Clean Road Car Racing LeagueOpen 

• Thread starter RewindTape
  • 641 comments
Updated the rules for Championship 6.

ushu had an interesting suggestion:
To even out the competition, the drivers that are at the top of the table could be made to add penalty ballast (when tuning is allowed), e.g.:
  1. +50 kg
  2. +40 kg
  3. +30 kg
Numbers totally made up without testing.
What do you think about his idea?

Edit: Clarification - of course power would not be added so the PP would be below the limit for the top three drivers.

Come to think of it now, perhaps it should be a PP handicap instead of just weight...?

Edit 2: Added tracks and car selection proposal for Championship 6. Feedback is as always welcome. :)

Last edited:
Hey guys ! My apologize for these and next few days, I'm in South of France again (sun/sun/sun) :-). I help my family to change of house and I don't know when I'm going home. Could be the end of September. I quickly read the proposals for the next championship, I'll let you decide, and I'll follow :-) just want to race against you ! See you soon fellaz
No worries, mephi. Just watch it when carrying that sofa. ;)
See you on the track when you're back. :cheers:

Championship edit: Exchanged Ascari for an untested Willow Springs variant, subject to change.
The controversial Ascari is out of the league racing. :)

Great job as usual on the proposals for Championship 6:tup:
Just a quick thought; maybe a track like Silverstone or Fuji is a bit better for side by side, fun racing instead of Willow Springs, with its majority of long and fast corners? (Or maybe it's just me, I'm really terrible at Willow Springs:))

About the ballast/PP penalty, it's good in my opinion. On paper, PP penalty should be more effective; there should be a big difference between adding a 30 kgs ballast in a 700 kgs Elise and the same ballast in a 1800 kgs Mustang.

Championship edit: Named Willow Springs variant and added Matterhorn alternative.

Great job as usual on the proposals for Championship 6:tup:
Just a quick thought; maybe a track like Silverstone or Fuji is a bit better for side by side, fun racing instead of Willow Springs, with its majority of long and fast corners? (Or maybe it's just me, I'm really terrible at Willow Springs:))

About the ballast/PP penalty, it's good in my opinion. On paper, PP penalty should be more effective; there should be a big difference between adding a 30 kgs ballast in a 700 kgs Elise and the same ballast in a 1800 kgs Mustang.

I was thinking about Willow Springs International Raceway: Streets of Willow Springs, the slower one there, but it's quite narrow. Perhaps Matterhorn Riffelsee is a better choice, even if it's basically only down and uphill racing?
I need help testing which one is better for league racing. ;)

That's true, marco, a Performance Point penalty is more fair if we allow all weight and power permutations.

• How do you guys feel about a PP & Weight & Power limit? That would make a weight penalty more fair, but also limit eligible cars.

Championship edit: After yesterday's testing we concluded that both Willow Springs and Matterhorn, while entertaining, won't work for 40 minutes of close racing. New track is set to Brands Hatch 80's. Thanks marco and Turbo for the help in testing it out. :)

Guys, guys... While I'm playing another game (GTA V lately) I keep missing when you enter GT6! :guilty:
Shoot me a message if you want to race online and/or help with testing some championship races. :)

With the weather system being a bit wonky (drying up in half a lap etc.) I have come up with the idea of making the weather for each race dependent of the actual weather at the track on the day of the race, such as Motegi (http://www.yr.no would be used).
This would make the weather during the race more stable, and you can set the weather to ~60% to make it rain while still not making the track any more more wet, so you can have a track that's 30% wet for a long duration. It would still be a little unpredictable though as it's the actual weather on location.
I don't really know what to do with the fantasy tracks though.
Thoughts and suggestions about that? :)

I did a very short test (my network kept closing the lobby :irked: ) of the Alfa at Apricot Hill, and I don't think it's powerful and/or twisty enough to make it very challenging.
Do we keep the car or the track?​

When doing a little bit of racing yesterday, I'm wavering in my decision on the Ferrari 458. Perhaps we should use the F430 instead, as that might make the racing closer. It was easier to keep the less powerful F430 in check on the 'Ring.
Which Ferrari do you think will bring the closest (best) racing?
:cheers:

