CREDIT GRIND - WTC 600 Tokyo Express - Glitches are Dead.

• Thread starter Grimm6Jack
  • 2,427 comments
@Mudda Chod .Despite sounding bad,with CM and RH tyres,this is actually pretty good,once you get past the first lap the car picks up.Like you said no lap records but it is a nice steady win,add a manual cust trans and the PP drops further.
I tried the same combo of tyres on my Castrol Tom supra,757hp,and ballast to 1350kg,again with the manual trans with a bit of fettling this could be a good option as well.So fast on that long straight,fuel consumption isnt too bad either but needs a little messing to get to lap 8 for fuel.However if you try to change tyres they only allow CM.lol.
I ony did a few laps with each car,in between watching my bike racing,hopefully get to have a proper go later or tomorrow.Good tip from you.

@Mudda Chod
thats some interesting and original tune, gonna try that later. I saw before that changing front and rear tires has different effects on PP, but i never used it because you can't change them into different types. for a 0 stop race this works of course, i'm a bit worried though because my driving tends to cut through tires a lot haha. We will see. i saw someone mentioning GrB Road Cars before, so those might work too.

Edit:
Ok i did this, but i couldn't convince myself to use comforts, so i used SH all the way and reduced power. Then i used FM1 on straight and FM6 on the rest and could so with no stop. I think my gearbox was bad, so i only reached 275kmh on straight, but i could win in 27:34, which is quite ok for me. SH were half white after 12 laps. Thanks for this idea. :)

Last edited:
@Mudda Chod
thats some interesting and original tune, gonna try that later. I saw before that changing front and rear tires has different effects on PP, but i never used it because you can't change them into different types. for a 0 stop race this works of course, i'm a bit worried though because my driving tends to cut through tires a lot haha. We will see. i saw someone mentioning GrB Road Cars before, so those might work too.

Edit:
Ok i did this, but i couldn't convince myself to use comforts, so i used SH all the way and reduced power. Then i used FM1 on straight and FM6 on the rest and could so with no stop. I think my gearbox was bad, so i only reached 275kmh on straight, but i could win in 27:34, which is quite ok for me. SH were half white after 12 laps. Thanks for this idea. :)
Yes,it opens up quite a few more cars to use,a few Gr3 cars,im sure there are others.Just makes it a little more fun which is what the game should be about.

I love 3 of the 4 grinding races. But not Tokyo. I hate it. What would be the best cars to win easy (on hard difficulty) which are also easy/fun to drive. It took me half a year to not hate LeMans. I now hope to fall in love with Tokyo too, somehow.
2 Suzuki by Praiano

Escudo Pikes Peak
Cappuccino

Escudo is very easy to drive
Cappuccino is faster but a little more difficult to dominate

both easy win with more than 1 minute to the second place (Hard level)

if you have the Escudo, that is the choice.

Yes,it opens up quite a few more cars to use,a few Gr3 cars,im sure there are others.
I guess it depends, i tried to use a Toms Supra that way, but it was either much too slow on straight or on the rest. I tried comfort + racing and only comfort tires, couldn't find a working setup and was too lazy trying more, lol. playing around with tuning settings is not much fun for me.

I guess it depends, i tried to use a Toms Supra that way, but it was either much too slow on straight or on the rest. I tried comfort + racing and only comfort tires, couldn't find a working setup and was too lazy trying more, lol. playing around with tuning settings is not much fun for me.
The Toms supra will hit 190mph on the straight,this is with a high rpm turbo and manual transmission,running CM front and RH rear.Just need to tinker with the gear ratios.

2 Suzuki by Praiano

Escudo Pikes Peak
Cappuccino

Escudo is very easy to drive
Cappuccino is faster but a little more difficult to dominate

both easy win with more than 1 minute to the second place (Hard level)

if you have the Escudo, that is the choice.
Thanks. Have no engines to swap. But forgot about the Escudo. Only used it for Sardegna 800.

Bring it on. 👍

Ok... Here's a surprising tune for Tokyo which might suit the Auto Trans fan club... @Habla2k, for a challenge and/or some fun.

It's the Audi e-tron VGT!

Tokyo etron Finish.jpg

Tokyo etron Lap 12.jpg

Being EV & 4x4 it handles like a dream, and with the power reduction to 600PP it is certainly underpowered but IMO the BEST HANDLING car in this event.

BUT.....It's massively frustrating and somewhat difficult to win, because you have to deal with the incredibly stupid AI for all 12 laps.

The e-tron tops out at 160km/hr so you will need to use slipstream on the straight.

