Clean Road Car Racing LeagueOpen 

• Thread starter RewindTape
  • 641 comments
It's harsh of me, Vuja, but I go through my friends list occasionally and ditch anyone who I've friended but never otherwise met online, or anyone who hasn't even logged on for months and months. I like to keep things tidy :)

Yeah, I do that too - why wouldn't you? But it's not as easy as when I only played Gran Turismo online. Now I only play GT6 with some people, GTA : Online with others, real life friends, etc. If I only went with a core group of people I'd end up with... something like 25 people.
And yet I only befriend people I've actually liked gaming with, but perhaps it's time to go through the list again to get rid of some "fillers".
Do people really take such a thing personally? :boggled:

M. Rain Master. :)👍

Edit:
PS. Did you see the GTA V news? How long will you hold out? :P[/QUOTE]

Grrrr Vuja, you are too funny :nervous:
Need money money money, but yes GTA on PS4 Will be awesome, the teaser is too cool.
Maybe in 2/3 months.

Ps: i'm in south of France, one more Time, i'm back at my home Sunday night.
Bye guys see you soon :D

Hi fellas.
So, we on for tonight? I've done no practice at all :) - need to buy me the Lotus and see how it handles. Should be up to a reasonable speed after a few laps. See you later?

Hi fellas.
So, we on for tonight? I've done no practice at all :) - need to buy me the Lotus and see how it handles. Should be up to a reasonable speed after a few laps. See you later?

It's indeed on for tonight! See all you guys I hope. :)

The Lotus is very good, I think. It will be an interesting race on Monza.

On Brand's Hatch I'm not very quick. The first corner turn-in is tricky! Aaa-an-nd... I'm in the Audi. :banghead:

Here's something that I noticed recently - on the latest build of GT6, the detail gear ratio adjustment doesn't seem to work. Basically, if you move the slider up and down for greater or less top speed, you know - the simplified one - that works, but if you get into the length of each gear individually, and then adjust the final drive ratio - nothing. Doesn't make any difference on the track, and when you come back into the settings you'll discover that your changes have disappeared.

It's annoying to me, because (sad though it is) I really LIKE tailoring my gearbox for a specific track. Sigh. Particularly with lower power cars, keeping it all happening in the power-band is important, and racing cars rarely go less than about 40mph. So I usually like to set my cars up with a very tall first gear (good for maybe 65 or 70mph), followed by a reasonably tall second (I don't like having to adjust the throttle at max rpm on a hairpin, and then snatch 3rd as soon as I straighten up - I want some decent DRIVE away from the corner, some LEGS :)), - but then I stack the rest of the gears close on top, so 3rd 4th 5th and perhaps 6th is like BAM BAM BAM. Can't do any of this at the moment. The adjustments don't stick!

Anyone else noticed this?

I didn't Least I usually set top speed, then adjust each ratio and later based on the top speed I can reach for each track I use the final drive ratio.

Thinking about the rule for tuned cars that once you choose one car you have to stick with it for the whole championship I think is too harsh for those drivers that end up with a crappy car, not fair and I am thinking on Vuja, driving that Audi must be a pain.

Racing yesterday great as usual, awesome side by side racing, as good as it gets.

As I said I am out of town next week so I will not be able to race but I hope you will have great fun on the final races.

On a different topic yesterday I went to Nordshleife for some virtual hot lapping and the Impreza STI from 2013 on Comfort Medium was a blast, later the new GTR Nismo on Comfort Soft was sweet too.

Nothing better than driving at dusk with some good cars on this great track.

It's annoying to me, because (sad though it is) I really LIKE tailoring my gearbox for a specific track. Sigh. Particularly with lower power cars, keeping it all happening in the power-band is important, and racing cars rarely go less than about 40mph. So I usually like to set my cars up with a very tall first gear (good for maybe 65 or 70mph), followed by a reasonably tall second (I don't like having to adjust the throttle at max rpm on a hairpin, and then snatch 3rd as soon as I straighten up - I want some decent DRIVE away from the corner, some LEGS :)), - but then I stack the rest of the gears close on top, so 3rd 4th 5th and perhaps 6th is like BAM BAM BAM. Can't do any of this at the moment. The adjustments don't stick!

Anyone else noticed this?

