Deep Forest Suprise Nights, Monday 6th & 13th June

• Thread starter McKiernan
  • 81 comments
Sorry guys, I'll have to skip the race tonight. I've had a really hectic day at work, so I doubt I'll even manage to keep my eyes open till the race start... I'll hit the bunks instead. Good luck, guys! :)

Thanks for your excellent hosting the last 2 weeks Mac...👍

As for the races....good fun....I was fine TC=5 and ASM switched on....but with those 2 off I was well......crap.....lol.....all a learning experience though....can only get better....:dopey:

Was a pleasure hosting, if people can they should give it a go. It really helps you feel more involved in Fun racers.

Racing tonight was a barrel of laughs, that car was a beast but tons of fun & the racing was intense, crashes, unplanned pitstops it had it all. Thanks to everyone I had a blast as usual.

Some roast cuts...

20110613s2000surprise01s.jpg

*sniff - sniff* Do I smell something cooking on the starting grid?

20110613s2000surprise02s.jpg

Do I smell something burning?

20110613s2000surprise03s.jpg

Oops, overcooked!

20110613s2000surprise04s.jpg

"I meant to do that"

20110613s2000surprise05s.jpg

Someone implementing an interesting pit strategy... in the 4th lap of a 5-lap race. :D

I figured it was safe since the cars looked identical... so the names are omitted to protect the silly. :D

And yeah, accidentally going out on the track on the comfort tires... I knew immediately something was very uncomfortable! :lol:

Last edited:
Great pics, wat3rm370n. That last one is just epic! 👍

Had some great fun tonight. Even took the time to snap a few pics, just to show some of it off. And unlike wat3rm370n: I do NOT omit the names.

We start by seeing how McKiernan overtakes:

Yes, he did go straight through me.

Then let's see how I do when I try to overtake. I spot McK having trouble:

I go wide:

It's obvious I can't make it, so I give him a few meters:

I try again, avoiding hitting him:

I crash and burn:

:lol:

Sorry, Gav, I just had to. And I figured you're able to laugh at it – and possibly get me back later if you have to.

There was some really good racing tonight, and tons of laughs. Me crashing after trying to overtake Gav cleanly was just one of them... Gav crashing seconds after stating he was not going to crash anymore was another.

A few bonus pics just because I played around with the filters... The first one is me and wat3rm370n, the second is me, wat3rm370n and RDAardvark:

You were right I did laugh, out loud even :)
but this;
" Me crashing after trying to overtake Gav cleanly was just one of them... Gav crashing seconds after stating he was not going to crash anymore was another."

nearly made me wet myself :crazy:

Loving the pic with you & watermelonpunch

A few bonus pics just because I played around with the filters... The first one is me and wat3rm370n, the second is me, wat3rm370n and RDAardvark:

I'm probably the one with a poof of smoke behind me. If there's a poof of smoke behind a car, it's usually me.

I'm going to try to capture some highlights of last nights racing as it had everything from the sublime to the ridiculous.

Next week, I'm your host and we're visiting the Nürburging GP/D circuit. The new thread is here so sign up!

Sorry I missed this one guys. Something came up.
Looks like it was a blinder, and that pit strategy certainly is 'interesting...'
I've played with that S2000, and it is a monster. Will be resigning for Monday...

I've created a video of my last race of the evening.

Note: There are a couple of points where the video skips back in time to catch up with another on track battle. Plus the move of the evening is repeated just in case you missed it the first time! :)

Last edited:
Great Video....must of taken a while....I'm sure I was in the first race though??

The video is just the last race of my night - There were only 5 of us left at that point.

I saved four replays, so depending on time, I'll try and make another video. This one was made really because of McKiernan's excellent pit stop move.

Heheh, I can't take all the credit! I copied the idea from Chris, legendary.
Oh I've a few other replays from the night if you want them

He just had to prove he wasn't overcooking the tires. (Because that's what it looked like - though it did seem wild to me how severe it was. haha.)

LOL :D

It seemed wild to me to, it was me who had to swerve to avoid him at the start, not what you expect getting off the line.

It seemed wild to me to, it was me who had to swerve to avoid him at the start, not what you expect getting off the line.

I was mortified when it happened. :dunce: Kudos to you for avoiding me.

Back