December/1.27 Update Discussion

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 742 comments
It is in the game? I thought it was cut since it doesn't appear on the lobby list.

This is stupid, that's like the best track for online lobbies and they just deliberately don't let us set up lobbies on it why?

Did they just forgot to add it to the list of tracks? I hope so.
Its just not online. But the offline one is broken, doesn't record the first lap properly. So to get an actual lap time you have to do 2 laps.

Pickups are so shoehorned, they obviously are an attempt in product placement.

And for suvs/cuvs/whatever mkt teams name them, let's be thankful they're not popular in Japan and their adventures in GT ended in GT6 :D

Mine walks to school, while my SUV (technically a CUV) carries and tows whatever the hell I want at whatever speed I want and also actually has AWD (albeit an electronic system) - and while the same powertrain is in a saloon and the same engine is in a FWD hatch, you can't get it in an estate so the SUV was the only option for practicality. It's my work car, so being able to shove stuff into it (and tow; it'll drag a 1.6-tonne braked trailer though obviously I'd not want to exceed 75% GVW on the hitch) was quite important.

I actually just took the dining room table I bought in September out of it (the six chairs that also went in and rattled about were already taken out), although I had to move the four new tyres off it first after I chucked them in there when they were delivered.

Also it's been in Gran Turismo, in its original concept form. Just to segue back to the game.
Someone who actually uses a SUV or CUV for what it's built for is a rarity where I live, I applaud you. Is it a Range Rover by any chance? The concept for the Sport was in GT4-6.

Last edited:
Comments, for the record: I am an American. I hate pickups, and I hate SUVs. (And CUV's, and XUV's and all other tall, tippy wartboxes you can't see past while they wallow around...) I reallyreallyreally hope that upper left smear is a C8. I'll settle for a base Stingray, and hope that the Z06 and GT3-spec Z06.R follow along quickly...

My money is on: Mazda CX-5.
Ahh, but the CX-5 hasn't been in GT. The only Mazda CUV in GT was the MX-Crossport which, aggressive wheel offset aside, became the CX-7 almost unchanged.

Turbolicious.

Ahh, but the CX-5 hasn't been in GT. The only Mazda CUV in GT was the MX-Crossport which, aggressive wheel offset aside, became the CX-7 almost unchanged.

Turbolicious.
You know, after I posted that I thought to myself: not sure a dining table would fit in a CX5...

We're finishing 2022 without a station wagon and without the Nike One 2022... feelsbad 🥺

BUT AT LEAST WE'RE GETTING THE C8! :gtpflag:
1972 Vista Cruiser!
The same thing I actually thought. No update this year with Audi.
That would be the ID.R. Volkswagen is (or used to be) Audi's parent company.
What “regular” cars does GT7 have? Only the modern Fiat 500 comes to mind (the non-Abarth version).
The Raptor for one. They're fairly common around here. The rare trucks from Ford are the Adrenalin, the Tremor, and to an extent the Gen 1 and 2 Lightnings. Oh and the Ranger EV. I saw one once, it was smeared with rocking horse dung.
You shush before you get that guy who wants every US pickup ever made in the game!
Honest, though, there's not as much selection in US trucks as youight think. The devil is in the details. You get a choice of size as in super light like the Maverick or the Courier, a bit bigger in the El Camino, S-10, and Dakota, then full size with whatever towing capacity. Now pick a cab size, single, 2+2, or crew cab. Pick a color and you're done with appearance.
Under the hood is a different matter. So is the interior starting around the mid '80's and especially from 2010-2015. Buy a base model you get a wheel and pedals...and a seat. Move up a bit and you get creature comforts...except air conditioning, that's standard. Grab a Lincoln or a GMC and you get a carpeted bed and real wood trim.

If they do more pickups, we need an entry from Dodge, we need a car/truck mashup like the El Camino, and we need a Ranger EV.

BTW, yes the Raptor is a valid option for grinding but it uses a ton of fuel. It's fast and heavy, kinda like the ID.R. That thing will pass everything except a power outlet. The only difference is with the Raptor you have to have them fill up the back with gas and you're stuck grinding at Sardegna since the rain at Spa and LeMans will contaminate all that fuel.

Last edited:
Alfa Romeo MiTo.
Citroen DS 3.
Ford Focus ST.
Fiat 500 F Lounge.
Honda Fit Hybrid.
Mazda Atenza and Demio.
Mini Cooper S.
Peugeot 208 GTI.
Suzuki Swift Sport (both of them).
Toyota Aqua and Prius.
VW Golf GTi and Polo.

Okay, so some of the above are the "hot" version of the regular (ie. the DS 3, 208 GTI, etc.) but they're still pretty regular and accessible cars.
Some of them being the sporty or “hot” version makes all the difference though. That’s what makes them fun and not so regular. I agree with about half of your list of regular cars though.

The Raptor for one. They're fairly common around here. The rare trucks from Ford are the Adrenalin, the Tremor, and to an extent the Gen 1 and 2 Lightnings. Oh and the Ranger EV. I saw one once, it was smeared with rocking horse dung.

