DA's Super GT Series|PURE Spec 1.0|Last Round 4/14

freshseth83
I'm sure I can get to the 34's, I just did those laps offline, plus with all the fuel on board. I'm not the best at this track though, other tracks I should be more competitive.

Online and offline physics are different as far as I'm aware.

^Not so much anymore... I think that changed in Spec 2.0. Its been pretty close last time I checked, provided your using tire wear in offline mode and considering it didnt get changed in the 2.03. It used to be almost a second a lap faster offline per 90 sec's.

Z Crazy
^Not so much anymore... I think that changed in Spec 2.0. Its been pretty close last time I checked, provided your using tire wear in offline mode and considering it didnt get changed in the 2.03. It used to be almost a second a lap faster offline per 90 sec's.

Supposedly it changed with update 1.06 I think but it's still slightly different. Feels kinda arcade-ish to me...

It was fun running with a few of you guys earlier today (or night for some of you). This weekend should be a tight race judging from what I saw.

Seth, are you planning on running the Calsonic or Stealth?

Stealth. I'm faster in the Calsonic, but it doesn't drive as good. Plus, I'm a fan of black and white, I love the stealth liveries!

freshseth83
Stealth. I'm faster in the Calsonic, but it doesn't drive as good. Plus, I'm a fan of black and white, I love the stealth liveries!

Make sure it weighs the correct amount. I think you have to add weight to it.

I may be looking at other available options. My poor little Lexus has no legs on the straights. I'll be toast on just about any track with a mid to long straight.

I'll play around with the settings and toy with the other available cars.

awr117
I may be looking at other available options. My poor little Lexus has no legs on the straights. I'll be toast on just about any track with a mid to long straight.

I'll play around with the settings and toy with the other available cars.

You know when you reply to pm's you can do so without replying in the thread lol.

Edit** I misread who posted. Thought it was someone I pm'd...opps

Last edited:
I am in GMT+8, would this make it 12.30 on a Sunday for me?
If so I'd be interested in campaigning a Denso SARD SC430.

#. GTP I.D./PSN/ Car choice/
1. DA6righthand/DA6righthand/Honda ARTA NSX '06
2. Amphibious82/Amphibious/Xanavi Nismo GT-R '08
3. -----------/slowcaptain00/Nissan YELLOWHAT YMS TOMICA GT-R
4. Gillard17/Irishstig17/Nissan Xanavi Nismo Z '06
5. Z Crazy/Z-Crazy/Honda Takata Dome NSX '06
6. UnshavenYapper/UnshavenYapper/Nissan Motul Autech GT-R '08
7. Robbie2ffy/Robbie2ffy/Toyota YellowHat YMS Supra '05
8. boshuter/boshuter/Honda EPSON NSX '08
9. freshseth83/freshseth83/Calsonic Impul GTR '08/
10. NaSuU/NaSsuU/Nissan Woodone Advan Clarion GT-R '08
11. awr117/redrobin347/Lexus Petronas Tom's SC430 '08
12. Phil Bell/PepsiMaxCrew/Denso SARD SC430 08'

Edit: Just had a brain blast (or brain fade depending on your point of view:P) but could we possibly include a teams championship?
Like all the Toyota/Lexus, Honda, Nissan and divide the points by the number of cars in that brand?

Last edited:
phil bell
Edit: Just had a brain blast (or brain fade depending on your point of view:P) but could we possibly include a teams championship?
Like all the Toyota/Lexus, Honda, Nissan and divide the points by the number of cars in that brand?

That is possible. I'll think it over tomorrow and I'll add you to the list in post 2 then.

What does everyone else think? Manufacturers championship?

Only 1 Lexus driver....

Edit: Toyota/Lexus duh. I wouldn't have an issue with a manufacture championship.

1130kg, I know DA- I was driving with the right regs last night. I just got a pretty decent set-up for it. I think it's better, even if it's slower than the Calsonic.

freshseth83
1130kg, I know DA- I was driving with the right regs last night. I just got a pretty decent set-up for it. I think it's better, even if it's slower than the Calsonic.

That's cool. When I figure out what order we will all enter the course I'll let everyone know. It'll be a pain but everybody needs to enter when we qualify and then wont be able to leave. Points penalties will be enforced for people who exit the course after we all enter.

