Clueless Tunes - Classic Car Shootout (WE'RE DONE! Thank you all)

• Thread starter krenkme
  • 682 comments
Was it at least a Fun ride? :dopey:

I'm not allowed to say :D

Nah it was good, a bit oversteery at times if your not carefull with the throttle.
Compared to a few other cars I've tested it lacked speed on the uphill part after the first corner. I think with a few tweaks to the transmission it would be faster on the uphill. 👍

I'm not allowed to say :D

Nah it was good, a bit oversteery at times if your not carefull with the throttle.
Compared to a few other cars I've tested it lacked speed on the uphill part after the first corner. I think with a few tweaks to the transmission it would be faster on the uphill. 👍

Thanks, I'm still not sure that's my choice yet :sly: but I may tweek the Trans. to see what it can do up hill :dopey:

Thanks, I'm still not sure that's my choice yet :sly: but I may tweek the Trans. to see what it can do up hill :dopey:

No problemo man :) Still got a long time before tuna deadline, plently of time for more tweaking and testing 👍

Adding you now 👍.
The 2CV can only get up to 57hp@405pp (but not up a hill), and the Honda 1300 understeering is a pig :dopey:

Yeah, tried the 2CV and I could only manage a measly 2:09.4xx and to downhill top speed of 83mph.

Scrapped the Honda idea after tuning out the under steer and its still not competitive. Right now my Nissan is running about a 1:49 lap. More tuning to do but I put it on share anyway. :)

In my quest to lose the time attack just to get that Clueless Tuned Honda Beat, I've decided to go down the muscle route and use a Camaro Z/28. It'll be slow, but I'll make it fun to drive so perhaps it'll have a chance at the driver's choice award. I'll take some awful picture to throw into the photomode poll too. :lol:

I was considering the old Fiat 500, but then I took an arrow to the knee realised it's hard to enjoy a car that won't top 100mph. :lol:

In my quest to lose the time attack just to get that Clueless Tuned Honda Beat, I've decided to go down the muscle route and use a Camaro Z/28. It'll be slow, but I'll make it fun to drive so perhaps it'll have a chance at the driver's choice award. I'll take some awful picture to throw into the photomode poll too. :lol:

I was considering the old Fiat 500, but then I took an arrow to the knee realised it's hard to enjoy a car that won't top 100mph. :lol:

Ohhh…a muscle car? I have a rival! :D

Did a quick run in Onboys car earlier, and it may not be the quickest, but I could not stop smiling out of the pure fun and insanity. :dopey:
- 'night

Did a quick run in Onboys car earlier, and it may not be the quickest, but I could not stop smiling out of the pure fun and insanity. :dopey:
- 'night
Insanity? Hmm…what's the insanity about it? The fact that it's a muscle car that corners or that it's stupidly easy to hoon? :dopey:

Okay I'm in as a carp! Uhm...catfish? No, no uhm oh yea tuna!:D:crazy:

Oh and sorry krenkme but it's a quack attack! Go Ducks!:cheers::gtpflag:

If you put all of us down as 'Tuna' :lol:, should the Testers be 'Nope! Chuck Testa.'s? :sly:

In Other News, I am today gonna start looking for the ideal cars I can use in my efforts. Still don't know if the Euros I have planned will get to 500PP but I'll find something. :cool:

Thinking of doing an updated version of "Quicksilver" for my entry.:crazy:

Drivers should be scared!:D:scared:

Thinking of doing an updated version of "Quicksilver" for my entry.:crazy:

Drivers should be scared!:D:scared:

I was doing that already. I tried with w/o the wing, soiled myself. It's actually scarier than the car I asked you to test but still haven't. Maybe we should rope in the tuner wars thread and see who can tune the Spitfire better? :D

I was doing that already. I tried with w/o the wing, soiled myself. It's actually scarier than the car I asked you to test but still haven't. Maybe we should rope in the tuner wars thread and see who can tune the Spitfire better? :D

To steal a line from praiano the silver surfer needs his surfboard!:D

Actually haven't tested any cars yet. Been away from GT5 for the last week+ due to the holidays, internet rage, college football, and general burnout.:drool:

To steal a line from praiano the silver surfer needs his surfboard!:D

He should put his mascot fish down as a tuna. :lol:

I have gotten a hold of a Lotus Europa Special to try out, none of my other cars could get to 500PP somehow. My Giulia GTA came closest and would have made it had it been able to fit a wing up. But I've managed to get three configurations for the Europa - it can reach 500PP with all three turbos in some way, so I now need to see which will be best for Cote d'Azur.

He should put his mascot fish down as a tuna. :lol:

I have gotten a hold of a Lotus Europa Special to try out, none of my other cars could get to 500PP somehow. My Giulia GTA came closest and would have made it had it been able to fit a wing up. But I've managed to get three configurations for the Europa - it can reach 500PP with all three turbos in some way, so I now need to see which will be best for Cote d'Azur.

Bugger you! That was mah supa secret car! I love that thing to bits…but I've sort of turned it into a a mildly not so scary killer. :D

So glad noones mentioned my car yet, I hope nobody else picks it. It is truly a monster and will definately kill some of the testers :lol:

So glad noones mentioned my car yet, I hope nobody else picks it. It is truly a monster and will definately kill some of the testers :lol:

Ginetta G4? :lol: And do you think it has a chance of racking up as spectacular a kill rate as my car? :D

Am I too late to throw my lot in as a tuner..??

Just had to replace my PS3 as my wife killed my old Toaster playing Oblivion :(

{Cy}

Am I too late to throw my lot in as a tuner..??

Just had to replace my PS3 as my wife killed my old Toaster playing Oblivion :(

{Cy}

Nope. I will beat the snot out of Krenkme to let you in, I do owe you one for teaching me the magical tuning method of using lower grade tryes for tuning. :D

:lol: Ouch…tell her to pay for it, she broke it. :D

Nope. I will beat the snot out of Krenkme to let you in, I do owe you one for teaching me the magical tuning method of using lower grade tryes for tuning. :D

:lol: Ouch…tell her to pay for it, she broke it. :D

Thank you kindly. You don't owe me anything, Sir, it's a cheap (and effective) trick, building a car on crappy tyres. Don't beat him too hard, he enjoys it ;)

Don't let her at Skyrim then!:lol:

I got her Oblivion to see if she likes that sort of game, before buying her Skyrim ....... she loves it enough to have cooked my poor old PS3, which I've had since the launch. I'm going to bring it in to work (or take some work tools home) and see if I can resurrect it. We were talking about getting a second one anyway, as we quite like playing the Modern Warfare and Uncharted series together...

{Cy}

Back