Chances of Porsche in GT6

Paid Porsche DLC

• Total voters
Yes

I think Gran turismo needs some Porsche's. Yeah we got rufs but those arn't really true Porsche's.

More so than the million 911's they have though i really want the 962 Group C le mans car. MUST HAVE.
1994winningdauer962fat.jpg

Depends on how extensive the pack would be, and the price.

I really would like to see what PD could do with a Porsche license, though. I think that, given free rein and enough time to do the modeling, they would pick out a pretty nice lineup of both new and old Porsches. We could probably see some cars that the competition currently doesn't have, like the 928, 968 or 904.

Id be willing simply for my love of porsche and also because i really do think it sucks that porsche isnt in gt5 cause they make great cars and could be a great add on to the game

Okay there should be a maybe option here. Because paying DLC for only like 4 or 5 cars at $5 F that man.

Give me 10 cars for $5 or even 15 for $5 I'm game.

Zuku
Okay there should be a maybe option here. Because paying DLC for only like 4 or 5 cars at $5 F that man.

Give me 10 cars for $5 or even 15 for $5 I'm game.

Sorry mate I'm not privvy to PD/EA pricing policy.
I was just interested in the principle of bringing Porsche over.

I'm only going by previous history with this elusive license and avenues to explore.

Personally I don't like the idea of EA making money without lifting a finger.

Depends on the car selection.

If its a pack of 10 cars with 6 road models and 4 racing cars sure.

If its a pack of 5 cars with 4 911s and one racing car Ill pass

Yes, I'd pay any day of the week, I'd hope that they made good pics of what car selection was made; unfortunately, PD should have hired who ever Forza has working for them, all the race car selections are exactly what I would want in a racing game, but I wouldn't even consider going to Forza... GT for life.. by the way, I put up a DLC Kings of the Nurburgring Petition, if you see it, feel free to support it, car selection is everything..

The question has been asked, "If we have RUF's in the game, why do we need Porsche?" Because racecar. Cliched internet phrasing aside, Porsche is one of history's great race car makers. Their lineage and success is staggering, and I, for one, would love the chance to pilot a 550 RS, a 956/962, or a Carrera Cup car in Gran Turismo. EA has never done justice to the precision engineering and excellent dynamics of Porsche's cars, tending more towards arcade style games. The accuracy and attention to detail that PD is so well known for would suit Porsche well, in my opinion, and would show off the brand better than anything EA is capable of.

Sorry mate I'm not privvy to PD/EA pricing policy.
I was just interested in the principle of bringing Porsche over.

I'm only going by previous history with this elusive license and avenues to explore.

Personally I don't like the idea of EA making money without lifting a finger.

Even still I'm just saying that's one of the main reasons I haven't bought any other GT5 DLC besides the one I currently had on XL edition.

Yeah, Ruf is only a 'substitute' for the current line up and for the eighties/nineties generation of 911's perhaps but there's so much more you'll get with Porsche.

This famous 935 for example.

1978_Porsche_935_Moby_Dick_001_6406.jpg

And is there a Ruf version of this classic?

porsche_tractor.jpg

Don't think so, end of discussion.

Why do people keep saying things like that? EA don't need to explode, PD need to pay them for the license. It's quite simple.

There could be more to it ya know. It could be what you said, or maybe EA isn't actually going to sub-license it. We don't know. Simple as that.

There could be more to it ya know. It could be what you said, or maybe EA isn't actually going to sub-license it. We don't know. Simple as that.

Well of course there is more to it but I'm pretty sure EA exploding won't come into the equation. People also keep saying no for certain when again, they have no idea. They're just making assumptions.

EliteDreamer

They actually sub-license it recently to Turn10 the developer of Forza.

So we do know that only Sony needs to take money or whatever they want to make an agreement with EA.

Why do people keep saying things like that? EA don't need to explode, PD need to pay them for the license. It's quite simple.

Because people hate EA therefore the logical answer to anything EA related is anything illogical.

They actually sub-license it recently to Turn10 the developer of Forza.

So we do know that only Sony needs to take money or whatever they want to make an agreement with EA.

I know that, but once again, you never know.

haha 👍 Can't believe he took it seriously.

Who me? Well obviously it's pretty hard for a company to literally explode but i'm sure what he meant was unless something extraordinary happened to EA, probably financially, we wouldn't get Porsche, end of. That cleanly is not the case.

SimonK

We know that PD has the money and if they advertise now including Porsche or even word of mouth it's a no brainer. The question remains is, is it even possible for PD to obtain the right to the license money or not???? HMMM

Latest Posts

Back