Clean Road Car Racing LeagueOpen 

• Thread starter RewindTape
  • 641 comments
I hope you get your online issues resolved soon, Vuja.

On the subject of Sierra, I played it a fair bit over the weekend (it's all over the online lobbies at the moment), and I have to say that I'm enjoying it. And the fact that the layout is still catching people out means that if you put in a good sequence of corners you can sometimes catch other drivers in a way that would usually be impossible. So, my vote would be to include it. Don't know how many laps I've done, maybe up to about 15 - I'd say I'm starting to get a decent handle on it. There's only a couple of bits remaining where I need to keep my eye on the course map to avoid hitting the (sometimes invisible) walls :)

I hope you get your online issues resolved soon, Vuja.

On the subject of Sierra, I played it a fair bit over the weekend (it's all over the online lobbies at the moment), and I have to say that I'm enjoying it. And the fact that the layout is still catching people out means that if you put in a good sequence of corners you can sometimes catch other drivers in a way that would usually be impossible. So, my vote would be to include it. Don't know how many laps I've done, maybe up to about 15 - I'd say I'm starting to get a decent handle on it. There's only a couple of bits remaining where I need to keep my eye on the course map to avoid hitting the (sometimes invisible) walls :)
I hate having to prove my complaint legit to the ISP. Today I'll call another ISP and see if they can deliver a better service at the same speed and at the same or lower cost. :grumpy:

I don't think it's just my currently bad connection, but the sound on Sierra seems very unreliable! Yesterday I could hear all your engines roar and tyres screech, but my engine and tyres where muted. Engine sound was coming and going, but when driving without ABS tyre noise is quite important. I hope they will fix this in a patch soon!

Can i use #22?
Added to the roster!

Edit:
PS. Yesterday I tried driving using the interior view without any HUD. Guys, it's hard. :)
I've gotten used to so many little things that the HUD provides, from who's on the track and quick glancing at the map, to knowing which gear I'm in and what the recommended gear is. Fun and immersive, but I don't think I'm ready to do league races that way yet. :D
If I got to wish for something regarding the HUD (apart from functional split times), it's that they would make it modular and let me pick and choose what to display. Wasn't it that way in GT5? I have a recollection of an update that provided some control over it.

Last edited:
Yesterday I did some more seasonal events, raking in some credits in the process. I ended up buying the Formula Gran Turismo for an event, but after I'd done the Senna event and the seasonal even in the West Surrey Racing, 1983 Ayrton Senna car. My disappointment in the sound department of the Formula GT was huge. The WSR '83 is so much fun, not in a small part due to the sound design for the car. Someone mentioned earlier they'd been racing them and I can definitely see that as being time well spent.

So, Polyphony Digital know how to make a car sound good, why don't they do this for all the cars?
Perhaps their recordings for the majority of the cars just isn't good enough, which in turn makes it practically impossible to have 1200 nice sounding cars.

Anyway, I'm up for a little bit of WSR racing when I get my connection in order. :)

500px-GoodNewsEveryone.jpg

Good news, everyone,
and bad news: My internet connection is restored, but my speed is also restored. :) :(
Nobody could deliver a higher upload than my current one (~0,9 Mbit). :banghead:

Hello, my friends!

Have we reached a consensus about Sierra, Go or No? :)

Championship edit: Added proposed dates for all events. Championship starting one week from now. ;)

PS.
Driveclub is as graphically real as I've ever seen a game: http://gfycat.com/DistortedSmugHammerkop
I'm looking forward to next week for that too. :D

Edit: As I couldn't upgrade my bandwidth, is it OK if I continue hosting or does anybody else have a symmetrical 10/10 Mbit (or better) connection?
:cheers:

Edit 2: Going online now... ;)

Last edited:
Hello, my friends!

