COMPLEX STRING: Do you want it back again in GT5?

Do you want Complex String test track for GT5?

• Total voters
Why would somebody say no to having another track? I was never a massive fan of this track but it'd be cool to see it return.

I always loved this track because it's nearly every style turn on a road course all rolled into one track! I'd love to have this in GT5 for the sake of testing and tuning.

I would like this track to come back in GT5. I used it a lot when I was learning how to drift. It had a lot of different type of turns.

Never raced on the 'complex'. Is it a real track or a virtual track?

I'd prefer real life circuits such as Spa, Tremblant, Silverstone, etc.

Of course the more circuits the better!

BlacqueJacques-> It was a virtual track. And as I mention on other threads, Real Life circuits bore me.

Last edited:
yea real life circuits get boring after a while.. the good thing about gt series is that they were different than every other racing game.. they made the tracks themselfs.. that is also what makes it a better game then the rest of the racing games out there

^ It was a virtual track. And as I mention on other threads, Real Life circuits bore me.
Test tracks exist in real life too.

Ford has a cool one in Lommel, Belgium
8km oval, over 80km of track.
www.fordlpg.com

fordpopup2.jpg

Nissan has one in Hokkaido, Japan. 7km oval, over 15km of track.

060911004.jpg

And of course Volkswagen's track in Ehra-Lessien, Germany.
96km track. 9km straights. Location of the Bugatti speed records.

10988606_Ehra-Lessien.jpg

Wouldn't it be great if the Volkswagen test track came "bundled" in GT5 with the new Bugatti Veyron SS? Just thinking.

Man that volkswagon track is a beauty! Love it. Hope it's an add on for GT5.

You want them to do an add-on of nearly 100km of track...? That's just slightly optimistic. :lol:

(And I would have to completely agree....)

Last edited:
a hardcore track man, very challenging, I remember I used to do it in like 6 sections, do section 1, then drive back to start do it again, then part 2 so on and so fourth. and doing the licenses were so frustrating, you would get all the way to the end and screw up those Esses over the hill, EVERY TIME lol. those big long loop corners remind me of China F1 track. and it has pretty much every corner and speed of that corner on the track, so its a good test of balance of the car. I would love any track thats challenging so yea. Bring it on!
But either way, I would prefer the Gunsai Touge (gunma cycle sports center) that is on the touge races on Best motoring/ Hot version videos. That is an amazing tight twisty track. So I think there are more and better liked tracks then complex string. However glancing up at the voting that would appear completely wrong of what I am saying lol that's a massive vote, over 500 people Voted, I have never seen that many people vote on here for 1 subject, the most I have seen is like 80 LOL

So good post and question, Kudos to you all

^ It was a virtual track. And as I mention on other threads, Real Life circuits bore me.

Really? So you just haven't found any real life circuit (even ones that haven't and or still not been featured on GT) that you Like? Just seems hard to believe.

-> ...
Test tracks exist in real life too.
^ I was replying to BlacqueJacques that the Complex String was a virtual track. ;)

-> And yes I do know about test tracks that exists in real life:

Ford's Dearborn Development Center
012175.2-lg.jpg

Porsche Development Center
weissach.jpg

Nardo Test Track
58749909.uploadsunNardoTestTrack.jpg

-> But Complex String is a whole a lot of jigsaw of a race track that is mashed into one. ;)

Really? So you just haven't found any real life circuit (even ones that haven't and or still not been featured on GT) that you Like? Just seems hard to believe.
^ There are very few Real Life race tracks I adore. But unfortunately, they were not featured in GT yet.

Gunsai Touge
gunsai_pre-a8855.jpg

Maze Circuit
maze.gif

Batangas Racing Circuit
batangase_map.gif

:sly:

-> But I can explain why most Real Life tracks are boring (taken from the other thread, HERE):

-> ...But as a guy who race more for fun than slicing times by the milisecond, I'd say that real tracks (so far, mostly) are boring in a way.

-> Compared to the masterpieces that PD provided throughout the series, only Nurb-North and Suzuka stands out. Although by far, most of the real track offered by GT are quite on the medium to large-size category. For these real tracks to be more fun, we need a little more variety in conjunction with fictional tracks.

-> Here are my points:

1. Real World Tracks has that nostalgic aura that gives many race fans goosebumps and all. But Many of these real world circuits lack that certain unique enviroments that fictional tracks delivers. Sure some of these tracks are almost quite impossible to engineer (ie. Trial Mountain & Grand Valley Speedway), but the sense of racing thru these tracks are mostly regarded as one of the best simulated race tracks ever made. Even to the point that these tracks deserves to be built in real life. :drool:

2. Fictional Tracks are generally more fun to flog around compared to real tracks in my opinion. As what I've observed in GT2 up to GT5P; many of these real tracks have somewhat a sensation of feeling "bland". Allow me to explain; compared to many fictional tracks, real tracks lacks some exagerrated embankments, off-camber corners, and apexes. One good comparison is Infenion Raceway (Sports Car Vers.) and GT's own Autumn Ring; these tracks have a similar embankment angles (little more on Autumn Ring). But the overall variety of corners in Autumn Ring makes it much more interesting to drive for prolong periods of time. ;)

3. Plus on fictional tracks, we will never see them in real life, while we have a very slight chance on racing our own cars on various real race tracks around the world (like NurbRing-North). That along adds to the suspense of the phrase "what if", that makes fictional tracks more interesting. :sly:

4. On a comparison of Fictional vs. Fictional tracks from GT and other games; PD did a stellar job on creating these tracks as a true representation of the game that is unrivaled compared to most games. The only game I would consider that rivals GT's tracks are from the Battle Gear series. Sure Battle Gear features mostly real life street tracks from Japan, but their fictional tracks is almost on par with its "Touge" tracks in the game. 👍

:)

The Vanishing Boy
-> ...
FDM73 View Post

The weirdest track of GT3, glad it wasn't in GT4. And hopefully it's not in GT5, just like the autumn ring.
^ Before hating on the track, have you tried it first hand?

