December/1.27 Update Discussion

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 742 comments
Finally Bathurst gets some love.

The Toyota drives awesome with racing hards. Great brakes too.

The Corvette is like a European sports car like an AMG or something. Drives completely differently to the previous vette.

The Alfa is fun overall solid car, sounds nice too.

The Ferrari VGT is my favourite of VGT’s now. I think it’s really good and fun to drive. Feels more like a real race car than some other VGT’s. It’s kinda like imo an LMP1 with maxed out performance parts. The battery drains too fast though. Sounds awesome. The cockpit view is nice too not too cluttered I like it.

The Bugatti is a beast so fast in acceleration. Handles like a pig. Classic. You can add some more HP to it to go even crazier with the top speed. The weight has 4X so that’s good. I’m gonna assume there’s a hidden 5th weight reduction in the roulette somewhere lol.

Overall I like these cars and the update.

I will oddly add I wish we could get Silverstone, Lotus and the Aston Valkyrie Pro in GT7 one day. Would love to run laps around there with those cars.

You could just spend 4k credits, buy the Ferrari paint, and paint it Rosso Corsa... or Rosso Scuderia... or Giallo Modena... Or any other Ferrari colour for that matter... ??
I'm not at home to look at the moment but would that delete some of the graphics on the car like the 75 on the doors? You're right though it's worth trying that before losing around 600k

The Alfa has potential in the WTC600 Tokyo.
But it is an overweight thing.

18515711fbd44-screenshotUrl.png

The Giulia GTAm is like a sedan take on the AMG GT Black Series. Very hardcore and perhaps too hardcore for those who wanted a rival to the other performance saloons. I can see why PD chose the GTAm, but I think the less hardcore GTA version could have brought more value to the game, being a closer competitor to cars like the BMW M4 and AMG C63.

the comment /disccussion by Kaz about how older players vs younger players use the game feels even more perfect, given updates like this. its like gaslighting... because at the end of the year, i am not sure if the game is still anywhere what it should've been at launch. for anyone.

he gets the community discussing anecdotes and debating play styles while the real questions - "why is the nordschliefe race paying 4 dollars an hour, did you do that because people like that race course and you want to prevent them from making credits while having fun?" or "have you considered more people would participate online if there was a fair penalty system, or races that offered variety during the week?"

Last edited:
the comment /disccussion by Kaz about how older players vs younger players use the game feels even more perfect, given updates like this. its like gaslighting... because at the end of the year, i am not sure if the game is still anywhere what it should've been at launch. for anyone.

he gets the community discussing anecdotes and debating play styles while the real questions - "why is the nordschliefe race paying 4 dollars an hour, did you do that because people like that race course and you want to prevent them from making credits while having fun?" or "have you considered more people would participate online if there was a fair penalty system, or races that offered variety during the week?"
Yup, he very rarely gets asked real, tough questions about the game.

Yup, he very rarely gets asked real, tough questions about the game.
i know this isn't on accident!

i just genuinely want to hear him discuss the nuances of how to best influence players to spend money after purchasing the game.... since i know this is part of their core focus on GT7. i'd at least like him to revisit the 'longer term vision with the game' comment, because as far as i can tell the most positive updates to the game were tied to aggressive feedback from the community at launch.

Last edited:
What real, tough question would you - with only one question to ask - like to ask?
How does he reconcile his comments months ago about not wanting the community to have to grind the same race for the life of GT with the fact that we have all been grinding the same 3 or 4 races ever since that comment was made despite the fact that there have been, what 7 or 8 updates to the game since then?

I know it's not the most important but it is one of many tough questions that COULD be asked.

Oh here's another

Was it always your intention to have GT7, after a years worth of updates to have less content that the ps3 versions that you yourself derided so much?