Have we reached a consensus about Sierra, Go or No? :)

Championship edit: Added proposed dates for all events. Championship starting one week from now. ;)

PS.
Driveclub is as graphically real as I've ever seen a game: http://gfycat.com/DistortedSmugHammerkop
I'm looking forward to next week for that too. :D

Edit: As I couldn't upgrade my bandwidth, is it OK if I continue hosting or does anybody else have a symmetrical 10/10 Mbit (or better) connection?
:cheers:

Edit 2: Going online now... ;)

Sorry to say for several reasons I will not be able to race 'officialy' until the 27th of October. :guilty:

Championship update:
Until the sound issue is patched the championship is on hold.

Having run a few lobbies this week I don't have any confidence that it will be possible to get even a six driver grid going for any length of time without somebody having their cars sounds cut out. Spending half an hour or more trying to get a lobby together is not fun, and it's still not certain that it will be possible to get it going at all. So, for everyone's sanity an enjoyment, we await a patch for the issue. :(

Edit: Aaaand... checking the news there seems to be a patch out! :lol:
Let's verify it works. :)

Last edited:
Good to hear they've (hopefully, haven't tested yet) fixed online issues.

Meanwhile I've bought a PS4, now I'm really looking forward to Project CARS to see its potential. Driveclub seems impressive but I'm afraid it's a bit too arcade, I'll probably get bored pretty quickly. I'll skip it for the moment then, saving some money for P.CARS. I'll have to play it with a pad, but at least I've already noticed that L2 and R2 on the new controller are more sensitive and progressive. Good for racing games.
Looking at Driveclub graphics, I really can't wait to see what PD can do with the new console. Graphically speaking, GT5 at the time was astonishing in some aspects.

Championship update: With the sound bug fixed it's back on for Monday, my friends!

As some might have missed changes in Championship 6, here's...
  • Pole position is determined by a qualifications period of 30 ~10 minutes (normally 2-3 laps) prior to the race start. All cars will be visible on the track during this time.
  • Refrain from using the power limiter excessively: When a race Performance Point limited, the number of performance points in the dealership decides if the car is eligible.
:)

Have you all decided on what car to use? I'm torn between the RGT and the Evora at the moment. I love driving the RGT, as you all know :lol:, but my vanity wants me to have my driver number plastered on my car too... :sly:
For a challenge I've tried finding a 4WD that drives as good, and while the Audi TTS is quite good it's still not on par with the RUF or the Lotus. The 4WDs seem to have their GT5 lift-off snap oversteer back in some simulation update. :ouch:

Sorry to say for several reasons I will not be able to race 'officialy' until the 27th of October. :guilty:
Aw, man, I'm sorry. You've been a regular for so long, but at least your championship absence will only be temporary. :)

Meanwhile I've bought a PS4, now I'm really looking forward to Project CARS to see its potential. Driveclub seems impressive but I'm afraid it's a bit too arcade, I'll probably get bored pretty quickly. I'll skip it for the moment then, saving some money for P.CARS. I'll have to play it with a pad, but at least I've already noticed that L2 and R2 on the new controller are more sensitive and progressive. Good for racing games.
Looking at Driveclub graphics, I really can't wait to see what PD can do with the new console. Graphically speaking, GT5 at the time was astonishing in some aspects.

Oh, man... I might buy Project cars both for the PS4, to race with all you guys, and for PC for the full 56 car starting grid at Le Mans 24h. :drool:
Up to 64 cars on the starting grid, who doesn't want that? A small wish would be "hot seat multiplayer" too, but I don't know if it's in Project Cars. :)
If only they could resolve the wheel issues! :grumpy: I like my G27, even if the force feedback is quite weak in GT6 now, but if I have to buy a new wheel I might as well go to Fanatec for brake pedal force feedback too - when they release their PS4/PC wheel. :sly:

Edit: Yeah, it will be interesting to see what GT7 brings to the table. I'm not very hopeful it will triumph Project Cars in the simulation department or Driveclub in graphics, but instead reside in between the two.

Driveclub is sim-cade, but it looks like fun! This crash just has so much presence (skip 10s in)...

More actual gameplay videos here.