Gt3 has been one of my favorite games, my first full experience of the GT serie, impressive! So i think i have the right to give my likes and dislikes.

What i hold against Complex string and Autumn ring is that the design of these tracks are pure mathematical in a simple way. The newer tracks PD designed are more flowing with the landscape, much more realistic and with more complex corners (with more than one apex). PD has learned a lot about real life racing (seeing all the new gameplay videos), the arcade style tracks are history for the newer GT-games.

So what Happens In GT3 Stays In GT3!

The newer tracks PD designed are more flowing with the landscape, much more realistic and with more complex corners (with more than one apex). PD has learned a lot about real life racing (seeing all the new gameplay videos), the arcade style tracks are history for the newer GT-games.

Hm, I really do not see your point here.

We have not seen ANY new "original track" ("original track" is name for fictional race courses in GT series) that should appear in GT5 so far - all tracks we saw are either real-life courses, city tracks or rally stages.

GT4 had only 2 new "original circuits" (none of them being actual race course, El Capitan and Driving Park) and 6 new "city circuits". Since you're talking race circuits, only new course in GT4 that resembles looks of dedicated motorsport circuit should be Driving Park Test Course.

All other "original circuits" represented in GT4 were present in the series since the first GT game, with exclusion of Midfield and Apricot raceways which came into series in GT2. Also, when yout talking "newer GT games", GT3 was lacking in "originals" (had only 5 of them when you exclude Complex String and Test Track), while GT Concept had Apricot Hill. GT4: Prologue had none.

Last edited:
Eiger Nordwand is a fictional track, same catagorie as El Capitan. So we have seen a new 'orginal track', is it?

The High speed ring is a original track a believe (GT1?). But it lost the arcade-feel it had in Gt4, it's feels more like a real racetrack in GT5p.

Amar212 i hope you understand my point (i'am ofcourse not a GT-guru like you).

Eiger Nordwand is a fictional track, same catagorie as El Capitan. So we have seen a new 'orginal track', is it?

The High speed ring is a original track a believe (GT1?). But it lost the arcade-feel it had in Gt4, it's feels more like a real racetrack in GT5p.

Amar212 i hope you understand my point (i'am ofcourse not a GT-guru like you).

Haha, I'm no guru, LOL :D I just play GT series from the first game, nothing more..

HSR is indeed an original rack, but it looked more like propper race circuit in GT1.. New HSR (GT4 and now Prolog) actually was tonned-down in order to look more "beautiful" and less racing.

👍

May I suggest apart from looking at just completely new tracks also looking at modifications to original circuits in the GT series.

Wouldn't it be great if the Volkswagen test track came "bundled" in GT5 with the new Bugatti Veyron SS? Just thinking.

Yes it would be very cool
trouble with gt there has never been a track where you could reach top speed in the fastest cars with the tallest gearing (unless you did the seattle glitch+wheely glitch with the escudo then you could do over 1000 mph in gt3)
for me the test course has never had long enough straights

OT-> ...
Gt3 has been one of my favorite games, my first full experience of the GT serie, impressive! So i think i have the right to give my likes and dislikes.

What i hold against Complex string and Autumn ring is that the design of these tracks are pure mathematical in a simple way. The newer tracks PD designed are more flowing with the landscape, much more realistic and with more complex corners (with more than one apex). PD has learned a lot about real life racing (seeing all the new gameplay videos), the arcade style tracks are history for the newer GT-games.

^ So you've played GT3, good, you didn't mentioned it before so I thought you're just blabbing away. :D

-> I have no grudges on Real Life tracks per say. Sure these tracks are boatloads of fun when I ever get a chance to drive them with my S2000. But in the game, its a completely different scenario. Thats why I prefer Fictional Tracks over Real Life Tracks in GT. And besides; no matter if its real or fiction, they all came in the same mathematical formula. Its just the only difference is the G-Force factor that separates them. :)

^ I wouldn't call them 'pure-original'. These tracks are fictional based on real locations, so pretty much some sort of a hybrid. ;)

The High speed ring is a original track a believe (GT1?). But it lost the arcade-feel it had in Gt4, it's feels more like a real racetrack in GT5p..
^ HSR '90s (GT1/2) was more of a competitive fun track compared to HSR '00s (GT4/5P). I will never consider HSR '90s an 'Arcade Track', its the perfect place to do online battles, etc.

HSR is indeed an original rack, but it looked more like propper race circuit in GT1.. New HSR (GT4 and now Prolog) actually was tonned-down in order to look more "beautiful" and less racing.
👍
^ I never liked the wider-spec of HSR '00s, it feels like I'm not moving at all. While HSR '90s was tight exhillerating and most of all fun. 👍

-> This thread is going off-topic now, for discussion on Real vs. Fiction tracks, go here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=114655

BT-> I should say, for the twist of things. Complex Sting should be a low-volume race track (similar to Autumn Ring Mini) and a night course alternative too. :)👍

Back