Derek Speare Designs - Button Boxes - Shifters - Great Gear

• Thread starter derekspeare
  • 1,567 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done to Chris Bull! So happy you're giving back to the community - especially all the button boxes you're giving away in 2014 S2 in iRacing! :)

I was going to enter the comp but being a PS3 only guy I didn't really have a use for them and didn't want to rob somebody else of the chance of winning that beautiful prize!

I also feel better about not entering as I had a little delivery today...

image.jpg

Above is my order of a G27 mini button plate, extended paddle shifters, a wheel adaptor and Tilton style pedal plates.

I won a second hand 310 mm Momo suede steering wheel off eBay and just need to get a suede cleaning kit to make it like new...

image.jpg

Have also bought a BMW centre cap for the wheel and some decals, the same sponsors as displayed on the BMW GT race cars.

I'm going to fit everything at the weekend just in time for race one of my GT3 series championship.

I'm looking forward to seeing my G27 wheel and pedals transformed!

Thanks Derek, was a pleasure to order from DSD, great service and delivery was quicker than expected!

Cheers mate!

Here's an update for May 1st: All orders promised for shipping my May 2nd will ship on time and as promised. Pedal orders promised for shipping by the 6th will ship on time and as promised. Thank you!

Hi Derek,

I have a question, do you do PS3 button box from a sixsaxis or dualshock?

As much as I would love it if he (or someone) did, Derek has made it clear many times that he doesn't. PC only.

On a different note: Derek, have you given any more consideration to doing your Tilton-style pedal pads for the T500? I would certainly be interested. Thought about modifying the existing ones to fit, but hoping there might be enough interest in proper T500 pads that you might consider doing them.

How about I toss in a free set of pedals too ? :) :) :P

HPIM1349.jpg

HPIM1350.jpg

These are heading into closed testing this week. The arms are 5/16" alloy steel. There are no pads on them, but there will be pads on them :P

d
Would be cool if you have the option to put real car pads/pedels of your likeing.

Here's an update for May 4th:

All pedal shipments promised for May 6th shipping will ship on time and as promised on Tuesday, May 6th. The pedals due to ship are all fully assembled and testing will be conducted today; this is about the 90% completed stage. Tomorrow will see them packed for shipment Tuesday morning.

The "Early Birds" for Round 4 (the next round of pedals) have essentially filled it up, so new orders for Round 4 will likely not be taken. The Early Bird deposit program will be extended and the discounted pricing will be continued for Round 5.

Thank you!

d

image.jpg
I have a DSD SHIFTER delivery waiting for me at home. Cant wait to get home to instal and start testing.

Thanks for speedy delivery Derek :)

Edit: installed and tested :)

Last edited:
Hi all,

We've been working on a new adapter for the G25/27 wheels. I'm happy to report we have them ready to go!

9844470_orig.jpg

Our newest adapter is precision CNC machined from 5/8" 6061 aluminum alloy to give you a stunning finish and a perfect fit. The CNC version of our Universal adapter is supplied with 6 M5 x 20mm flat head screws and ships to you for free anywhere in the world for 59.75 USD - FREE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING!

Specifications: For G25 or G27 Wheels
Rims Supported: Any rim with 70mm hexagonal mount
Thickness: 5/8" or ~15.8mm
Weight: 6oz or 175g
Material: 6061 Aircraft Aluminum Alloy - CNC Machined

To order, simply click on the below link:

http://www.derekspearedesigns.com/wheel-adapters.html

We have a limited number in this first batch and will ship new orders immediately beginning on Wednesday, May 14th.

Thanks for looking!

d

Been testing the Short Throw Pro Shfter and must say I am very happy. Solid shifts with no double shifts while driving with a motion simulator. Makes the T8HS feel like a toy, sorry TM.

@derek, I am thinking of getting another controller box and was thinking would there be an easy way of daisy chaining your boxes? I am running out of USB ports for rfactor2 and other games.

Been testing the Short Throw Pro Shfter and must say I am very happy. Solid shifts with no double shifts while driving with a motion simulator. Makes the T8HS feel like a toy, sorry TM.

@derek, I am thinking of getting another controller box and was thinking would there be an easy way of daisy chaining your boxes? I am running out of USB ports for rfactor2 and other games.

Enjoy the shifter, Nipzon! :gtpflag: All DSD USB Components are independent, stand alone devices.

Hi all, from my post above you may (or may not) know that I ordered some DSD components for my G27. Before I ordered these items I was toying with the idea of getting another wheel such as the t500rs with the GTE rim...I'm glad I didn't!

At a fraction of the cost I feel that my G27 has been transformed and I've fallen in love with it all over again!

If anyone is thinking about upgrading the parts on your G27, my advice is do it, not only does my G27 base and pedals look different, they feel different too.

Thanks again to @derekspeare for making these components in the first place and for the great service. I thought that being a console racer only I wouldn't be able to use mods or upgrades on my set up, thanks to DSD I can!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'm no expert in DIY or electrics but if you can use a screwdriver and unplug/plug a simple connector then you are good to go!

Thanks again Derek, I am well pleased!

Last edited:
Thank you, Pip - I appreciate the time you took to post your photos and thoughts! Looks GREAT! :gtpglag:

Thanks Derek, and thanks for all your help with my order. I really feel like I have a new/different wheel and pedal set, my old G27 has been transformed!

If anyone is interested, this is how my G27 wheel & pedals looked before...

Last edited:
Here's an update for May 30th: All button devices promised for May 30th shipping are shipping today. Thank you :)

All pedal orders are shipping today, too :)

:gtpflag:

May 31st, 2014 Update - Lean Back option - Pedal arms are "leaned back" about 10 degrees:

HPIM2126.jpg

HPIM2127.jpg

HPIM2128.jpg

HPIM2130.jpg

HPIM2125.jpg

There is no charge for this option on new orders - Option will be offered for all new pedal orders.

NOTE: If you ordered a set of DSD Pedals from Round 1 to Round 4, your pedals can be converted easily to the "Lean Back" configuration. We WILL offer a refit kit for owners who have pedals in service and it will be about 50-60 USD. That kit will include all the necessary parts to reconfigure your pedals. We'll have that option for ordering from the DSD Site in the coming weeks and there will be an instructional video to reference as well taking you through the steps to refit your pedals.

New pedal orders open up for the Early Bird Deposit Participants tomorrow, June 1st as early as possible. They will have the option to order either the Lean Back or Full Upright configurations. There is NO CHARGE for the new style for new orders. Round 5 pedals and forward will also be identified in the Windows Device Manager as "DSD Professional Grade Sim Racing Pedals" to make locating them easier and to refine the component that much more.

It's been a while since i've wandered in here and i'm stunned, Derek you produce such a premium product that seems to be unmatched by anything else as far as design and build quality goes, and you listen to all the feedback and use it to make your products even better.

Your pricing compared to the quality of your products shows that you clearly aren't out to make a quick buck so all I really have to say is thank you for supporting this sub-culture.

Cheers mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back