Last edited:
With the weather system being a bit wonky (drying up in half a lap etc.) I have come up with the idea of making the weather for each race dependent of the actual weather at the track on the day of the race, such as Motegi (http://www.yr.no would be used).
This would make the weather during the race more stable, and you can set the weather to ~60%, to make it rain while still not making the track any more more wet, so you can have a track that's 30% wet for a long duration. It would still be a little unpredictable though as it's the actual weather on location.
I don't really know what to do with the fantasy tracks though.
Thoughts and suggestions about that? :)

I think it's a great idea. For fantasy tracks, here's Eiger:
http://www.yr.no/sted/Sveits/Bern/Eigergletscher/

I did a very short test (my network kept closing the lobby :irked: ) of the Alfa at Apricot Hill, and I don't think it's powerful and/or twisty enough to make it very challenging.
Do we keep the car or the track?​

There aren't so many alternatives for a new track with the Alfa. Slow/twisty circuits are already assigned to others Championship 6 races (Tsukuba, Eiger, etc). Maybe the only remaining way is a city track, but are they good for overtaking and eventful, fun racing?
On the other hand, there are a lot of alternatives in terms of cars. I think the lack of challenge isn't imputable to the Alfa, it's more a PP level problem for that track, Autumn Ring.
Some reasonably powered alternatives in a "non-covered" PP range in the championship, over 400 and below 480PP.
-One of these FF cars, since all the other races are with RWD cars: Cooper S '11, Golf V GTI '05, RCZ '10, Civic Type R '08, Megane RS Trophy '11. (between ~410 and ~440PP)
-Stratos '73 (~415 PP, maybe too expensive at 375,000 cr.?)
-135i '07 (~470PP)
-Clio V6 '00 (~430PP)
-Lancer Evolution IV '96 (~445PP)

When doing a little bit of racing yesterday, I'm wavering in my decision on the Ferrari 458. Perhaps we should use the F430 instead, as that might make the racing closer. It was easier to keep the less powerful F430 in check on the 'Ring.
Which Ferrari do you think will bring the closest (best) racing?

I remember we already did this kind of race in one of our championships, in GT5. It was at the 'Ring and all with the 430 Scuderia, and it was a good fun race if I'm not wrong. Between the two you've mentioned I'll pick the 458, but only because we already did a race in a 430.
Other interesting alternatives (in my opinion) cars around 550PP:
-Diablo GT
-SLS AMG
-KTM XBow R
-LCR Rocket

I think it's a great idea. For fantasy tracks, here's Eiger:
http://www.yr.no/sted/Sveits/Bern/Eigergletscher/
Oh, that's cool! Are there actual locations for all the fantasy tracks, and a cross reference list of some sort? :)

There aren't so many alternatives for a new track with the Alfa. Slow/twisty circuits are already assigned to others Championship 6 races (Tsukuba, Eiger, etc). Maybe the only remaining way is a city track, but are they good for overtaking and eventful, fun racing?
On the other hand, there are a lot of alternatives in terms of cars. I think the lack of challenge isn't imputable to the Alfa, it's more a PP level problem for that track, Autumn Ring.
Some reasonably powered alternatives in a "non-covered" PP range in the championship, over 400 and below 480PP.
-One of these FF cars, since all the other races are with RWD cars: Cooper S '11, Golf V GTI '05, RCZ '10, Civic Type R '08, Megane RS Trophy '11. (between ~410 and ~440PP)
-Stratos '73 (~415 PP, maybe too expensive at 375,000 cr.?)
-135i '07 (~470PP)
-Clio V6 '00 (~430PP)
-Lancer Evolution IV '96 (~445PP)
It's true we already have a twisty Tsukuba race in the low powered Volvo.
Hmm... No RWD you say?
Audi TT Coupe 3.2 quattro '07​
Because that's what I was eying before taking the mental step towards an actual Porsche. :D

I remember we already did this kind of race in one of our championships, in GT5. It was at the 'Ring and all with the 430 Scuderia, and it was a good fun race if I'm not wrong. Between the two you've mentioned I'll pick the 458, but only because we already did a race in a 430.
Other interesting alternatives (in my opinion) cars around 550PP:
-Diablo GT
-SLS AMG
-KTM XBow R
-LCR Rocket
It's true, we did a Scuderia one - a reason as good as any! The 458 it is. :)

OK. So now there's a new patch out. I'll go online and try it out tonight. The new track looks more like a road trip than a race track. Excellent! :cool:👍

Edit: Changed to the Audi in the championship.
Edit 2: Added weather forecasts for known locations.

