Circuit de Sainte-Croix is Fantastic!

• Thread starter KinLM
  • 200 comments

Do you think this new circuit is one of PD’s best?

• Yes, it’s at the top

• No, it’s horrible

• I’m somewhere in the middle; not terrible but not too good

Results are only viewable after voting.
One section I'm really liking, there's a fast, downhill right-hander with a view of the water. I have to start with an outward line and tighten up close to the right side barrier. This leads into a medium straight and then a left hander.
I also like the run to the bridge entering from a right hand turn. It's a quick left bump then left. THEN, braking for the right turn onto the bridge.

Might have to start taking pics to explain parts of the track.

i think the circuit is really nice, to much longer, but no problem.
B and C are great, i prefer B, beacause the last part from C look like a very old circuit.
the A section is good and not at the same time, a litle bit longer and many corners

Is it just me or does Circuit A look and feel more lively than the other variants? I see quite a few more grandstands in Circuit A.

In any case, I'm liking all the variants of Circuit de Sainte-Croix. Circuit A and Circuit B are both pretty good for racing, and I find Circuit C to be a good track to just cruise around.

I'm loving this consistent influx of new tracks with each major update. GTS was very much in need of new tracks at release, and PD have delivered time after time. I'm very excited to see what comes next in the track list!

I dislike ALL fictional tracks. We have so many real world fantastic tracks I just fail to see the appeal of this garbage.

Perhaps *IF* we had Spa, Hockenheim, Motegi, Mt Fuji, Silverstone etc, etc, etc and we were struggling for content (which I do no see how!) then maybe throw some of this made up rubbish in.

At least give us the real world tracks that have already been in the game (and previously paid for! e.g Spa!)
I totally agree with you. And I would add that real world tracks enhance my love and appreciation of real world motor sport. And I think a lot of people playing this game are lacking in respect for the sport or they wouldn't be ruining every race the way they do.

One section I'm really liking, there's a fast, downhill right-hander with a view of the water. I have to start with an outward line and tighten up close to the right side barrier. This leads into a medium straight and then a left hander.
I also like the run to the bridge entering from a right hand turn. It's a quick left bump then left. THEN, braking for the right turn onto the bridge.

I know what you're referring to. It's a great section of the track! :cheers:

I am reminded of Rouen in Grand Prix Legends with many of the layouts of St. Croix.

I quite like the 1967 feeling ambiance especially in the pre 1979 vintage races.

Damn those $15 mil. Miuras and $2.8 mil. GT40 Mk2s... I'm barely keeping up in my $200k Pantera...

Last edited:
Have to say, my first time on Circuit de Sainte-Croix is in the W08 in the little race series and it's really not very interesting.
That layout is a few nice corners and a few bits that flow, with very little grip mind, followed by a near identical procession of unremarkable right hand corners.

It's really hard to get a flow together because it's so stop start all the time... I don't understand why they spent the time and energy on it when they could have given us some of the classic GT tracks from older games...

I don't think you're talking about the same circuit. Not beating you up about your view. It's just, St Croix isn't stop start. Try a slower car.

I've posted before, my view is, St Croix works better using lower than Gr. 3. It's like Mount Panorama is better using a powerful car than a slow road car.
St Croix flows nicely with the right cars.

Here's another note. The hosts for Best Motoring, mainly run races at Tsukuba because of track length. It's not ideal for supercars as the gearing is suited for bigger tracks. Hence, they sometimes run at Fuji.

Stop start tracks mean, before getting up to speed, you're braking. Before getting up to speed, you're braking. In a slower car, St Croix has a good flow.

I don't think you're talking about the same circuit. Not beating you up about your view. It's just, St Croix isn't stop start. Try a slower car.

I've posted before, my view is, St Croix works better using lower than Gr. 3. It's like Mount Panorama is better using a powerful car than a slow road car.
St Croix flows nicely with the right cars.

Here's another note. The hosts for Best Motoring, mainly run races at Tsukuba because of track length. It's not ideal for supercars as the gearing is suited for bigger tracks. Hence, they sometimes run at Fuji.

