Derek Speare Designs - Button Boxes - Shifters - Great Gear

• Thread starter derekspeare
  • 1,567 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your order. Your email confirmation was sent on October 31st, 27 minutes from when we received your order. All the details of your order are in that confirmation email. It was sent to the email address you have indicated in your post.

Thank you for choosing DSD Components :gtpflag:

Hi all - here's an update for November 16th: All orders promised for shipping by the 17th will ship on time in the morning tomorrow. All shifter orders promised for shipping by the 19th will ship in the morning as well.

A warm thank you to Doug Meyer for his video review of the DSD Race King r12 LED:

:gtpflag:

3D printing is the future. Here are some photos of a quick release adapter we developed for the G25/27 wheels. The 3d printing process used is industrial grade SLS with high strength plastic (tensile strength of 7500+ psi). The black one is for the T500.

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

Here's an update for November 22nd: All orders promised for shipping on or before November 26th will ship on time and likely two days early. We're hoping to get most of the orders out on Monday morning :) Thank you!

★ ⚑ DSD FTW! Win a DSD Race King LED for Thanksgiving! ★ ⚑

Hi friends,

It's time to win another great DSD Component and celebrate American Thanksgiving as well :D We're pleased to offer up a DSD Race King r12 LED for Thanksgiving in another DSD FTW! promo. The winner's name will be announced on American Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 27th at 8pm/2000 EST US. To enter, hit up the DSD Site and navigate to the DSD FTW! page. Enter your name in the form there and you could be a proud owner of one of these very popular (and really hot) button controllers!

1510572.jpg

Congratulations to David Scott of the California Club who was the winner of the Halloween Race King LED from last month as well. I'm grateful to say that DSD has given away more than 150 button boxes and other prizes over the years in our popular DSD FTW! promos. Thank you for your interest, support and friendship!

Gobble gobble and GLA!

d

Hi all - here's an update for November 26th: All open CSW Ultra orders have shipped. All open Race King r12 LED orders have shipped. All open Race King orders made BEFORE November 20th have shipped. All shifters promised for shipping by today have shipped early. Thank you! (this basically means that everything shipped really early ;))

@azril - great video and photos! :gtpflag:

Here's an update for December 7th: All orders promised for December 8th will ship in the morning tomorrow. Orders for the 15th, 17, and 20 are on time as well. Thank you!

Apologies for neglecting to update here: All December 8th orders have shipped. December 15th orders will go on time and possibly sooner. Thank you!

Hey everyone, just wanted to post a few pics of my new arcade/sim racing cabinet I've been working on. I ended up going with DSD's "2014 Track Boss" (because of the attractive bezel) and I'm very happy I did. Great materials, great construction, great customer service. DSD is the real deal! Thank you for producing such a high-quality product.

IMG_9560_zps4701c73b.jpg

IMG_9545_zps58a1432a.jpg

IMG_9553_zps2c1c7fe3.jpg

Last edited:
Hey everyone, just wanted to post a few pics of my new arcade/sim racing cabinet I've been working on. I ended up going with DSD's "2014 Track Boss" (because of the attractive bezel) and I'm very happy I did. Great materials, great construction, great customer service. DSD is the real deal! Thank you for producing such a high-quality product.

IMG_9560_zps4701c73b.jpg

IMG_9545_zps58a1432a.jpg

IMG_9553_zps2c1c7fe3.jpg

Thank you! Happy racing and happy new year!

Updates: All orders promised for shipping by the 7th have shipped on time. Orders shipping for the 15th will ship as promised. Thank you!

@derekspeare Just wondering if you have had any issue with the DSD loadcell Freestanding load cell Amp on the Ricmotech Load cell for the G25 ?

I want to get as much resolution I can get ? Don't want to spend $ if it doesn't do much

Many thanks

Hi friends,

The DSD Wilwood Professional Grade Sim Racing Pedals have been significantly updated with some new parts. This enhancement impacts the throttle pedal. The change is very positive and should not only pique the interest of those who are waiting on the next round of pedals to be released (Round 11) but will be of interest to those who already have our pedals in service.

Here are the photos of the TEST MOCKUP which is using parts only to check fit and alignment - THIS IS NOT A PRODUCTION UNIT.

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

The throttle arm is now entirely new and does not use the spring-to-base system any longer. The throttle arm is also moved 25mm or 1" to the right of the brake pedal and retains the option to move it inward if folks want that. This change also eliminates the baseplate from the system and is mounted directly with the holes in the Wilwood base frame. The throttle arm will now have the same "weight" as the clutch and be just as heavy, too.

NOTE: The extension plate will be made from 3/8" thick 6061 aluminum. The pivot extension is made from 3d printed stainless steel.

PEDAL SPACING: Spacing from centerline of clutch to centerline of brake is 125mm or 5". The spacing from the centerline of the brake to the centerline of throttle is 115mm or ~4.5".

EXISTING UNITS IN SERVICE: These parts can be used by anyone who already has a set in service. A parts kit will be made available at some point in the future, but the logistics of such a deployment are still being considered.

NEW ORDERS: We intend to start taking orders for Round 11 towards the end of next month or by the beginning of March. If you want to have your name on the alert list for when we take orders again, see this page here:

http://www.derekspearedesigns.com/pedals.html

For those of you like me that get their heels hooked between the pedals and heel plate, simply unscrew it, flip it around and whalah! Instand joy!:cheers:
image.jpg

Last edited:
3D printing is the future. Here are some photos of a quick release adapter we developed for the G25/27 wheels. The 3d printing process used is industrial grade SLS with high strength plastic (tensile strength of 7500+ psi). The black one is for the T500.

Hi Derek

Very excited about this new quick release system for the G27, I tried looking on your website for more details but it has not yet been updated, if you don't mind, a few questions...

I already have a G27 adapter and button plate from DSD, will the quick release system just go on to the back of the adapter which is on the back of the button plate which is on the back of my aftermarket wheel?

If I have two aftermarket wheels, two button plates, two adapters and two quick release systems I can just swap over my wheels and have full button capability like a fanatic set up?

Many thanks.

EDIT: After having a proper look at the pics it looks to me that the quick release bracket is also the adapter and that the button plate can't be connected via a quick release?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back