It reminds me of GT6 and Sierra. :)

And as you get the all game modes with PS+ there's no reason not to try it out if you have that, and all my friends whom have the PS4 has it, so I'll have some people to play with. :D
Me? I have pre-ordered Driveclub already and looking forward to play it. Sim-cade is alright as I of now only have the DS4 to drive with. :( And Project Cars is out soon too to satisfy my sim-driving needs. :)

I agree with you on the feeling of the DS4 vs. DS3. I can't put my finger on exactly what it is, but it feels better. And I'm very grateful that I can use my real headset (a pair of Sennheisers I really like and would recommend to anyone) with the PS4 through the controller! A most excellent feature! :D

PS. Oh, and to all of you whom drive in cockpit view; my respect! :)

Last edited:
Hey! How was racing last night?
Yoo Ushu, races was so fun :-))

During the first race, Elen take the pole and have a clever control of the race. I take the second place and Least 3th. Marco and Vuja fighting behind and Mad was unfortunetly disconnected after take the fastest lap :/

The second race was better for me, I take the lead while all fighting behind, 10 laps before finish, Least win seconde after seconde but not enough fast for take my place :P

I hope see you soon for racing Ushu, bye

Last edited:
Eiger, BRZ:
What an embarrassment! Too little practice and talent on my part. I was just too slow and was at the back of the field for the entire race. Mad set an astounding fastest lap but unfortunately was disconnected a little while later. I don't have much more to say, it was a lonely race for me.
Motegi, 500 PP:
If there's no rain on any track I've shot myself in the foot as I've compared both wet and dry times when selecting a car, and the TTS could not keep up with the NSXs or the Dino. We'll see what the damage is in the future. :P
However, what it did mean was that I was keeping pace with marco in his GTB4! Actually, it felt like we matched each other's pace perfectly! What a race marco - just fantastic! I lost count on how many times we switched positions and the pressure was constant. For me it was the most epic fight for fifth position in Gran Turismo yet. Thanks, mate! :cheers:
marco and I was slowly gaining on Mad in his Lotus (who didn't know we could use Nitro in the race too - sorry for the missing information my friend), and just as I'd put a little bit of distance to marco and was about to start challenging for fourth position I ran severely out of talent. Deep into the gravel pit I went, watching marco pass me and finding myself back in sixth. With only a few laps to go I knew I was in trouble. marco seemed to be slowly gaining on Mad, and marco's Ferrari slowly kept getting bigger in my view on the straights. Going into the final lap I was just a few car lengths behind and knew this was it!
My NOx was spent and all I had was the knowledge that I couldn't lose anymore positions as I was dead last, so I clenched my teeth, gripped my wheel hard, and put my right foot down - but to no avail. marco and Mad were still ahead, when in the very last corner of the race, Mad spun!
I braked early, making sure I'd pass safely on the inside to finish fifth, and then I looked down on my fuel gauge. It was almost empty! I don't know if I had made it another lap. The thirsty Audi will make future races interesting... :nervous:
All in all it was a good race day! You were missed, ushu. I believe we have six regular drivers now, so when you can join us we'll be seven on the grid. :cool:

Edit: Extra words put in to form actual sentences.

Last edited:
Yes, good races both.
3rd on Eiger was a bit lonely - thought I was in for a battle with marco, who was gaining on me for a battle for 3rd, but at some point he started to drop back. I made a few mistakes during the race, so I can only assume marco made 1 or 2 more. I clipped the barrier coming out of the second chicane about lap 20, so had to carry broken suspension for 9 laps, but the car wasn't noticeably slower.

Motegi went reasonably well. Wasn't very confident in my Dino - it's a sweaty kind of car to drive for lots of laps, as the weight bias is very much to the rear and the car likes to oversteer on the power, so the whole race feels like a balancing act, which is hard work. I can't add more weight to the front as I've got maximum power and more weight starts to reduce the PP from 500, so I have to live with it. However, the small green menace (:)) turned out to have reasonable pace, allowing me to keep ahead of elen after he went off on about lap 4 or 5. And more interestingly, the 950kg weight started to pay off in the latter stages, when it seemed that my tire wear was less than the NSX's, and I started hauling mephis in by a second here, a couple of seconds there... but not enough. If it had been a couple of laps more it would have been interesting, though I too might have run out of fuel.

