December/1.27 Update Discussion

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 742 comments
What about this "little" thing? Bug or...

This is 2 year old news . Vanilla discovered those layouts in GT sport along with The Barcelona tracks . He also predicted in order , Laguna Seca, Daytona (was ready to be added in GT sport but was cut), Trail mountain , Deep Forest , Watkins Glen, and Road Atlanta. PD added new variations for Lago Maggiore , and Alstice in Gt-7 that could have been held back as DLC as well as adding rain to a bunch of tracks that we got as " dlc " in sport.

I do wish they'd give us more than silhouettes to get excited about for each update. Most service games have a separate announcement of upcoming content instead of just the patch notes.

Still, a fun looking collection of cars this month. And a VGT.
And only a 30-second trailer for each update.

This is 2 year old news . Vanilla discovered those layouts in GT sport along with The Barcelona tracks . He also predicted in order , Laguna Seca, Daytona (was ready to be added in GT sport but was cut), Trail mountain , Deep Forest , Watkins Glen, and Road Atlanta. PD added new variations for Lago Maggiore , and Alstice in Gt-7 that could have been held back as DLC as well as adding rain to a bunch of tracks that we got as " dlc " in sport.
How you know Daytona was planned for GT Sport? Just because it was on GT Sport's skybox database, doesn't mean it was planned for that game. Road Atlanta was there, then disappeared from GT7's inner files that mattered until one update before it arrived.

(Also it wasn't Vanilla who posted the videos of the Barcelona and Nurburgring layouts. It was someone else.)

This is the GTLM version of the car, equivalent to the GTE class used in the WEC. It's much like the 911 RSR and the Ford GT '18, which are basically race cars from the same championships (the former from the WEC, the latter from the IMSA series to be specific).

And, as mentioned on many occasions in the past, no, GTE/GTLM is not the same as GT3 in terms of specifications and BOP.

To be fair though, PD have already opted to put race cars of this kind into the Gr.3 class without much sense - the McLaren F1 GTR is also an odd inclusion as it's an old GT1 car.

TL;DR it would be nice to have a C8 Gr.3 in the game despite its real counterpart being irrelevant class-wise, though it seems unlikely.
The short tail F1 GTR actually raced against the "Gr.2" F1 GTR and CLK race cars in real life and was far too slow to compete with them but was faster than GT2 so it's actually not that far off base for it to be in Gr.3 atleast without BOP, but I agree the classes are kinda all over the place.

OT: The car list from the upcoming update is pretty good, I wasn't that big of a fan of the last one though it wasn't bad as the Cosworth is a pretty fun and cool car to drive though abit twitchy. Hopefully the Nurburgring updates include new high paying races as the track can definitely benefit from them.

I straight up dont understand why the wheel selection is so terrible.. Lots of japanese brands but basically all wheels that have been made in the last decade, so very little period correct wheels for cars of the 80s and 90s..

Honestly, gran turismo has had super advans in basically every generation of the game, how are there none now?

How you know Daytona was planned for GT Sport? Just because it was on GT Sport's skybox database, doesn't mean it was planned for that game. Road Atlanta was there, then disappeared from GT7's inner files that mattered until one update before it arrived.

(Also it wasn't Vanilla who posted the videos of the Barcelona and Nurburgring layouts. It was someone else.
Vanilla posted them a long long time ago and even drove them showing the ai working on it in GT sport, I'm aware others have posted it . Also evidence suggest It was canceled as it appeared in the same update folder all the DLC tracks did , the other tracks just had working skybox data but did not have a directory to load , daytona did . Also fun fact , Deep forest has a semi complete rain version with puddles while other tracks just have rain .

Also , for period correct wheels , they need to find them and scan them . I have a few wheels I have never seen elsewhere that were sold in catalogs from the 80's .

