December/1.27 Update Discussion

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 742 comments
1671035059387.png

Honestly i would made that "VGT" into a Gr.3 version too , why not when we got Veyron in Gr.4 😛
Now that we have the Chiron, a Gr. 3 version of it doesn't sound like a bad idea. They'll likely give it an aggressive, GT3-style aerodynamic upgrade, do a conversion to MR, perform considerable weight reduction of up to 1,300kgs, a race-ready interior, and that the quad-turbocharged W16 will likely be detuned to somewhere around 600+hp.

Just really hope it looks significantly different from the VGT.

Last edited:
Since the ST205 race car was spotted in the database I didn’t think it would be of that much additional use to me or make me feel any sort of way given the road car is already in game, but man, now seeing this:

6C096CE0-FCA9-4EF1-97C9-4954B9D701B1.jpeg

484B67ED-25FE-4A39-A93F-80443567AA15.jpeg

:drool::drool::drool:

I’m also now realizing it could become extremely useful for me IRL, as I intend to eventually wrap my car in the Castrol livery at some point down the line, and now there’s easy access to an accurate and immaculate digital copy that can be viewed from any angle in 4K for reference when I’m ready.

Also, did some light digging, it looks like this was the exact car that was used, likely owned by an Irish fella at the time of the scan.

Driven originally by 4-time WRC champion Juha Kankkunen, but not achieving any wins while in his hands. It was in fact one of the cheater cars in 1995, but was ran privately in following years, and won some WRC rounds in 1997 and later.

Last edited:
No doubt you’re gonna need an invitation to buy the Chiron. Just waiting for everyone to riot.
I fortunately currently have a Bugatti invite, expiring early Jan. Although I don't know if that would make the Chiron available? I guess we'll see later in the week...

I find it pretty sad and funny how many people out there seem to consider this update as a holiday treat because it has two more cars than the average GT7 content update, and because it has certain models frequently requested by the masses.

Here’s the thing… This update is still smaller than the average content update for GT Sport during its first year, and some of these cars have been in other games for years already. It’s not that I don’t understand the appreciation for the new content, but seeing people refer to this update as a “treat” does nothing but enable PD and Sony to carry on giving GT7 less attention than it deserves.

Honestly i would made that "VGT" into a Gr.3 version too , why not when we got Veyron in Gr.4 😛
Funny thing is.... The gr1 VGT was originally going to be a gr3 car and not gr1 where it is now! A gr3 spec version can be seen briefly in one of the early Sport builds for GTsport

My guess as for why it was later turned into a gr1 machine was that they wanted more variety in the gr1 class

Last edited:
I find it pretty sad and funny how many people out there seem to consider this update as a holiday treat because it has two more cars than the average GT7 content update, and because it has certain models frequently requested by the masses.

Here’s the thing… This update is still smaller than the average content update for GT Sport during its first year, and some of these cars have been in other games for years already. It’s not that I don’t understand the appreciation for the new content, but seeing people refer to this update as a “treat” does nothing but enable PD and Sony to carry on giving GT7 less attention than it deserves.
I feel you, but people getting this game for Christmas, will be thinking there are lots to open as of December 25th. Plus, those of us that spent all those hours playing, the damage been done.

Last edited:
Question! If we open our ticket to the free Ferrari VGT and don’t like the colour, would the colour change next update (provided it’s still valid by next update!)?

It's still more cars than they've given us before, but there's nothing wrong with being pleased about a decent update. I completely agree the game has a ways to go, but the last couple of months have shown some excellent progress (the car selling mechanic being a HUGE boost to the game). It's okay to acknowledge when PD has done something good.

Back