Clean Road Car Racing LeagueOpen 

• Thread starter RewindTape
  • 641 comments
I'll try schedule a race on Monday and we'll see what the tools do. :)
How does a 500 PP, Sport Hard, Tuning allowed, 45 minute race on Nürburgring Type V sound?

Sounds good:tup:
Off topic: Guys, guys, guys... Rival Sons is one of the best bands I've ever seen live!
  • Wednesday 03 December 2014:
    Milan, Italy

I've listened to them after your suggestion and I have to say they're really good. They've got a Led Zeppelin-ish sound here and there (which isn't a bad thing) but they surely have inventive and their own style. Last album is very enjoyable. So, if you've got other suggestions...:) I'm always open to new bands.
Unfortunately I live 5 hours away from Milan by car, and I'm afraid I wouldn't have company, because they're not popular at all here. Even on "non-mainstream" radios/blogs/sites there's no mention of them, that's strange. If they're coming on tour in central Italy I'll surely try to see them live.

Sounds good:tup:

I've listened to them after your suggestion and I have to say they're really good. They've got a Led Zeppelin-ish sound here and there (which isn't a bad thing) but they surely have inventive and their own style. Last album is very enjoyable. So, if you've got other suggestions...:) I'm always open to new bands.
Unfortunately I live 5 hours away from Milan by car, and I'm afraid I wouldn't have company, because they're not popular at all here. Even on "non-mainstream" radios/blogs/sites there's no mention of them, that's strange. If they're coming on tour in central Italy I'll surely try to see them live.

For some reason I couldn't register the race from the browser. I'll do it on the PS3 when I get home. :)

Glad you like 'em! They got flak in the beginning for being Led Zeppelin v2.0 (quite a compliment if you ask me), but if you pay attention they sound both modern and retro at the same time. You can clearly hear influences from 60's and 70's rock, but they have still brought them to the present and made them into their own. They have a really high lowest quality too, and the records are diverse in types of songs. All-round a great band!

Yeah, I know what you mean. I drove 4+1 hour to get to Stockholm to see them, but I had company the final hour and for the concert. Going by yourself is not as much fun at all. And even if the three shows in Sweden were sold out, they still haven't hit mainstream here either, yet. ;)
If you like a great live show, please do go see them if you have a chance. I don't believe anybody you get to go with you will regret it... :D

Without knowing what else you like, here's a song by Zodiac, whom I discovered earlier this year:

:)

Last edited:
I think so

And yes please open a general one for drivers who don't follow gtplanet. You could add the link to our gtplanet thread, what do you think?

Thx!
Good idea. Thread created!

Edit: There was no easy way of linking to this GTPlanet thread. The character limit is quite small.

Last edited:
What a disaster last night - connection issues galore! :banghead:

Thanks anyway for showing up and trying, mephi, Mad, ushu, and marco. 👍

To those who play more regularly than I, it can't always be that bad, right? :grumpy:

What happened yesterday I need to think it was a case of bad luck or some connection issues on game's end because it happened to all of us.

Later I did some quick match races and I had no issues so I only know that I know nothing :lol:

Hi guys, I announce, I have found a buyer for my PS3 and one for my steering wheel. They come tomorrow to try and buy.
I suggest you to ride tonight on GT6 :))?

I am sad to leave you :guilty:, but I prefer to sell my PS3 as it still costs a nice amount of money.

It hurts my heart but it is the best choice. :(
I'll probably buy a steering wheel for PS4 when GT7 will be available or maybe for Project Car.
I hope to see you soon guys, drive at full speed with you will miss me.

Anyone for tonight ? :sly:

Edit : Friends, PS3 and steering wheel G27 are gone this afternoon (Sunday 7), the PS3 for a teenager which will play GTA 5 and Call Of Duty BO2, and the G27 to another teenager which will play on PS3 and PC at any driving simulation games.
€ 130 for each :)

Yesterday, when I emptied my boxes, I've found my old G27. Logitech didn't request the return of my faulty wheel, they send me a new.
Why not try to repair it if, Logitech released a update for PS4.

So, I leave you after this pitiful session Monday. But after two titles of Supreme Champion of the Clean Road Car Racing League :sly: :P
I have spent great good time with you friends :cheers: and on Gran Turismo in general.

Keep in touch via GTPlanet, of course I will continue to follow you fellas :D

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
I'll have a PS4 after Christmas, Mephis. I don't know if it's any good, but I'll have Drive Club. Looks a bit too arcady and also surprisingly straight faced for my tastes, but apparently it plays OK, and I've seen it for sale already, previously owned, at about £20 (€25) and I know that Vuja has it. Maybe we could get together on that? Decorate some cars, get some club kudos going :)

You'll be missed on GT6 sir. Looking forward to getting back together in GT7, some point in the unspecified future!

mephi, I understand that the PS3 gotta go while you still got a pretty good deal out of it. Sad, as you've been a part of the league for while now. We'll miss you, man, especially in the rain. :)
But you and me see each other in GTA : Online quite often, so we keep in touch there too (I would probably benefit from learning French though. :D)
Edit: And why I didn't use the motion sensor for bike riding before is beyond me. It's so much fun!