Last edited:
Oh, that's cool! Are there actual locations for all the fantasy tracks, and a cross reference list of some sort? :)
I knew Eiger Nordwand is a fictional track, but in a real location in Switzerland.
About other fictional tracks, here on GTPlanet it's possible to find any sort of investigations and researches about possible real locations for fictional tracks apparently :). I've used the Search function on the site and in a couple of minutes I found this:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/so-i-think-i-figured-out-the-setting-of-apricot-hill.303202/

So, if this guy is right, this is our weather forecast for Apricot Hill: http://www.yr.no/sted/Japan/Shizuoka/Gotemba/

Championship edit: Added weather forecast for Apricot Hill.

I knew Eiger Nordwand is a fictional track, but in a real location in Switzerland.
About other fictional tracks, here on GTPlanet it's possible to find any sort of investigations and researches about possible real locations for fictional tracks apparently :). I've used the Search function on the site and in a couple of minutes I found this:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/so-i-think-i-figured-out-the-setting-of-apricot-hill.303202/

So, if this guy is right, this is our weather forecast for Apricot Hill: http://www.yr.no/sted/Japan/Shizuoka/Gotemba/
Excellent eye of @CommandrCyclops ! Let's just say he's right. :)

I did some testing on Apricot Hill yesterday in the Audi on Comfort Soft. I think it will be a good race.

For some reason I couldn't do more than the first practice section on Zahara/Sierra last night! It would not unlock the second section or the full lap. :grumpy:

So I did some seasonal events (I actually thought it was amusing that two of the tracks I'd chosen for Championship 6 was in the events without me knowing it), and tonight when I'm back up to 200% bonus I'm doing the Zahara/Sierra and Senna one. Hopefully I'll then unlock the track for online testing. ;)

On another note, I saw this video from Project CARS yesterday:

So today I bought a PS4 and ordered my new TV (with 3D, so now I have an opinion about that too) and surround receiver... :lol:
I hope they fix Logitech drivers to Project CARS, because I can't find conformation that my G27 will work with it on the PS4. :confused:

Things like this video of a guy driving (on PC) a RUF RGT8 GT3 is making my body feel funny. :lol:
They have a great attention to details when compared to real life, and this kind of game play looks just fantastic; the simulation, lighting, sound, and damage model all seem tip-top:

OK, enough rambling about that game. Soo... a question:
Has anybody else jumped on the PS4 train yet? :)

Take care, fellas!

PS. Oh, and I apologise for kind of keeping talking to myself here. Thanks to @marco89IT and @mephistos62 for not making me look like a complete tool. :P

Edit: Fixed Project Cars sound link. Just listen to that flat 8!

Last edited:
Hey Vuja, yesterday I logged in to download the last update, but I could not use my G27 wheel as it was late and I tried to not be so noisy at home, but I am reading different opinions on the new force feedback feeling from logitech wheels.

Based on your experience, is it better or worse with the wheel, some say the feeling is too light, others say it is much better, lighter on FFB but finer on details from suspension, bumps and so on. Your veredict?

By the way the new Circuito de la Sierra is awesome for cruising.

Edit: It seems they fixed it

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_3616438.html

Last edited:
Championship edit: Added weather forecast for Apricot Hill.

Excellent eye of @CommandrCyclops ! Let's just say he's right. :)

I did some testing on Apricot Hill yesterday in the Audi on Comfort Soft. I think it will be a good race.

For some reason I couldn't do more than the first practice section on Zahara/Sierra last night! It would not unlock the second section or the full lap. :grumpy:

So I did some seasonal events (I actually thought it was amusing that two of the tracks I'd chosen for Championship 6 was in the events without me knowing it), and tonight when I'm back up to 200% bonus I'm doing the Zahara/Sierra and Senna one. Hopefully I'll then unlock the track for online testing. ;)

On another note, I saw this video from Project CARS yesterday:

So today I bought a PS4 and ordered my new TV (with 3D, so now I have an opinion about that too) and surround receiver... :lol:
I hope they fix Logitech drivers to Project CARS, because I can't find conformation that my G27 will work with it on the PS4. :confused:

Things like this video of a guy driving (on PC) a RUF RGT8 GT3 is making my body feel funny. :lol:
They have a great attention to details when compared to real life, and this kind of game play looks just fantastic; the simulation, lighting, sound, and damage model all seem tip-top:

OK, enough rambling about that game. Soo... a question:

Take care, fellas!