Regenerate the battery in the corners by keeping the accelerator pressed as much as possible whilst braking, and start to brake earlier than necessary on the two tight corners at either end of the straight, otherwise it will probably run out of charge on lap 12. On one run I ran out of battery approx 200m from the finish line, but luckily coasted through for the win (only to get slammed by Suswillo and Kokubun seconds later... Lol!! (see pic)

For that reason you cannot add ballast to the tune. The only way to make the distance is to reduce power (to achieve 600 PP), rather than adding ballast, so the car uses less battery, but then suffers greatly due to lack of speed on the straight.
Also there's no point in using lesser tyres (I tried many combinations) because it's not possible to increase the power and still make the distance. Being VGT, no upgrades are available. One of the surprising features of the tune is that I found it faster overall to minimise the rear downforce (which increased the PP) and then drop the power to get under 600PP. Even though the acceleration statistics appear worse it uses less battery and tyres, handled fine and was equally able to hold the same speed on the straight.

This tune makes use of the "RH on the back" feature. Other combinations are possible but I found this to be the best.

Tokyo etron Tune1.jpg

Tokyo etron Tune2.jpg

Some tips for the win...

1. Lap 1 is tricky, so turn on ASM and Countersteering to help with the puddles. I turned ASM off after a few laps but honestly I don't think it makes much difference.

2. Try to get in behind Blazsan on lap one and stay there for as many laps as possible, because his Porche is one of the few cars you can keep up with when accelerating out of the hairpin.

3. As mentioned regenerate the battery in the corners by keeping the accelerator pressed as much as possible whilst braking, and start to brake earlier than necessary on the two tight corners at either end of the straight,

4. I think it's easier on 1 Chilli, but the AI is soooo randomly stupid it's hard to tell. The win is possible on both Easy & Hard

5. After the AI pit on lap 7/8, you should have a small lead. Defend it like a divorce lawyer and do not let the missiles get through at the end of the straight... You WILL need get your hands dirty. The e-tron is a dive-bombing weapon and will still make it around the corner under hard brakes. You will not lose your Clean Race Bonus if you happen to "accidently" push Kokubun into the wall on T1. Apparently. According to a friend. Who may have done this :mischievous:

6. If you don't get a good position on lap 1 then restart, the e-tron is not fast enough to make up for mistakes or penalties.

8. Enjoy the challenge. Please like and subscribe :lol:

Tokyo etron slam.jpg

Last edited:
for a challenge and/or some fun
to be honest, this sounds a lot more like a challenge than fun. :D

but you reminded me, that i wanted to try the Porsche EV (taycan?) on tokyo, which is just a bit over 600.

this one, i'll pass, sorry, but your race description sounds horrible to me :P

still very interesting and surprising tune, i used the audi for the VGT Races and it was nice.

Last edited:
to be honest, this sounds a lot more like a challenge than fun. :D

but you reminded me, that i wanted to try the Porsche EV (taycan?) on tokyo, which is just a bit over 600.

this one, i'll pass, sorry, but your race description sounds horrible to me :P

still very interesting and surprising tune, i used the audi for the VGT Races and it was nice.
Yeah. From memory the Porche EV won't make 12 laps. Unfortunately there's no way to the change the gearing/top speed, and also can't fit a turbo! Lol

You can't pit with EVs? And i think even without another gearbox, it still reaches 260 kmh, so better than 160. :D
I'll try it again, but from memory it's not so fast once you nerf the PP to 600, and even then it still won't make the distance :-(

I tried many EVs and the Audi e-tron was the only one that could do it at 600 PP. But I might have missed something so I will check again. The cornering is so good on these EVs (with decent tyres) it would be awesome if we could find a guaranteed grind... Finally make some use of cars that are otherwise unused. BTW, it's worth doing 3-4 laps in the e-tron, just to feel it... Forget trying to win, just test it out on lap 3 or 4 in the windy parts and take note of the short braking distance, and full throttle cornering... Awesome fun to drive

Last edited:
The cornering is so good on these EVs
Yes, they drive really good and have fantastic acceleration. It's really sad that you can't use them so much, especially for grinding because all of those races are long time. I really enjoyed the porsche EV in the porsche cup and the Audi in the VGT cup, maybe i'll do some of the shoter races again in some EVs, to have them all.

Btw.is there a list of all cars anywhere that can be sorted by pp or engine and other things? I'd like to know all cars from 500-600pp stock or all EVs for example.

350kmh down the straight
Nice, i could reach 345 with an engine swapped M3 stock with Turbo (medium i think). It's nice to just fly away from Suswillo.

