Chances of Porsche in GT6

Paid Porsche DLC

• Total voters
so whats the deal for the refusal? is it money or because Porsche is afraid Polyphony wont do it right? I dont think polyphony will get it right though (based on some of the lame ass models in GT5) but if they just put premium RUFs in, then people would just forget about the whole deal.

Its got nothing to do with if Polyphonic will do it right or not. If that was the issue would you see Porsche in crappy arcade NFS games?

EA owns, and has owned for many years, the exclusive license and the ability to sub license Porsche to other game makers. Since Porsche was in Forza from the start its not hard to speculate that maybe Turn 10 has a deal that Porsche dosnt get licensed to Polyphonic. Its either that or EA is demanding too much money.

Either way I've heard rumors that Porsche might not renew their exclusive deal with EA next time its up but those rumors have been around the entire time EA has had that contract.

Anyway I dont mind RUF over Porsche for street cars but we miss out on a whole bunch of legendary race cars as long EA has that exclusive contract.

I'm not sure what The Polyphonic Spree have to do with anything.

PS You can speculate about T10 locking out PD from having a sub-license as well but it isn't true because you can be sure if it was PD would have said so.

Anyway I dont mind RUF over Porsche for street cars but we miss out on a whole bunch of legendary race cars as long EA has that exclusive contract.

It's isn't just the legendary racecars we'll be missing but potentially a lot of legendary Porsche roadcars as well.

1959_Porsche_356A-153.jpg

73_911_carrera_rs_2-7_01.jpg

1955_porsche_550_spyder-pic-39337.jpeg

924pbasecarlodigiusto.jpg

Porsche has been involved in pretty much every Motorsport there is and has a large back catalogue of famous and revolutionary road cars and racecars. By being confined to NFS I feel they are being wasted. While RUF is a good compromise for 911 and Boxter lovers there are many classic Porsches that RUF haven't made their own version of. And of course all the Group C/Sportscars and rally cars don't get featured in any game as they don't really have a place in NFS.

EA owns, and has owned for many years, the exclusive license and the ability to sub license Porsche to other game makers. Since Porsche was in Forza from the start its not hard to speculate that maybe Turn 10 has a deal that Porsche dosnt get licensed to Polyphonic. Its either that or EA is demanding too much money.

It's not hard to speculate, sure, but that'd be the extent of it, because that's sort of ridiculous. The rights to Porsche are in EA's hands, not Microsoft's/T10's, so it's unlikely they'd be able to call shots in that regard.

EA wants too much money (they upped their asking fee prior to FM4, quite possibly because T10's games now are better representations of the Porsche lineup than EA's), and so far, the asking price for PD has just been too high. We don't know what it is (the FM4 debacle has made it clear it's on a per-case basis), and it's very unfortunate that after years of controversy surrounding EA's Porsche hoarding, that Porsche themselves haven't done anything to change matters (from our perspective). Nobody wins in this current situation; Porsche misses out on millions of potential fans, and of accurate representation in video games, while we miss out on one of the most decorated motorsports companies out there, with a long history of interesting road cars too. The only winner? EA, unsurprisingly.

One can only hope that whenever their contract expires, Porsche does some serious considering about where to take their business. These "exclusive" contracts are awful for the industry and fans alike, and set a dangerous precedent I'm worried other developers may be tempted to follow.

EA wants too much money (they upped their asking fee prior to FM4, quite possibly because T10's games now are better representations of the Porsche lineup than EA's), and so far, the asking price for PD has just been too high

Pretty much what I've come to the conclusion of. The fact that even Turn 10couldn't to a agreement until after Forza 4 came out and then got them as DLC pretty much tells me PD would have to pay a far higher price as would anyone else that wants Porsche in their game.

We don't know what it is (the FM4 debacle has made it clear it's on a per-case basis), and it's very unfortunate that after years of controversy surrounding EA's Porsche hoarding, that Porsche themselves haven't done anything to change matters (from our perspective).

Yet strangely for the first time (that I've seen anyway), They actually utilized some authority by stopping the Enduracers team from releasing their Porsche Cup mod. They clearly have that much power yet don't use any of it in regards to the contract?

Positive thinking needs to be applied here...i'm pretty sure there'll be another hundred versions of the Skyline featured in GT6:indiff: (Entirely sarcastic:lol:)

But hey,whoever said cars in GT6 will all be premiums wasn't thinking straight at all,as there was already standards and premiums in the original GT.