PS. Oh, and I apologise for kind of keeping talking to myself here. Thanks to @marco89IT and @mephistos62 for not making me look like a complete tool. :P

So you bought the PS4, mate you have a serious vice going on :lol:

Hey Vuja, yesterday I logged in to download the last update, but I could not use my G27 wheel as it was late and I tried to not be so noisy at home, but I am reading different opinions on the new force feedback feeling from logitech wheels.

Based on your experience, is it better or worse with the wheel, some say the feeling is too light, others say it is much better, lighter on FFB but finer on details from suspension, bumps and so on. Your veredict?

By the way the new Circuito de la Sierra is awesome for cruising.

The force feedback has been made weaker, I think so too. For conveying more details... Maybe. It's not very pronounced, or the fine nuances are hidden by the lighter wheel motions. I believe it's possible for Polyphony Digital to tweak this in a patch/update, but whether they will and when is unknown.
My verdict is that it's not decisively better, but I think I'll adapt. I'm running with the force feedback at 10/10 now, while I was using 8 before.

Yeah, casual laid back driving/racing on Zahara/Sierra will be great. Serious league racing too, I think, at least until testing says otherwise. :)

Edit: Spelling is hard.

Last edited:

PS4 + 3D TV + surround receiver + a great steering wheel. I don't reckon myself as an envious person, but this puts me to a tough test!:lol: Enjoy it!

For economical reasons ( i.e. PS3 games to give away to the shop as compensation, the value of which will drop consistently in the next days/months for different reasons) the idea of buying a PS4 is swirling around in my head these days. I'm not convinced though, first of all because of its price, 400 € + 50 € of the basically compulsory annual subscription to PSN. Then, because I've had a bad experience with new Sony consoles (YLOD, I had to buy another PS3). Have they learned the lesson? And finally, because the only game I'm really waiting is Project CARS.

So, please Vuja, share your views about how big is the jump between PS3 and PS4 :). I know the game is what makes the difference, but since I'm not informed at all on the PS4 and its features, everything will be useful.

I'm angling to get a PS4 at around Christmas time. I have to clear it with the boss first though. Project cars looks awesome, I fancy a bit of that. I also actually really like the look of Destiny, though it's causing lots of turbulence on the internet. Looks good to me.

So yes, I hope for a PS4 in the next few months.

Vuja, if you like a casual arcade game, I'd certainly have a look at Resogun for the PS4. It looks excellent (probably costs about €10), and it's by Housemarque, the same studio that brought Super Stardust to the PS3, that I still play rather a lot years after I bought it.

Hi Fellas of the CRCR League,

A few of you know I had issues with my wheel. Well, the warranty-replacement arrived today and given the fact that this happened a whole lot sooner than expected it feels like Christmas came early. So I will be joining the action again, this time with a firm steering column and a dead zone that is literally zero. Despite the fact that this probably won't make up for the still-way-behind driving experience compared to some of you veterans, I'd be more than happy to join the next Championship as "the rookie". Which brings me to my question: when's it gonna go down?

As for the PS4/PCars discussion: what a mind blowing in-car video that Vuja linked above. However, it is yet uncertain whether PCars will support multi-screen (on Playstation). That makes it a tough one for me, at least when it comes to that title in combo with a PS4. I dunno if any of you have ever driven on triples, but let me tell you this: if you have, there's no going back to a single screen. Ever. Even if it's a 55". Earlier this year I have built myself a full simulator rig that includes such setup. GT5/6 are the only supported PS3 titles that support multi-monitor and I have been racing that way since. The immersion and field of view is something you can't live without ever after. Besides space, a bit of cash and some DIY skills one also needs to have very understanding fiancé. :) I do have that lucky combo!
Coming back to PS4 - if PCars will feature multi-screen it will be good and bad at the same time for me. For it to work you need to have not one but 3(!!) Ps4 units! Might be cheaper to go the PC route. I picked up some used PS3s for little money. That won't be the case with PS4. What a dilemma. ;)
Do any of you know if PC titles have the same online community (in terms of size) as those console games? Probably not.

