CREDIT GRIND - WTC 600 Tokyo Express - Glitches are Dead.

• Thread starter Grimm6Jack
  • 2,427 comments
I agree that it's frustrating, but actually I'm enjoying the challenge (to get the quickest race time without Tomahawk)

Have you turned on all the assists? Including display of the braking zone? TCS 5, ASC & Countersteering.

For all these tunes (in combination with the wet track) the car handling is questionable, and, braking zones are massively long, and corner speed is slow...

Positive things to remember...
1. Cr 825,000 is worth the grind
2. Clean race bonus is not lost if you hit the wall, or a backmarker, so just get clear of the field on the first lap and then race yourself
Oh, I can drive it just fine if I'm in the right mindset. It's just the heavy damage stacked with the ridiculously huge time penalties if I make the smallest slip up. I'm okay with losing some time if I make a mistake, but this race takes it overboard and I just can't stand it.

It's just not a fun experience for me. I just have to stick to the other three and hope that PD eventually adds some good events someday. I think I'll play other games until then.

if you have that, you can only use the tune with sports hard, that are around. crankshaft and racing soft never gets you <600pp.

If you use manual shifting, yes.

You can do < 26min racetime with audi R8? That's impressive, i was barely able to win with it.

No no, I was saying that I was able to do sub-26's with the Alpine. The R8 I was definitely going slower.

So far I've done 1 and 2 stops in the Alpine. The 1 stop was about 5 seconds quicker over race distance, just need to be a little more careful with the tires.

nice, but i don't think my driving style will make RMs last 12 laps, lol. they are almost half after 6 laps and later laps reduce them even more. Gonna try though, because with A220 you can emergency pit in lap 10 or 11 and still win by a mile.

@Max_HP
i tried one stop, FM4 was barely enough, but after lap 10 my left rear tire was almost full red so i made a stop for tires.

Last edited:
Did you try this?

Not yet, but I will give it a try. On an interesting side note, these last 2 days I've played this race to complete daily workout I got back to back 6-star tickets.....both were engine swaps (Escudo and Hellcat engines).

Decided to try running it with the Rotarchino. WAYYY too twitchy for my liking....and I end up being slower anyway. The Alpine is twitchy for about the first lap. This thing is twitchy the whole time, even if I turn on ASM and Countersteer assist. It was fun to try, but I'll stick with the Alpine for grindage duties.

Damn right, congrats to everyone who can lap the entire field in that thing :) I tried with only ABS 1 / TC 1 and it was twitchy as hell. Managed to get around 26 mins so I rather stick with the DP-100.

Nope, the glitches are very much alive for this race. I just ran 26 minutes in a glitch tuned car with no stops. That same car has a standard tuning that can win also.
Believe it or not, the Cappuccino is capable of winning this race also.
My recommendation specifically for Tokyo is look into Ferrari and Lamborghini. EDIT: I'm seeing that Ford has a few good entries for this race. Based on real life experience I'm not sure the Raptor could win, but it's worth a try!
You don't need the invitation cars or anything crazy expensive. Focus on basic stuff, maybe a couple of sports upgrades. You'll need a restrictor, a full control computer, and aero parts. Don't forget about GT Auto when you're tuning! Their mods do have an effect on PP and most can be reversed if necessary. You'll also want a full set of the category of tires you're running on. It's possible to run some tunes on racing tires. The track is wet, and the rain tires offered award you fewer PPs than even hard tires do. Intermediates have better grip on all surfaces than any comfort or sport tire.
Last, get used to taking the S turns flat out or close to it. You need to stay above 100 MPH (around 140 km/h, I think) on this section of track, and I've seen 150+ on some of the turns when I take them properly even in a non glitched car. Use the entire width of the track. If you use assists, learn which turns they hinder you on.

Last edited:
The only problem with these glitches is you know pd will try and patch them,they just dont seem to like to see people having fun with the game.The tomahawk i can understand them patching,but raising PP levels for some cars is beyond my reasoning,where do they get these calculations from.

everyones ability is different though
thats true, but mine are really not great, i mostly use all assists and TC 5 and i can't hold up to most of the times they do in stock cars, but i can win with a few seconds lead. of course, any penalty means i lose.

