Derek Speare Designs - Button Boxes - Shifters - Great Gear

• Thread starter derekspeare
  • 1,567 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

There's always been interest in a high end, professional level shifter for use with sim racing. I used this weekend to design what I think folks would want. This has been a shifter I've been wanting to make for a long time, and we're fortunate here at DSD to have some capable men who can make this device a reality.

NOTE: These are preliminary renders and are about 98.725% accurate; prototyping will shake out any kinks. Also note that the baseplate on this shifter will be larger to accommodate mounting. The device measures about 18" tall and will be made entirely of 6061 aluminum alloy from the CNC process. The slot in the baseplate allows for the user to adjust the spring tension easily.

Every part on it is proprietary DSD and fresh from my mind
smile.png
:gtpflag:

Pricing will be TBD, but likely 750+ USD (including USB electronics so it works)

Availability: Q4 of this year

s1.png

s2.png

@nipzon - you deserve some goodies!

Here are some photos of the CNC parts promised for later this year. What's there are two supports and the heel rest. The base plate is coming "soon". The other part is a handbrake extension.

image-2.jpeg

image-3.jpeg

These CNC parts will allow anyone who has DSD Pedals to remount them from the existing base plate to the new parts. New orders later this year will have it as an option. My thoughts on refinements to this component system are focused also on making sure that existing customers can use any improvements made as well.

Looks really great, but Sorry Derek I have to say it this time 750$ is too much for this shifter!
I saw a guy from Drivingitalia made almost the same shifter with less than 400$!

DSD Pedal Pr0n! Lube It Up - Full Oil Pics!

DSD Pedals - Care and Maintenance

All DSD Components are manufactured for a lifetime of use and enjoyment. DSD Pedals are virtually maintenance free. We recommend that you periodically inspect your pedals for smooth operation of all three pedal arms. If you wish to lubricate them on occasion, any household oil may be used; we recommend 3 in 1 Oil. It is also recommended that you inspect your pedals from time to time to ensure they are clean and free of debris such as pet dander, small toys or other foreign objects which may find their way into the pedal mechanisms. DSD Pedals are "set and forget" and can likely withstand earthquakes. However, periodic inspections will help to ensure you enjoy your pedals for many races into the future.

The photos below indicate all of the lubrication points on the pedals. Do not use any solvents on the pedals such as WD40 or other chemicals. We recommend 3 In 1 and lubricate the pedals with that type fully prior to shipping. You can use vegetable oil if needed, but petrol based oil is preferred. DO NOT OIL the potentiometers - these are the highest quality of this type, have million cycle lifespans and only need a puff of compressed air and that only on a rare occasion.

This post is made for posterity and easy searching and for reference to anyone having interest. The DSD Site has a number of updates planned in the next week and this will be a further supplement to the Care and Maintenance section we have currently.

NOTE CAREFULLY: The RED ARROWS indicate the oiling points on the pedals. You only need to use a few drops of oil and only if needed. Also note that this is one of our Test Mules doing the modeling so she's not as glamorous as the pedals you may have.

Thank you!

HPIM2131.jpg

HPIM2134.jpg

HPIM2135.jpg

HPIM2139.jpg

HPIM2143.jpg

HPIM2136.jpg

HPIM2137.jpg

★ ⚑ DSD FTW! Win a set of DSD Pedals ★ ⚑

Hi all,

Pedals are the singular topic dividing friends like nothing else can do! So instead of endless talk about this and that, we feel it's better to "Put Up"...the world has plenty of talk...the world needs more "Do".

I love pedals! I am sure you do, too...many love ours, and DSD is proud to give away a set of our Professional Grade Sim Racing pedals to a lucky winner on July 4th, 2014:

7160390_orig.jpg

The winner's name will be announced at 8pm EDT US on Friday, July 4th - American Independence Day. EVERYONE from EVERY Part of the globe is eligible to win and we will be promoting this across all forms of the sim racing space.

To enter you will need to hit up the DSD Site and submit your name via the form. I'll let the folks give up a hint, but it's not the Support page...that won't do it. You will receive an email confirmation when you have submitted your name.

http://www.derekspearedesigns.com/index.html

Remember:

DSD = Value
DSD = Service
DSD = Performance
DSD = Win!

DSD FTW!

I will ask that if you enter the contest that you bump the thread so everyone has a fair shot. Thank you for that and thank you to everyone for their participation, support, enthusiasm, interest and friendship over the years. It's important to me to keep the goodies flowing back to the folks who cheer us on. It's a privilege to serve all of you!

GLA!

d

Last edited:
I don't think the bump thing applies here since the topic is sticked, but here it is nevertheless. :dopey:

hippo-bump.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back