Anyways, looking forward to chase you and sniff on your tails again soon.. Oh..eh.. on the road that is... in automobiles of course. :)

PS4 + 3D TV + surround receiver + a great steering wheel. I don't reckon myself as an envious person, but this puts me to a tough test!:lol: Enjoy it!

For economical reasons ( i.e. PS3 games to give away to the shop as compensation, the value of which will drop consistently in the next days/months for different reasons) the idea of buying a PS4 is swirling around in my head these days. I'm not convinced though, first of all because of its price, 400 € + 50 € of the basically compulsory annual subscription to PSN. Then, because I've had a bad experience with new Sony consoles (YLOD, I had to buy another PS3). Have they learned the lesson? And finally, because the only game I'm really waiting is Project CARS.

So, please Vuja, share your views about how big is the jump between PS3 and PS4 :). I know the game is what makes the difference, but since I'm not informed at all on the PS4 and its features, everything will be useful.

The compulsory PS+ subscription annoys me too, but there's nothing to do about it other than migrating to PC. I have a dated gaming PC that will get upgraded after Christmas, according to plan. I'm awaiting at least a full release of Elite: Dangerous before upgrading. Star Citizen will probably be my main focus for the PC and that's looking to be mighty taxing on the hardware, so the longer I wait, the better.

Ouch!:ouch:
YLOD is such a bad issue. I've probably gotten away with leaving my PS3 on for days on end thanks to cold winters and lukewarm summers, which I guess makes me both a winner and a loser. :P

I actually didn't hook my PS4 up yesterday. I will late tonight and report any "findings". :)

I'm angling to get a PS4 at around Christmas time. I have to clear it with the boss first though. Project cars looks awesome, I fancy a bit of that. I also actually really like the look of Destiny, though it's causing lots of turbulence on the internet. Looks good to me.

So yes, I hope for a PS4 in the next few months.

Vuja, if you like a casual arcade game, I'd certainly have a look at Resogun for the PS4. It looks excellent (probably costs about €10), and it's by Housemarque, the same studio that brought Super Stardust to the PS3, that I still play rather a lot years after I bought it.

Least, try selling Project PS4 to the Deciding Factor by getting your heirs on your side by promising them the full use of the PS3. ;)

I got Destiny with my box but have no idea what it is more than Bungie's next game after the Halo series. Well, that's what I get for 🤬 at playing FPSs with a controller. I've gotten better by playing GTA V, but I'm still nowhere near the precision of a mouse and keyboard. I'm prepared to having my buttocks handed me on a platter. :lol:

OK, I will take a look at Resogun. Thanks for the tip!

One I definitely will get for the PS4 is Journey, which I skipped on the PS3. "Short but sweet" seems to be the verdict on that one. I thoroughly enjoyed Portal which also is quite short, so I have a good feeling about that one.

Hi Fellas of the CRCR League,

A few of you know I had issues with my wheel. Well, the warranty-replacement arrived today and given the fact that this happened a whole lot sooner than expected it feels like Christmas came early. So I will be joining the action again, this time with a firm steering column and a dead zone that is literally zero. Despite the fact that this probably won't make up for the still-way-behind driving experience compared to some of you veterans, I'd be more than happy to join the next Championship as "the rookie". Which brings me to my question: when's it gonna go down?

As for the PS4/PCars discussion: what a mind blowing in-car video that Vuja linked above. However, it is yet uncertain whether PCars will support multi-screen (on Playstation). That makes it a tough one for me, at least when it comes to that title in combo with a PS4. I dunno if any of you have ever driven on triples, but let me tell you this: if you have, there's no going back to a single screen. Ever. Even if it's a 55". Earlier this year I have built myself a full simulator rig that includes such setup. GT5/6 are the only supported PS3 titles that support multi-monitor and I have been racing that way since. The immersion and field of view is something you can't live without ever after. Besides space, a bit of cash and some DIY skills one also needs to have very understanding fiancé. :) I do have that lucky combo!
Coming back to PS4 - if PCars will feature multi-screen it will be good and bad at the same time for me. For it to work you need to have not one but 3(!!) Ps4 units! Might be cheaper to go the PC route. I picked up some used PS3s for little money. That won't be the case with PS4. What a dilemma. ;)
Do any of you know if PC titles have the same online community (in terms of size) as those console games? Probably not.

