Chances of Porsche in GT6

Paid Porsche DLC

• Total voters
A car with a hinge above the rear glass is, by definition, a hatchback. It is not a sedan/saloon.
The terms aren't mutually exclusive. A 5 door hatch is nothing more than a sedan with, as you say, a hinge above the rear glass; but that doesn't make it not a sedan.

Similarly, just because manufacturers want to spew some marketing malarky and coin their cars as four dour coupes (CLS, A7, 6 Series Gran Coupe), simply due to the styling of their sloping rear roof lines, it does not make them coupes, which are by definition two doors - they are still sedans/saloons.
Funnily enough, whether something is a coupe has nothing to do with the amount of doors and everything to do with how the roofline is integrated into the body style (which requires nothing more than no B-Pillars and a sloping roofline; and yes, it can be a hatchback with 4 doors and still be a coupe, though I doubt there are any examples of such). Alternatively, a coupe can be differentiated from a tudor by the amount of interior volume behind the front seats.
Anything other than those two explanations, though, is just you saying what you think a coupe is; which is fair enough but doesn't make others (including the ones who are making the cars) wrong when they say something different.

Supposedly, it was Pininfarina that pinned the design of the original NSX so its not as if they are exclusively a Ferrari Designer.
Going along from this, even if they didn't design the NSX:

Peugeot_406_Coupe_3_d93.jpg

They did design (and build) that.

Last edited:
To be honest, I think the Panamera is a beautiful car. Some people are more like, "Porsche should only make two-door sports cars." I like the Panamera as a four-door sports car as much as I do the Aston Martin Rapide or the Lamborghini Estoque (which I'd LOVE to see go into production). As much as I like the 911 range and the Cayman, I'd welcome the Panamera to the lineup if it were included. I've always loved the Cayman as far as recent Porsches are concerned.

I love the look of both the Rapide and Estoque and don't mind a 4-door Porsche at all (in fact I applaud the idea), it's just that I hate the way it looks, there's some very awkward angles and doesn't have the coherent execution like the new 911 for example which proves they are still capable of that.

But perhaps, maybe...JUST MAYBE...they could have handed the design to Pininfarina...But I guess that's heresy to Porsche?

Like I mentioned above, Porsche is still capable of designing beautiful cars and when you look at some of the first sketches it could've turned out to be a real beauty, something went horribly wrong though.

porsche-panamera-sketch-img_3.jpg

Porsche just seem to have no imagination in design, everything seems to be morphed from a 911. Panamera, stretched 911. Cayenne, 911 on stilts. Cayman, 911 coupe. Boxster, 911 roadster.

SimonK
Porsche just seem to have no imagination in design, everything seems to be morphed from a 911. Panamera, stretched 911. Cayenne, 911 on stilts. Cayman, 911 coupe. Boxster, 911 roadster.

Boxster isn't just a roadster, speedster is 911 roadster, boxster is simply value 911 lol (Cayenne and Panamera are the only FR Porsches). You could say the same about any company, ford... Same face, Ferrari..... New models have same face, Aston...... Same face, Lambo....... Similar faces, vauxhaul...... Surprise surprise, same face, BMW....... Same face. List could go on it's not just the badge but the style too. Most ranges are similar, it's what they do

What I think is hilarious is that in the Idler's Games the feild consists of mostly Porsches, where most GT5 players seem to think the Porsches are the worst handling cars on the planet.....why would they race them then.... see videos below for an orgasm:

considering we have none premium RUF cars..... I would be happy with Premium versions of the RWB Porsches

-cool pic of RWB-

-cool pic of RWB-

-cool pic of RWB-

I approve this message!

930's, 964's, and 993's

Although it would be nice to have a few 997 stylized Ruf's like the RT-12S/R; RGT-8; and RT-35! Premium content of course!

phpThumb_cache_ruf-automobile.de_srca044c0d50723cf7406b2e91e3a43ea8f_par5465f13e67ed547d24720ed164bfeb95_dat1342614868.jpeg

That RT-35 (pictured above) would definately be nice but I have to say the Nakai San hand finished Rauh-Welt's would be the most gorgeous cars in the game!