Btw.is there a list of all cars anywhere that can be sorted by pp or engine and other things? I'd like to know all cars from 500-600pp stock or all EVs for example.
I found one, if anyone else is looking:

Last edited:
Posted about the Porsche VGTs in the non glitch thread.
Coupe #695 (Front heavy more understeer run)
Spyder #738 (Rear heavy some oversteer run)
If interested in EV:)

They won by pure acceleration force(cornering good enough to keep the pace)

I think VGTs need too much detune for me to work. But the Porsche Taycan has 601pp, so it might only need a little and can still be fast. But of course, if the battery is out on lap 8, thats a problem, lol.

I will try some Gr.4 cars though, i did the Huracan and it was nice.

Last edited:
Any melody for Alpine VGT? It is the only car that can run 12 laps without refueling and with almost whole tires
Interesting. Standard tuning and it's an easy win under 27 min. Looks amazing too, in the replay.

[btw, what do you mean "It is the only car that can run 12 laps without refueling"?]

Very good news for the Auto fans, and the anti-glitch crew... The Alpine VGT is a winner.
@Habla2k

183e80be6a619-3f960A3A036C9852AAF.72BF90DC9279FEB0_message_426507014840914_1666043026722.jpg

The fuel range on the Alpine VGT is impressive. It easily manages full race distance at full power. Top speed is over 300 km/hr and the braking distance is also good. Unfortunately it corners like a school bus, due to the need for Comfort tyres.

I went with the ol' CM-RH combo which nicely slips under the 600 PP. TCS on 5 for lap one, then 3 for lap two and then turn it off.

183e80dcb5f68-3f960A3A036C9852AAF.72BF90DC9279FEB0_message_426507054200372_1666043180470.jpg

183e80c3adb21-3f960A3A036C9852AAF.72BF90DC9279FEB0_message_426507008254525_1666043000994.jpg

Last edited:
I think VGTs need too much detune for me to work. But the Porsche Taycan has 601pp, so it might only need a little and can still be fast. But of course, if the battery is out on lap 8, thats a problem, lol.

I will try some Gr.4 cars though, i did the Huracan and it was nice.
NSX Gr4 is another good one,SH,high rpm turbo,a bit of ballast and manual custom trans,you will need to tinker with the gearing to get the best speed on the straight.I did it with a non stop a while back,safe win.

Tried one of my Le Mans rotary rockets for this. Just slapped on SH, clicked front aero one notch down and changed f/r camber from -3 to -2. Ran FM6 on the main straight only. FM1 everywhere else and on the last lap(was at 1.9 laps and finished with .3 laps). Anti-roll bar is a bit high, but it’s that high for when the track starts drying.
Probably adjust top speed, as it tops out at 288km/h on FM6(300km/h on FM1). Nothing special, just a nice drive for me.

I was 2.5 seconds ahead of the NSX , but at the final turn exit, the computer decides I should have less grip, right at that time, to allow the NSX to catch up. :rolleyes: Car was stable all race.
442A8CCB-9CB2-4F0D-BF0C-22AF41832A4A.jpeg
BA569338-524D-4EA8-ACB2-57BDCADD822C.jpeg
2E6AB248-C090-454D-87E5-5A54E41F705C.jpeg
82EC56E2-E0C9-46EE-8AD8-2025AC901D48.jpeg

Ran FM6 on the main straight only. FM1 everywhere else
Funny, usually i do this switched, FM1 for straight, so no one catches up too much and FM3+ for the rest because you don't need that much power on the corners. At least that was my idea behind it.

Funny, usually i do this switched, FM1 for straight, so no one catches up too much and FM3+ for the rest because you don't need that much power on the corners. At least that was my idea behind it.
For this car, it was FM1 to about 240km/h and switched to FM6, as it’s A high revving car with high rpm turbo, I need maximum acceleration. I don’t want to burn too much fuel in FM1, that’s why I use it that way. Then, coast and switch back to FM1, before the T1 ramp. Through the esses, I’m on and off the throttle through the turns. Torque is low. So, I’m saving fuel with the momentum and handling and aero. Pretty much 4th and 5th gear until the toll plaza.

If I used a car with high torque, there‘s so much grunt, no need to rev hard.

Of course I finally work out a no stop Sardegna strategy a day before an update will probably break it..ah well may as well post it anyway hahaha

Get yourself the Mazda LM55 VGT (not the GR.1 version) and buy power and weight adjusters,
Then lower it's front downforce fully, raise its rear downforce to 1787, lower both power output levels to 70% and have 1oikg of ballast set to 11 positioning, gears can go to 350 top speed to maintain good fuel economy, and brake bias to full rear!
Then run the race at fuel map 6, you should be able to get a few 1:42s if your a really good driver unlike me!

If anyone can further optimise it I would love to hear about it!

Last edited:
Back