DA's Super GT Series|PURE Spec 1.0|Last Round 4/14

Dr Dre
Well if you wanna make it easy/best. You should appoint stewards and qualify week prior race day, each person must Q in front of a steward during a 3 to 4 lap single sprint race alone and record fastest lap. Then post results on the thread. On race day you will line up according to the results on the thread. That's the way some of the more established leagues do it. Hope this helps, didn't mean to bogard the thread :)

I have no problem with you posting in here. Thanks for the idea but I think that is a bit too complicated for qualifying for me. I barely have enough time to manage this series on my own let alone find stewards to get qualifying done.

I feel like we have two options at the moment:
1. Wing it on Saturday and hope the game gets it right. If it screws things up again, we can type our times in the chat while someone (awr?) writes times down in order and tells us where we placed or
2. Have 2 4 lap races where we each watch someone taking the best laps of 2 & 3 and using those as our qualifying times. This can be done in my lounge with mics to minimize confusion. After we all qualify, I'd then create a public lobby as I did on Saturday and we could line up in order according to to our times.

RodeRuner1967
I would like to sign up for this.👍

1. DA6righthand/DA6righthand/Honda ARTA NSX '06
2. Amphibious82/Amphibious/Xanavi Nismo GT-R '08
3. Gillard17/Irishstig17/Nissan Xanavi Nismo Z '06
4. Z Crazy/Z-Crazy/Honda Takata Dome NSX '06
5. UnshavenYapper/UnshavenYapper/Nissan Motile Autech GTR 08
6. Robbie2ffy/Robbie2ffy/Toyota YellowHat YMS Supra '05
7. boshuter/boshuter/Lexus Bandai Direzza SC430 '06
8. freshseth83/TF-110B/Nissan Stealth GT500 GTR '08
9. NaSuU/NaSsuU/Honda Raybrig NSX 06
10. awr117/redrobin347/Lexus Petronas Tom's SC430 '08
11. RodeRuner1967/T-n-T-2000/Nissan Stealth GT-R GT500

Stealth is already taken. Yellowhat and Calsonic are both available.

Its rather simple. You would assign stewards from within your group, you yourself is already a steward, by being the organizer, and you would have 6 days to qualify.

freshseth83
That's cool, but rather race day qualifying here. Where is our next race?

Next preseason race is at Trial Mountain. If everything goes smooth Saturday then we can start the full season (fingers crossed!). Its under post 3 on page 1.

Stealth NSX is all yours Rode. Read and reread my rules and regulations too. I'm going to update the first couple.posts also.

Dr Dre
Its rather simple. You would assign stewards from within your group, you yourself is already a steward, by being the organizer, and you would have 6 days to qualify.

I'm going to consider this because the less work I gotta do the better. School occupies the majority of my time so I don't have tons of spare time for GT5.

Sup DA, I'm thinking you may have to call the end of Quali, and you jump out to verify the order through the 'Watch Race' timing screen. It will hold all of the 'Best Laps' for everyone correctly (even though GT5 will not correctly arrange the cars). Once you have them call them, arrange the field.

BTW, looks like you had a good stop strategy on Sat... you made up a lot of positions in pit lane.

Z Crazy
Sup DA, I'm thinking you may have to call the end of Quali, and you jump out to verify the order through the 'Watch Race' timing screen. It will hold all of the 'Best Laps' for everyone correctly (even though GT5 will not correctly arrange the cars). Once you have them call them, arrange the field.

BTW, looks like you had a good stop strategy on Sat... you made up a lot of positions in pit lane.

Lol, went from near last to second. If that race was any longer I believe it may have been possible to catch you because my tire wear wasn't as bad. On the contrary, you had a blistering pace!

Well, this qualifying thing your describing sounds like a good idea. I'm really wanting to simplify things while keeping it legit.

I feel like doing a 4 lap race with or 6 cars, using the 1st lap to spread out, laps 2&3 are counted as fast laps and the rest is used to cool down. We can do this in my lounge with mics so we can communicate better. Someone can tell me the times, I'll write 'em down in order. Then have the remaining cars do the same thing. I can then announce grid order in my lounge before heading to the open lobby where the race will take place.