Last edited:
Also , for period correct wheels , they need to find them and scan them . I have a few wheels I have never seen elsewhere that were sold in catalogs from the 80's .
Bit of a copout excuse. Just because laser scanning as a technique exists doesn't mean 3D artists are suddenly incapable of creating something "by hand" when there are plenty of references.

Also wouldn't explain the lack of Watanabes. They're clearly modeled on the Shigeno AE86 but can't be purchased separately.

Last edited:
I’d gather a Wingless option for those wanting a QV. :sly:

Looking forward to slamming that Celica.

Edit: I guess we know what will be happening in the Livery Editor thread.
View attachment 1214849
Best be sharing those liveries when you're done 😉. Looks like a fun car to pit against the M2C we just got!

Vanilla posted them a long long time ago and even drove them showing the ai working on it in GT sport, I'm aware others have posted it . Also evidence suggest It was canceled as it appeared in the same update folder all the DLC tracks did , the other tracks just had working skybox data but did not have a directory to load , daytona did . Also fun fact , Deep forest has a semi complete rain version with puddles while other tracks just have rain .

Deep Forest in the rain has literally been shown off in an official trailer for GTWS (spawning discourse about it being included in an update) so that's not really a Vanilla special.

Just be careful what you take as gospel, that guy isn't the messiah you might think he is.

'Ahw again no i-Miev :guilty: Or Autozam az-1 or some other kei car or van/mpv like the Honda Stepvan or Suzuki wagon R/R+…

Yes i’m into weird cars :rolleyes:
I still insist that a big part of GT's soul, which has been missing from Sport and 7, is the utterly massive variety of weird and wonderful cars that you'd never expect to see anywhere near a circuit. I mean, who would ever try to win a championship in a Honda Life Step Van?! :lol:

But you could, and people did. Some would even pit them against each other! I remember drag racing against a Daihatsu Storia and being shocked at just how fast it was. A sleeper for sure!

Nowadays that underdog spirit is missing. As for meme cars, you've got... what, the SambaBus, Prius and Fiat 500? Maybe the 4 kei cars? Really not that much.

@Famine Grid Legends already has the Alfa Giulia GTAm, so this isn't the first appearance of it in an official racing game (excluding mods for the likes of AC).

Probably referring to Nurburgring GP/D and VLN layouts (GP/D + Nordschleife).

Whether we get it this update or not, no one knows.

It's probably quicker for you to get a PC, download AC and this mod rather than wait for PD to add the cars and tracks you want. They just keep ignoring a whole subsection of car brands, and same goes for tracks. Not to mention their sloooow progress in adding anything. Trust me, you won't look back ;)

Adding just half of these cars would be a dream come true!

PD always does a blog post the day before the update
This is true, but it's only a day before, and it still doesn't cover all of the new content. I know there's never much to get excited about, but information about new events would be a great addition.

They don't need to do it like Forza, especially since their methods of delivering content are different. But with Forza, we know everything that's coming before the update.

It doesn't matter much, the content doesn't change, and I know there will never be enough new events to get me excited anyway. Still, the way they're doing it now isn't great.

I’d gather a Wingless option for those wanting a QV. :sly:

Looking forward to slamming that Celica.

Edit: I guess we know what will be happening in the Livery Editor thread.
View attachment 1214849
I think there is no force in the world that will stop this from happening...first thing I am gonna do once I get the Giulia is creating a fitting retro livery like that one...:lol:

Last edited:
Didn't expect this update to actually be special, but the selection of cars should please a lot of people and (even if we exclude Ferrari VGT) there are more cars than usual. I wonder if it's going to be special in any other way.
Anyway, another exciting update! Still waiting for those CT9A Evos though.
Agreement. Still waiting on CT9A, VR4 Galant, EG civic, RSX Type S, ITR Sedan, CRX, IS200/300, MB 2.3 EVO, 02-07 STIs (Bugeye, Hawkeye), Sentra SE-R, F-40, McLaren F-1, too much classics missing and some new addition would be nice.

Back