CORE GT Series | RETURNING IN GT6!

• Thread starter OmniusGT
  • 4,439 comments
I've only set 1 car up and I'm not back at the wheel till Friday so I know what I'm going with.Can't say I'm disappointed though,a fun drive and a bit of a looker.

Wonder what the chances are of half the grid in the same car??

Good Zero cup tonight, Madrid was great fun. Omnius didnt follow the rules on the colour of the car, but rules are made to be broken lol.

THIS COMING FRIDAY

TRIDENT GT Championship - CORE GT Series

Weekly Event, 20:30 - Every Friday night.

A trident ( /ˈtraɪdənt/), also called a leister or gig, is a three-pronged spear.

3 Races, 3 Tracks, 1 Champion!

This Weeks theme - Tarmac Tuned 'Rally' Cars

RACE 1 - Production Cars - Rome Reverse - 15 Laps.
PP 516
ABS & TC Allowed.
Sport Soft Only
10 minutes Qualifying.

RACE 2 - 'Rally' Cars - Grand Valley East 15 Laps.
BHP 355
KG 1230
ABS Only.
Racing Medium Only
10 Minutes Qualifying.

The last race will always be the Nordschleife as the Mini Enduro, in game time 20:20.

RACE 3 - Production Cars - Nordschleife 3 Laps.
PP 583
ABS & TC Allowed.
Racing Hard.
Reverse Grid from previous themed race.

Good Zero cup tonight, Madrid was great fun. Omnius didnt follow the rules on the colour of the car, but rules are made to be broken lol.

Bah! I didn't see that bit about colour....to be honest, I can't see what the difference the colour makes! Anyway we've been practicing all week and you knew my Esprit was Black :confused:

I wouldn't call it a race breaking rule, and anyway, I thought we were running at 360bhp not 355!

:)

When setting the maximum power, I only had the choice between 355 and 364 bhp. And I thought there may be a few who would not have broken inthe car or changed the oil... so that's why I chose the lower of the 2 values...

As for the colour rule, it was there right from the beginning... And yes, it doesn't affect the speed of the car... much... :)

Just checked the news page on gtplanet and it looks like there will be maintenance tomorrow from 3pm until 11pm London time 👎👎👎

Does this mean no Trident Cup this week ? :mad:🤬:grumpy:

Strange because the official site still says the 8th, but Gtplanet are reporting the 9th???

Update: GT5 servers are currently undergoing maintenance so lets hope that Gtplanet have got it wrong.

Update 2: News page has changed to the 8th so Gtplanet got it wrong.

Last edited:
Just checked the website and can't find the maintenance notice, does that mean it's back on already?
I tell you what why don't I just turn it on and find out it's probably quicker :dunce:

👍
Just checked the news page on gtplanet and it looks like there will be maintenance tomorrow from 3pm until 11pm London time 👎👎👎

Does this mean no Trident Cup this week ? :mad:🤬:grumpy:

Strange because the official site still says the 8th, but Gtplanet are reporting the 9th???

Update: GT5 servers are currently undergoing maintenance so lets hope that Gtplanet have got it wrong.

Update 2: News page has changed to the 8th so Gtplanet got it wrong.

Don't panic Mr Mainwaring! Don't Panic! :nervous:

I guess they just got their dates mixed up, its off tonight, so it will be as per tomorrow night!

Looking forward to tonight's races im going to try and start drinking as late as possible tonight to increase my chances of good points.

Live The Dream
Looking forward to tonight's races im going to try and start drinking as late as possible tonight to increase my chances of good points.

Lol! I like your style :)

have you room for 1 more

Well I guess you proved yourself in Warrius' Zero Cup (you see you were too quick to judge us because of Phil_Marbles!)

I'll send you an FR on PSN, have you read through the rules for tonight???

👍

Well I guess you proved yourself in Warrius' Zero Cup (you see you were too quick to judge us because of Phil_Marbles!)

I'll send you an FR on PSN, have you read through the rules for tonight???

👍

FR accepted ,yes seen the first post .PPlimit road cars ,rally cars,PPlimit road cars.
ps any roadcar?