I'm expecting to see what you would expected a GT4.5.2 (Cars from GT4,GT5,in a second mix of GT4 and GT5 all over again,with the same GT4 and GT5 level graphics.)

It's useless to think GT6 might have porsches. RUFs were featured since GT2 and i'm expecting Kaz and PD to disappoint us again,and again,and again.:ouch:

I ain't never been more skeptical than you've seen it in this post. And YES. I hate EA for taking away the spot of Porsches in THE Real Driving Simulator.

... and it's very unfortunate that after years of controversy surrounding EA's Porsche hoarding, that Porsche themselves haven't done anything to change matters (from our perspective). Nobody wins in this current situation; Porsche misses out on millions of potential fans, and of accurate representation in video games, while we miss out on one of the most decorated motorsports companies out there, with a long history of interesting road cars too. The only winner? EA, unsurprisingly.

One can only hope that whenever their contract expires, Porsche does some serious considering about where to take their business. These "exclusive" contracts are awful for the industry and fans alike, and set a dangerous precedent I'm worried other developers may be tempted to follow.

Porsche has already said that they have no benefit as far as marketing from video games and its the game developers benefiting from them. That is why they deal exclusively with EA. EA has the money to pay whatever they have to to keep that license. And going by EA's history they like holding the industry by its balls.

Instead of just having RUF, we can get Rauh-Welt too, if I recall, Rauh-Welt just takes the chassis (And sometimes the actual cars themseleves), and COMPLETELY rework them, and if I again recall, Rauh-Welt is there own manufacture like RUF.💡

Instead of just having RUF, we can get Rauh-Welt too, if I recall, Rauh-Welt just takes the chassis (And sometimes the actual cars themseleves), and COMPLETELY rework them, and if I again recall, Rauh-Welt is there own manufacture like RUF.💡

I don't know if you noticed, but any car Rauh-Welt has done usually has Porsche badges, which is clearly a red flag for PD and it tells me that Rauh-Welt isn't a certified Manufacterer. Even though Ruf also tunes Porsches, they are a certified Manufacterer (Building on Unmarked Chassis and doing so with their own bodyshells and they're own in-house parts) and as a result, they even have their own badges on a wide variety of Porsche-based models, thus making licensing far easier with them. So until Rauh-Welt actually becomes a Manufacter as opposed to just a tuner (Making "RWB Porsches" as their site says), they aren't coming to GT.

Edit: Seems like all they do is classic Porsches (930, 964, 993 and 911s) and as said, all of them have Porsche badges.

Last edited:

Nope, RWB is just another bodykit shop.

I would be amazed if Porsche was part of the GT6 manufacturer line-up. It appears that EA will not sub-licence the rights or Sony will not stump up an extortionate sum to include it. If Sony is doing this then I respect it for not being ripped off.

Like the majority here I would love to see Porsche in GT6, mainly to race the RS Spyder, but if it fails to happen then my enjoyment of GT6 will not be effected in any way as there is a huge amount of cars to replace them.

Wouldn't be so bad if we had more Ruf cars.

At the end of the day at least Ferrari and Lambo are in so IMO 2 out of 3 is not bad, yes it'd be nice to have Porsche in GT6 but it is not deal breaking for me.

Typical Mass exaduration. Don't believe logic was ever what he was going for in his post, or accuracy for that matter

It's strange that someone would ignore the AUP, and I quote......

•You will not knowingly post any material that is false, misleading, or inaccurate.

RWB/RAUH-Welt BEGRIFF is a Porsche tuner located in Japan.

SimonK
From their website. Not a manufacturer so no go in GT.

I'll admit that I haven't researched this subject so I'm confused at how confident you are in your answer. Is it based on data that I may have missed somewhere within the thread? As far as I know GT has several tuners works represented within its titles.

I'll admit that I haven't researched this subject so I'm confused at how confident you are in your answer. Is it based on data that I may have missed somewhere within the thread? As far as I know GT has several tuners works represented within its titles.

Thing is, the tuner cars you see in GT5 (most anyway) are versions of various already licensed cars. Ruah Welt only tunes Porsches, all of which are not licensed and they even still have the Porsche badges. Before you mention RUF being Porsches tuners (whic hwe already know), they are reconized as a Manufacterer because Unlike Rauh Welt, 90% of the car (for instance the CTR) is composed of in-house RUF Parts (Including the bodyshell, bodywork and many other things). The remaining 10% is unmarked chassis supplied by Porsche.