My personal flav-orites to drool over :drool::

01-rauh-welt-rwb-porsche-sema.jpg

rwb_964.jpg

278607_428797597162372_1916403254_o.jpg

6323082016_923b2401b9_b.jpg

speedrcr
What I think is hilarious is that in the Idler's Games the feild consists of mostly Porsches, where most GT5 players seem to think the Porsches are the worst handling cars on the planet.....why would they race them then.... see videos below for an orgasm

Don't know who said there the worst handling car in the world????
Most people know their one of the best handling cars money can buy, that's why we need them on here

Youngun
Don't know who said there the worst handling car in the world????
Most people know their one of the best handling cars money can buy, that's why we need them on here

You know what's sad though? I've come across many ppl on GT who don't like good handling cars. They would much rather have a car that has lots of wheel spin, hardly any traction, high chances of spinning out, etc. How could you NOT want a good handling car that hugs the road through the turns? I will never understand.

What I think is hilarious is that in the Idler's Games the feild consists of mostly Porsches, where most GT5 players seem to think the Porsches are the worst handling cars on the planet.....why would they race them then.... see videos below for an orgasm:

I only seem to remember one guy in this thread saying that so "GT5 players" sounds abit much.

zylacorps
You know what's sad though? I've come across many ppl on GT who don't like good handling cars. They would much rather have a car that has lots of wheel spin, hardly any traction, high chances of spinning out, etc. How could you NOT want a good handling car that hugs the road through the turns? I will never understand.

That's wot TC is for, the track and turning off for fun. But 911 is planted even with it off so NEEDS to be in GT6.

I hope for porsche to join the GT series someday as a licensed car make, but I'm not so sure it will be in GT6. I don't know if EA has officially gave up their porsche license yet.
I'm basically hoping for more Rufs in GT6 and other tuning companies that involve porsche such as 9ff & Gemballa.

Oh here we go again. :rolleyes:

Gran Turismo sponsors the entire race so ALL cars have it. I guess with your thinking we should be upset about all the cars in the race that we don't have.

Ooh, ooh! I want Kaz to put the levitating version of the R8 in GT6!

:sly:

I've just found out there's a French design company called Vintech who are going to show this P550 Tribute coupe at the 2012 Pebble Beach concours (isn't Kaz a judge there?).
It's an hommage to the Porsche 550 yet isn't a replica (more a modern reinterpretation), it's made out of carbon and features a 3.0 litre Boxer-4 engine (it isn't clear whether it'll enter production or remains only a concept).
Maybe if Porsche can't be included this might be a nice addition to the Ruf models for those craving the classic Porsche experience?

porsche550vintech01.jpg

porsche550vintech02.jpg

porsche550vintech03.jpg

porsche550vintech04.jpg

porsche550vintech05.jpg

porsche550vintech06.jpg

Ahem:

Just saying.

Edit: And just to put further emphasis the point, here's a screencap from the official site. Read carefully under "Partner"

picture.php

What's worse than that is not only aforementioned GT3R Hybrid with a Gran Turismo Sticker on it, all the in care views that have that lovely Porsche Shield next to a Gran Turismo sticker in the In Car Camera shots. The irony.

...where most GT5 players seem to think the Porsches are the worst handling cars on the planet....

What I meant to say, "a large amount of players I come in contact with online in game". I hear more than often "those cars handle like crap" and "its a Beetle with a 6".

I honestly think its that these people don't know how to tune their Ruf's. They don't get the handling dynamics of a Rear Engine car and Polar Moment of Inertia

speedrcr
I honestly think its that these people don't know how to tune their Ruf's. They don't get the handling dynamics of a Rear Engine car and Polar Moment of Inertia

It's the same when people whine about the gt 86/ brz/ fr-s being slow and underpowered, it's the boxer engine that makes them great. But it's the same with Porsche but they dominant in places where higher hp rivals can't (like natural grip and balanced weight)

just 911 turbo, turbo s, gt3 rs 4.0 and gt2 rs 4.0 , maybe porsche carrera gt, carrera 4s and s . I would be very happy.

