Decal Identification Thread

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 891 comments

Can anyone please help me with logo under the projectU decal on the front fender?

f93bf38a18f489988a07e2d8e9509537747982aa.jpg
Bump

Car stp taisan viper jgtc 2000.

I'm looking for the ones on the rear quarter

This is how far I got.

I'm looking where I can get the red one fire team, the one above I cannot make out.

What is the "alce" and what is the fashion mall or mill.

And I cannot find the chrysler one on the rear.

Thank you.

Edit, all decals should exist because famine made it in ugly green for the colour twist livery challenge.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20220817224025.jpg

19152812b8526-screenshotUrl.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240819_121509_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240819_121509_Chrome.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
p78

This is how far I got.

I'm looking where I can get the red one fire team, the one above I cannot make out.

Thank you.

Edit, all decals should exist because famine made it in ugly green for the colour twist livery challenge.View attachment 1382218

View attachment 1382217
i've not had much luck with the alce & Red One decals but hopefully this helps with the Chrysler one...

i wasn't able to find it in the layout form on the car but it should be easy to layer work this one to make it the same way :)

Attachments

• ChryslerFinal.svg
    4.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
p78

This is how far I got.

Thank you.

Edit, all decals should exist because famine made it in ugly green for the colour twist livery challenge.View attachment 1382218

View attachment 1382217
Start at post #287 in this thread. Good pics to trace and maybe a link to them, it was a while ago snd I did not re read, I just did a quick search because I remembered the Red One Fire Fighting one.

p78

This is how far I got.

Thank you.

View attachment 1382217
Have you tried asking @Famine for the SVGs or where they might have come from?

Does anyone know the font for the number 12? I've seen it in other decals but not for as a 1, 2, or 12. The numbers are all I have left to do to finish the livery so any help would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 1371941
Looks a bit like Swiss 911 to me. Impact might also work, which should be freely available

Thank you. Impact is close so I'm using it for now. Here's a better image of the numbers.

View attachment 1372050
Looks like Compacta font. Pro Bold, I think?
Compacta Font

Masters of Decal, I once again call upon thee.

803337.jpg

What is the BsB symbol? And what is the (i think) mood something decal about.
Screenshot_20240825_001328_Chrome.jpg

What is written between karcher and inada batteries.

Car is E30 M3 owned by Chiba-San. It ran in jtcc events.

p78
Masters of Decal, I once again call upon thee.

View attachment 1383818

What is the BsB symbol? And what is the (i think) mood something decal about.View attachment 1383819

What is written between karcher and inada batteries.

Car is E30 M3 owned by Chiba-San. It ran in jtcc events.
Without doing a deep dive I found what might be the second brand from the first photo. If correct, this may lead to finding the old logo variant.
20240825_110007.jpg

Thanks for providing all the info. Might pick up the search again later on.

Last edited:
Apparently this chassis has accomplished quite some things

M3 Chassis # M3 1 / 73. Ordered by works outfit and BMW legends Schnitzer, #73 was built in 1988 and according to the Gp A M3 “bible” with the most tuetonic name possible: M3 17.970 EMOTIONS (Say it with a German accent. So good.) Chassis #’s 70, 106 and 73 were utilised for the 1988 ETCC, with chassis #99 as a spare. Using race numbers 56, 57 and 58, Schnitzer duly won the coveted ETCC, along with the iconic Spa 24Hr. It certainly was a great year for Charlie and the lads from Bavaria and if any fellow BMW enthusiasts can show me which M3 chassis did what, that would be much appreciated!