Last edited:
What real, tough question would you - with only one question to ask - like to ask?
i just want to clarify that i understand the scenarios you all are allowed to ask questions in, and i am so appreciative of the information you're able to get from a studio that seemingly doesn't want to say anything!

that said, i think the most 'realistic' critical question i could ask is, 'are you satisfied with GT7?' / 'when you said the game should have a long term vision, what are the goals and dates you have set?'

I should have added, I know you're not allowed to ask certain questions and only have limited time, so I'm not blaming the interviewers per se. Hypothetically if I was given carte blanche and only one question I think it would be "Why are the vast majority of offline events catch the rabbit style events, from last to first, why do you not provide the option of grid starts for all events?"

If that one were off the table my next would be what we're talking about now, why they're only adding a tiny amount of new events each month.

I wouldn't be holding my breath for a straight answer though.

How does he reconcile his comments months ago about not wanting the community to have to grind the same race for the life of GT with the fact that we have all been grinding the same 3 or 4 races ever since that comment was made despite the fact that there have been, what 7 or 8 updates to the game since then?
Why do we not have a better career mode and better events and payout in single player?
Why Samus, you've changed your username... :sly:

Also the answer to that is probably "something something, we can't talk about that just yet, something something". I can say this with quite some certainty on the basis of some very similar answers to some very similar questions.

Questions and answers are different things; just because answers aren't published (I'm not hinging an article off that!) doesn't mean the questions were not asked.

I should have added, I know you're not allowed to ask certain questions and only have limited time, so I'm not blaming the interviewers per se. Hypothetically if I was given carte blanche and only one question I think it would be "Why are the vast majority of offline events catch the rabbit style events, from last to first, why do you not provide the option of grid starts for all events?"
That's been sort-of covered before. If I recall correctly the answer was something to do with accessibility - providing on-track battles and therefore racing action for players of all abilities, particularly those who aren't top 5%. I'll see if I can dig it outt.

Interestingly, Forza Horizon also uses this format, with the twist that your start position varies according to your chosen difficulty level. While the AI starts in championship order, you always start in a set position for your chosen difficulty (first in Tourist, last in Unbeatable, 8th in Highly Skilled, etc). That seems to be for the same reason.

If that one were off the table my next would be what we're talking about now, why they're only adding a tiny amount of new events each month.
Something something, long-term plan, something something.

Also on the new events, yet again two are generic PP/location only restricted events.

European Clubman Cup 600
American Clubman Cup 700

What happened to the old PD from the PS1 and PS2 days, coming up with all those unique named/themed events with tight restrictions that we all remember fondly? Where is the modern American Muscle event for the new Vette and existing cars like it, where are the one-make events for unique cars that have no competition like the MP4/4 and Super Formula?

These [Location][Generic Name][PP] events just scream lazy and lack of imagination. So many Sunday Cups, Clubman Cups and WTC events that don't have tight restrictions so many cars can't really be used or the car you use looks out of place against the AI.

You have nearly 500 cars, make use of them in unique and interesting ways!

Last edited:
Anyone encountered the recent PS4 lagging problem since 1.27?

Almost makes online/lobby races unplayable unless you can build a big enough gap

Whose idea was it to lock performance parts (weight reduction) and engine swaps behind a roulette system which also seems to be rigged because in 99% of the time we get the worst price (and the roulette itself is staged - if you close the app and restart the app, you still have the roulette ticket and you get the same price)?

Whose idea was it to lock performance parts (weight reduction) and engine swaps behind a roulette system which also seems to be rigged because in 99% of the time we get the worst price (and the roulette itself is staged - if you close the app and restart the app, you still have the roulette ticket and you get the same price)?
You want to ask whose idea it was, and not why it's like that? Not sure what the value in that answer would be. Even if you did ask the right question though, I think the answer would be similar to the above - something something long-term support something.

Also you're also not Samus.

I didnt download the update cuz I'm onmy way to work... how much is the celica
All the cars, how to obtain them, and how much they cost, are in the article nailed to the top of the front page of this site.

Back