cars are available for reserve drivers, unless you have all the cars in which you can be used as a general reserve and use any vehicle that becomes available,

Anyone practicing today?

we were bud about 6 hours ago, maybe later on in the week more will be done,

did you get the car yet?

I also noticed that both AUDI teams are using the TT, well to the best of my knowledge anyway, does no one like the A4?

Last edited:
we were bud about 6 hours ago, maybe later on in the week more will be done,

did you get the car yet?

I also noticed that both AUDI teams are using the TT, well to the best of my knowledge anyway, does no one like the A4?

Hmmm, good point there I wonder what's up with that?

well when I was in nizmoDr3's mobil 1 team we were going to use the A4, but when he left I thought more people would have taken it over the TT, so I took the TT, and well I alwayys prefered the TT to the A4, but I thought I was the only one,

no one is having a go at you mate, I do believe that there can be up to 4 cars of the same make, its just weird that no one wants the current version of the car,

also check out my INDY 500 spot race in my signature,

Back