CORE GT Series | RETURNING IN GT6!

• Thread starter OmniusGT
  • 4,439 comments
That me confirming for this Friday night!! My better half has no plans for me so it looks like a night of racing for me...bout bloody time too!

I seem to remember racing a previous incarnation of the Northumberland Park track when we first met online Stephen?

Better wake up properly and get some practice...wiped out a bit after 14 nightshift:-(

This is a new version, from scratch, as the updates to GT5 'changed' certain things meaning that you had to basically start again with your custom tracks (they were altered to fit in with the new updates so I scrapped them and started again)

Managed to get a few hours of practice in last night, so got some cars chosen and tinkered with for the planned races.

Good track Stephen!! It will make for some very close competitive racing I bet...no run off areas and some wicked crests to contend with.

Thanks to the guys for adding me yesterday once PSN was back up and running, I tink ive missed a few out but will endeavour to add you all soon.

Gonna have a few hours practice tonight then probably play some LA Noire for a bit. See you all on the track tomorrow night!!

Managed to get a few hours of practice in last night, so got some cars chosen and tinkered with for the planned races.

Good track Stephen!! It will make for some very close competitive racing I bet...no run off areas and some wicked crests to contend with.

Thanks to the guys for adding me yesterday once PSN was back up and running, I tink ive missed a few out but will endeavour to add you all soon.

Gonna have a few hours practice tonight then probably play some LA Noire for a bit. See you all on the track tomorrow night!!

Nice one matey!

See you Friday 👍

BUCHANPOWER
Still not downloaded the track been practicing on deep forest with 1.16 laps away to do the Ring now

What the hell are you using? And I hope your not cutting turn 4, 2 wheels over the line remember.

Live The Dream
What the hell are you using? And I hope your not cutting turn 4, 2 wheels over the line remember.

Are we talking about the run off just before the first tunnel/bridge?

If so, I was going to allow that area to be used only, but I'd forgotten to make that clear on my update...so if the general consensus is that it shouldn't be used, or is 'not right' to use it, then I'll go with the majority :)

👍

Damn if your posting 1:16s then I'm off the pace again:-(

What's the rules regarding cutting corners? No more than 2 wheels over/past the kerb?

Thats what it is normally, I'm just asking what everyone thinks about using the run off just before the first tunnel/bridge????

If we all can use it, would it cause any issues for anyone? Otherwise, like you say, 2 wheels on the track at all times

I'm happy to cut there if everyone else is, or not, it's no biggie.

Seems to be a lot of serious practice going on tho eh? lol

I'd be happy to cut it,frigging hate that corner anyway.
Hope Buchans leg pulling with 1.16's,i'm fooked otherwise,lol

My times was with cutting the corner before tunnel and yes I was joking about the time lol
Cutting the corner should be allowed as it's impossible to police

My times was with cutting the corner before tunnel and yes I was joking about the time lol
Cutting the corner should be allowed as it's impossible to police

Im glad you were joking, but I have spent nearly 2.5 million credits trying to get near that.:banghead:

Glad 1'16 is a bluff:scared::scared: as i could only get a low 1'17 .thought i wes going to crash and burn in the first race :lol:

jamesybograt
Glad 1'16 is a bluff:scared::scared: as i could only get a low 1'17 .thought i wes going to crash and burn in the first race :lol:

Im hoping your bluffing too as ive only been running 1'18's I think I should have spent more time trying different cars but as nearly every week guess what I'll be using in race 1 and 3? Lol

low 1'17 as a flyer is no bluff but 1'18s are the pace to be at .

my guess is a 4wheel drive japaneese car (am i close).

tonight i will be mostly in the fatherlands cars ZEEK HILE and so on !
(put that arm down bograt)

:)

jamesybograt
low 1'17 as a flyer is no bluff but 1'18s are the pace to be at .

my guess is a 4wheel drive japaneese car (am i close).

tonight i will be mostly in the fatherlands cars ZEEK HILE and so on !
(put that arm down bograt)

:)

You cant get any closer.

Thanks for the racing tonight guys. So much better racing other like minded folks rather than racing just the AI or randoms online.

My races for me went like this:

Race 1: I was fairly off the pace of most of the other guys despite spending a lot of time trying to get some good settings on my Impreza. However I didnt do too bad at the end of the day, but would have preferred to have placed higher.