Least, the weather mod they just released for Driveclub has some incredible visuals. Too little water spray and too little effect on the grip for my taste, but the game is quite arcade-y. Which I need! Man, I struggle driving with the controller... :guilty:
It doesn't mean it's boring when racing good drivers though. And it's definitely worth €25, mephi! ;)
Wasn't GT7 promised for 2015 at the PS event recently? We'll see if they can deliver it in a year.

Will anyone be on GT6 tonight?
If so, message me and we'll start up a open club lobby and just do some driving/racing (if the network doesn't screw us over again :grumpy:). We need to test some cars and tracks for Championship 7 too. :)

Last edited:
Least, the weather mod they just released for Driveclub has some incredible visuals. Too little water spray and too little effect on the grip for my taste, but the game is quite arcade-y. Which I need! Man, I struggle driving with the controller... :guilty:
It doesn't mean it's boring when racing good drivers though. And it's definitely worth €25, mephi! ;)
Wasn't GT7 promised for 2015 at the PS event recently? We'll see if they can deliver it in a year.

I'm still waiting the PS+ version of Driveclub. I think it'll be a long wait... Anyway, I've watched a couple of videos with the new weather effects and it's really impressive! Now I'm very curious to see what PD can do with the PS4. Driveclub, at least on the graphics side, it's a remarkable start.

Will anyone be on GT6 tonight?
If so, message me and we'll start up a open club lobby and just do some driving/racing (if the network doesn't screw us over again :grumpy:). We need to test some cars and tracks for Championship 7 too. :)

Too late. When you want to test something or just for an evening of fun racing, I'm in.

Offtopic, music related, to Vuja:): last weekend my sister went to London to see an old friend working there. She also went to Wembley to see Lenny Kravitz live. Guess what was the opening band? Rival Sons, which obviously she never even heard of. :banghead: In Italy there's an old dictum which says: "Who has bread (food), doesn't have teeth". Which basically is: sometimes some people don't realize how lucky they are:).

I'm still waiting the PS+ version of Driveclub. I think it'll be a long wait... Anyway, I've watched a couple of videos with the new weather effects and it's really impressive! Now I'm very curious to see what PD can do with the PS4. Driveclub, at least on the graphics side, it's a remarkable start.
//
Too late. When you want to test something or just for an evening of fun racing, I'm in.
//
Offtopic, music related, to Vuja:): last weekend my sister went to London to see an old friend working there. She also went to Wembley to see Lenny Kravitz live. Guess what was the opening band? Rival Sons, which obviously she never even heard of. :banghead: In Italy there's an old dictum which says: "Who has bread (food), doesn't have teeth". Which basically is: sometimes some people don't realize how lucky they are:).

Yep! I'm interested too in seeing what Polyphony Digital can come up with for the PS4, especially after playing Driveclub and watching videos of Project Cars. :D
I feel they need to up their game and do something revolutionary for the series. Another iteration of the same formula will feel limited to me, especially as they will have the direct competition of Project Cars. I'm still dreaming of huge grid endurance race, even if it's just for offline. If they can get 16 cars on the line with 256MB of memory with current graphics, I could live with the current track and premium car graphics if that were to happen. Somewhat better weather and lighting effects will be appreciated though. I wonder if we'll actually see a reasonably populated Nürburgring, say 100+ cars, and a proper endurance damage model (i.e. wear and tear) in GT7.
Well, I can dream until the actual release lets me down... :lol:

Music related @marco89IT : Ahh... Ain't that typical, so say! That's quite a double bill, as I suspect Kravitz was OK too. :P
What did she think of Rival Sons, were they just a passing moment while waiting for the main act or did she enjoy the show? :)

Friday!
:cheers:

PS. "Hackers" are overloading my ISP at home so I don't know if I can get online tonight. :grumpy:

Maintenance scheduled, let's see if they'll release an update. Time to refresh GT6 a bit.

Music related @marco89IT : Ahh... Ain't that typical, so say! That's quite a double bill, as I suspect Kravitz was OK too. :P
What did she think of Rival Sons, were they just a passing moment while waiting for the main act or did she enjoy the show? :)

@RewindTape Kravitz was OK for sure, probably he's not the most inventive, but I think he's talented and he has a good band behind him as well. She said they did a lot of instrumental parts, sort of jam sessions. I suppose he has become a musician more than the showman he was.
Before Rival Sons there was a solo singer/DJ with a Spanish/South American name, so famous that I've tried to find some informations about him but he doesn't even have a Wikipedia page. She said he was a bit depressing and his music clashed a lot with the one of Rival Sons and Lenny Kravitz. So when Rival Sons joined the stage they probably appeared even louder than they are, especially considering she was very near the stage. She's not an expert of that kind of music and i think that wasn't the best way to listen to a band for the very first time, so her "review" isn't that reliable, but she made me understand that there wasn't lack of energy during their show, that's for sure. They've been on stage for around 40 minutes, which isn't bad either.