RACECAR
Realistically, I get the feeling Porsche will never appear in GT just because I believe PD/Sony (whomever does the licensing) will never be willing to pay the asking price.

Yep the harsh reality :(. But instead of paying outrageous $$$ to EA, just invest into more RUFs. That's just the only solution PD, T10 and anyone else out there who wants a Porsche-like car in their games. Then you got 9ff and TechArt, who modifies Porsches, but I'm not sure about them being independent manufactures like RUF though.

analog
It's isn't just the legendary racecars we'll be missing but potentially a lot of legendary Porsche roadcars as well.

That 3.0 RS 964 and 550! :eek:👍

I would love to see those in GT and FM. It's a downright shame, seeing these iconic Porsche legends not in other games. I hope Porsche tries to set EA straight about this exclusive license 🤬 and allow them to give out the licenses, including all not a few Porsches like the 911 Turbo, GT3, Carrera 4 etc.... I mean all of the cars ranging from the 356, 550, 914-6, 924, 944, 928, 968, 962, 917k, 959 and the 911s from early 964s up to the recent 991.

I always dreamed of driving/racing/drifting a 911 GT3 RS 4.0, GT2 and a 917k on the 'Ring, Fuji and Laguna for a long time. I guess I gonna continue now. :(

But who knows, maybe one day we'll see Porsche in Gran Turismo. I try to be optimistic, but try to stay positive on any situation though.

NFSCARBON1
Porsche has been involved in pretty much every Motorsport there is and has a large back catalogue of famous and revolutionary road cars and racecars. By being confined to NFS I feel they are being wasted. While RUF is a good compromise for 911 and Boxter lovers there are many classic Porsches that RUF haven't made their own version of. And of course all the Group C/Sportscars and rally cars don't get featured in any game as they don't really have a place in NFS.

+1000 👍

You hit the nail on the head why Porsche would want to waste their cars on NFS. I mean after NFS Porsche Unleashed and whenever this exclusive license started, there's been 2-5 Porsches, or for some NFS (i.e. Underground, Motor City) none at all. The only NFS that had more Porsches is HP3, and there's almost 20 cars that are from Porsche! In GT, FM and the others would do justice with the Porsches, ranging from older models to new models, race cars and concepts and showing more in-depth knowledge about the company.

IMO,And seeing this and knowing that Porsche is being used properly in the FM series and that GT can do more with Porsches as well, EA just wants more $$$$ to fill their pockets, by giving these prices to scare other companies away from having a chance of having Porsche and using this license to try and force people into buying NFS, for one car brand, but they can't even make a good game.

The only good NFS IMO is HP 2010. The ones after Carbon and Most Wanted are crap. 👎

Last edited:
It's strange that someone would ignore the AUP, and I quote......

•You will not knowingly post any material that is false, misleading, or inaccurate.

Your not a member of staff here at GTP, and as such I would ask that you refrain from attempting to bring members in line with the AUP, particularly when the comment is clearly humorous and as such not even close to an AUP issue.

RWB/RAUH-Welt BEGRIFF is a Porsche tuner located in Japan.

To include a tuner car in a game you have to licence the original manufacturer, Porsche in this case. RUF appear in games without a Porsche licence because they are legally a manufacturer in their own right. RWB are not.

Going out on one here that could cause a few to hurl teddies around.

Until PD actually fix the tyre model so that width/contact patch size is taken into account then including most of the Porsche model range is pointless.

The way things are currently the significantly larger rear tyres on almost every 911 would not function differently to the fronts and as a result the cars will not be a good recreation of the real thing.

A number of the Ruf models already demonstrate this issue, given that they should initially understeer (heavily) before transitioning to very rapid and heavy oversteer if you shift the load to the front rapidly.

Until this is sorted then it doesn't really matter if Porsche are in GT6 or not, as they will not behave as they should.

Your not a member of staff here at GTP, and as such I would ask that you refrain from attempting to bring members in line with the AUP, particularly when the comment is clearly humorous and as such not even close to an AUP issue.

No problem, I'll stop immediately. My bad.........:)

I highly doubt we we will see Porsche in GT6 but who knows KY and his band of merry men may surprise us as he did with the addition of Ferrari in GT5P.

Back