In late 1988, #73 was sold to the enigmatic Japanese industrial tycoon Mr. Ricky Chiba. Chiba-san’s Taisan racing team has now raced the globe, with a Le Mans 24Hr GT win amongst his many achievements. However, what Taisan is perhaps most fondly known for, is the bonkers mid 90’s JGTC era, where he fronted with 2 x F40 Ferrari’s, a 962 Porsche, 993 and 964 RSR’s, 993 GT2 and of course our M3 #73, still in original Group A guise running around at the back of the field. It was not uncommon for Chiba-san to run at least 3 cars in a single race. The most I have seen is 5… Yup, Chiba-san is a cool kind of crazy. Wearing race number 26 and sporting the attractive Taisan / Advan black and red livery, chassis #73 hit the ground running in 1988, with a stunning 3rd outright and 1st in JTCC-2 at Japan’s most prestigious touring car event the Inter-TEC 500 at Mt Fuji Raceway. With 6 to 9 rounds per JTCC Gp A season, M3 #73 managed to run in the front pack of the JTCC-2 field (Read M3’s) for 5 consecutive seasons. Pretty impressive stuff. In that period she achieved the following noteworthy results in JTCC-2:

1988: 1st in JTCC-2 at the Inter-TEC 500.
1989: Championship title and 1st in JTCC-2 at the Inter-TEC 500.
1990: 2nd in the championship and 1st in the JTCC-2 at the Inter-TEC 500.
1993: 1st at the Inter-TEC 500, being the last JTCC and FIA sanctioned Gp A race.

Throughout this long Group A career #73 was given all the latest homologated EVO tricks that BMW learned, mostly from their hard charging Group A DTM cousins. 1993 was the end of Group A in the JTCC, so M3 1 / 73 was retired to Chiba-sans famous car collection (The one with the F40 stuck to the roof.) in 1995 the booming JGTC (Japan Grand Touring Car Championship) allowed Gp A cars into its lesser category and #73 can be seen at the odd meeting, scampering around the back, battling with other old Gp A cars and the odd Lambo’. With that novelty worn off #73 went back to Chiba-sans collection again, where she sat until I happened upon an opportunity to visit the famous collection in 2012. It was a mind-blowing experience and one I am very grateful for; thank you Ricky.

In 2014 a deal was agreed upon and with the help of my very special friends in Japan, #73 was on its way to Australia, with new owner Mr David Harris. David started the process of a complete mechanical overhaul as like myself, he enjoyed #73’s patina and the story it tells. Unfortunately, Mr Harris passed away before his time and now #73 is looking for a new home, that can appreciate this cars charm and speed, while benefiting from David’s labour of love, in getting her so close to running at the front of the pack again. If you are a discerning individual, wanting to race something very competitive in Historic Group A, this car will do nicely. The fact that #73 may have a fascinating 1988 ETCC history, is hopefully a sweet bonus.

edit

Solved.

The decal on the side is SANWA MOTORS.
Still don't know what B's B is but made it myself. Together with the Magic Garage decal.

Last edited:
I'd like to make a livery for the car shown below, but I think it might be challenging finding these decals, or even a better picture of the car.

The car belongs to Klaus and Niklas Frers and they race in thr Historic Championship '81 class in their 1973 Porsche 911 RSR. If anyone can find anything that should go on this, please let me know :)

F7AC6745-2947-4784-AEF8-B390151A5DD5.jpeg

I met them at the Nürburgring 24h this year, as we watched from a spot overlooking Spiegelkurve (the fast left-right combo after Kallenhard) and before 'Miss-Hit-Miss'... it has never registered to me as a particularly interesting spot on the track when playing in GT, but it was a great spot to be at nighttime.

-

I found some of the little sponsors on the number plates here:

-

I made up what I thought might be on the rear - a Porsche logo and a Dunlop decal. Amazingly, I found a video of this exact car at Hockenheim last year and that's pretty much exactly what's there

-

One key decal I'm missing is like this:

It's the '50th Oldtimer Grand Prix', but with white lettering on a black background.

Any help with that would be much appreciated!!

Last edited:

Attachments

• 50th-oldtimer-grand-prix.svg
    11 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
@daan Thanks very much for that! :cheers:

-

Unfortunately the game decided to play silly buggers and has wrecked my almost complete livery - none of my earlier versions will load and for some inexplicable reason the game hangs whenever I try to load any of them.

Another great feature of the game ruined. :grumpy:

-

Good news and bad news: I managed to reload the livery, so it's not lost. However... it is still not saving if I try to update it, and game hangs at the 'Rendering' page.

Last edited:
I've been having the same issue.
Don't know how many tries I had with the Taisan E30, bit a lot! Worked in the end.

Used a different E30 to load the livery.

Back