December/1.27 Update Discussion

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 742 comments
lol why ?
Because they hardly contributed with anything worthwhile. Yes, the chance of driving your own car in the game was higher, but most of these regular cars felt like absolute crap to drive on a track. Most cars in GT7 have varying degrees of sporty pedigrees, and that’s really what keeps me interested in driving them repeatedly.

Last edited:
Because they hardly contributed with anything worthwhile. Yes, the chance of driving your own car in the game was higher, but most of these regular cars felt like absolute crap to drive on a track. Most cars in GT7 have varying degrees of sporty pedigrees, and that’s really what keeps me interested in driving them repeatedly.
Eh, I thought it would be fun to drive these regular cars. There are regular cars that drives like crap stock in GT7 and some still like them for tuning and racing against the sports cars.

Besides, aren't most fans of the franchise like the regular cars from the old series ?

Last edited:
Eh, I thought it would be fun to drive these regular cars. There are regular cars that drives like crap stock in GT7 and some still like them for tuning and racing the sports cars.
What “regular” cars does GT7 have? Only the modern Fiat 500 comes to mind (the non-Abarth version).

New cars are always great news. Personally, is great to see finally the new vette. And i have to say it. I have a dream! about qualifying in game, to do real racing, no chasing the rabbit races. I love the game, but i really miss this.
I’m with you on this 100%. I really would like to see qualifying in GT7. Especially when they add Sophy. That’s a must for sure

-Autobianchi A112
-BMW i3
-Daihatsu Copen
-Fiat 500F '68
-Honda Beat
-Honda Fit Hybrid
-Jeep Willys MB '45
-Mazda Atenza Sedan XD
-Mazda Demio XD
-Tesla Model S
-Toyota Aqua
-Toyota Crown
-Volkswagen Samba Bus
-Volkswagen Beetle
Maybe Alfa Romeo MiTo and Toyota Prius too, but I disagree on the Autobianchi (tuned by Abarth) and the two kei cars you listed, which are essentially mini sports cars.

Last edited:
Maybe Alfa Romeo MiTo and Toyota Prius too, but I disagree on the Autobianchi (tuned by Abarth) and the two kei cars you listed, which are essentially mini sports cars.
Oh yeah I forgot about those two.

and yeah Autobianchi and the kei cars are still sports cars when I think about it.

It's maintenance time.
There is a certain school of thought that thinks BMW licensed only boring cars to GT2 because videogames at the time weren't that popular and thus not worthy of the luxury brand.
IIRC this reasoning was disproven as it was mainly a speculation of why GT didn't have the M cars while NFS High Stakes (and Sports Car GT) did.

There is a certain school of thought that thinks BMW licensed only boring cars to GT2 because videogames at the time weren't that popular and thus not worthy of the luxury brand.
There were no boring cars from BMW in GT2. We got the 7 & 8 series. Plus, the Racing Modifications for the 3-series that resembled the super touring cars. Those were more mainstream(which doesn’t really mean boring) orrferings in the 2.8(2.5) liter cars. The Compact/Ti was cool too.

GT3 was weird. Not many cars from some brands(almost like GT Sport), but it was still cool choices.

I‘m fine with every update we’ve gotten. If there are cars not to my liking, I just don’t bother. Someone else will enjoy them.

There were no boring cars from BMW in GT2. We got the 7 & 8 series. Plus, the Racing Modifications for the 3-series that resembled the super touring cars. Those were more mainstream(which doesn’t really mean boring) orrferings in the 2.8(2.5) liter cars. The Compact/Ti was cool too.
Yep, I thought it's kinda cool that the game has those BMWs and the other regular cars. I've seen people drive those kind of cars in Nurburgring track days.

PD even put a damn Alphard on the datamined list, though it's not a guarantee that it will come to GT7.

Yes, the chance of driving your own car in the game was higher, but most of these regular cars felt like absolute crap to drive on a track.
That's honestly what made things fun about GT or Forza sometimes; being able to see how a regular car handles on a track. We know it's not going to handle good like other cars, but it can be hilarious. I've had some fun experiences doing this on Assetto Corsa.

---
and of course someone could then go play AC with mods I guess if they want to have regular car fun, but I never saw that as a fair argument. Because not everyone has a computer with the power to play games at that level.

B3Z
Agreement. Still waiting on CT9A, VR4 Galant, EG civic, RSX Type S, ITR Sedan, CRX, IS200/300, MB 2.3 EVO, 02-07 STIs (Bugeye, Hawkeye), Sentra SE-R, F-40, McLaren F-1, too much classics missing and some new addition would be nice.
It doesn't make any sense to travel to Europe or NA to scan an Acura or a Lexus when they have JDM variants that happen to be faster.

All MB EVOs were 2.5.

God forbid we go back to listing all model years on a single generation.

i am really looking forward to the celica. but with another rally car we definitely need some more gravel tracks. but then i remember that driving on gravel is not GT`s strongpoint...

Notice is up on the website regarding update on 15th.Usual stuff but no mention of PP requirements maybe being changed,i know things do change when the update drops though.👍

Last edited:
Expecting the Chiron and the Celica rally car to go in LCD, everything else in BC
The Chiron will be in BC, the Celica will be in the LCD because of the legendary disqualification they got in 1995. There is no real reason why that car would be legendary if any, the legendary car is the ST185

Last edited:
The Chiron will be in BC, the Celica will be in the LCD because of the legendary disqualification they got in 1995. There is no real reason why that car would be legendary if any, the legendary car is the ST185
Agreed, no reason to expect the Chiron anywhere other than brand central and the Celica should qualify for legendary status.

Off-Topic but damn what’s up with that Christmas-Emoji, Mariah Carey??
That’s evil😄😄

What “regular” cars does GT7 have? Only the modern Fiat 500 comes to mind (the non-Abarth version).
Alfa Romeo MiTo.
Citroen DS 3.
Ford Focus ST.
Fiat 500 F Lounge.
Honda Fit Hybrid.
Mazda Atenza and Demio.
Mini Cooper S.
Peugeot 208 GTI.
Suzuki Swift Sport (both of them).
Toyota Aqua and Prius.
VW Golf GTi and Polo.

Okay, so some of the above are the "hot" version of the regular (ie. the DS 3, 208 GTI, etc.) but they're still pretty regular and accessible cars.

Back