Stop start tracks mean, before getting up to speed, you're braking. Before getting up to speed, you're braking. In a slower car, St Croix has a good flow.

I can't pick a slower car, the 'challenge' (because lets face it the AI can't actually race), is a one spec series in the Mercedes W08 Formula One car.
The reason it is so stop start is because the track only has a few flowing corners (that are 5th gear corners or flat out), even the chicanes in that layout are either at right angles with kerbs that'll throw you off so you can't actually attack it, like say any real ones in the game, or are so massive they are just a series of tighter spaced right hand corners.
The only part of the track that offers anything interesting is the exit of the bridge as there is some undulation and changes in grip levels.

It feels artificial and sterile on everything that isn't the bridge section.

I can't pick a slower car, the 'challenge' (because lets face it the AI can't actually race), is a one spec series in the Mercedes W08 Formula One car.

You do realise that variant C is a weekly race event for Gr3 and on top of that their is arcade and custom facilities, right? You're currently using a dreadful car in a fixed event so your impression of the circuit is low.
Try it in a Gr3 Ferrari 458 or a Gr4 Megane Trophy. Even the Gr2 cars are brilliant around it. Expand your horizons and ditch that dreadful F1 banger!

You do realise that variant C is a weekly race event for Gr3 and on top of that their is arcade and custom facilities
Yes, and?
You're currently using a dreadful car
No I'm not.
Try it in a Gr3 Ferrari 458 or a Gr4 Megane Trophy.
I will do as and when I get the time.
Expand your horizons and ditch that dreadful F1 banger!
Expand my horizons because you don't like the car/event I'm doing?
How could my horizons even be limited? I'm using a car that's only been in the game a few days and my KudosPrime stats clearly show I've been playing longer than a few days... hell if you go onto my profile via the link in my signature, you can see my course stats, that clearly show I race in GR3/2 and 1 on a wide range of tracks..

My initial post clearly stated that my opinions where limited to the short running I've done on it, in a limited series. I wasn't writing off the track totally or giving a review to be added to some sort of MetaCritic. Maybe you should expand your horizons on how you form opinions/reply to people on forums?

All three layouts have fantastic sections. I'm not a fan of ultra-long straights, but some of the blind corners or the ones that open up are great to drive when you're on point. Also, the track is very wide in some points, which allows for interesting lines once you get your nose next to someone.

Real tracks are nice, but I like the alternating releasing of tracks. While there are great real world locations, I've been playing driving games for decades, and the last decade more than any other before it have featured a lot of the same tracks. The compromise between new and known tracks makes it a better experience in my eyes.

I'm going to commit some heresy when I say that I prefer they release St. Croix with six versions than say Laguna Seca, Infineon or Catalyuna or Albert Park or Sepang or Hungaroring or Valencia or the million and one real world tracks that have been done to death or are even barely worth watching let alone driving.

I make an exception for our grand sport's crown achievement, the track in Stavelot Belgium, Gran Turismo's rightful home track.

I totally agree with you. And I would add that real world tracks enhance my love and appreciation of real world motor sport. And I think a lot of people playing this game are lacking in respect for the sport or they wouldn't be ruining every race the way they do.

The worst part about fantasy tracks is that I have to wait until the Circuit Experience for it, opens up, before I can get good at it and understand it's nuances. With the real world tracks I've either raced on them in other games or I can go digging through real world footage to learn more about the track. The digging usually results in discovering some amazing backstory and footage on a track that I typically would have never cared about.

Yes, and?

No I'm not.

I will do as and when I get the time.

Expand my horizons because you don't like the car/event I'm doing?
How could my horizons even be limited? I'm using a car that's only been in the game a few days and my KudosPrime stats clearly show I've been playing longer than a few days... hell if you go onto my profile via the link in my signature, you can see my course stats, that clearly show I race in GR3/2 and 1 on a wide range of tracks..

My initial post clearly stated that my opinions where limited to the short running I've done on it, in a limited series. I wasn't writing off the track totally or giving a review to be added to some sort of MetaCritic. Maybe you should expand your horizons on how you form opinions/reply to people on forums?

Alright flower, keep yer wig on!! Get out of bed the wrong side or something?!

