• Thread starter McKiernan
  • 81 comments

McKiernan

Premium
Ireland
Dublin/Ireland
McKiernan
Nope
Okay, so it's time for a new track in the Fun Racers Club . This time we'll be hitting the Deep Forest Circuit!

As always, everyone is welcome - especially newer drivers. Driving aids are allowed.

We are going to be running a short series consisting of 5 laps around the Deep Forest Circuit on
Monday June 6th & Monday June 13th at 9:00pm GMT

The race will be held in my lounge, so add me if you haven't done so already. My PSN handle is McKiernan, and please write "Fun Racers" in the subject.
Please do NOT join the room before 9pm, as this might cause problems in the setup. And do remember to clear network cache and restart your PS3 before joining.

You will not know what car you are racing until you join the room. The car will be ready to pick up in the garage at 9pm UK time. All you need to do is choose the color and tyres.
There will be no points awarded.
Please try to keep the racing as clean as possible. But don't be too alarmed about the odd bump, alright? Chatter while driving is more than welcome, so grab your headset.

Please post below if you are interested, even if you are already a member of the club, and/or have raced before. A few is good, but the more the merrier.

See Ya On The Track!

Fun Racers Club

Join the Fun Racers, for a relaxed racing experience

Fun Racers: Monday June 6th Deep Forest Circuit

Car: HighEnd Performance G37

01. McKiernan
02. CSSdk
03. RDAardvark
04. Eidolon_600
05. TurambarMakart
06. Mushy_Peaz_
07. KWAKAMAN39
08. jackargent
09. Jhodas
10. miata_1
11. pitihawk

Fun Racers: Monday June 13th Deep Forest Circuit

Car: AEM S2000

01. McKiernan
02. CSSdk
03. RDAardvark
04. TurambarMakart
05. despawn
06. Mushy_Peaz_
07. wat3rm370n
08. jackargent
09. DJAbacus

Last edited:
As always :)

And to whom it may concern, last night I was experiencing some lag issues every now and then, which made the cars jump all over the track, making them hard to miss. So if I bumped you I appologize... though not to the owner of the white parked car :)

Last edited:
I still don't know if i'll be free or not !

For sure if free i'll be racing with you guys ! ^^

Good Stuff Mushy, I'll pencil ya in & nice one for the free Jammer, wasn't expecting that, nice surprise.

This seems to be filling up pretty fast :) I'll stick people down for both weeks unless I hear they can't make it for the second week.

Looks like it's down today ;(

Service out until 2nd June.

PSN will be taken offline today (1st June) at 4.30pm for scheduled maintenance. The service will be restored tomorrow (2nd June) morning at 7am.

With a PlayStation Store? There's no mention of it.

During maintenance the PlayStation Store, Network Account Management and Network Account Registration will be inaccessible, advised Sony.

PSN sign-in will be disabled after 4.30pm this afternoon. Ensure you're around beforehand if you want to remain signed in.

Sony announced yesterday that the PlayStation Store will be restored by the end of this week.

McKiernan
Good Stuff Mushy, I'll pencil ya in & nice one for the free Jammer, wasn't expecting that, nice surprise.

No Problem it was a spare one,I remember you saying your VW GTi was your highest pp level car that you hand ;)

and me, the moving chicane!

haha. My bf always says that people are using me as rolling chicanes. LOL
So if I make it, that will be MY position. Move over elginge. :) Because I know you're better than me from the practice the other day. haha.

What happened to DJ, it's been a while since he joined in on the mondaynight sessions?

What happened to DJ, it's been a while since he joined in on the mondaynight sessions?

I dunno, he's like the Scarlet Pimpernel, he says he'll be there, but no sign. Regular mystery man

I just joined the group. Put me down for both weeks.

Added, you'll have to add me as a friend on PSN to join my lobby,
Love the handle by the way

Bad news for me today got the yellow/red flashing lights on my ps3
So im of to Maplins to try and fix it :(

That's not good at all - I used a heat gun and new thermal paste to fix my old one but it was just a temporary fix. Gave out again after amonth or so and then just kept going. I think GT5 seems to hit it harder than say FIFA.

Good luck with the repair.

Im down for the 6th, not so sure about the 13th. Im pretty rusty as I havent driven since the whole psn issue.
Hope to see you all on the track.

Tis true Chris....haven't really got back into it since PSN got down...obsessed with 'Game of Thrones' atm so reading every night....so I am going to hopefully be there on Monday..cheers DJ

Im down for the 6th, not so sure about the 13th. Im pretty rusty as I havent driven since the whole psn issue.
Hope to see you all on the track.

Me too mate...let's get on the track....👍

This sounds good- count me in for both nights - have just joined the group & will add you once i can get my son off the ps3. Fairly new to online racing so i'll keep a look out at the rear of the field!!!

Last edited:
I'm in. I've already got DJ added. looks like there's a couple of free slots, sign me up for Monday 6th. It's good to be back!

This sounds good- count me in for both nights - have just joined the group & will add you once i can get my son off the ps3. Fairly new to online racing so i'll keep a look out at the rear of the field!!!

Added, you'll have to add me as a friend on PSN to join my lobby,
PSN McKiernan

Well Monday Night's full, assuming everyone shows up. Should be fun. Remember to clear your cache & reset your PS3 before joining the lobby

Last edited:
jackargent

Sweet avatar dude Brum rockS
Look forward to racing u on track ;)

elginge
That's not good at all - I used a heat gun and new thermal paste to fix my old one but it was just a temporary fix. Gave out again after amonth or so and then just kept going. I think GT5 seems to hit it harder than say FIFA.

Good luck with the repair.

Only took about hour and half to fix it
Very simple to

As I'll have to work the latest shift again tomorrow (can't say no when not on a permanent contract... Plus, the money's handy), I'm going to miss out again. That means there's one more slot up for grabs.

Back