Derek Speare Designs - Button Boxes - Shifters - Great Gear

• Thread starter derekspeare
  • 1,567 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The announcement was made via email to all who subscribed to the alert notice. Anyone who takes the time to visit the DSD Site and click the below link can receive the next email alert:

http://www.derekspearedesigns.com/pedals.html

The special pricing was not disclosed in advance, and all those who subscribed to the notice did so knowing the full price of the pedals. That price won't be offered again, however. It's our intention to offer the next round of orders a generous discount as well, but it won't be more than 100 off the prices listed on the above page.

/\/\

That's cool. It's an amazing deal you gave them. I didn't sign up for the e-mail because I wasn't planning on spending that much cash at the moment, although things would certainly have changed for such a crazy deal. You win some, you lose some.

@derekspeare any idea when the next batch will be available? Just a rough estimate will do.

Will give me a break from checking my mail with every opportunity I get. lol

Here's Trackzilla...some folks may remember the original DSD Trackzilla from a few years ago. This one has 63 unique functions on ONE usb controller:

HPIM2061.jpg

There are 14 buttons, 7 two way toggles, 7 on/off toggles, 6 encoders each with integrated pushbutton and an 8 position rotary switch in the middle position between the encoders (compatibility is with iRacing and AC only if you want to use more than 32 buttons on one USB device)

Oh, and it's HUGE!
  • Pricing: We are working to ship this anywhere for less than 200 USD;
  • Availability: Early Summer
  • Button Color Choice: Yes - one color only
  • Size: Measures approximately 7.5" x 10.25" x 4" or 190mm x 260mm x 100mm
  • LED Pushbuttons: Yes, as an additional ($$$$) option
Trackzilla says, "Slower traffic will be eaten"

@nipzon - The next round will open up most likely around March 21st or possibly sooner. The Email Alert will come about 24 hours before orders will be accepted.

@Paul - Thank you :gtpflag:

Hello folks,

Here's an update for March 13th: We're installing a 256bit SSL certificate onto the DSD site to ensure everyone has the "green bar" when visiting. While there's never been any trouble, and we take security with the greatest seriousness, the secure connection will give a substantial amount of peace of mind to everyone.

Thank you for using DSD Componens! :gtpflag:

Here's an update for March 17th: Happy St. Patrick's Day! All orders promised for shipping on or before March 17th have shipped. Thank you.

Here's a photo of some pedals, too...this is a very rare photo of unfinished components. The next round of orders will be taken some time around March 21st or 22nd. The email alert will have the precise time when.

Attachments

• HPIM2064.JPG
    HPIM2064.JPG
    284.3 KB · Views: 13
Received my P1 controller today thanks Derek. Very impressed with the quality of workmanship and your packaging. Now to mount it and programming of the buttons.

:cheers:

Derek: I sent an email to customer support on your web site and did not get a reply so I thought I would try here. I currently have a G27 that I mostly race online with Gran Turismo 6 on the PS3. I likely will go to iRacing once the PS4 and GT7 come out but until then I would like to upgrade to your pedal set but am reluctant to spend $900 unless I am sure that they can be used until I switch to the PC world. Will the Leo Bodnar Logitech® G25/G27/DFGT/DFP or Generic Pedals Adapter allow your pedals to be connected to the Logitech G27 wheel. Thanks

Received my P1 controller today thanks Derek. Very impressed with the quality of workmanship and your packaging. Now to mount it and programming of the buttons.

:cheers:
Thank you, Bert! Happy racing!

@ All - all technical details of DSD Component are fully stated on the DSD Site, and any question one would have about what me manufacture is indicated there. Each man is expected to read all of the information we publish. Doing that will provide any answer anyone would seek.

Thank you!

d

:gtpglag:

Just ordered my P1 controller today, looking forward to recieving it. Derek..Love the look of you pedals man, simply awesome.

Pedals look good. What is the maximum brake force? The load cell is rated for 100 kg right but with the leverage of the pedals the true force for full brake is a lot less I assume?

I saw Derek Speare first on Inside SimRacing. They had great reviews on it! If I get enough money, I am hoping to build a cockpit or buy one. Do you guys do custom dashboards? Just wondering :D

Pedals look good. What is the maximum brake force? The load cell is rated for 100 kg right but with the leverage of the pedals the true force for full brake is a lot less I assume?

There's no force too great to apply to maximize the output when the sensitivity adjustment is all the way down. See this page for all pedal questions for those who do not have a set on order:

http://www.derekspearedesigns.com/pedals.html

I saw Derek Speare first on Inside SimRacing. They had great reviews on it! If I get enough money, I am hoping to build a cockpit or buy one. Do you guys do custom dashboards? Just wondering :D

Q15 from the DSD FAQ answers this question directly:

http://www.derekspearedesigns.com/questions.html

Thank you.

Derek, didn't have any 'Check your Paypal email of record for your shipping information' any clues to shipping date?

Derek, didn't have any 'Check your Paypal email of record for your shipping information' any clues to shipping date?

Customer service matters are handled at support@derekspearedesigns.com - posting to a forum does us no good as it's impossible precisely who folks can be and privacy policies don't allow us to disclose customer information in a public setting - if you have made an order from us, which you have, be assured we will do precisely what we promise. Seven thousand customers will tell you that.

Every customer receives at time of order an email confirmation as standard procedure which summarizes the details and the promised shipping date. All published shipping dates are indicated on the main page of the DSD Site. Please refer to your email confirmation for the full details of your order as well as the manner and nature of how we make our shipping confirmation updates.

Thank you! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
I have a P1 button controller and programed function like chat and FOV and seat position but found that the chat can be done over headphone and mic.

Wondering what have you guys programed your controllers for in rfactor2?

Today I've finally mounted Derek's button box called Velocity r5 on my rig. It was sitting in my closet for almost a year in it's unopened package. :)

Reason for that is I had no proper use for button box because I was mainly racing on a console. But now when I moved on to Assetto Corsa recently, I finally had a good reason to put Derek's button box in good use. :)

Now Derek's shiny beautiful button box has found it's place nicely on my rig. I used a mount that I made myself.

Next week I am going to send my DSD Pro Sequential Shifter back to Derek in United States (I live in Finland) for Short Throw Pro conversion and full overhaul, yay. :)

I took some quick photos today of my rig, here they are now (T500RS based system with a few modifications).

IMG_1079.JPG

IMG_1080.JPG

IMG_1081.JPG

IMG_1082.JPG

IMG_1084.JPG

IMG_1085.JPG

Hi Derek, I did my order yesterday and I'm waiting the moment that your CSW Panels - DSD Ultra Series arrives to me. I look your product and all are fantastic. Very good work!
ps: excuse my english, I left the school so many years ago ;-)
Ciao from Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back