All in all was a good start. And when we get ushu back, 7 on the grid isn't a bad haul, considering the consistent quality of the racers that we have. Looking forward to the next.

What an awesome, amazing, stupendous, fast and spectacular race i´ve done in Eiger!!!!! :)
No, for real now, feels so good to come back on victories. Since last big update, the game turned much better for me and my DS3. Meph is very hard to beat, he´s like a machine, doesn´t make a mistake. Awesome race Meph.
Second race, i had the pace, my best time in practice was 1.28.2s, very good, but i was a little tired, and lost concentration, spun out and saw Least passing... i thought, i can catch him, so wrong i was. Never saw him again, Least, my friend, what a race you made, trully fast and with total absence of errors. Ush, we´ve missed you, come back you flying driver. Next journey i´ll try to be competitive. See you fellas

It has been a really good couple of races I have to say.
I joined a bit late (sorry everyone) so when qualifying started, it was my very first lap of the track-car combo, since I've never practiced it. But the BRZ's lack of power and really good balance allowed me to find a decent pace very soon. During the first laps of the race I was close to Marty, he was very fast, but with some slipstreaming I wasn't that far from him. But suddenly his connection went crazy, I think. His car was all over the place, with really bad lag; sometimes his BRZ was miles ahead of me, and the second later it was right in front of me at half the speed. I backed off a bit since the risk of damage was really high, then unfortunately he's been disconnected. I was slowly catching Least, because he had damage to his car. But laps were running out and while trying some really aggressive driving to catch him, I went wide a couple of times with no damage but some seconds lost. Despite his damage, Least was very fast, as usual.

I spent the practice time in Motegi trying to decide which car to use for the championship. I have some really good cars tuned for 500PP such as an Elise, an RX7 and an M3, but I've taken a big gamble using the Ferrari 365 (commonly known as the Daytona). After 40 minutes of racing I still don't know if it's good enough, because I spent the entire race switching positions with Vuja, completely messing up at least one or two corners every lap :). Finally I've managed to build a couple of seconds of gap, while Marty in front was seriously struggling with his tires I think. Also, he didn't know it was possible to use NOS, so I've managed to catch him just at the last corner of the last lap. I just tried to put my car in front, diving on the inside with really late braking, but he spun attempting to defend his position. I finished 4th, but there's no need to say that with NOS Marty would have been in that position, if not higher maybe. His pace was really good, congratulations to him and to the guys on the podium 👍 And also, thanks to Vuja for surely the best battle I've had in a long time. Great, great fun!

A couple of final thoughts:
-NOS is a good addition in my opinion. It seems a bit "artificial", but you have to manage it for the whole race, and you can use it more than usual in some situations, like when trying to reach the "slipstreaming-zone" of the car in front, which we know in GT is very important. It's just one race, but so far I think it's good for different strategies and for close racing too.
-Everyone had fuel problems in both races I see. I've run out of it just under the checkered flag, both in Eiger and Motegi. So, if you decide the amount of laps based on 40 minutes of racing, Vuja, how about basing it to 43/45 minutes?:) If I'm not wrong, GT6 calculates the real amount of fuel you use, so it could be interesting to see if someones takes the gamble trying some fuel-saving race pace to avoid the pit-stop.

A couple of final thoughts:
-NOS is a good addition in my opinion. It seems a bit "artificial", but you have to manage it for the whole race, and you can use it more than usual in some situations, like when trying to reach the "slipstreaming-zone" of the car in front, which we know in GT is very important. It's just one race, but so far I think it's good for different strategies and for close racing too.
-Everyone had fuel problems in both races I see. I've run out of it just under the checkered flag, both in Eiger and Motegi. So, if you decide the amount of laps based on 40 minutes of racing, Vuja, how about basing it to 43/45 minutes?:) If I'm not wrong, GT6 calculates the real amount of fuel you use, so it could be interesting to see if someones takes the gamble trying some fuel-saving race pace to avoid the pit-stop.

I too think the addition of NOx N2O is interesting and adds another strategy element.

