Cursed Political Content

• Thread starter TexRex
  • 6,598 comments
lol

Screenshot-20230622-174515-Samsung-Internet.jpg

lmao

Screenshot-20230622-174406-Samsung-Internet.jpg

Weren't Black schools and beauty pageants created as a response to exclusion from the mainstream rather than for entitlement's sake?

Last edited:
All you have to do to keep the sub from getting compressed is to fill it with water. Titanic works the same way.
Yep. Titanic was... pretty much open, so it filled with water as it sank, keeping the pressure on both sides of the frame equalish.

The Titan was filled with air at one atmosphere, while the surrounding water would be at 400 atmospheres at wreck depth. Any failure of the pressure vessel would result in the interior being flattened (from all sides) at well over the speed of sound, resulting in the air also briefly bursting into flame and reaching well over 5,000 degrees (doesn't matter what flavour, they're mostly all the same magnitude at that temperature).

I'm not sure anyone quite knows how you die in an extreme implosion - it could be crushed by the thing imploding, flash fried by the air, pulverised into atoms by the pressure itself - but it's not a slow death. The time from actual failure to death at that depth is considerably shorter than your ability to perceive anything actually happening, even if you were staring right at the point of failure.

Yep. Titanic was... pretty much open, so it filled with water as it sank, keeping the pressure on both sides of the frame equalish.

The Titan was filled with air at one atmosphere, while the surrounding water would be at 400 atmospheres at wreck depth. Any failure of the pressure vessel would result in the interior being flattened (from all sides) at well over the speed of sound, resulting in the air also briefly bursting into flame and reaching well over 5,000 degrees (doesn't matter what flavour, they're mostly all the same magnitude at that temperature).

I'm not sure anyone quite knows how you die in an extreme implosion - it could be crushed by the thing imploding, flash fried by the air, pulverised into atoms by the pressure itself - but it's not a slow death. The time from actual failure to death at that depth is considerably shorter than your ability to perceive anything actually happening, even if you were staring right at the point of failure.
I think there is a greater chance you would see someone drown or suffocate (or at least be able to "view it") than seeing someone become atomized, as there wouldn't be anyway to record it.

I think there is a greater chance you would see someone drown or suffocate (or at least be able to "view it") than seeing someone become atomized, as there wouldn't be anyway to record it.
In an implosion of this type, the time taken from the hull breach to the vessel being completely crushed is less than the time taken for your brain to record any visual input of any kind. Nobody would drown or suffocate, because there'd be no lungs.

It takes roughly 0.15s for your brain to receive an image and register it (roughly 0.4s to perceive it and calculate a response), and less than that for everyone in the submersible to become a reddish mist; literally from the crack that exposes the pressure vessel to the water outside to the air being compressed and igniting, the people being compressed and igniting, and the structure collapsing into... whatever it collapsed into (good chance it shattered, as carbon fibre tends to do), the entire process would be over in 0.1s. You'd be dead well before that, and your brain won't have even noticed the final crack that killed you.

In essence your experience of an implosion of this kind is like holding onto a fifty kilogram block of C4 and it detonating. You wouldn't even be aware of the detonation, you'd just be alive and then you'd be mist. The bits of your brain required to see the flash or hear the bang wouldn't even be intact long enough to do so.

There's a simple air pressure experiment you can do, with a Coke can, a hob (stove, range, whatever) and a tub of cold water. Put a little bit of water in the can, and stick it on the hob to cook. When you see wisps of steam coming out, grab it with tongs and upend it into the cold water so the water seals the lid.

What happens next is what happened to the Titan, only the can is experiencing barely a third of an atmosphere of pressure and the Titan experienced at least 250 - so it essentially happened a thousand times faster (and louder).

Last edited:

I learned something new today, which is that the air would briefly burst into flame in the implosion. I guess I had always thought of implosion as being crushed (kinda like the scene in the Abyss).

It hadn't occurred to me that the process of implosion would cause a massive temperature increase kinda like an explosion. More similar to detonation than I realized.

I guess I had always thought of implosion as being crushed (kinda like the scene in the Abyss).
Or Stanley Tucci in the scientific wonderfest that is The Core.

In my head it's basically like the inside of a diesel engine, only worse as a diesel engine's compression ratio is 15:1 tops rather than 250:1 and the piston's not moving at Mach numbers.

The forces are insane. I can't even calculate the temperature it would reach, but something in the thousands of degrees - the surface of the sun is 5,000 - feels about right.

Edit: As an additional note, at that depth you would be exposed to in excess of two tons of pressure on every square inch of your body - roughly the equivalent of being exposed to an instantaneous 500 tons. The effect would be roughly equivalent to being hit by a 747.

Last edited:
The Titanic may not have been crushed like a grape (and I'm not letting pass the racism and sexism of using a successful black woman for his simile) due it not having been built as a pressurized vehicle, but it doesn't change the fact that both the Titan and the Titanic are sitting at the bottom of the ocean, monuments to hubris.

Last edited:
You can easily tell the CIA had nothing to do with the attempted coup because it didn't immediately fail in spectacular fashion.

"Take me out."
A really tragic lyric. Having lost Sophie, Franz is begging the shooter to kill him as well because he can't bear to live without her and thinks she'll be lonely in heaven

Last edited:
Back