Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,853 comments
:lol:

I doubt I would be able to compete with Rue's and Dac_Xint's pics, as well as so many other amazing shots posted in this thread. Yet, I'll post some more when I get the chance... for the time being:

Almost looks sad, if it was raining, it would be like its crying.

Came across a classic car show last night. I will post pics later today. Something a bit special is in there. ;)

Don't forget to post them in the Event thread! Looking forward to seeing what the special car is.

You keep posting that huayra. Is it yours?

Whatever car he shoots/posts, he keeps. Although he might want to let the true owner know about it first...

Mine aren't quite as amazing though. Another MGB:

DSC_0289e.jpg

Westfield Sport and Ginetta G27R (?) under the cover. Didn't manage to get a good look at the thing when it wasn't covered earlier:

DSC_0292.jpg

Last edited:
The 2002 shows them all up for what style is.

I like what he/she has done with that, the rims just about suit it and the removal of the front bumper works. I don't think that's a factory paint job but it's pretty nice. I think if I had a later model with the higher suspension and rubber bumpers I would do something like that with it.

That McLaren shot is awesome... great blend and contrast.

A few German cars from my end, in various degrees of abandon:

Opel Manta
ebDWLc3.jpg

MSaxCHS.jpg

Volkswagen Type 3
tCvBakI.jpg

78YIzFU.jpg

FfGQDQx.jpg

(this last one is taken in Miami Beach)

Opel Kadett
bOXOuDJ.jpg

Volkswagen Kombi - The owner is a coworker, and he's in the pic as well.
rDEIQb6.jpg

Volkswagen Thing
hXrDsqF.jpg

I know this isn't really expensive, but someone please tell me what this thing is.

I was sitting at the light and happened to notice it. Has three wheels, I believe Nissan? But I have no clue.
2013-07-26162459_zpscab0ae70.jpg

Icy J, your pics are cool as ever 👍

Here are mine:

CL 65 AMG
WMdhDsnqgvE.jpg

Ferrari F430
BwbmAIpxmqg.jpg

G 55 AMG
0G0bxtvM2pY.jpg

BMW E93
FEk0tqIFNno.jpg

An old BMW bike with a sidecar, anyone knows the model?
HByntmElooY.jpg

Willys, most likely a replica (these "missiles" - LOL).
t_TgfXkl4tI.jpg

Peugeot 306 race car. Sorry, there was no opportunity of taking a better photo. Just believe me it was a racing 306. :)
QYWW6IfHpVY.jpg

Slammed Audi A3 with green rims. The plates are Swiss. Sorry for the horrible second pic in motion... :ill:
Y2v0gY1LKsE.jpg

LZ4nMQwfblY.jpg

Golf R32
YP9UCIjxkwA.jpg

Sold. Seriously if you weren't so far away and it had little rust, I'd get something like that in a heartbeat. Remove the fenders, 2 inch chop with a slight rake, and get like a '53 Mercury flathead with some go fast bits. Nothing fancy. I wouldn't even paint it. I'd drive the hell out of it and just enjoy it for what it is. I've always wanted a rod like this. Unfortunately they're just too expensive around here.

If your serious try searching my local craigslist (SLO CA). It's not that far from you and they pop up often. Four came up when I searched, two well under 10K.👍

Last edited:
I was driving a route today I sometimes take to break the monotony of the freeway. I passed by a business area, did a double take and a U-Turn and found these parked infront of a non-descript business building.

20130727_111334_zpse7f00e9d.jpg

Saw these last time I was in the US (in June)

Ferrari 458 (Downtown Miami)
vpLOErB.jpg

Toyota Supra (Downtown Miami)
VE1bdx7.jpg

Porsche 911 Turbo (Downtown Miami)
8bsROWm.jpg

Chevy Corvette (Miami Beach)
bTJXViL.jpg

Ferrari 458 (Miami)
CfqAeU0.jpg

Toyota Corolla (Chicago)
CwNqnti.jpg