Have to say, my first time on Circuit de Sainte-Croix is in the W08 in the little race series and it's really not very interesting.
That layout is a few nice corners and a few bits that flow, with very little grip mind, followed by a near identical procession of unremarkable right hand corners.

It's really hard to get a flow together because it's so stop start all the time... I don't understand why they spent the time and energy on it when they could have given us some of the classic GT tracks from older games...
Agreed, hard to get some flow, those 90°ish corners are just bad, uninteresting. And that downhill right-left tightening (is that even a word?) chicane(?) just kills the whole lap for me.

And I enjoyed it more in W08 rather than other slower cars.
Even then, the only corners I enjoyed are the last corner (fun in W08) and that fast left after long straight with right kink.

Layout B is a different story though, very nice.

adb
Agreed, hard to get some flow, those 90°ish corners are just bad, uninteresting. And that downhill right-left tightening (is that even a word?) chicane(?) just kills the whole lap for me.

And I enjoyed it more in W08 rather than other slower cars.
Even then, the only corners I enjoyed are the last corner (fun in W08) and that fast left after long straight with right kink.

Layout B is a different story though, very nice.

I actually really enjoy that kink haha
Yeah the last corner is fun, but again because of the barrier on the exit, there isn't any run off, so it just feels kinda dull, you can push over the limit and only loose a second or two.

The worst corner for me is the double left hander, there is zero grip and so you can't really get a flow you just have to tip-toe around it otherwise you'll just drop the rear (after a straight with a short kink, turns 3 and 4 I think?).

Once I get done with this event I'll have more of a play around with it, GR3 is my jam so I'll be able to get a bit more of an idea of it at lower speed :D

Yeah the last corner is fun, but again because of the barrier on the exit, there isn't any run off, so it just feels kinda dull, you can push over the limit and only loose a second or two.
True, but when you nail it, few cms off the wall, in W08 in 7th gear, damn, that was satisfying when I got it right first time :D

The worst corner for me is the double left hander, there is zero grip and so you can't really get a flow you just have to tip-toe around it otherwise you'll just drop the rear
Yeah, they're bad, which gear are you using in W08 there? 3rd or 4th? In 4th rear is not that critical, but sure, those two are not enjoyable.

adb
True, but when you nail it, few cms off the wall, in W08 in 7th gear, damn, that was satisfying when I got it right first time :D

Yeah, they're bad, which gear are you using in W08 there? 3rd or 4th? In 4th rear is not that critical, but sure, those two are not enjoyable.
Yeah I use auto gears because I don't have the dexterity/coordination to use manual gears on a controller, so yeah 3rd haha... on the real world tracks I've driven the W08 on it's not too much of an issue, and indeed on all the other corners it isn't too bad, you brake, wake for it to down shift and then apply throttle, but you have to be so crazy careful until it upshifts...

...it really ****s me off that GT Sport doesn't have auto gears with the option to manually shift too, like the F1 games have, so I could just quickly short-shift to 4th

I do enjoy the new tracks, however those last esses on the B version are not tight enough. What should have been a great tricky last section is ruined when it's easy flat out. (like mentioned before). I also think other corners on PD tracks suffer from the same problem like esses at Dragon Trail.

But the part when you are at top of the B track overlooking the castle and the bridge is fantastic.

It feels like it was designed by engineers without any passion or artistry. I don't feel any soul in this track.

It's also very lazily put together. So many copy and pasted trees that I can see easily even at speed. This is supposed to be the premiere racing studio, obsessed with details. Their tracks should reflect that attention to detail and care. Also, most of the scenery is ruined by those high barriers.

Between DT Gardens and now this, I really don't want to see another new fantasy track from them in GTS.

Last edited:
I have to start searching for peculiar things at this track. We already had a wealth of the purple flower pics. Maybe there's something in the water... bigger than amoebas.

My favorite layout is the C. Gives me this road racing feel similar to the early days of racing.

I have to start searching for peculiar things at this track. We already had a wealth of the purple flower pics. Maybe there's something in the water... bigger than amoebas.

Maybe there exists Kaz's beloved aquatic pet larger than the Loch Ness... :eek:

Back