Race 2: A cheeky wee short track with some very tricky corners on/after and mid crest (thanks Stephen!! Grrr). My tyres started to suffer towards the end as I havent really been using Sports Soft or raced 1 track for 15 laps before. However the 3rd I got I was well chuffed with. Some battles throughout the race and possibly some swapping of paint also;-) Stephen I tapped you about half way through the race on the start finish straight for which I apologise profusely!! As I think it set you back a fair bit.

Race 3: I thought I had the Nurburgring down but with that competition and those tyres I was nowhere!! My tyres were shot towards the end of the second lap and had to really back off on the corners.

Big props to Jamesybograt and BUCHANPOWER as you guys are F.A.S.T!!!

Like I said though really good racing from everyone. I wish I was able to participate more often but work and other things get in the way.

I will be back in 4wks time tho. CenterParcs next week then back to the rig for 2 weeks. So I will touch base for the programme when I can....

Stevie

TRIDENT GT
Season 1 Event 4 - 23.09.11 Results

Race 1 - DEEP FOREST RACEWAY
15 Laps, Production Cars - 424bhp, 1130Kg

1st = jamesybograt - BMW CLS = 25
2nd = BUCHANPOWER - Lotus Evora = 18
3rd = Norfolk_Assassin - Nissan GT-R = 15
4th = geordie139 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI = 12
5th = stanepoke - Subaru Impreza WRX STI = 10
6th = ade3210 - Nissan GT-R = 8
7th = PSN-OmniusALX - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV = 6
DNS = R063R_GL4560W

Race 2 - NORTHUMBERLAND PARK EAST
15 Laps, 'German Titans' Production Cars - PP545.

1st = BUCHANPOWER - BMW M5 = 25
2nd = jamesybograt - Mercedes SLS AMG = 18
3rd = stanepoke - Audi Le Mans Quattro = 15
4th = R063R_GL4560W - Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro = 12
5th = PSN-OmniusALX - BMW M3 Coupe = 10
6th = geordie139 - Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro = 8
7th = Norfolk_Assassin - Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro = 6
DNF = ade3210

Race 3 - NORDSCHLEIFE 5:40
3 Laps, Production Cars - PP568.

1st = geordie139 - Lamborghini Murcielago = 25
2nd = BUCHANPOWER - Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR = 18
3rd = jamesybograt - Mercedes SLR McLaren = 15
4th = R063R_GL4560W - Lamborghini Gallardo = 12
5th = PSN-OmniusALX - Subaru Impreza WRX STI C = 10
6th = stanepoke - Lamborghini Gallardo = 8
DNF = Norfolk_Assassin
DNS = ade3210

Current Standings - (After 4 Events)

1st = jameysbograt = 175 pts.
2nd = BUCHANPOWER = 165pts.
3rd = Norfolk_Assassin = 129 pts.
4th = PSN-OmniusALX = 126pts.
5th = geordie139 = 122pts.
6th = WarriusZero = 117pts.
7th = R063R_GL4560W = 96pts.
8th = ade3210 = 80pts.
9th = stanepoke = 33pts.
10th = MarkyParky79 = 10pts.

Another good night of racing! The debut of the NPS went well, and most of you enjoyed it! :ouch:

The Race Stewards are out!!! They are checking if the car stanepoke used in Race 2 is actually a 'Production Car' and not a one off 'Concept'......

Will stanepoke get a penalty on his first full race event??? :guilty:

Last edited:
In my defence I was clearly allowed to enter the race with the car....

I had bought an R8 at about 20:15hrs as it had dawned on me that I may not be allowed to enter with the Le Mans Edition, but it was nowhere near set up for the race.

However if its deemed to be an illegal car then no worries...with my participation rate I really dont think it will matter!!

TRIDENT GT
Season 1 Event 4 - 23.09.11 Results

Race 1 - DEEP FOREST RACEWAY
15 Laps, Production Cars - 424bhp, 1130Kg

1st = jamesybograt - BMW CLS = 25
2nd = BUCHANPOWER - Lotus Evora = 18
3rd = Norfolk_Assassin - Nissan GT-R = 15
4th = geordie139 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI = 12
5th = stanepoke - Subaru Impreza WRX STI = 10
6th = ade3210 - Nissan GT-R = 8
7th = PSN-OmniusALX - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV = 6
DNS = R063R_GL4560W

Race 2 - NORTHUMBERLAND PARK EAST
15 Laps, 'German Titans' Production Cars - PP545.

