December/1.27 Update Discussion

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 742 comments
It's still more cars than they've given us before, but there's nothing wrong with being pleased about a decent update. I completely agree the game has a ways to go, but the last couple of months have shown some excellent progress (the car selling mechanic being a HUGE boost to the game). It's okay to acknowledge when PD has done something good.
I didn’t say otherwise. But people aren’t just acknowledging that PD has done something good. They are expressing acceptance that PD isn’t making much of an effort with GT7.

Since I have gotten this game in July I have never ever gotten a Bugatti invitation 😒

Can’t wait for that c8 vette!
i got a Carrera GT invite around the time of launch, so i bought it.. ive had 3 more invites for it since. 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
They are adding more and more Cars without a proper career mode to use them.
How many time and resources they are wasting in scapes?
These updates are really bad and useless

The big highlight of this update for me is the Chiron!!! Finally!!
Don't know if this was mentionned yet, but the Chiron has a little error, the four headlight 'never' illuminate at the same time IRL, the four "rings" yes but not the actual lights inside them, only two should illuminate... I hope they fix this minor mistake.

Just 4 outer light rings = normal
4 outer rings and two inside lights = low beam
4 outer rings and four inside lights = high beam/full beam or headlight flashing

You normally never see four lights on road/race like you see in GT

rtetretret.jpg

Last edited:
It added dynamic weather to that track though, so maybe that's why they made a fuss at the time
It had rain already, but the update added the full night cycle, and the trailer showed off the pretty night sky.
As to why this trailer doesn't show off Nürburgring GP/D and Type-V (V is for Veranstaltergemeinschaft Langstreckenmeisterschaft Nürburgring :D), I'd say it's because they're not being reintroduced yet, not because they don't care to show them off.

Don't know if this was mentionned yet, but the Chiron has a little error, the four headlight 'never' illuminate at the same time IRL, the four "rings" yes but not the actual lights inside them, only two should illuminate... I hope they fix this minor mistake.

4 outer rings and four inside lights = high beam/full beam or headlight flashing

View attachment 1215728
Yep it appears to be a Chiron, your meme proves it.

View attachment 1215728
maybe the lights are on high beam...???
....you said it yourself .
"4 outer rings and four inside lights = high beam/full beam or headlight flashing"

Last edited:
the Chiron has a little error, the four headlight 'never' illuminate at the same time IRL
So... they do in fact illuminate at the same time IRL, on main beam.

As cars in GT have main beam functionality, that'll be what you're seeing. Also...

four lights GIF

Thank you for properly demonstrating my point.
I'm just sayin' "if". I could go on about the three generations of the Ranger, both generations of the Maverick, the Cheyenne, the Scottsdale, etc. The only one of those that's fundamentally different is the Maverick. Gen 1 was a mid size car, gen 2 is hybrid electric. The rest is all trim levels and age.

I think we need somewhere between 5 and 10 pickups in game, that includes stuff like the Avalanche and the Ridgeline if those show up. Having just two in a 12 or 16 vehicle grid was kinda boring.

How's this for a lineup...
'11 F-150 Raptor
Whatever Tundra they have already
GMC Syclone (sold at Hagerty's)
Ram SRT (Brand Central)
1997 Dakota w/318 engine (Auto Plus)
Chevrolet El Camino (Auto Plus)
Ford Atlas concept (Brand Central)
Honda Ridgeline (Brand Central)
Ford Ranger EV Ni-MH (also sold at Hagerty's)
and one of those small Toyotas from around 1990? (Auto Plus)

I'm just throwing it out there. Pickup trucks are heavy and not well suited to racing against even Group 3 stuff or highly tuned road cars, but there is an absolute lack of them in GT7.

Better yet, how about a game that focuses on them? You've got Manx TT and extreme- G for bike racing, Hydro Thunder for boats, American Pro Trucker for semis, why not a game with 90% of the vehicles being pickup trucks with some Craftsman Truck/Camping World races and a few cars and bikes scattered about. If you could mod the trucks like you can the cars here, I'd play it.

I'm not saying pickups are the be all, end all for racing or GT7 should be flooded with them. I do think that outside of the US Midwest they're just not that common and folks don't realize they're valid for transportation.

Boo, why did they go the extra effort of adding the driver names to the Celica but get rid of the driver number...
Probably because that's exactly how it looked when they scanned it. Granted I can't ever recall a time where it had the actual number decal in any of its previous appearances

images

1671072108224.png

1671072377721.png

car_987_36014_5562f7e36680c.jpg

Worth noting also that PD appear to have gone back and forth between the Auriol car and the Kankkunen car between GT3 and GT6, with GT7 making the reappearance of the Kankkunen car.

Last edited:
I've always been a huge fan of the Veyron and the Veyron SS but I've never liked the Chiron. More weight is the last thing a veyron needed. It was already the heaviest hypercar, and they made it even heavier somehow. Plus I don't think it looks nearly as good. Some parts of it look nice but some of it is ugly.

Hyped about the Alfa Romeo and Corvette though.

And 964. PD must have it out for Porsches.
The 964 911 RS doesn't have a moveable wing. It's permanently down.

Moderately excited for the real cars added to the game. ZFG for this "Ferrari" and I'll never buy it. But I'm sure it'll pester me in some race being driven by AI while I'm attempting to win using an actual exists in real life car. Meh.

I'm just sayin' "if". I could go on about the three generations of the Ranger, both generations of the Maverick, the Cheyenne, the Scottsdale, etc. The only one of those that's fundamentally different is the Maverick. Gen 1 was a mid size car, gen 2 is hybrid electric. The rest is all trim levels and age.

I think we need somewhere between 5 and 10 pickups in game, that includes stuff like the Avalanche and the Ridgeline if those show up. Having just two in a 12 or 16 vehicle grid was kinda boring.

How's this for a lineup...
'11 F-150 Raptor
Whatever Tundra they have already
GMC Syclone (sold at Hagerty's)
Ram SRT (Brand Central)
1997 Dakota w/318 engine (Auto Plus)
Chevrolet El Camino (Auto Plus)
Ford Atlas concept (Brand Central)
Honda Ridgeline (Brand Central)
Ford Ranger EV Ni-MH (also sold at Hagerty's)
and one of those small Toyotas from around 1990? (Auto Plus)

I'm just throwing it out there. Pickup trucks are heavy and not well suited to racing against even Group 3 stuff or highly tuned road cars, but there is an absolute lack of them in GT7.

Better yet, how about a game that focuses on them? You've got Manx TT and extreme- G for bike racing, Hydro Thunder for boats, American Pro Trucker for semis, why not a game with 90% of the vehicles being pickup trucks with some Craftsman Truck/Camping World races and a few cars and bikes scattered about. If you could mod the trucks like you can the cars here, I'd play it.

I'm not saying pickups are the be all, end all for racing or GT7 should be flooded with them. I do think that outside of the US Midwest they're just not that common and folks don't realize they're valid for transportation.
Trucks are pretty popular in the Southaas well

Last edited:
Back