Anyways, looking forward to chase you and sniff on your tails again soon.. Oh..eh.. on the road that is... in automobiles of course. :)

Hey, that's awesome you got your wheel back so quickly! 👍

Good question, Mad. I should probably set some dates.
Everyone, what week day do you prefer for the league Race Days?

I have read up on the Project Cars/PS4 vs. Logitech issue, and it seems I'm up a certain filthy brook without oars. :odd: 🤬 :banghead: 👎:grumpy:
The supported PS4 wheel, the Thrustmaster T300RS, is 5400 SEK (~€590) if I want a comparable setup to what I have now, with a clutch and an H-gate shifter. :ouch: 🤬

Wow! Triple widescreen sounds fantastic, and your fiancé too! ;)
I'm waiting for the Facebook Oculus Rift, Project Morpheus, and/or the much promising Totem, before I decide my route in this matter. :boggled:

Also, I noticed that the arcade driver Driveclub will release already on the 9th of October. I will probably be getting that to see what racing can look like on the PS4, and I might be able to convince a couple of friends on the PS4 who aren't that into racing games (yet) to drive along with me. :sly:

And, to squeeze in a little bit of championship discussion too:
What do you think about the Sierra track for a championship race?
Personally I think it would be a fun race, and I even think the McLaren F1 is a quite alright choice for the race. It handles extremely well and is quick on such a long lap. A slower car gives us more time to think, but as I said yesterday, I also think most of my crashes comes from not having enough indications of the distance to the upcoming corner, and having to "race by GPS map" because I don't really know the track. Time and time again during last night's races I thought I was at a different track section than I actually was. No sane driver would race like that for real, but... Hey, I'll learn the track eventually. It worked for The 'Ring! :dopey:

Edit:
PS. Oh, and as we can now put numbers on some of the cars without race prepping them, what number would you like to have, so I can add it to the roster?
  • I think ushu is using #46.
  • Me, I've put #11 on my cars (as in 9.. :lol: - I have issues).

Last edited:
PS. Oh, and as we can now put numbers on some of the cars without race prepping them, what number would you like to have, so I can add it to the roster?
  • I think ushu is using #46.
  • Me, I've put #11 on my cars (as in 9.. :lol: - I have issues).

Superb idea.
#79 goes without saying... ;)

Yep 46 is my number well spotted Vuja!

About race days, i really don't know what will be best, perhaps on Monday but it has to be the week day that fits the majority of the drivers. I say Monday because after the weekend is like a lost day in the week, so normally there are no personal duties to deal with.

About time the best I think is at 21:00 GMT+1, later based on past championships makes for very late evenings...

Share your thoughts!!!!

Superb idea.
#79 goes without saying... ;)
:)
Added to the roster!

Yep 46 is my number well spotted Vuja!

About race days, i really don't know what will be best, perhaps on Monday but it has to be the week day that fits the majority of the drivers. I say Monday because after the weekend is like a lost day in the week, so normally there are no personal duties to deal with.

About time the best I think is at 21:00 GMT+1, later based on past championships makes for very late evenings...

Share your thoughts!!!!
I have nothing regular on Mondays, so it's good for me. Concerning the time, I think you're right; 21.00 Central European Time gets my vote too. Sometimes we've not been finished until after 01.00, and that's a little bit off putting even for me - good suggestion.

Sierra: I'm a bit skeptic about it, to be honest. Great track, amazing scenery, it isn't the classic race track and that can only be good to have something "different" in GT6. But at the moment I don't think it's the best for racing, it's quite difficult to make a proper overtake when driving nose to tail, even when we've raced with boost on. You'll probably need more than 50 laps to learn the complete track, and this can make the race a survival one; the one which knows the track better/crashes less will win. Very easy to crash into other drivers too. Anyway, I'm fine with everything as usual :).

Race day: Monday at 21.00 is ok for me.