Oh, man, the pressure of trying to keep fuel consumption down and the pace up! I'm not sure I could stand it. :lol:
What happens if it rains, will the prolonged race force you to pit in that case? :confused: I need a pit crew chief to help me with these things so I can concentrate on driving during the race. :D

Edit: Oh, I forgot to ask: How much of a Performance Point handicap do you think is reasonable for the top trio?

Off topic: Driveclub (p)review
Yeah, so I have been playing Driveclub since I suckered down and bought it, and the first thing that strikes me is how good it looks. The details are insane on the cars! Metallic paint looks exactly right, and the lighting model is just glorious to behold, down to the (annoyingly realistic) dashboard reflections on a dirty windscreen at sunset!

Handling wise it's definitely an arcade racer, but as I bought it as such I have no complaints here. It's not quite down at Need For Speed levels, but I can drive it with a DS4, that's how simplistic it is! :P (Edit 2: Disclaimer - I drive Automatics... :guilty:)
However, it is still fun, and gives you an OK illusion of controlling a high powered car. The sense of speed is very good when you storm down a narrow road. Since I'm no longer behind my G27 wheel, I'm using the cockpit view most of the time (for some reasons I manage the drifting events better in 3rd person view :boggled:), and it's a great sense of presence turning your head towards the apex or checking the opposite door mirror. I can only imagine the awesomeness of using e.g. the Project Morpheus virtual reality head gear with car games. :drool:

The fact that you can't tune the cars doesn't bother me very much. When driving with others its often preferable that way, as we've noticed. And I still get to doodle around with the paint jobs.

I have strikes of déjà vu when I hear people complain about the AI drivers, as the same have been said about the AI in Gran Turismo. It is fiercely aggressive! They will brake late, close the inside of turns with a vengeance, and without mercy force you to brake or go off track on the outside. They are not oblivious to you as they push hard to get by and stay ahead. I have so far not noticed any rubber banding, but I have not tried parking for a lap and see what happens either. The point-to-point tracks are sometimes very narrow though, so it's often a bit too much shoving for my taste. To me, the game put up a challenge, which is nice, and I think it's amplified by the (by comparison) limited car selection without tuning. I believe I would have smoother races with my wheel, but... Yeah, let's not go there now. :grumpy:

Speaking of Gran Turismo, the single player games play out very much alike to me. Exchange Credits for Fame and you pretty much have the same progression. Why change a winning formula? :)

Now, to a big reason I enjoy driving around in Driveclub: The Sound!
The cars sound like you expect they should, unlike in Gran Turismo. The roaring V8 of a Maserati it... well, roars appropriately, and the screaming V8 of a Ferrari howls like the banshee it is. The gamers who complain about the sound must have judged it by the first few hatchbacks which of course a tame compared to the super cars.
And it's not just the engine noise. Tyre squeal is much more pleasing and balanced too, and the contextual run off sounds mix in nicely. To me it's just a much better experience soundwise than Gran Turismo.

Sadly, the online part is just... broken... at the moment, hence why I'd call this a preview. I've only been connected long enough to make myself a "Club" before being disconnected again. :irked:
They seem to have severe problems on their end and are still analysing the problem, so it's not just a capacity issue to throw more servers on.

Here is a video of a "hotlap" showing off the graphics, sound, and a bit of the handling model:

I'll be online tonight racing/training/mucking about, so send me a message if you need some (not quite sober) gaming company. :)

Last edited:
That was awesome, except the crowd ^^ i'm agoraphobic, but the passion is stonger :D
If you have the opportunity to go to Geneva, Paris, Brussels or Detroit ^^, doesn't hesitate, it's a real pleasure :)
Avoid the week-end, Tuesday or Thursday are a good day for visit

