Chances of Porsche in GT6

Paid Porsche DLC

• Total voters
ch3ng
They actually sub-license it recently to Turn10 the developer of Forza.

So we do know that only Sony needs to take money or whatever they want to make an agreement with EA.

FM4 isn't the first time it was sub-licensed to Turn 10. Porsche was in FM3 on release day, and I'm 99% sure they were in FM2, as well, and that wasn't a long time ago (as it would be for PD) but rather just 2007.

I am sure that PD could get Porsches just like t10 did. Also Sony has been active lately in partnering with EA in different deals. So just get right people together and deal is done.

I've seen people's ruined Aventadors online... I wouldn't be able to stand a ruined GT3 RS. :scared:

And no one has already done any sort of "Ruining" of it in Forza?

Also, how is adding wings and spoilers "Ruining" a certain car?

I've seen people's ruined Aventadors online... I wouldn't be able to stand a ruined GT3 RS. :scared:

And no one has already done any sort of "Ruining" of it in Forza?

Also, how is adding wings and spoilers "Ruining" a certain car?

Not ruining, Personalising or making Unique. Aventador will be a racer soon so big wing and diffusers with follow, gt3 RS is a pumped up gt3 anyway so not more to do, as its the stipped down, suited up road racer with standard diffuser/spoiler/no-interior car. Only cars that get ruined is riced cars that, thankfully, cant be done in the game (except for some spoilers on FF cars)

Why do people keep saying things like that? EA don't need to explode, PD need to pay them for the license. It's quite simple.

It's not quite that simple.

T10 had a sub-license for Porsche in FM3. For whatever reason, those terms were unacceptable for FM4. We can speculate as to why (FM's increasing popularity versus NFS, its better representation of the Porsche lineup versus NFS, etc etc), but all that is really known is that eventually, T10 and EA did come to an agreement, to add Porsches into FM4 in a 30-car DLC pack. What changed EA's mind? The safest assumption is an even bigger bag of money than the original deal called for, but again, we don't know for sure.

It made it apparent that EA doesn't have some set number for sub-licensing, that they can (and do) charge whatever they want. So it's not quite as simple as PD simply paying, because we don't know how much that amount might be. From a simple business perspective, though, I know that if I were EA, and I'd already bumped the asking price for one competitor, I surely would ask for even more from the highest-selling competitor.

PD would have to balance the price tag with the "value" of adding Porsche. I imagine convincing the bean-counters would be tricky: it's already the best-selling racing game without porkers, how do you justify a significant cash outlay when there'd be limited sales improvements?

That all said, I'd hope they swallow the pill and work with EA on getting them into GT, cost be damned. Surely PD has a couple bags of money laying around...

It's not quite that simple.

T10 had a sub-license for Porsche in FM3. For whatever reason, those terms were unacceptable for FM4. We can speculate as to why (FM's increasing popularity versus NFS, its better representation of the Porsche lineup versus NFS, etc etc), but all that is really known is that eventually, T10 and EA did come to an agreement, to add Porsches into FM4 in a 30-car DLC pack. What changed EA's mind? The safest assumption is an even bigger bag of money than the original deal called for, but again, we don't know for sure.

It made it apparent that EA doesn't have some set number for sub-licensing, that they can (and do) charge whatever they want. So it's not quite as simple as PD simply paying, because we don't know how much that amount might be. From a simple business perspective, though, I know that if I were EA, and I'd already bumped the asking price for one competitor, I surely would ask for even more from the highest-selling competitor.

PD would have to balance the price tag with the "value" of adding Porsche. I imagine convincing the bean-counters would be tricky: it's already the best-selling racing game without porkers, how do you justify a significant cash outlay when there'd be limited sales improvements?

That all said, I'd hope they swallow the pill and work with EA on getting them into GT, cost be damned. Surely PD has a couple bags of money laying around...

Thats why i always said, bring out GT6 first. View numbers and test the water with a Big DLC and price, Check those figure and see if getting porsche would be financially viable as a DLC to make Profit (all be it small). I'd pay a £10 for a 30 car pack or more depending on the Game first

From a simple business perspective, though, I know that if I were EA, and I'd already bumped the asking price for one competitor, I surely would ask for even more from the highest-selling competitor.

Depends I think, if you look at it another way and assuming the sales of GT6 will be largely the same with or without Porsche, it maybe doesn't threaten their own titles as much apart from some hardcore Porsche fans (assuming perhaps they would already buy GT6 as well) not buying them anymore (which is the same with Forza I guess) they can still cash in if they ask for a 'reasonable' amount or get nothing, especially considering this license deal probably won't be an exclusive forever.