M3 swapped should work on stock, it was really nice to drive. also, the Corvette C7 was nice and fast on straight. on other stock cars i couldn't even catch the other cars, so not all of them work for me.

check out this list:

nice, but i don't think my driving style will make RMs last 12 laps, lol. they are almost half after 6 laps and later laps reduce them even more. Gonna try though, because with A220 you can emergency pit in lap 10 or 11 and still win by a mile.

@Max_HP
i tried one stop, FM4 was barely enough, but after lap 10 my left rear tire was almost full red so i made a stop for tires.
Sounds like you're driving too aggressive resulting in premature tyre wear.
Once you get a feel of the car and find the clean lines, the tyres will last 12 laps. If you hear the tyres screeching too much during a turn, then you're not driving on the most efficient line. Turn on racing lines and follow that, if you're having trouble.
It's what real race car drivers do to look after the tyres to get the most out of a set.
FM4 is the most optimal to complete the 12 laps without running out of fuel, from my testing.
On FM4, I still had fuel for another lap after the race finished. I dunno how you're out of fuel?:confused:

On FM4, I still had fuel for another lap after the race finished. I dunno how you're out of fuel?
Maybe my driving style is also more fuel instensive, no idea what else can affect fuel consumption.

i already use all of the assisting systems like racing lines and breaking areas, maybe i'm driving some corners too fast so the tires lose more substance. But it's okay, i'll just do one stop and don't need to worry. :)

Sounds like you're driving too aggressive resulting in premature tyre wear.
Once you get a feel of the car and find the clean lines, the tyres will last 12 laps. If you hear the tyres screeching too much during a turn, then you're not driving on the most efficient line. Turn on racing lines and follow that, if you're having trouble.
It's what real race car drivers do to look after the tyres to get the most out of a set.
FM4 is the most optimal to complete the 12 laps without running out of fuel, from my testing.
On FM4, I still had fuel for another lap after the race finished. I dunno how you're out of fuel?:confused:

On this subject, it's useful to put the tyre sounds effects to +5 and others engines to -5.

In most cars significant savings can be gained in both fuel and tyres by short shifting i.e. Less spinning of tyres. For some cars (with lots of torque), the lap times are not affected much (or it's actually faster e.g. Gr3 Corvette C7, Supra, Veyron, DP 100), and when you consider it takes around 2 seconds to pump enough fuel for one lap....sometimes less is more..

Edit: I just remembered that you are using Auto gearbox.... It really is worth taking 30 minutes of your life, to convert to manual shifting. The benefits are significant. I found the easiest way to change was to take a car that's nice to drive and a track that's simple (maybe Corvette C7 on Monza, or Blue Moon) and just grind for 20 minutes... Pretty soon it becomes muscle memory and you won't have to think about it.

Also it's well known that controllers chew through tyres faster than a wheel. I guess because of the many frequent small movements rather than one smooth movement

Last edited:
Great tune as always. Managed to do 25:21:00 and with best lap 1:58:650 on controller (DS4) tho, I am too lazy these days to set and use my wheel with this game (It is the only sim/sim-arcade in which I play and PD really let me down in last 7 months). Sadly I am clueless when it comes to tuning so I won't be able to tweak this for better results.

The only thing I changed was BB to -5 front because +5 rear destroys rear tires.

Anyway - great work as always.

Last edited:
It really is worth taking 30 minutes of your life
Learning to do manual shift takes way more than 30 minutes, i have tried before, but i can't adapt. I rather make a pitstop than learn to shift, haha.
Also it's well known that controllers chew through tyres faster than a wheel. I guess because of the many frequent small movements rather than one smooth movement
Oh interesseting, i try to only gently use the stick but this makes sense.

Edit: I just remembered that you are using Auto gearbox.... It really is worth taking 30 minutes of your life, to convert to manual shifting. The benefits are significant. I found the easiest way to change was to take a car that's nice to drive and a track that's simple (maybe Corvette C7 on Monza, or Blue Moon) and just grind for 20 minutes... Pretty soon it becomes muscle memory and you won't have to think about it.

Grinding for credits is all about doing the least in the quickest time possible, is a 🤬 chore and the less I have to do the better. And not having to change gears is one less thing I have to do and worry about.
I did the whole race on the A220 with no pits for fresh rubber, so yeah, I'm doing fine with tyre conservation on a controller.
And with this new tune on RM's, my time has dropped into the 24mins.

If they fix A220, i will go for BMW M3 stock engine swapped, or Lambo Huracan Gr.4 non stop or praianos subaru impreza 99 600pp. Those are the easiest for me atm.