1st = BUCHANPOWER - BMW M5 = 25
2nd = jamesybograt - Mercedes SLS AMG = 18
3rd = stanepoke - Audi Le Mans Quattro = 15
4th = R063R_GL4560W - Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro = 12
5th = PSN-OmniusALX - BMW M3 Coupe = 10
6th = geordie139 - Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro = 8
7th = Norfolk_Assassin - Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro = 6
DNF = ade3210

Race 3 - NORDSCHLEIFE 5:40
3 Laps, Production Cars - PP568.

1st = geordie139 - Lamborghini Murcielago = 25
2nd = BUCHANPOWER - Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR = 18
3rd = jamesybograt - Mercedes SLR McLaren = 15
4th = R063R_GL4560W - Lamborghini Gallardo = 12
5th = PSN-OmniusALX - Subaru Impreza WRX STI C = 10
6th = stanepoke - Lamborghini Gallardo = 8
DNF = Norfolk_Assassin
DNS = ade3210

Gutted I had to retire.

Last edited:
not trying to make excuses by any means........but, omnius - is there a different setting you use for these races? i ask coz i have a significant drop in grip when going from my practices thru the week to the final race. last week for the wet high speed ring i had practiced in the right tyre in both the wet and the dry, prepared for come what may. then the actual race felt like ice rather than surface water! lol. maybe everyone is suffering this..... are you all??? and the custom track tonight - i was able to churn out consistent low 0:53's while practicing, flat thru corners 1 and 2, but in the actual race i had oversteer every lap after the first corner going up the hill unless i lifted.

on another note, all you guys with wheels - talk to me. im considering getting one. my girlfriend bought me a DFGT for Christmas past and i H-A-T-E-D it... when the back of car went and i tried to correct it, nothing happened. so when i turned opposite a bit more, the car violently flicks the other direction and i end up grazing in a field somewhere. the DFGT was returned to the shop before NYE. are all the wheels like that? am i just not used to it and it takes a bit of time, practice and patience?

not trying to make excuses by any means........but, omnius - is there a different setting you use for these races? i ask coz i have a significant drop in grip when going from my practices thru the week to the final race. last week for the wet high speed ring i had practiced in the right tyre in both the wet and the dry, prepared for come what may. then the actual race felt like ice rather than surface water! lol. maybe everyone is suffering this..... are you all??? and the custom track tonight - i was able to churn out consistent low 0:53's while practicing, flat thru corners 1 and 2, but in the actual race i had oversteer every lap after the first corner going up the hill unless i lifted.

on another note, all you guys with wheels - talk to me. im considering getting one. my girlfriend bought me a DFGT for Christmas past and i H-A-T-E-D it... when the back of car went and i tried to correct it, nothing happened. so when i turned opposite a bit more, the car violently flicks the other direction and i end up grazing in a field somewhere. the DFGT was returned to the shop before NYE. are all the wheels like that? am i just not used to it and it takes a bit of time, practice and patience?

What you are experiencing is the 'difference' in the offline vs online handling that GT seems to have, some car setups can vary drastically when used online, I believe its a well known thing.....:ouch:

As for wheels, I know lots of people will say the more you spend the better the wheel, but for me (and I've used each Logitech wheel released for the PS) Started with the original Driving Force (the blue one) on my PS2 then upgraded to the Driving Force Pro....used that for a little while on my PS3 until the brake pedal went (always on by 5%) then upgraded to the DFGT when GT5P came out.

Granted the G25 and 27 came out around the same time as the PS wheels, but I've never considered them as I prefer to stick with wheels that are 'dedicated' to the console, even though they have 'extras' and made from better materials, its the lack of PlayStation dedicated buttons that put me off and I constantly read on forums from G25 and 27 owners crying out to PD to 'fully support' the G wheels, so I'll just stick to my DFGT.

As for how they feel, its probably because I've used one of these wheels for that long, I'm totally used to how they drive and what feedback I get, to know what the car is doing, you probably just needed to stick with the wheel a bit longer thats all :)

In GT5 I run my wheel with max feedback to make the wheel nice and 'heavy' plus I have all the settings towards the 'simulation' mode where applicable. As for MR and FR cars overstearing, its all about throttle control and believe me you will 'feel' it in the wheel when the car is just about to flip out on you for you to correct it as you would in a real car.

Last edited:
Back