Excellent fun tonight, thanks for the racing. 1st race was my favorite and watching the replay the battle for 2nd 3rd and 4th was epic for the first 10 laps.
Assassin ran away with it though. 2nd race I didnt pick my car choice very sensibly, and 3rd race, well its the big ring and im rubbish on the big ring, enough said. Cheers

TRIDENT GT
Season 1 Event 2 - 9.09.11 Results

Race 1 - ROME/Reverse
15 Laps, Production Cars - PP516.

1st = Norfolk Assassin - Nissan GT-R SpecV = 25
2nd = jamesybograt - Autobacs Garaiya = 18
3rd = PSN-OmniusALX - BMW 135i Coupe = 15
4th = ade3210 - Lotus Evora = 12
5th = MarkyParky79 - Subaru Impreza WRX STi = 10
DNS = BUCANPOWER
DNS = geordie139
DNS = WarriusZero

Race 2 - GRAND VALLEY EAST
15 Laps, 'Tarmac Rally' - BHP 355/KG 1230.

1st = jameysbograt - Subaru Impreza Rally Car '99 = 25
2nd = BUCHANPOWER - Mitsubishi CZ-3 = 18
3rd = Norfolk_Assassin - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo S = 15
4th = WarriusZero - Citroen C4 WRC = 12
5th = geordie139 - Lancia Delta HF = 10
6th = PSN-OmniusALX - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI = 8
7th = ade3210 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo S = 6
DNF = MarkyPark79.

Race 3 - NORDSCHLEIFE 20:10
3 Laps, Production Cars - PP583.

1st = jameysbograt - Nissan R390 GT1 Road = 25
2nd = Norfolk_Assassin - Nissan GT-R = 18
3rd = PSN-OmniusALX - Nissan GT-R SpecV = 15
4th = WarriusZero - Ferrari 458 Italia = 12
5th = ade3210 - Audi RS6 Avant = 10
6th = BUCANPOWER - Ford GT = 8 (Special Award)
DNF = geordie139.
DNS = MarkyPark79.

Current Standings - (After 2 Events)

1st = PSN-OmniusALX = 76pts.
2nd = WarriusZero = 74pts.
3rd = jameysbograt = 68 pts.
4th = ade3210 = 58 pts.
4th = Norfolk_Assassin = 58 pts.
5th = BUCHANPOWER = 56pts.
6th = geordie139 = 43pts.
7th = R063R_GL4560W = 40 pts.
8th = MarkyParky79 = 10 pts.

(Special Award) goes to BUCHANPOWER as the points were already accounted for by geordie139, but reason known only to him, he left the race with only a few corners to go!....so to recognise that BUCHANPOWER had another emergency to attend to, and he drove well to get from 6th to 2nd before he had to leave, 6th place points are awarded.

Race 2 was not without incident. Having reviewed the replay, the collision on lap 3 with WarriusZero and ade3210 has been decided that there will be no penalty. Ade was defending the line, slamed the door a bit too much in Warrius' face, but the resulting spin by Ade was decided that it was driver error rather than the fact Warrius kept on the track and appeared to 'push' Ade - both cars were clear of each other within enough time before Ade span. If anything Ade spinning was enough of a penalty.

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Updates for the 16th will go live on Monday as I am away this weekend 👍[/FONT]

Last edited:
Excellent fun tonight, thanks for the racing. 1st race was my favorite and watching the replay the battle for 2nd 3rd and 4th was epic for the first 10 laps.
Assassin ran away with it though. 2nd race I didnt pick my car choice very sensibly, and 3rd race, well its the big ring and im rubbish on the big ring, enough said. Cheers

I second that!

Really good fun, brilliant 1st and 2nd races! Some class battles!! Just get stuck in to the last race, its there to act as an equaliser, not only on the track, but in gaining those much needed points! Who has the stamina to nail the 3 laps :D 👍

CONFIRMED DRIVER LIST - TRIDENT GT 16.09.11

PSN-OmniusALX
ade3210
Norfolk_Assassin
BUCHANPOWER
WarriusZero
Jameysbograt
R063R_GL4560W

Last edited:
Back