Lot of people :banghead:
photo 4(14).JPG
Datsun come back !
photo 1(12).JPG

photo 2(13).JPG

photo 4(12).JPG

Renault Sport R.S 01 Mamamamama
photo 2(6).JPG

photo 4(3).JPG

Honda Civic Type R and WTCC Version
photo 4(13).JPG

photo 3(12).JPG
photo 1(9).JPG

photo 5(13).JPG

BMW I8
photo 3(14).JPG
photo 1(15).JPG

photo 2(17).JPG

Léon Cupra
photo 2(3).JPG

Ford Mustang
photo 1(7).JPG

photo 3(9).JPG

Mazda Mx-5
photo 1(5).JPG

photo 4(4).JPG

Nissan Pulsar Nismo Version
photo 3(5).JPG

Concept Cars PSA (Peugeot/Citroen)
photo 5.JPG

photo 1(8).JPG

photo 2(9).JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 1.JPG

Rolls Royce
photo 3(13).JPG

Unfortunately supercars are almost inaccessible during this week-end, lot of people

photo 1(11).JPG

photo 2(7).JPG

photo 1(3).JPG

photo 4(1).JPG

And others cars

photo 1(1).JPG

photo 1(10).JPG

photo 2(10).JPG

photo 3(1).JPG

photo 3(15).JPG

photo 5(2).JPG

That was awesome, except the crowd ^^ i'm agoraphobic, but the passion is stonger :D
If you have the opportunity to go to Geneva, Paris, Brussels or Detroit ^^, doesn't hesitate, it's a real pleasure :)
Avoid the week-end, Tuesday or Thursday are a good day for visit

Lot of people :banghead:
Datsun come back !
View attachment 239219
Mazda Mx-5
View attachment 239240
View attachment 239241

Fantastic front on the Datsun! Such a great retro throwback. 👍

And the more I see of the new MX-5, the more I like it. If I didn't already have a "summer car" I would have a very hard time resisting it. It looks just great! And, without actually driving (any-)one, I believe they are fantastic fun too. A convertible in northern Sweden is a bit crazy though. :lol:

Yep! It seems I need to try to drum up some local car nuts and make a trip. :P

And good on you with agoraphobia for going to a car show! :)👍

Edit: Language and words.

Last edited:
My God! That's a lot of photos! I'll have to scroll through them at lunchtime tomorrow.

So, anyone else not done any practice on either of the tracks in either of the cars? I don't even have the TT... sigh. Actually, I tell a lie - I've done about 5 laps in the Dino on the A1 ring - but they were the first 5 laps I ever did there! Look out for me taking you out in the braking zones :)

My God! That's a lot of photos! I'll have to scroll through them at lunchtime tomorrow.

So, anyone else not done any practice on either of the tracks in either of the cars? I don't even have the TT... sigh. Actually, I tell a lie - I've done about 5 laps in the Dino on the A1 ring - but they were the first 5 laps I ever did there! Look out for me taking you out in the braking zones :)

Only very little testing on Apricot, not any practicing. :nervous:

We had an evening on the A1 Ring. It was a very close match between Mad, marco, and me. I think it will be fun! :)

Great report mephi:tup: It seems unbelievably crowded, I went to the Geneva motor show a few years ago and it wasn't like that. Lots of people as well, but it was possible to see everything without problems.
Oh, no!

PSN maintenance tonight (2014-10-13 19.00 -- 2014-10-14 02.00, GMT+2)!!

Wrong moment for us, rescheduling?

Fantastic front on the Datsun! Such a great retro throwback. 👍

And the more I see of the new MX-5, the more I like it. If I didn't already have a "summer car" I would have a very hard time resisting it. It looks just great! And, without actually driving (any-)one, I believe they are fantastic fun too. A convertible in northern Sweden is a bit crazy though. :lol:

Yep! It seems I need to try to drum up some local car nuts and make a trip. :P

And good on you with agoraphobia for going to a car show! :)👍

Edit: Language and words.
I love the Datsun and Mx-5 too, 1.5 140ch and 2.0 180ch Skyactiv
Grrr PSN maintenance, racing tomorrow ?

Great report mephi:tup: It seems unbelievably crowded, I went to the Geneva motor show a few years ago and it wasn't like that. Lots of people as well, but it was possible to see everything without problems.

Wrong moment for us, rescheduling?
Thanks Marco, the weather was bad, I think a lot of tourists come to shelter from the weather, Italian, Belgian, English, Dutch, and lot of georgous girls ...🤬... Euh no, forget this :bowdown: ^^

Ps : i haven't test or pratice for next races

Back