I can also set things where certain cars with similar pp and weight go together in hopes to minimize complications. Hopefully this can get done without being a major pain in the a** because we are all here to have fun and race, not get annoyed and fed up with this stupid crap. Sorry guys things arent smooth as butter!

DA, as you know we are having the same issues with our qualifying. What I'm doing from here out is having everyone do the normal qualify and then park on track. After everyone is happy with their lap time, I'm going to ask everyone's best lap time, I'll arrange the order and we'll line up accordingly. Luckily trust isn't an issue with our group.

xR0ADRASHx
DA, as you know we are having the same issues with our qualifying. What I'm doing from here out is having everyone do the normal qualify and then park on track. After everyone is happy with their lap time, I'm going to ask everyone's best lap time, I'll arrange the order and we'll line up accordingly. Luckily trust isn't an issue with our group.

I seriously wonder if PD knows about these issues. My preseason race would've been a decent success had the qualifying not effed up.

DA6righthand
I seriously wonder if PD knows about these issues. My preseason race would've been a decent success had the qualifying not effed up.

Oh I'm sure they know. Question is will they do anything about all the online issues. But hey have another GTR on the house!

Another one... I can only image they'll be looking at this one..

110009_1.jpg

http://www.nismo.co.jp/en/news_list/2012/news_flash/110009.html

Yeah, I thought it was pretty nice... its Nissan answer to turn-key R8's, MClarens,458's and Porche GT3's the the FIA GT3/GT1 class.

I updated the posts on page 1. I'm still contemplating what to do with qualifying. That will be figured out in the next few days.

Please, everybody read the rules and regulations so I don't have to explain anything Saturday. I took time to revamp everything so I'd appreciate it if y'all read it over. Also, thanks everyone for having patience this past weekend. I'll do my best to make this the least hectic as possible this weekend.

What you should do regarding qualifying is to gather a group from the signed up drivers that you feel you can trust, and that you think will stay commited. Give them all the authority to start up and spectate quali runs.

4 lap race. Lapm 2 and 3 will be your 2 flyers. The best lap of the 2 will be your official quali time.

We do like this in PURE | JGTS, and it works like a charm.
I totally hear you about the procedure beeing time consuming, but if you get a big enough group from the regulars (If you can say so at this stage in your series), they can help out with qualifying runs thruout the week.
Key is to trust members of the league.
I don't have to do much spectating at all.. We're so many stewards that it salves it self with guys just beeing logged in all the time. So no need for me (or any other organizer) to be available all the time. The procedure handles it self, as long as you gather a big enogh group of stewards. Let's say 5-7 stewards.

Just a quick tip. 👍

What you should do regarding qualifying is to gather a group from the signed up drivers that you feel you can trust, and that you think will stay commited. Give them all the authority to start up and spectate quali runs.

4 lap race. Lapm 2 and 3 will be your 2 flyers. The best lap of the 2 will be your official quali time.

We do like this in PURE | JGTS, and it works like a charm.
I totally hear you about the procedure beeing time consuming, but if you get a big enough group from the regulars (If you can say so at this stage in your series), they can help out with qualifying runs thruout the week.
Key is to trust members of the league.
I don't have to do much spectating at all.. We're so many stewards that it salves it self with guys just beeing logged in all the time. So no need for me (or any other organizer) to be available all the time. The procedure handles it self, as long as you gather a big enogh group of stewards. Let's say 5-7 stewards.

Just a quick tip. 👍

I like this method. I'll figure out if any of these guys want to be stewards. If they do, then this will be awesome.

11. RodeRuner1967/T-n-T-2000/Honda Stealth NSX
12. Kakarot/Sinladar/Honda EPSON NSX '08

hope im not too late to get the last spot

Kakarot
11. RodeRuner1967/T-n-T-2000/Honda Stealth NSX
12. Kakarot/Sinladar/Honda EPSON NSX '08

hope im not too late to get the last spot

Nope, you're in.

Ok, I figured qualifying out (thanks to boshuter and z). We will just qualify like we did Saturday but when I can an end to qualifying, I'll back out and go to the lobby screen and check everyones lap times via the watch race option and look at the live timing monitor. Simple. I'll announce more specific rules in a few days as I did last week (nothing is going to change for the most part).

Back