PS4 in a few days! Getting excited. I've got 4 games that have 4 player couch co-op, and I have 4 controllers this time around. Looking forward to some extreme multiplayer yelling going on in my house.

I hope everyone else's preparations are going well; not sure if I'll be here again in the next few days, so allow me to wish you all the Merriest of Christmases, and a Happy New Year!

Looking forward to some more racing in 2015. Is it me, or has the cock-pit cam sound changed a bit recently?

Hi Mephis! I'm well thanks, you? CRCR seems to be, lets say 'dormant' instead of dead. I imagine it'll pick up when GT7 comes around, anyone heard when that might be? Turns out that the PS3 doesn't get switched on very often, once the PS4 is around!
Meanwhile, Driveclub is fullfilling my driving requirements. It's arcady, but the time trial challenge part of it is pretty great, it's got some of the best ghost-racing I've played, and there's enough depth in the handling to make it fun. And Project Cars might be in a few months...
Cheers folks.

Hello, mephi, Least... guys! :)

I hope CRCR isn't dead. That would be sad.
No, as Least said, once I got the PS4, and with my horrible last experiences with the GT6 online/community tools, I'm just not that drawn towards GT6. Sure, Driveclub was horrid in the beginning, but it's quite alright now. (Oh, Least, I can't join your club, or find your invite anymore).

How many of you would be willing to start up the PS3 and race for a bit some night?

My apologies for being inactive here. And apart from what I said before I also have some health issues (nothing too serious), and I've been "keeping busy" in GTA on the PS4 and in Elite: Dangerous on the PC.

Next up is Project CARS, which will have a 45 car limit offline, and a 32 car limit online on PC (16 for consoles).
What's most exciting about this (apart from the fact that it's possible to run a "Porsche"/RUF in a sizable GT3 imaginary league - potentially with a livery of my own design) is that you can add AI cars to fill up the grid in online play.
I believe that will make online racing, especially endurance racing, much more enjoyable in Project CARS! Even if it's only possible to get six or eight drivers on the grid, there will still be 32 (or 16) cars there when the flag drops. Awesome, I think!

Take care!
:cheers:

Edit: Language broken. Less so now.

Last edited:
I'll re-invite you to my Drive Club club, Vuja. Or, if you load the game you could apply to join, the club is called 'Neat Lines'. Club is level 18, nearly 19, and I'm driver level 43 at the moment.
Did you get the Elements pack, Vuja? The wet races are something to behold.

I'll re-invite you to my Drive Club club, Vuja. Or, if you load the game you could apply to join, the club is called 'Neat Lines'. Club is level 18, nearly 19, and I'm driver level 43 at the moment.
Did you get the Elements pack, Vuja? The wet races are something to behold.

I did apply. Did it not come through? Weird. Unless I somehow mixed up the clubs. :confused:

No, I haven't got any of the payed DLC. Early on I was close to buying the season pass, but now I no longer know if it's worth it. Do you have them all?

Yeah, the weather effects are spectacular. Not much water spray, but... Man, it's beautiful! :D

Edit: Oh, it seems Elements is the added weather effects. Yep, I have that one.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I'm another one reluctant going back to PS3, but I really miss racing with you guys. I'll almost certainly buy Project CARS for PS4 next month, but I guess there's still the issue with steering wheels compatibility. Let's hope they fix that before the launch, so that CRCR can be reunited :) I perfectly understand wheel users not buying it or going for the PC version, it seems done on purpose to force people buying new wheels and that's annoying to say the least.

@LeastResistance : Stupid Driveclub won't let me apply to your club. :(
And I was 10s (!!!) behind your time in the challange. :lol: I miss my wheel...

@marco89IT : Yeah... I miss the driving in circles with you guys too. :)
About the G27 on the PS4 - I'm not very hopeful. It seems like Sony has decided it's not to be.
And to boot, I sadly I have had a pretty poor experience with Thustmaster. Two high end HOTAS and a wheel that haven't really live up to the price.
It doesn't matter to Sony, but I think it's really bad that they can't make the PS4 work for Logitech (and Fanatec) wheel users. I am disappointed.
Consequently, I'm on the fence of buying Project Cars for the PC instead of the PS4. I... I just... don't really know yet.

Hey guys,
Long time no drive. I sure also would like to see the CRCRL to be revived. I am still here with GT6 and the PS3 and it still is fun. Driveclub is not for me as it seem to be even "arcadier" than GT and I am more of a sim guy. As for PCars I'll probably get the PC version as there won't be any multi-monitor support on consoles. Shame about PCars is the lack of real road cars. To my understanding it's only race cars.
When it comes to steering wheels I can honestly say that I have regained my t(h)rust in Thrustmaster. After my broken T500RS was replaced under warranty (after 25thousand miles of heavy use) it seems like the new one is a whole lot better. Must be an updated version. It's certainly pricier than the old G27 but believe me - you get what you pay for. My advice sell it and get a Thrustmaster.
Anyways, like I said I'd be glad to see you on Gt6 again, with or without wheel for that matter.

Back