DA - can i change my entry from the Lexus to the Honda Stealth GT500 NSX '08? I should have tested the cars before entering. But the Lexus is seriously lacking and is not competitive.

awr117
DA - can i change my entry from the Lexus to the Honda Stealth GT500 NSX '08? I should have tested the cars before entering. But the Lexus is seriously lacking and is not competitive.

Yeah you can switch. The cars should all be competitive. That's why certain cars get certain modifications. I can give you a setup for the Lexus if you'd like too. Have you tested the Stealth NSX at all? How did you do with it?

Something isn't right with that Lexus. I ran 4 laps on SPA in the stealth and was 4 seconds quicker and it isn't even broken in yet. I probably ran over 100 laps in the Lexus.

awr117
Something isn't right with that Lexus. I ran 4 laps on SPA in the stealth and was 4 seconds quicker and it isn't even broken in yet. I probably ran over 100 laps in the Lexus.

It's something with your setup then. The Lexus' handle decent and are easy to drive but I think maybe your setup has something wrong with it.

I was faster in the NSX than the GTR also, but oversteer is not my thing. They do have good turn in though. I just feel the GTR is my thing. If they had a stealth SC430, I'd probably go for that!

Yeah damn, I forgot to count the +8. If you guys know of any other good leagues do tell me, been struggling to find anything in my timezone.

Awr, I just realized I misread usernames a few posts up. I thought you were a different person...lol. bet you were confused.

Hey guys, hope you don't mind me chipping in here :)

I currently race in the PURE GT series with the Stealth NSX where the car specs used here were set up. The cars are not equal on every track due to their strengths and weaknesses as mentioned already in this thread, but over a season they equal out. The NSX's and Yellowhat Supra's straightline speed gives it the advantage at tracks like Spa, Monza, Le Sarthe etc but they will not be able to match the Lexus and GTR's at Monaco, Nurb' GP/F and Suzuka etc where the handling advantages of these cars shows up more. Based on this you'll need to pick a car best suited to you for the season, not the opening race ;). I chose the NSX personally this time as a challenge and it can certainly be that!

My understanding was also that the Epson NSX and Woodone GTR were not favoured, hence their different specs to their stablemates ;) and I don't think anyone picked those, or the Eneos and Bandai Lexus cars. All I would say is test the different cars as much as you can at different circuits before committing to it for the season.

Nice set-up for the season DA and best of luck to everyone! 👍

It's something with your setup then. The Lexus' handle decent and are easy to drive but I think maybe your setup has something wrong with it.

+1, Its not my fastest Spa car, but it was very very close to the top of the list, I think my third fastest car there. It is definitely slower on the straights but the high grip and comfortable balance of the car makes up time on other sections. Also take into consideration, one spin with an uncomfortably oversteering car (NSX) will cost you more time than you would ever lose on the straights.

All of this is not to say you don't have a problem with that car... it should not be 3 to 4 seconds a lap slower than the NSX. The Stealth NSX was my faster car at Spa, but was only about .20-.30 of a second faster than my Petronas SC at the same Hp/Kg.

Honestly, I would say the Eneos and the Stealth NSX would be the cars to have in the PURE formula, and the other two Lexus'es are a little overly hanidcaped.

Thanks for the input Welsh! It's appreciated.

I'll be posting how qualifying and everything will be done later today. It may seem complicated but it really isn't. Patience is a virtue!

Hey guys, hope you don't mind me chipping in here :)

I currently race in the PURE GT series with the Stealth NSX where the car specs used here were set up. The cars are not equal on every track due to their strengths and weaknesses as mentioned already in this thread, but over a season they equal out. The NSX's and Yellowhat Supra's straightline speed gives it the advantage at tracks like Spa, Monza, Le Sarthe etc but they will not be able to match the Lexus and GTR's at Monaco, Nurb' GP/F and Suzuka etc where the handling advantages of these cars shows up more. Based on this you'll need to pick a car best suited to you for the season, not the opening race ;). I chose the NSX personally this time as a challenge and it can certainly be that!

My understanding was also that the Epson NSX and Woodone GTR were not favoured, hence their different specs to their stablemates ;) and I don't think anyone picked those, or the Eneos and Bandai Lexus cars. All I would say is test the different cars as much as you can at different circuits before committing to it for the season.

Nice set-up for the season DA and best of luck to everyone! 👍

Thanks for the input. Is anyone in your series driving the Lexus TOMS? If so, how are they fairing with the rest of the field?

Back