I haven't noticed it, but I haven't tuned the gearbox since before we started Championship 6, so I'm not sure.
And I tune my gearbox about the same as you it seems. :)

Thinking about the rule for tuned cars that once you choose one car you have to stick with it for the whole championship I think is too harsh for those drivers that end up with a crappy car, not fair and I am thinking on Vuja, driving that Audi must be a pain.
As I said I am out of town next week so I will not be able to race but I hope you will have great fun on the final races.

On a different topic yesterday I went to Nordshleife for some virtual hot lapping and the Impreza STI from 2013 on Comfort Medium was a blast, later the new GTR Nismo on Comfort Soft was sweet too.

Nothing better than driving at dusk with some good cars on this great track.

I think 500 PP on Sport Hard is a fun area to race. Fast cars, but not ridiculously so, and they are quite manageble even in the wet on realistic tyres.
My future solution to keep tuning time manegeble for all while still having fun (and not getting stuck with an Audi :lol:), is to keep the same performance limit for all races, but still allowing for changing your car as you wish.

That's the desire I miss in GT6, ushu. I just don't want to drive for the sake of driving. Perhaps, as Least suggested, I'm just temporarily bored of Gran Turismo. :guilty:

I'm afraid not, Vuja. Tonight I will be loaded with family and necessary ancillaries, pounding down the M1 to see my parents in Milton Keynes.

Let the re-mapped Family Van stretch its legs a bit :)

I might try and fit a bit of practice in on Sunday, we'll see.

Hey Vuja, I guess it takes time, but could you update the rankings. To calculate the various possibility :crazy:

I've got time for practice this weekend :)
Could we extend the Nurburgring race in 1 hour or more? What do you think?

See you tomorrow :cheers:

Ah... 🤬
Sorry, mephi. :guilty:
I'll do it when I get home. If only Polyphony would have given us the league tools already! :grumpy:

On a more positive note, I enjoyed last night's laps on the 'Ring - looking forward to that tonight. :)

Edit: I'll also like to give my DS3 an eulogy as it started to break apart this weekend with the left stick barely held in place by the plastic: Good show, buddy. :P
So, I feel it, marco. I still have games for the PS3 but have a hard time justifying getting a new controller instead of, say another game or the Vita for remote play.

Last edited:
No worries Vuja :dopey:
My DS3 is broken too, I expect the new, for only 38 euros.
Yep, that was fun yesterday, the ideal would be to stay in group tonight :sly:
Laters fellas.

I'll just content myself to finish before Least :yuck:

12 000 000 GTA Cr Vuja, héhé, one more car to sell today (20h45) and i'm ready ;)

Hey guys. My order arrived today, hehe
imagegt.jpeg

I wish to show you my setup :cool:

photogt.JPG

@mephistos62: Nice! 👍
I got myself a white PS4+controllers too, because I like the way it looks better than the black one.

You can't use the G27 in GTA, right? I'm baffled I haven't tried this. :lol:

Wow... $12M is quite a lot! I'm waiting to transfer my characters as there seems to be some initial problems. I wouldn't really mind if I got this glitch though. :lol:
It is crazy beautiful on the PS4. :D

And, CONGRATULATIONS for defending your title! Well deserved! :cheers:

C6:11
I don't know what happened on the 'Ring in the Ferrari. On Sunday mephi and I was running good laps in pouring rain, but I couldn't string together a lap in the dry on Monday. Then I got a call, and after that... I copped out. Sorry. :guilty:

C6:12
After almost making a mess of the the qualification on Spa too, I tried an iron balls, all in, full throttle start to see if I could keep up at least. I couldn't, in part because there's a strict no trail braking rule in the DKW, or it will slap me backwards faster than I could turn the other cheek.
I was in luck though as the pack that formed behind me and mephi caused some pit stops and I had 10 laps of just Mad breathing down my neck. I could see on the map that we wouldn't be alone forever though. On lap 11 or 12 I had quite a fight for positions behind me and had to start to drive very defencively. It worked, until the final lap when marco was the one to slip past.
Oh, well, not a bad send off to the Audi I guess. :)

About Championship 6:
What do you think worked and didn't work?

