CREDIT GRIND - WTC 600 Tokyo Express - Glitches are Dead.

• Thread starter Grimm6Jack
  • 2,427 comments
Of course I finally work out a no stop Sardegna strategy a day before an update will probably break it..ah well may as well post it anyway hahaha

Get yourself the Mazda LM55 VGT (not the GR.1 version) and buy power and weight adjusters,
Then lower it's front downforce fully, raise its rear downforce to 1787, lower both power output levels to 70% and have 1oikg of ballast set to 11 positioning, gears can go to 350 top speed to maintain good fuel economy,
Then run the race at fuel map 6, you should be able to get a few 1:42s if your a really good driver unlike me!

If anyone can further optimise it I would love to hear about it!
Woah, awesome!

Yes we are all a bit worried that our tunes are about to be nerfed. Again.

Ah well, if so, then we'll have fun finding the next weakest link... (like the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park movie)

Last edited:
Of course I finally work out a no stop Sardegna strategy a day before an update will probably break it..ah well may as well post it anyway hahaha

Get yourself the Mazda LM55 VGT (not the GR.1 version) and buy power and weight adjusters,
Then lower it's front downforce fully, raise its rear downforce to 1787, lower both power output levels to 70% and have 1oikg of ballast set to 11 positioning, gears can go to 350 top speed to maintain good fuel economy,
Then run the race at fuel map 6, you should be able to get a few 1:42s if your a really good driver unlike me!

If anyone can further optimise it I would love to hear about it!
I Had a tune for the engine swapped Mazda RX7 that could do Sardegna with no stops. I Haven't done it for a while. I Will check later if it still works.

A smaller update with 4 cars?
I only found this:

Are you sure it's the next major update? Aren't those at the beginning of a month?

I only found this:

Are you sure it's the next major update? Aren't those at the beginning of a month?
Major GT7 updates so far have always been towards the end of the month.

I only found this:

You can no-stop with A220 with RM tune.
Buy brake balance controller (do this even if you don’t want to no stop!) and set to -5 (front).

IMO the breaking distance is the same, but this seemed to get rid of the unstable breaking big time!

I did this to see if it reduced the rear tire wear (I guess a bit not as much as I thought as they were almost same ratio as 0 brake balance)

You can play around with this, but I did L1&2 on FM5 L3-5 on FM4, L6-10 FM3 and L11&12 FM1. Crazy thing was I was within 0.5-1.5 seconds of my normal LT’s on FM1. First two laps surprisingly for me, I was getting faster lap times the two times I did this no stop attempt.

24:58.9x RT! That’s actually my all time fastest RT with the Alpine A220!!

Edit: Ok, I may be just imagining this, but I’ve done this race car and track combo countless times and really grinding lately to finish LCD cars. Last night I decided randomly to change tires and see if PP went up and was surprised it didn’t (did 19” wheels but can’t offset of wide rims).

Doing the race today I notice I forgot to pit end of lap 8 when my tires are normally close to being dead, and to my surprise they were much better than I recall. Did race again and same thing. Both races I pitted end of lap 9 because I wasn’t messing with fuel mix but tires had another 1-2 laps in them.

That’s when I tried brake balance because previously it would break the glitch. With it -5 I could finish all 12 laps

Last edited:
is tiresize anything different? I thought its just for style.
I have no idea and dont have time to "test" that hypothesis but it sure felt like my tires were lasting longer when I switched the tires to one of the non-standard ones and increased the wheel size. Very well can be a number of different factors and I did 2 more races last night and on the 2nd, my tires were a bit more worn out than the prior races. So maybe I was driving cleaner earlier? Probably the latter because otherwise it would have been posted in here already

:banghead: A220 tune with RM's is dead.
Gotta find a new one.
I had been using the new one without racing crankshaft that was nerfed. Checked old tune that could use RH's with the aero 50/198 and ballast set to 87 -50 and 96 for ECU & Restrictor and noticed it was sitting at like 610 PP. I switched tires to CM's and it dropped to like 559.

Alpine A220 Tune working this morning: Medium Turbo, Racing Intercooler & racing crank shaft
Tires: CM / CM (CS is +40 PP)
Aero: 127 / 200
ECU: 100
Ballast: 4 / -50
Power Restrictor: 100
Racing Trans (manual is 10 PP lower)
PP: 599.92

Edit: So after doing my first race.... is the drop-off in LT from RM to CM really ~15-seconds per lap??? Did this race last night on RM and fastest lap was 1:57.0xx and the 24:58 or something RT. This race my fastest LT was like 2:14x and RT was an abysmal 27:53.810. Only reason I won (and I've never lost using A220) was Gallo pitting end of lap 11! Acceleration and corner grip was terrible.

Let me know what you think. Maybe I just suck lol

Last edited:
I had been using the new one without racing crankshaft that was nerfed. Checked old tune that could use RH's with the aero 50/198 and ballast set to 87 -50 and 96 for ECU & Restrictor and noticed it was sitting at like 610 PP. I switched tires to CM's and it dropped to like 559.

Alpine A220 Tune working this morning: Medium Turbo, Racing Intercooler & racing crank shaft
Tires: CM / CM (CS is +40 PP)
Aero: 127 / 200
ECU: 100
Ballast: 4 / -50
Power Restrictor: 100
Racing Trans (manual is 10 PP lower)
PP: 599.92
The Rottuccino coffee grinder is faster and more fun anyway right?

Last edited:
The Rottuccino coffee grinder is faster and more fun anyway right?
I haven't tried that tune yet even though I have the engine and car for it. Maybe its time.

Ugh, I'm sitting on 11M cr. and only need to get the 250 GTO and BMW McLaren to finish off the collection (sans todays new cars)! Why'd they have to nerf that Tomahawk! I would probably be done with grinding by now and trying other areas of the game I've neglected since deciding to collect all the cars.

Randomly tried this race. I haven't been grinding it, but I noticed after a few errors, there were no wall tap penalties.

I don't know if this would affect the grinding strategies?

Randomly tried this race. I haven't been grinding it, but I noticed after a few errors, there were no wall tap penalties.

I don't know if this would affect the grinding strategies?
You're correct. Slight touches of the wall no longer assign damage! Heck, it's much closer to previous where you need to hit it fairly hard to get damage. It also seems like the penalty trigger has a higher threshold now too!

Yeah, and post-1.25 it's even faster since you can switch earlier to Racing Hards. I did 4 laps on inters and 8 laps on Racing Hards (with the rear left barely making it) and my race time was 24:26, my quickest RT in the Cappuccino.
What tune are you using for it? I've seen some posted on here, but didn't save them and figured I would use the one you're using since you got that amazing time! The A220 with CM's was suchhhhh a disappointment

Yeah, and post-1.25 it's even faster since you can switch earlier to Racing Hards. I did 4 laps on inters and 8 laps on Racing Hards (with the rear left barely making it) and my race time was 24:26, my quickest RT in the Cappuccino.
Hey man, can I have your Cappuccino tune? My fastest was 25:50 before and after the update lol I can't seem to improve.

Latest Posts

Back