Clueless Tunes - Classic Car Shootout (WE'RE DONE! Thank you all)

• Thread starter krenkme
  • 682 comments
Onboy123
Is everyone just going to use the rally legend that is the Stratos now? And I think I need a faster car…Cougar is good, but too slow…

If I can get my vette within a second of the Stratos Ill enter it. No getting around the fact that the Stratos is fast, it just is.

Is everyone just going to use the rally legend that is the Stratos now?

Yep. I think you have designed a Stratos competition, not a 500PP historic car challenge. The Stratos looks the best on paper, but there are four or five other cars that should be really close to it.

I'm not really in it to win it...so I will probably not be using the Stratos.

I don't know what car i'll use yet though...

Onboy123
Is everyone just going to use the rally legend that is the Stratos now? And I think I need a faster car…Cougar is good, but too slow…

Yep, it will be the NSX of this competition :irked: because originality counts for nothing when there is winning at stake :dopey: I can't help but laugh just thinking of peoples' reactions to my...ahem, creation :sly:

If I can get my vette within a second of the Stratos Ill enter it. No getting around the fact that the Stratos is fast, it just is.

Yep. I think you have designed a Stratos competition, not a 500PP historic car challenge. The Stratos looks the best on paper, but there are four or five other cars that should be really close to it.

Beaver...Dam, I was worried about those Lambos :banghead:

*coughcough*Titanic*coughcough*
??? Fastest ship, top of the line, doesn't like ice... 👍

:dopey:

Edit- sorry to tired to update the OP. Will do as soon as I can see the m0nitor. 'night

Last edited:
I must be doing something terribly wrong. I have yet to break 1'50... :( Monaco is not my favorite but damn that's a long way off.

Yep, it will be the NSX of this competition :irked: because originality counts for nothing when there is winning at stake :dopey: I can't help but laugh just thinking of peoples' reactions to my...ahem, creation :sly:

VW Bug? :dopey: Or is it Roj's favouritest old car, the Alalalalalalalalpine A1100 thing? :D

Onboy123
VW Bug? :dopey: Or is it Roj's favouritest old car, the Alalalalalalalalpine A1100 thing? :D

Don't be stupid, it's worse than that...I ain't giving it away until I post it neither! Gotta get the full effect of posting the tune :sly:

I must be doing something terribly wrong. I have yet to break 1'50... :( Monaco is not my favorite but damn that's a long way off.

I have a friend that loves that track, and I am :indiff:. But he can always turn laps 1-2 seconds faster then me with the same car. It just depends if you know the course. Looking forword to this shootout!

Are you using a FIAT 500 ?

raVer

Thought about it but I can't stand them. :crazy: No, I've tried the Stratos, 2002 and a couple others mentioned so far. My best up until recently was 1'51 with the BMW but I just barely eked into 1'49 with a Chevy. Having a hard time deciding if power or agility is the way to go here.:nervous:

Motor City Hami

I tried the Stratos against a few other cars and like you say other cars are right their with it and some easier to drive as well.

Tuner, considering test driver, since online racing seems to have been killed by PD, we'll see. :grumpy: :lol:

Already did me the Stratos, so I won't be entering that. I'll pick something with much more style.

Judging by your times, using the Europa (which I have to do my best to avoid calling Evora) would be hopeless. But then, on my original test runs, I was kinda not concentrating on just the testing alone :lol: I have managed to get it to stop oversteering on the corner exits completely though. :D

><((((°> °°°°°°°°°°°°°°

So, is this your 'tuna'? :dopey:

I like colours :dopey:

I like trains. ._. :lol:

Judging by your times, using the Europa (which I have to do my best to avoid calling Evora) would be hopeless. But then, on my original test runs, I was kinda not concentrating on just the testing alone :lol: I have managed to get it to stop oversteering on the corner exits completely though. :D

How the bloody hell did you get it to do that?! I just assumed it was in the car's nature to do so and tried to make it as agile as it can without cornering backwards., but I haven't sorted the oversteer out completely…

How the bloody hell did you get it to do that?! I just assumed it was in the car's nature to do so and tried to make it as agile as it can without cornering backwards., but I haven't sorted the oversteer out completely…

I'm not fully sure to be honest. I did give it a very random damper setup and kept the spring rate low (and it goes very low on the Europa), kept the camber and toe rather normal too. Didn't even change the LSD up that much...all I need to do now of course is set up the transmissions and work out which turbo and which setup I have is best for d'Azur.

I'm not fully sure to be honest. I did give it a very random damper setup and kept the spring rate low (and it goes very low on the Europa), kept the camber and toe rather normal too. Didn't even change the LSD up that much...all I need to do now of course is set up the transmissions and work out which turbo and which setup I have is best for d'Azur.

Ohh…I went nuts and gave it spring rates from my Mazda 110S and also relatively stiff dampers…still behaves itself, surprisingly.

My Camaro is on share. It's the chrome red one with "Z28" on the plate. :D

I managed 1:46.2 in your Mercury Kitten, Onboy. I had a 1:46.0 but I scraped a wall too hard and invalidated the lap.

My Camaro is on share. It's the chrome red one with "Z28" on the plate. :D

i'll send you a FR , i really wanna try a Z28 :D

on a side note , using the wheel started out with laptimes at 1.55.xxx till 2.00.xxx

now starting to get solid 1.49.xxx while getting 1.45.xxx with the pad

still i crash way to much tho , yiou might be getting a UFO report of a flying wheel over belgium soon :P

no seriously i'm getting there :P ,

So, is this your 'tuna'? :dopey:

No tuna my friend but another blue water fast traveller. WAHOO KINGFISH. The fish i prefer, it's a beautiful speed shape fish ,that spend his life crossing the oceans. If it was a car it will be a TVR speed 12.
wahoopacifickingfishono.jpg

I have some few hours now, and i'm going to check my Stratos and other potential cars in my garage.

Let's see what i have.:)👍

><((((((°> °°°°°°°°°°°

I think I'm going to go with the biggest beast I can find and make it do its best impression of handling, then call it good. My progress so far is on share in the way of a black Super Bee running full weight.

Edit: Err, green. Very dark green. I forget these things. Meh.

Last edited:
Back