• I think the 500PP races were a good idea, but I was stuck in the Audi. I think it's better to keep one Performance Limit so you don't have to change car if you don't want to, but are fully allowed to do so if you like.
  • We had a somewhat consistent grid size in all the races! :)
  • Using real location weather but fixed during the session was a good idea.
  • I think two 40 minute races is a good session length. Perhaps we can mix it next time, e.g. one 20 minute and one 60 minute race.
  • Starting at 21.00 CET (GMT+1) works better for me. We're still closing on midnight before it's over most nights.

And as usual but no less important, a general big THANK YOU to all who have participated. :bowdown:

Edit: Function not me well language.

Last edited:
Nop Vuja, you can't it's just for the picture ^^
A new DS3 change Life, after a 7 years DS3 lol
I've tried GTA, a friend (Poye) have bought it, it's freaking awesome, yesterday from 21h to 3h Lol
1h on solo, 5h Online with another friend (TerroRisk), you can only created a private lobby for the moment.
After see this beautiful game, i can't waiting, i Want a PS4 now :P but i Want to keep my PS3.

I will come back for GT6 ideas, but no much thing to change :-)
Thanks Vuja :-) have a nice week guys

Last edited:
Congratulations to mephi, a well deserved championship. Our last two races which he dominated were just another example of how quick he's been:tup:.

And as usual, a huge thank you to Vuja for his work and to all other participants, it has been a good fun championship:cheers:.

About next championship, there's an update and finally we've got community feature, so I think we should see how it works (and if it works) before collecting new ideas. I've checked it quickly and it seems not bad, there are tags to select your favorite racing "style" (race cars, stock cars, track racing, rally, etc.) and then it suggests you new clubs to join, based on your tags I guess. Let's hope it works well and will allow new drivers to join CRCR.

Thank you Marco, I really enjoyed this championship with you guys, the problem is always the same, we need more competitors :guilty::mad:

I will not deny that, I'm tempted to sell my PS3 with my G27 (300€). If I keep it, it's only for GT6, I count transfer my account (to get my characters GTA5) but if I don't have access to this account on PS3, it's silly to keep it.

:confused::boggled::banghead:

I have a question for those who have the PS4, and still their PS3.
Have you transfer your PS3 account to the PS4? (example: Vuja_De account, or LeastResistance account) if yes, did you always have access to this account on PS3 ? (playing GT6 in this case)
Or have you created a new account on PS4?

I also wanted to know if I could transfer my characters from GTA Mephistos account to a new PS4 account (PierrePaulJacques), but I got my answer, if I want to keep these characters I need to transfer my account PS3 on PS4.
Hopefully I can still play GT6 online on PS3 Mephistos ...
:bowdown:

And last question: Do you think the G27 will be compatible on PS4 after an update or something ?
I have seen Logitech stopped the design and manufacture of accessories for video games.

I'm lost :P

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
I will not deny that, I'm tempted to sell my PS3 with my G27 (300€). If I keep it, it's only for GT6, I count transfer my account (to get my characters GTA5) but if I don't have access to this account on PS3, it's silly to keep it.

:confused::boggled::banghead:

My PS3 is a GT6 box now. :P

I have a question for those who have the PS4, and still their PS3.
Have you transfer your PS3 account to the PS4? (example: Vuja_De account, or LeastResistance account) if yes, did you always have access to this account on PS3 ? (playing GT6 in this case)
Or have you created a new account on PS4?

I'm using the same account on both the PS3 and PS4, no problem. I have even been online on both at the same time.

I also wanted to know if I could transfer my characters from GTA Mephistos account to a new PS4 account (PierrePaulJacques), but I got my answer, if I want to keep these characters I need to transfer my account PS3 on PS4.
Hopefully I can still play GT6 online on PS3 Mephistos ...
:bowdown:

As far as I know, the account that will have your GTA characters is the one linked to PSN, so I think it's possible to transfer your PS3 GTA : Online characters to PS4 into a new account, and still play GT6 using your mepshistos account.

