Derek Speare Designs - Button Boxes - Shifters - Great Gear

• Thread starter derekspeare
  • 1,567 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Charlie, the setup is only for PC. As far as I know the setup for triple screens requires quiet a bit of extra hardware when using PS3 or XBOX.
Your Welcome :D I hear you have to have 3 XBOX's for triple screen :scared: I run a single screen for PS3, then I switch HDMI cable from PS2 to laptop for PC gaming. I mainly do Euro Truck Simulator 2. Sorry Derek for getting off topic :lol: I just love this guy's rig!

Here's an update for July 14th: Below are some photos of Test Mule #3 fitted onto our new CNC baseplate/heel plate assembly. This is a prototype and it came out nicely. We'll offer it as an add-on option for new pedal orders and existing pedal owners can use this as well.

Note: This is a prototype so it's not ready to ship. We expect it to be at least 4 more weeks at the soonest before we can ship this new assembly. The heel plate is fixed and non adjustable. It will not be cheap, and machine work is not cheap either. Expect 350-395 for the assembly, shipping and all needed screws. The material is 6061 aluminum and shares the G25/27 pedal mounting pattern. Kindly overlook the warts on the Mule ;)

Thank you!

HPIM2150.jpg

HPIM2151.jpg

HPIM2152.jpg

Here's an update for July 21st: All orders promised for July 21st have shipped on time or sooner. CSW Ultra Panels are shipping and some went out today. The remaining open orders are shipping and will be completed by Wednesday. Some pedal orders have shipped and the open orders will ship on time and as promised. Other orders are shipping according to your email confirmation. Thank you for choosing DSD Components!

Everything is on schedule to move out as promised. All pedals have been tested and ready to go...but heel rests are getting fabbed Saturday and out they go Monday. Thank you!

:gtpflag:

2014 DSD Pro Sequential Shifter

Here it is - Size Matters! We will be releasing this shifter by the end of September. The shifter is precision CNC machined from billet 6061 Aluminum and is huge. The shifter stands 19 inches tall and weighs 7 pounds. There is nothing like it. Be assured this will set you apart from the pack like nothing else will.

We expect to offer this shifter for less than 750 USD shipped anywhere in the world. Each one is hand built in our production center located in the USA and comes with a lifetime warranty to the original owner. The action is tight and sold, and the device is fitted with switches rated for a million cycles. You MUST mount this shifter securely - THIS IS A MUST. It will arrive with a USB cable and be plug and race. Complete the form on the page linked below if you wish you receive an email alert for when we take orders for this shifter. We will not make many at a time.

HPIM2163.jpg

HPIM2165.jpg

HPIM2166.jpg

HPIM2167.jpg

HPIM2168.jpg

The inspiration for the new design:

v8scboc2.jpg

v8scboc3.jpg

http://www.derekspearedesigns.com/2014-dsd-pro-sequential.html

Thank you for looking,

Derek Speare

Damn Derek, just made a substantial investment in some steering equipment, knew I should have waited. Thought you said there were no additional addons for the pedals. Lol

Hi Derek,

Any plans on providing the shift knop for the "Old 2013" version pro sequential? :-) Looks absolutely amazing the new 2014 pro sequential! ;-)

Damn Derek, just made a substantial investment in some steering equipment, knew I should have waited. Thought you said there were no additional addons for the pedals. Lol

The CNC base/heel plates are not ready yet. Those can be added to any pedals, and customers with pedals in service can use those parts as well. My plan is to have them ready within the next 60 days.

Hi Derek,

Any plans on providing the shift knop for the "Old 2013" version pro sequential? :-) Looks absolutely amazing the new 2014 pro sequential! ;-)

The knobs from the Pro Sequential shifter are interchangeable with the new one as they all share the same threads ;) That black knob can be used if one wants. The new shifter will ship with the knob shown in the photo.

The knobs from the Pro Sequential shifter are interchangeable with the new one as they all share the same threads ;) That black knob can be used if one wants. The new shifter will ship with the knob shown in the photo.

Hi Derek,

Sorry if my message was not understood correctly. Is it possible you could provide the aluminium shift knop for the 2013 pro sequential shifter as in only the shift knop from the new 2014 shifter? :-)

Hi Derek,

Sorry if my message was not understood correctly. Is it possible you could provide the aluminium shift knop for the 2013 pro sequential shifter as in only the shift knop from the new 2014 shifter? :-)

The aluminum knob on the new shifter is exclusive to that component. Each shifter is machined as one package which means one complete, finished device. We don't plan to offer other knobs for the Pro Sequential. I believe I may have posted a link to a place who makes aluminum knobs with different threads...

I actually meant the shifter as a necessary must have addon for the pedals.

You can put my name on one of those for sure

We'd be happy to get one to you...be assured the new shifter will be made in limited production runs and not very frequently.

Update: Pedals have shipped and button controllers are shipping with the remaining going out tomorrow. Thank you!

