can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
apmcheaderwk91.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, provided by leeislee:

"Seeing as though this is in essence a photography competition, I want you all to don your best Pro Photography gear and head out to a shoot for a classic car magazine. (pictures only, no text or magazine graphics allowed)

However, This magazine features classics that have been given a modern twist. Bright, Vibrant Candy Apple, Matt or Flip paint. Tasty Rims, Lowered suspension etc. Chrome paint, Wings & Bodykits welcome only if they look tasteful.

You can have your car driving on a track, Parked up and posing or even a pack shot featuring a few of your favourite Modernized Classics.

I'm looking for top draw magazine/publicity standard money shots. No dirty, smashed up, drifting, cars flying through the air or photos of cars rolling over is allowed.

Think, Chip Foose, Boyd Coddington, Barry White's Speedshop, West Coast Customs etc!"

CARS: Any car UP TO 1990. Premium or Standard.
LOCATIONS: Any, Cars, Vans & Ex-Military!
PHOTOTRAVEL: Yes
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: No stupid camber issues. I don't like cars with broken looking suspension. Any entries with dodgy camber will not be considered. New photos only. nothing you've used in any galleries or other comps.

gtpapmcrulesc02.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.
This Thread will answer many possible questions you may have.

• It is recommended you host your image on ImageShack, Photobucket, or Flickr.
  • Not sure how to post a thumbnail or preview image? Read this sticky!
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it;
    it makes poll creation much easier!

• One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
  • Do not ask other users to choose your entry.
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text. On H2H weeks, which side, as well.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
    either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, linked to the full-sizer.
  • Preview images can not exceed 500 pixels in either direction.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Winner gets to choose the following week's theme, as well as the Top 15. Every fourth
    week, the poll will be H2H style: entries must choose a "team", leading to two 8-picture,
    4-day polls. The winners from each faces off in a final 48 hour poll.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
  • The Host may ask for the original image and it must be submitted if so.
    It's recommended to save the original image (preferably in-game) until week's ends.
Failure to follow these rules will result in ignored entries and/or disqualification!

gtpapmcediting02.jpg

What you may not do to a photo:
  • Alter the geometry of the car. No stickers, or body modifications not available in game.
  • Add shapes or objects from outside of GT5, signatures excepted.
  • Add lens flares or "artistic" filters to image.
  • Remove items from shot (scenery, other cars).
  • Use more than 1 image (HDR, photo-stitching, multi-exposure).
  • "Creative cropping". The main "image" must be four-sided, with 90-degree, upright corners.
  • Selective car colour changing: masking different parts to create racing stripes or similar.

What you may do to a photo:
  • Crop and/or resize an image.
  • Adjust the level or curve values.
  • Alter the colour tone of the image (gradient maps, photo filters, colour balance, etc).
  • Car body colour change (all stickers/design features must remain, see "Remove Items" rule).
  • Adjust brightness, contrast, exposure, shadow/highlights.
  • Enhance shadows or highlights (dodge and burn tools in Photoshop, for example).
  • Add noise and/or diffuse glow.
  • Add a post-game tilt-shift blur, or apply a motion blur to a stationary Photomode shot.
  • Make use of Layer Blend Modes.
  • Use a Sharpening filter and/or tool.
  • Scale or enlarge rims.
  • Remove or modify license plates.
  • Remove the GT watermark.
  • Add a personal signature.
  • Clean up or fix jaggies, texture pixelation, or colour separation.
  • Add a vignette effect.
gtpapmcdeadline02.jpg

[14.00 GMT]

Ooooooo! Nice theme! :dopey:👍 I will have to put some extra effort into this one.

Welp, I really hope that this theme includes 1990, or else I might cry a little inside lol.

Final Entry

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY​

Changed

More fitting for the theme :)
Wish the bumpers were all chrome straight from the game though...​

Last edited:
My PS3 woes have put me on the back-foot so I hope this oldie will be ok for the theme

*new Final Entry

*forgot about my Beetle in BBS's :sly:

Last edited:
I thought driftin and CCS matched the theme?
Actually yeah, i was wrong, others have got the jist of the theme, some haven't that's what i meant. but Mitch really nailed it on his pic. Lovely modded beetle, nice shiney chrome etc. That's the kind of shot you'd see in a magazine.

I really think entrants from now on should check out the likes of Chip Foose etc to get what i meant about the theme. But i also look forward to seeing anything that people want to enter afterall, everyone interprets things differently so it'll be interesting to see how this theme evolves.

👍👍👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back