According to Rockstar (in French):
Rockstar Support
A PlayStation®Network account and PlayStation®Plus membership.
  • If transferring from PlayStation®3, your Social Club account will need to be linked to the PlayStation®Network account used to play GTA Online on both systems.
//
Un compte PlayStation®Network et être membre PlayStation®Plus.
  • Si vous effectuez le transfert depuis un système PlayStation®3, votre compte Social Club devra être lié au compte PlayStation®Network utilisé pour jouer à Grand Theft Auto Online sur les deux systèmes.
Emphasis mine.
So you might be required to re-link your Social Club account to your new PSN (PierrePaulJacques), log into your PS3 using that and start GTA : Online, and force it to save once to sync up their server before you attempt to transfer your characters on the PS4.

As I'm using the same account on the PS4 as on the PS3 this is my assumption on how it works, so it's perhaps not very helpful when I think of it. :guilty:

And last question: Do you think the G27 will be compatible on PS4 after an update or something ?
I have seen Logitech stopped the design and manufacture of accessories for video games.

I'm lost :P

:gtplanet:

Oh, boy, do I hope so! I will be very, very disappointed if the G27 is left on the wayside, but from what we know now it will probably not be supported. I don't see many developers writing their own drivers for peripherals, as that is what's required from my understanding. :grumpy:

Last edited:
So, no comments on the Community tools. How are they?

I'll go online tonight and check them out, create a CRCRL and so on, so I'm just looking for a heads up. :)

Hi Vuja, community tools are ok, you create a club, then people can join the club and once you're in you can create events and inside the events you can create a room. Just rooms without an event are also possible.

Whoever in the club can create a room not just the mánager, the manager can start a forum if he likes to discuss the event or the club itself.

Club rooms can be opened and accesible to everyone por just private, as you wish, good to attract new members.

You can specify the type of racing, etiquette, etc...

Not bad to be honest, there is no club leaderboard neither you can get points or something like that but is better this way.

Not avaliable tonight sorry I have a dinner with friends.

Please create the Club and I will try to advertise it with open rooms!!!

Cheers!

Not bad to be honest, there is no club leaderboard neither you can get points or something like that but is better this way.

Sounds great!
I'm a little confused about this sentence though: Can we have championships that GT6 keeps track of?

Edit: Oh, and thanks for volunteer to promote! :)👍

So, no comments on the Community tools. How are they?

I'll go online tonight and check them out, create a CRCRL and so on, so I'm just looking for a heads up. :)

I've joined a couple of clubs but they weren't so active at that moment so I wasn't able to see how they work, especially the events tools, how "deep" they are. I'll be there tonight :).

Thank you for you're advice Vuja ;)
It's done! This morning I bought PS4, I keep the same account: Mephistos62.
AWESOME !!!

I keep my PS3 and steering wheel for the moment and I'll see afterwards :guilty:

See you on PS4 :P or GT6 tonight :gtpflag:

AAAAAARGH my PS4 is still in the wardrobe.
Wasn't too bothered with Drive Club, but now my copy of Far Cry 4 has turned up, leaving it in the wardrobe has become difficult.

Haven't updated GT6 yet - I'll see if I can do it this evening, check out the invites etc etc.

Cheers fellas!

AAAAAARGH my PS4 is still in the wardrobe.
Wasn't too bothered with Drive Club, but now my copy of Far Cry 4 has turned up, leaving it in the wardrobe has become difficult.

Haven't updated GT6 yet - I'll see if I can do it this evening, check out the invites etc etc.

Cheers fellas!
He he he... :D
I had some trouble updating GT6 yesterday when it said it could not download the update, but when I left it on while playing on the PS4 it sorted itself out. ;)

I'll try schedule a race on Monday and we'll see what the tools do. :)
How does a 500 PP, Sport Hard, Tuning allowed, 45 minute race on Nürburgring Type V sound?

Off topic: Guys, guys, guys... Rival Sons is one of the best bands I've ever seen live! On par with Queensrÿche in '94 and Chickenfoot '09 which are the two best shows I've seen so far, and I've seen a few shows with big names. They have such energy, it's incredible! 10/10 - would see again.

So... *cough, cough*
  • Monday 01 December 2014:
    Munich, Germany
  • Wednesday 03 December 2014:
    Milan, Italy
  • Friday 05 December 2014:
    Barcelona, Spain
  • Saturday 13 December 2014:
    Sheffield, UK

• Monday 27 April 2015:
    Lyon, France (A European spring tour too? Awesome!)
OK, yeah, maybe I'm still hyped from their stage presence and performance on Sunday... It was great! :P

Back