The aluminum knob on the new shifter is exclusive to that component. Each shifter is machined as one package which means one complete, finished device. We don't plan to offer other knobs for the Pro Sequential. I believe I may have posted a link to a place who makes aluminum knobs with different threads...

Hi Derek,

I know you posted a link to a place on ebay, but I would like you to get my money as I really like your hardware, and not a shop on ebay. :-)

Hello,

DSD manufactures various USB controllers for use in PC Gaming. Our controllers include 32 and 64 button controllers as well as 12bit controllers. All of our electronics are manufactured in our American production center under my direct supervision. Having our own controllers allows unlimited latitude when it comes to production and R/D.

What you see below is our 32 button controller shrunk down to the smallest possible footprint without requiring insane manufacturing demands. We've got 32 button connections (encoders, etc.) without the need for a matrix on a 50mm x 35mm package. This puppy will fit anywhere you want.

More information will be circulated when we have the first batch of testers made. We expect to have them in hand and ready for testing in the next month or so. Street price will be about 50 bucks shipped.

download.png

Thanks for looking and happy racing!

Derek Speare

♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ 3 Kings + DSD = The Winning Hand ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦

(this post has some photos which may take a few seconds to load)

Hi all,

Here's an exciting new button controller we're proud to introduce. Below is the DSD Race King r12 LED. This device is jammed with functions! For 239.75 USD you have a device with the following functions:

• 10 - LED Illuminated Pushbuttons
  • 1 - Lighted FVS Button
  • 5 - On/Off Toggles
  • 4 - Two Way Momentary Toggles
  • 1 - 12 Position Rotary Switch
  • 4 - Two Way Rotary Encoders each with Integrated Pushbutton
  • FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE!

For more photos and details about the DSD Race King r12 LED, please see the DSD Site here:

http://www.derekspearedesigns.com/race-king-r12-led.html

HPIM2176.jpg

IMG_0140-1.jpg

HPIM2175.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

HPIM2173.jpg

Thank you for looking!

d

NOTE: Other colors may be offered in time, but as it stands, they are made in White Chrome, Red or Blue. Also note that if you want to use this device for other than iRacing or AC you'll need to use SVMapper to extend the functions from 33 on up to remap them to keyboard commands. Lastly, this device is KING SIZE and measures approximately 7.5" x 10.25" x 4" or 190mm x 260mm x 100mm. It will be the component to make your sim racing setup the King of the Race!

OMG I am buying one if not two of these!

When you want realism and practicality and a product like this comes along you cant help but lust for it.

Sad thing is I wanted to hand make a similar item but after seeing this I know I will never get close to this quality!

Well Done!!!

EDIT:

I cant decide on color! White or Red????? What do you think?

Last edited:
@Hatless...Thank you. All of my devices are my favorite :) They all look VERY cool, but - and as much as it pains me - the White Chrome is my personal choice.

@derekspeare - Thanks I like the white too. I have a ton of respect for lads that go out there and make things happen like this. It's not easy. And although I'm new to this level of sim racing gear all my research on all the sim racing websites and forums has mentioned your name in a positive way. And no doubt this latest version will be a success.
I'm at midwifery baby birth training at the moment so I haven't ordered it yet. The class hasn't started yet just in case your wondering why I'm typing this and not supporting my wife and unborn child lol.

@derekspeare
Received my pedals today thanks very much. Exactly 7 days after you sent them.

Fitted and calibrated them without a hitch. All game platforms recognized them straight away as well. I could immediately feel the difference between this set and my previous set. The brake felt softer but with so much more control and the accelerator just as smooth. You have really perfected that braking system. It feels like a combination between loadcell, spring and pot, all mixed together. The clutch bolt got a rubber cap to stop the metal to metal noise.
I had to make an aluminum plate to clip over the accelerator face to save my racing shoes from being grated to pieces. But they are the Fast Track Sim soft sole type shoes which I did not expect to last very long. I will get better shoes I think.
For anyone interested, I used a 30mm flat aluminum, 170mm long. 20mm from each end, was made narrower to 17mm then bent back to clip over the face of the pedal.

I noticed the shipping cost and must thank you for selling these pedals to us at what must be a ridiculously low price. Also thanks for the logo, it found a perfect spot on the sim.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Totally destroyed my boots last night:gtpflag: Which brand do you guys recommend using on these pedals? Has to be some type of hard durable yet flexible rubber sole.

Totally destroyed my boots last night:gtpflag: Which brand do you guys recommend using on these pedals? Has to be some type of hard durable yet flexible rubber sole.

Remove the rough materiel on the throttle at least. I have seen few people doing this, as they worn there shoes while operating the pedals ;-)

Edit:
PedalTreadTest1_zps6df72635jpgoriginal.jpg

I removed the emory tape and it does not look that bad. And it is not that slippery either. The tape peels off easily and the glue left behind cleaned it off with some turps.

Strike new racing boots from Xmas list

Hi all...Here's an update for August 12th: All orders promised for August 13th shipping have shipped today and as promised. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back