Nill, slim to nun, I'm not thinkin it's going to happen, doubt it,

You've already posted a similar response, why are you posting it again?

Nada, nil, zip, zero, not a chance, I doubt it, not in this life time, ain't gonna happen, I don't think so, yeah right, your kiddin, hahahaha, zilch, doughnut!!!

You can wish jn one hand and fill the other with the substance of your choice, see which hand fills first.

it's the boxer engine that makes them great...

But it's the same with Porsche but they dominant in places where higher hp rivals can't (like natural grip and balanced weight)

I agree, its not always about the HP, its the Torque a lot of the time that mystifies people.

How many times have you seen a BTR or Yellow bird burn people on the take off and straight? That's the torque and proper gearing.

If you don't see it much its in the gearing and shifting. On launches at start I shift at 5,000 max, sometimes 4,500 RPM's (CTR YB). And they aren't quick gears neither, they are pretty tall compared to most other cars.

Tell ya a secret on the CTR, set final to 3.400-3.460, depending on PP and top speed you want set with the top speed auto gear selector according to PP and HP level, and then set 1st Gear almost maxed out to the left, then 2nd stagered off a little. Helps to use that torque with a good LSD setting. Most would argue this but I set most of the LSD settings very low compared to most. I've had alot of success and grip lately compared to before. Were talking lower than 7 on Init and Decel (matching makes the cars a bit more controllable with the throttle...at least for my taste), and the accell lower than 17.

DISCLAIMER: These settings used with pedals and wheel, while "trail braking" incorporated:

trailing-brakes-drawing.jpg

Video illustrating a GT3 RSR utilizing a lot of trail braking techniques at the ring:

Last edited:
Yes and Its okay to put premium RUFs in GT6.(Like in June DLC)

Include the 356s, 996s(Turbo, GT3, GT2, etc.), Carreras and all porsches from Porsche Unleashed.

The EA deal isn't over. Forza has a sub license. EA won't let them put certain models in their game. Anything can happen.

EA, in my humble opinion, locks down on all these good cars and manufacturers.

And what do they do?

Make a game with lackluster controls, miniscule selection of cars, and overall, the games last only about a year until another Need For Speed game comes out. But Gran Turismo 5 lasts for a few years, where we can experience the cars much more and get our money's worth out of it.

EA, grab a shovel and start shoveling over your licensing agreements with Porsche because you are getting kind of stale now.

IMO I think EA (the team working on the shift series) and Turn10 are working together behind the scene's somewhere. Their Shift and Forza games are so similar in graphical style (especially track graphics) you could almost say they are made by the same developer. It may be that Turn10 get a few Porsche licenses for helping EA out with the Shift series? who knows?

I don't think PD will get any license soon for Porsche because EA will just want too much $$ for anything.

In my opinion EA are just hurting themselves with this exclusivity as just 1 manufacturer missing out of any game (specially Gran Turismo) with numerous manufacturer's isn't going to make any real difference.

IMO I think EA (the team working on the shift series) and Turn10 are working together behind the scene's somewhere. Their Shift and Forza games are so similar in graphical style (especially track graphics) you could almost say they are made by the same developer. It may be that Turn10 get a few Porsche licenses for helping EA out with the Shift series? who knows?

I've always wondered why this isn't done (more often) or whether it's indeed already being done, makes perfect sense to share real life 'replica' videogame content if you can agree on the same criteria and both games aren't direct competitors.
It sure could be something that a party could bring to the table to close a deal, modelling is probably the thing costing most resources and thus representing a high value.
Hypothetically (can't see it happening) even PD and Turn10 could share content if they decide to compete on other aspects, it sure would save a helluva lot of time.

No.

Back