Honest, though, there's not as much selection in US trucks as youight think. The devil is in the details. You get a choice of size as in super light like the Maverick or the Courier, a bit bigger in the El Camino, S-10, and Dakota, then full size with whatever towing capacity. Now pick a cab size, single, 2+2, or crew cab. Pick a color and you're done with appearance.
Under the hood is a different matter. So is the interior starting around the mid '80's and especially from 2010-2015. Buy a base model you get a wheel and pedals...and a seat. Move up a bit and you get creature comforts...except air conditioning, that's standard. Grab a Lincoln or a GMC and you get a carpeted bed and real wood trim.

If they do more pickups, we need an entry from Dodge, we need a car/truck mashup like the El Camino, and we need a Ranger EV.

BTW, yes the Raptor is a valid option for grinding but it uses a ton of fuel. It's fast and heavy, kinda like the ID.R. That thing will pass everything except a power outlet. The only difference is with the Raptor you have to have them fill up the back with gas and you're stuck grinding at Sardegna since the rain at Spa and LeMans will contaminate all that fuel.
Thank you for properly demonstrating my point.

Comments, for the record: I am an American. I hate pickups, and I hate SUVs. (And CUV's, and XUV's and all other tall, tippy wartboxes you can't see past while they wallow around...) I reallyreallyreally hope that upper left smear is a C8. I'll settle for a base Stingray, and hope that the Z06 and GT3-spec Z06.R follow along quickly...
I think We should tax cars that pass a certain size and weight here by a significant margin unless its a designated work truck . This whole green movement ignores the fact cars are huge now . A small EV >> a Huge tank . The NHSA has made cars dirty by forcing them to pass a ******** crash test that changes every 10 years to a unrealistic crash test against a edge .

1972 Vista Cruiser!

That would be the ID.R. Volkswagen is (or used to be) Audi's parent company.

You've already listed approximately 600% the amount of pickups we have in the UK. I know of three (VW Amarok, Ford Ranger, Nissan Navara)...

Last edited:
Seems like a nice addon, but please give me finally some new road Audi cars... GT7 lacks them so much...
New facelifted R8 (there are 2 race cars and still no road version), some new RS and classic models so there could be a competition between comparable Audi, BMW and Merc models.
We have see 2 R8 2nd Generation Race Car and 1 R8 1st Generation Road Going Car
2015 R8 2nd Generation LMS Race Car
2019 R8 2nd Facelift LMS Race Car
And 2007 R8 1st Generation

We have not see
2009 R8 LMS 1st Generation Race Car
2010 R8 LMS 1st Generation Race Car
2012 R8 LMS ultra 1st Facelift Race Car
2009 R8 1st Generation V10
(New) 2015 R8 2nd Generation V10 or V10 plus
(New) 2019 R8 2nd Facelift V10 Performance

Excited for the C8. Hopefully a C8 Gr3 isn't too far behind!

THat Alfa looks cool too. A Gr4 version seems like it would fit well.

Wonder if the Bugatti will be an invite only car.

I would hope the Chiron wasn't invite only, just as the 918 Spyder, but if it is, I would imagine they'd provide all users with the invitation.

So usually, the cars that are added also have some matching events. Given the cars that are coming, what would you guys guess be on what other content will be added? Since there is a rally car, maybe the pikes peak track with a modern paved and a classic dirt layout? Probably not, but it would be cool in my opinion (last version I played before gt7 was gt2).

kjb
For families they have lots of space which is very important. Basically it's just a station wagon with a higher center of gravity
Monospace

We use to have good cars like the Chrysler Voyager

I drive a Ford C-max myself

The issue today, is that Marketing has replace all family monospace into those terrible cars SUV crossover

You have Peugeot for example, where you can only get a 5008 or a 3008... huge SUV, that's not even AWD

And they don't do the 8008 the anymore

I understand the need of space, it's normal when you have a family.

The issue is that SUV are not big cars, they look big but they are smaller than a stationwagon for example

And still no BMW M4 GT3. Please add some actual Gt3 Cars, PD! We´re still driving with Oldtimers in Gr.3 Races. That´s a real shame.

Great with gulia gtam lacking sedans to the game, Corvette c8 adds to the lack of supercars in the game, Bugatti chiron is good choise to as we are lacking hypercars, Toyota celica rallycar is nice to see return, this update with cars is proably not going to be topped, really good choises, more than i expected,

My top 5 cars would be

Bmw m5 e60
Chevrolet chevelle ss454
Dodge challanger demon
Ferrari 812 superfast
Lexus lfa

Hopefully i see some of those in 2023,

And i hope pd can at least keep it to 4-5 cars per month, but its proably never going to top this update

You've already listed approximately 600% the amount of pickups we have in the UK. I know of three (VW Amarok, Ford Ranger, Nissan Navara)...

Add Isuzu D-Max. Current generation has managed to be awarded Truck of the year two years running. Not very fast, but a very strong worker.

Last edited:

Attachments

• 256765EF-F83A-4792-9818-81926F131799.jpeg
    256765EF-F83A-4792-9818-81926F131799.jpeg
    348.2 KB · Views: 17
Back