Cursed Political Content

• Thread starter TexRex
  • 6,598 comments
IMG_20230628_221543.jpg

She deleted the tweet, btw.

Last edited:
It was a very bizarre & gross tweet.

But, looking through the rest of her profile, at least she appears to be trying to come from the right place. She's called out Jewish hate, wants better politicians, & has admired Zelenskyy's efforts.

This isn't so much political as it is pertaining to current events. I don't know how serious it really is but I feel like satire wouldn't be terribly welcome in a forum called "True Unpopular Opinions." I guess I hope it's a joke?

Fzvft4IWcAAVdil

This isn't so much political as it is pertaining to current events. I don't know how serious it really is but I feel like satire wouldn't be terribly welcome in a forum called "True Unpopular Opinions." I guess I hope it's a joke?

Fzvft4IWcAAVdil
We were just talking about Dunning-Kruger effect, weren't we? Leaving aside the obviously inescapable death by pressure, how long would it take to swim 2-1/2 miles to the surface? I'm gonna guess at least an hour.

Trump is just playing real-life Crusader Kings.
Or he's trying to emulate the story of Lot.
View attachment 1268939

She deleted the tweet, btw.
I always found Messianic Jews to be worrying. Many Jews view it as being Christian.

We were just talking about Dunning-Kruger effect, weren't we? Leaving aside the obviously inescapable death by pressure, how long would it take to swim 2-1/2 miles to the surface? I'm gonna guess at least an hour.
Death will either come by pressure or just drowning. Unless he was in full scuba gear right when the implosion happened for some inexplicable reason.

Last edited:
It's like the number of people who thought they would just "surf down" the collapsing World Trade Center buildings because they saw something in a cartoon. Many people are just ignorant of basic high/middle-school physics because it's not typically a required subject for most students.

Last edited:

First reply to Debus' response is "ragepiggies gonna rage" and I am absolutely going to use that. Presented as a response to the "cursed," by the way; Debus is definitely a saner head here.

Last edited:
AAAAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Started:

pri-demon-th.jpg

Going:

Fz0Yg26aMAEzlxn

"We spread this far and wide because we hate them so much but they have taken it away from us and are mocking us with it."

I also love the bit about radical Democrats' "normalization of pedophilia." Obviously you need to commit bank fraud to conceal hush money payments made to men who were previously young boys that you'd raped during your time as a high school teacher and coach like completely mainstream Republican and former Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert. Definitely keep that hidden away as best you can.

First reply to Debus' response is "ragepiggies gonna rage" and I am absolutely going to use that. Presented as a response to the "cursed," by the way; Debus is definitely a saner head here.

Other than maybe one or two, the replies on Debus' Tweet are surprisingly sane.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how she even intends to go about instigating this conservative cancel culture given that she lost her senatorial election by checks notes 105,800 votes.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how she even intends to go about instigating this conservative cancel culture given that she lost her senatorial election by checks notes 105,800 votes.

I see that she’s been all sorts of differing Christian religions, and most recently a Russian Orthodox… Go figure.

If she doesn’t believe in things she can’t physically see, then I guess she’s now an atheist?

Last edited:

Would you kind people please post screenshots from the tweets, if possible?

I'm running adblocker most of the time and tweets don't show up, only a link, which doesn't work since twitter want you to to log in.

Please and thanks.

Would you kind people please post screenshots from the tweets, if possible?

I'm running adblocker most of the time and tweets don't show up, only a link, which doesn't work since twitter want you to to log in.

Please and thanks.
What’s your adblocker? I’m running uBlock Origin and don’t have a Twitter account, but I still see the tweets since they’re embedded links (iirc).

Last edited:
What’s your adblocker? I’m running uBlock Origin and don’t have a Twitter account, but I still see the tweets since they’re embedded links (iirc).
I can usually see tweets when I log out of Twitter but I just tried it and the site won't show me any content unless I log back in. Don't know whether anything has changed in the last couple of weeks or if Elon has messed with the site. Now all he needs to do is make it pay-only to diminish the site's influence and reach amongst non Twitter users even further.

Of course the links still show up for me without being logged in, so like you said it must be something to do with adblocker settings. I still want to post live tweets though, screenshotting every one is a lot of work as I post dozens of them on threads like these unless they've been deleted or I don't want to boost the tweeter.

This is especially the case with tweets containing video, such as the one under discussion, on which a screenshot wouldn't work.

It sounds like it'd be easier and less effort all round for someone with a restrictive adblocker to temporarily disable it if they wanted to see a tweet than for everyone who post tweets to screenshot them. I wonder whether it treats YouTube and other embedded content links the same way.

Last edited:

I can usually see tweets when I log out of Twitter but I just tried it and the site won't show me any content unless I log back in. Don't know whether anything has changed in the last couple of weeks or if Elon has messed with the site. Now all he needs to do is make it pay-only to diminish the site's influence and reach amongst non Twitter users even further.

Of course the links still show up for me without being logged in, so like you said it must be something to do with adblocker settings. I still want to post live tweets though, screenshotting every one is a lot of work as I post dozens of them on threads like these unless they've been deleted or I don't want to boost the tweeter.

This is especially the case with tweets containing video, such as the one under discussion, on which a screenshot wouldn't work.

It sounds like it'd be easier and less effort all round for someone with a restrictive adblocker to temporarily disable it if they wanted to see a tweet than for everyone who post tweets to screenshot them. I wonder whether it treats YouTube and other embedded content links the same way.

Screenshot_20230703_224312_Firefox.jpg

This is what I see. I use uBlock aswell along with ghostery and Privacy Badger.

Might need to do some tinkering with the settings to see which one of them is the culprit since I can see embedded youtube videos just fine.

EDIT: Allrighty then, disabled all three and still can't see the tweets. :boggled:

Last edited:
Do you have the same problem on non GTP pages which embed tweets? If not, then it sounds to me like you may need to contact site staff or start a thread in GTP's site support section if a friendly mod doesn't happen to see your posts here.

Last edited:
That's really weird. I stop & thought for a second maybe something changed as I responded to you on my mobile, so maybe Twitter was acting up on desktops.

But, now that I'm home, I'm still able to see the tweets here on the forum, I just can't go directly to them as I get a "Something went wrong" pop-up on Twitter.

I'm not sure what's restraining you from seeing the tweets, mate. Easier & more probable to blame Elon for this one.

That's really weird. I stop & thought for a second maybe something changed as I responded to you on my mobile, so maybe Twitter was acting up on desktops.

But, now that I'm home, I'm still able to see the tweets here on the forum, I just can't go directly to them as I get a "Something went wrong" pop-up on Twitter.

I'm not sure what's restraining you from seeing the tweets, mate. Easier & more probable to blame Elon for this one.
When in doubt, blame Elon, because it is safer to assume he has no idea what he is doing and WHY it broke.

Back