Racing number: Mine's #13. We should also choose a font for the number and a base sheet design in common, to make things more...official :).
I also choose a color combination for car and rims to use in the whole championship. For example in Championship 5 all my cars were blue, with light/pale gold rims. I think I'll choose another combination for the next one.

Hello guys. I'm finally back home :-)

I have to re-read and understand the new rules for this new championship.
I agree to change race/hour day : Monday at 21h :)

Marco have the same opinion than me about buying PS4 : 1 PS1, 2 PS2, 2 PS3 :/. I'm waiting the 2nd or 3rd version.

I have to start my PS3, install update (New track !? :))), understand rules, and training one little week, then i'm ready for start the championship.

Bye guys, see you probably this week-end :-)

You should definitely try Destiny, Vuja. Apparently it needs some patience, though - there's a very detailed character leveling process, that becomes almost the main drive of the game - but this doesn't even really properly begin until you get to about level 20 and have finished the main story. Apparently it's best to consider the one player game as an extended tutorial. I'll be getting it I think. Assuming clearance with higher powers :)

Saw on youtube last night that Project Cars will be getting Morpheus support.... wow. This is the thing - was reading about Marty's 3 screen set-up of course, and I'm very jealous and it sounds awesome - but one of the reasons that I'm not trying to go down that route myself (apart from lack of funds and space) is that, I don't think it'll be long until VR headsets make set-ups like that pretty much redundant. It might take a couple of generations of headset to get it totally right, sure - but at some point, the ultimate immersion in your driving game is going to come from that direction. Can't wait. Sitting there in your car, full field of vision, able to naturally turn your head to look out the sides, to glance at the mirrors, to look out the side windows while drifting... ah baby, BRING IT ON

I played through Journey several times on the PS3, Vuja. It's charming, and pretty moving the first couple of times. The way it fits you up with another online player is a lesson in subtlety and shared experience.

Oh, and I always go for 42 as my number. Douglas Adams! It's Life, The Universe and Everything.

I like Sierra, but when I heard of a Spanish style road track I was expecting some tight, twisty stuff as well as long straights etc. The funny thing is, it feels to me that there isn't really a lot of either - it's good fun, but it feels strangely uniform as you race around it. Loads of minor breaking for 3rd/4th gear corners... The track doesn't seem to me to have a massive amount of character in and of itself...

cheers fellas.

VR is definitely the ultimate (non-real) driving experience to come. But like you say Least, it'll probably be a few generations before it's all tuned in. Maybe they'll even figure out a way to blend in reality with virtual reality. As in seeing my steering wheel and shifter (even though I don't really look at it consciously while racing).

SIERRA: I was giving that track a couple of hours last night. My first run. Least puts it spot on describing it as uniform. I was disappointed too. BUT.... What started out as a slight disappointment became an affection as the lap count progressed and different vehicles were tested. Eventually I (and my fellow driver) had found a very very fun combo. Driving cars around the 400pp mark (+/-) on CS tyres really was bumper to bumper close and wouldn't forgive mistakes. There are barely any top speed straights on the course and it made for some very good (and close) racing. The track really has grown on me. Despite its length I was eventually beginning to memorize its turns rather quickly.
So if you'd ask me, it should be taken into consideration.

Sierra: I'm a bit skeptic about it, to be honest. ... You'll probably need more than 50 laps to learn the complete track, and this can make the race a survival one...

Racing number: Mine's #13. We should also choose a font for the number and a base sheet design in common, to make things more...official :).
I also choose a color combination for car and rims to use in the whole championship. For example in Championship 5 all my cars were blue, with light/pale gold rims. I think I'll choose another combination for the next one.

Indeed, that's the case with Sierra. Perhaps La Sarthe is the better choice until we're comfortable and confident on Sierra.
One thing that I have to say it has against it regardless is the almost non-existent run off areas. Almost any mistake puts you in a (invisible) barrier, which is pretty bad for league racing - especially on such a long lap. Mount Panorama is like that too, but on a much shorter lap.