Managed this in the F40 on a no-stopper (FM3) SHs, stock but power restricted to 600PP. Not gonna be the quickest if that's your dig. But a nailed on win.

Last edited:
Managed this in the F40 on a no-stopper (FM3) SHs, stock but power restricted to 600PP. Not gonna be the quickest if that's your dig. But a nailed on win.
It is good straight out of the box,i think i swapped to a manual cust trans to drop the pp a little,cant remember for sure as its ages since i ran it.Time to fire it up again i think,thanks for the reminder. 👍

I love 3 of the 4 grinding races. But not Tokyo. I hate it. What would be the best cars to win easy (on hard difficulty) which are also easy/fun to drive. It took me half a year to not hate LeMans. I now hope to fall in love with Tokyo too, somehow.

I love 3 of the 4 grinding races. But not Tokyo. I hate it. What would be the best cars to win easy (on hard difficulty) which are also easy/fun to drive. It took me half a year to not hate LeMans. I now hope to fall in love with Tokyo too, somehow.

I hear you. I've always hated the Tokyo tracks, and rain. But I've been running this race a lot recently, testing cars, and found it to be quite fun, also considering that the credit reward is worthwhile.

Probably the easiest win is Aston Martin DP-100. Just drop the tyres, put top speed to 430 and ECU reduction to get 600PP. As usual, the first lap can be tricky, because of the wet track, but it dries quickly so from lap 2 or 3 you can start to push it... Aston DP-100 will do the full race without a stop (with the hard tyres) and no need for Fuel saving, EXCEPT you have to short shift around 6,500 rpm.

If you have a Cappuccino (from Used Cars) and an Rx7 engine swap, it's currently the fastest over the 12 laps, but it's kinda tricky to do without crashing.

If you want the easiest drive, I found a de-tuned Group B WRX was phenomenal. It lacks acceleration on the straight and takes a few laps to get into the lead, but is an easy win in the end

Also i am not shifting manually
Don't even try the Aston Martin on automatic, not worth it, loses too much power. That one only really works with manual shifting.

Can try a Huracan Gr.4 slightly detuned for 600pp, that one can do a no stop race on FM2 or 3. Also BMW m3 03 with engine swap has a lot of power and can win in several ways.

If you want to glitch, the A220 on RM tires is the fastest way, beside the capuccino atm.
I found a de-tuned Group B WRX was phenomenal
Do you have the tune or more details by any chance?

Do you have the tune or more details by any chance?

Sure. I've just run this with the Auto transmission, to make sure it works. Haven't used Auto for years so it was fun to revisit... And I also rediscovered just how much fun this setup is....

Group B WRX can get 600PP on Comfort Hard or Comfort Medium Tyres, OR..... (drumroll)..... There's a cool option with Comfort Medium on the Front and RACING HARD on the Back..... Yeah baby!! Comes in at 599 PP and runs full race distance, albeit that lap 1 is a bit slippery.

Most 4x4s on Tokyo tend to burn the fronts, so you can set Brake Balance all the way to the back, which helps to get it around the corners. You can use Fuel Mix on 5 or 4 pretty much all the way, but I also found it faster to change to FM1 for the first half of the straight, to ensure the Auti shifts to 6th gear, then dial it back to FM 6 or 5 for a while to recover the fuel through the windy section of track) which also saves tyres. Slipstream Suswillo or Gallo for a few laps if you can. Then once they pit, you have a clean run home.

Because this was my first run on Auto some of the gear changes were unexpected and I used more tyres than necessary. At first the fronts wear more, but at the track dries the rear wear is increased and by the end of lap 12 the rear tyres were completely gone.... Nevertheless the WRX is amazingly stable and was easily able to finish the race (I adjusted BB to 0 on lap 12, just to be sure). If this is repeatedly the case it might be better to use BB 4 rather than 5.

Anyway this build is fun, for the win with great handling, on auto or manual. Certainly not the fastest, but it's not a glitch build, nor an engine swap. (by the way, the full race on Comfort Hards is also possible).

Enjoy

Tokyo WRX Setup 1.jpg

Tokyo WRX Setup 2.jpg

Tokyo WRX Lap 1.jpg
Tokyo WRX Lap 6.jpg
Tokyo WRX Lap 12 a.jpg
Tokyo WRX Lap 12 b.jpg
Tokyo WRX Lap 12 c.jpg
Tokyo WRX Finish.jpg

Back