So if it's hard to convince the beancounters GT6 needs Porsche regarding sales (which is true I think), then EA is aware of that too and they know which side their bread is buttered.
Obviously they're trying to get the most they can get but knowing GT6 doesn't really need Porsche might make the negotiations easier on PD's part.
So I doubt it's only a money issue if GT6 doesn't include Porsche, there might be a strategic reason why the license isn't granted (or the price is ridiculously high), that the huge sales of most GT-titles is a bigger thread than I first suggested it might be for EA's own titles (but again, the same can be said for Forza even though its sales are significantly lower).

What was the sales numbers of the latest NFS title in comparison to Forza 4 and GT5?

I'm not getting my hopes up because either microsoft will bribe Porsche to keep it exclusive to forza or microsoft will sue PD if Porsche are in the GT series.

Meh, people say EA is evil but Porsche is no better with those exclusivity deals. If they don't want promotion through GT (it's only the best selling game on the PS3) then that's their problem. That's why we have RUF. It looks like a Porsche and goes fast. We need more premium ones though.

I'm not getting my hopes up because either microsoft will bribe Porsche to keep it exclusive to forza or microsoft will sue PD if Porsche are in the GT series.

Ummm, how exactly? Theres not even anything illegal about having a brand in your game. Abit flawed thinking there.

Meh, people say EA is evil but Porsche is no better with those exclusivity deals. If they don't want promotion through GT (it's only the best selling game on the PS3) then that's their problem. That's why we have RUF. It looks like a Porsche and goes fast. We need more premium ones though.

+100. Sorry Porsche, but I'm back with RUF. *Dumps Porsche...*

I'm just really against microsoft, if you couldn't tell yet. I have no idea how stuff like that works.

So I now understand. Thing is, Microsoft can't sue another company if the Porsche brand is in another game. It would just mean Sony and PD were able to cough up the neccessary dough needed to get them.

I think EA holds the exclusive license for Posche because they think that the only reason people buy their games it's for Porsche :rolleyes:

The only question I have its: ¿How much does the sub-license costs?
(sorry if it's already posted :dunce: )

Sony oopsEA Owns the Porsche License, not Microsoft. So if it'll be an exclusive, itll be N4S series and noone else (if forza dont pay up etc)

Last edited:
Youngun
Sony Owns Porsche, not Microsoft. So it'll never be exclusive to anyone but N4S series

You really need to do some research mate.

If Sony owns Porsche there wouldn't be any issue acquiring them for GT.

Plus they have been added to Forza not just N4S. That's the angle we are going for the moment. Ie. PD doing a similar deal if that's the only way.
Also if people are prepared to pay for DLC.
Oh and PD justifying it to the bean counters when GT sells fine without them.

You really need to do some research mate.

If Sony owns Porsche there wouldn't be any issue acquiring them for GT.

Plus they have been added to Forza not just N4S. That's the angle we are going for the moment. Ie. PD doing a similar deal if that's the only way.
Also if people are prepared to pay for DLC.
Oh and PD justifying it to the bean counters when GT sells fine without them.

My bad, Ment EA (it was late)

I'm just really against microsoft, if you couldn't tell yet. I have no idea how stuff like that works.

Maybe don't say stupid stuff like that in the future then. Because it does just make you look like a tin foil hat wearing idiot. OMGZ Microsoft are out to get everyone.

Ruf's are Porsches takes to the next level anyway, so plenty of those as premiums
with lots of visual customization options would do nicely for GT6

No need at all for 'real/proper' Porsches imo, although of course it wouldn't hurt :)

Ruf's are Porsches takes to the next level anyway, so plenty of those as premiums
with lots of visual customization options would do nicely for GT6

No need at all for 'real/proper' Porsches imo, although of course it wouldn't hurt :)

But you're leaving out half of what makes Porsche what they are; their race cars. Porsche is more than just 911's. RUF is will never be a good substitute for the real thing.

But you're leaving out half of what makes Porsche what they are; their race cars. Porsche is more than just 911's. RUF is will never be a good substitute for the real thing.

Not only that, but there are some truly iconic Porsche roadcars of which there is no 'Ruf-version'.
If Porsche isn't included there better be Premium Ruf-models in GT6 as even though Porsche indeed isn't just the 911, I'll admit that the thing I currently miss most in GT5 carwise is a Premium 911.
But Ruf won't be a substitute for Porsche, the unique cars they make (like the CTR3 or RGT-8) which aren't offered by Porsche simply don't outweigh all the Porsche models (race and road) they didn't make (and you can have both as Forza proves).

Back