Cursed Political Content

• Thread starter TexRex
  • 6,436 comments
Did you ever wonder what's under the beanie? Turns out it's nothing. There's nothing under the beanie.

Screenshot-20240730-115807-Samsung-Internet.jpg
Every time Tim Pool does something like this I get a warm glow thinking back to all those people who used to try and claim he was a centrist.

This is a strange way of saying "I don't like sex". Why WOULDN'T you want to have sex for fun? I hate how these attitudes still persist because it's really degrading. Only having sex to have children? What are we? Cavemen? There's no point trying to suppress our natural desires to have sex in this day and age. It's very important in an intimate relationship because it allows both parties to bond and strengthen their connection. I can't believe how stupid some of these people are.

The weird thing needs to stick. It needs to stick because it's true....and they're getting weirder.
I think they've always been weird but people are acknowledging it more freely. It's also an inoffensive label (or should be) that people aren't so hesitant to use...though maybe more offensive labels ought to be utilized.

I think they've always been weird but people are acknowledging it more freely. It's also an inoffensive label (or should be) that people aren't so hesitant to use...though maybe more offensive labels ought to be utilized.
I think the weirdness of Trump has embolded them to freely expose their own weirdness without fear of been exposed as holding weird views. It's worn with pride these days instead of being closeted.

fact-checks.jpg

The "why" apparently referred to here, which would be covered by a fact check, is that Evan Gershkovich was detained March 29, 2023 and charged April 7, 2023, well into Biden's presidency.

Of course such a "why" and/or fact check ought to acknowledge that Gershkovich was released alongside Paul Whelan, a former Marine, who was detained December 28, 2018 and formally charged January 6, 2019.

Now...simple math says that Trump had more time to get Whelan out, prisoner swap or no prisoner swap, but Trump left the Marine behind. If Trump indeed could have accomplished this without a prisoner swap, it's logical to conclude that Trump chose not to.

Last edited:
Well remember, Trump things military personnel who get captured are losers. While Whelan wasn't acting as a soldier, I'm sure the same loser philosophy applied.

Of course such a "why" and/or fact check ought to acknowledge that Gershkovich was released alongside Paul Whelan, a former Marine, who was detained December 28, 2018 and formally charged January 6, 2019.

Now...simple math says that Trump had more time to get Whelan out, prisoner swap or no prisoner swap, but Trump left the Marine behind. If Trump indeed could have accomplished this without a prisoner swap, it's logical to conclude that Trump chose not to.
Biden can answer this kind of thing off the cuff because it would be easy to recall the situation you inherited vs what developed under your administration. Joe is 6000 years old so that's not a guarantee, but some benefit of the doubt is warranted.

If any of us imagine inheriting some problem at work from someone else, and then that person talks about how they could solve it easy, it would be hard not to point out that they didn't do it when it was their problem.

Biden can answer this kind of thing off the cuff because it would be easy to recall the situation you inherited vs what developed under your administration. Joe is 6000 years old so that's not a guarantee, but some benefit of the doubt is warranted.

If any of us imagine inheriting some problem at work from someone else, and then that person talks about how they could solve it easy, it would be hard not to point out that they didn't do it when it was their problem.
I don't think there's a single thing wrong with Biden's response. Maybe you don't mean to suggest that Biden had a flub because Gershkovich was post-Trump, but fact is that Trump didn't get Whelan out, with or without a swap. If Trump is capable of getting foreign prisoners out without a swap, he should have done so.

In 2019, Kevin King and Australian Timothy Weeks were exchanged for three Taliban leaders.

In 2020, Trump released an Iranian scientist held prisoner by the United States. That this was part of a swap was denied, though US Navy vet Michael White was released from Iranian custody days later.

I don't think there's a single thing wrong with Biden's response. Maybe you don't mean to suggest that Biden had a flub because Gershkovich was post-Trump, but fact is that Trump didn't get Whelan out, with or without a swap. If Trump is capable of getting foreign prisoners out without a swap, he should have done so.

In 2019, Kevin King and Australian Timothy Weeks were exchanged for three Taliban leaders.

In 2020, Trump released an Iranian scientist held prisoner by the United States. That this was part of a swap was denied, though US Navy vet Michael White was released from Iranian custody days later.

Agreed.

I was saying that folks assuming that this is Biden making a mistake should give him some benefit of the doubt. It might be hard for us to remember which admin all of this happened during, but for Biden it would surely have made an impression whether something happened during the Trump admin. Instead of looking for a mistake, they should take Biden seriously.

Is this not true? I thought that in order of least specific to most specific, it went British Isles -> United Kingdom/Ireland/Isle of Man -> Britain/North Ireland -> England/Scotland/Wales
Same isles geographically, different nation. To live in the UK Heverin's family would've had to have immigrated. Unless she's Northern Irish.

Last edited:
Same isles geographically, different nation. To live in the UK Heverin's family would've had to have immigrated. Unless she's Northern Irish.
Ah, I see. But I think I might be missing the context of the conversation in the screencap.

I thought it would show the whole thread but realised it's too long for that. Not sure how I can include the previous messages.
An embedded Tweet reply will only show the message and the message to which it replies.

Posting an earlier Tweet reply in the chain will show the earlier message and the even earlier message to which that replies.

Latest Posts

Back