#13 added to the roster.
I have no opinion about the number styling. Anybody else?
It's a fun little thing to do, @marco89IT. In Championship 4 I had a white/silver and green theme going for all my cars. :)

Marco have the same opinion than me about buying PS4 : 1 PS1, 2 PS2, 2 PS3 :/. I'm waiting the 2nd or 3rd version.
Bye guys, see you probably this week-end :-)
The reliabililty seems to be pretty random. A friend of mine still has his release day PS3 Fatboy that's still running fine, and as I said, mine has been on for days and I've had no troubles (but it is a Slim though).

Welcome back, @mephistos62, and see you online!

You should definitely try Destiny, Vuja. Apparently it needs some patience, though - there's a very detailed character leveling process, that becomes almost the main drive of the game - but this doesn't even really properly begin until you get to about level 20 and have finished the main story. Apparently it's best to consider the one player game as an extended tutorial. I'll be getting it I think. Assuming clearance with higher powers :)

Saw on youtube last night that Project Cars will be getting Morpheus support.... wow. This is the thing - was reading about Marty's 3 screen set-up of course, and I'm very jealous and it sounds awesome - but one of the reasons that I'm not trying to go down that route myself (apart from lack of funds and space) is that, I don't think it'll be long until VR headsets make set-ups like that pretty much redundant. It might take a couple of generations of headset to get it totally right, sure - but at some point, the ultimate immersion in your driving game is going to come from that direction. Can't wait. Sitting there in your car, full field of vision, able to naturally turn your head to look out the sides, to glance at the mirrors, to look out the side windows while drifting... ah baby, BRING IT ON

I played through Journey several times on the PS3, Vuja. It's charming, and pretty moving the first couple of times. The way it fits you up with another online player is a lesson in subtlety and shared experience.

Oh, and I always go for 42 as my number. Douglas Adams! It's Life, The Universe and Everything.

I like Sierra, but when I heard of a Spanish style road track I was expecting some tight, twisty stuff as well as long straights etc. The funny thing is, it feels to me that there isn't really a lot of either - it's good fun, but it feels strangely uniform as you race around it. Loads of minor breaking for 3rd/4th gear corners... The track doesn't seem to me to have a massive amount of character in and of itself...

cheers fellas.

Oh, I will probably dive into Destiny tonight even if I, as I said, am terrible at shooters with a controller.
As a person who love co-op it looks promising! I loved Left 4 Dead, so I know that running a few well designed maps over and over (a critique of Destiny I've heard) with friends can indeed be good fun. If you get it we definitely need to run maps together. ;)

Virtual Reality is what I'm really looking forward to with Star Citizen, Elite: Dangerous, Project Cars, Gran Turismo 7, Driveclub, etc. Essentially, anything that is played from within a cockpit must be fantastic with head tracking gear!
With a head mounted display and a headset I'll be able to practically sit in a closet and play. :dopey:

#42 added to the roster.
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
:lol:
One of my favorite books!

SIERRA: I was giving that track a couple of hours last night. My first run. Least puts it spot on describing it as uniform. I was disappointed too. BUT.... What started out as a slight disappointment became an affection as the lap count progressed and different vehicles were tested. Eventually I (and my fellow driver) had found a very very fun combo. Driving cars around the 400pp mark (+/-) on CS tyres really was bumper to bumper close and wouldn't forgive mistakes. There are barely any top speed straights on the course and it made for some very good (and close) racing. The track really has grown on me. Despite its length I was eventually beginning to memorize its turns rather quickly.
So if you'd ask me, it should be taken into consideration.

The feeling I take away from Sierra is that it's like a Track Creator track. It reminds me a lot of the GT5 creator ones.
I did runs on it with litle_wing on Comfort Hards with 350-450PP cars and it's good fun. The 'Ring is also narrow but we know it so well that close racing is possible there anyway, and I think it will be the same with Sierra eventually.
For Championship 6, I honestly don't know yet... :boggled:

Today it's Friday, fellas!

Last edited:
Status report: I've upgraded my connection speed at home, but all is not well. Annoyingly, this means I'm back to my previous connection issues, and my ISP is unable to "help me" until I've bought my own modem - i.e. bypassed the problem. 👎:mad: 🤬 traffic shaping loaner dung...
Also, unless they manage to deliver my increased upload we'll have to remain a silent lobby without voice chat. :banghead: :irked:

The start of the championship is definitely on hold until I've resolved at minimum the connection issue. :grumpy:

Sadly, I'm stuck with xDSL where I live... :(

Back