Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,853 comments
more nice cars out today, though rain threatening, and many of them I recognized as previous spots. not this 190sl, though!

Thanks for the comment! I deliver (pizza) to a guy near here regularly, but always til now when it's almost dark, so never could get a good daylight shot of this car. Classy, clean, all original (except tinted windows.) Would love to chat with the owner someday.

A few oddities:

Rolls Royce -- wedding car
RUluucu.jpg

Toyota Corolla -- which never existed here officially until 1987, and begs the question, if you're going to go through the trouble of importing a car, why make it a 'rolla?
Q5Dm8oP.jpg

Renault Fuego -- forgotten street missile
eJRbHxB.jpg

Fiat 131 Supermirafiori -- I'm told these were pocket rockets
MVeWN4K.jpg

Whatever this is
mCzkJy0.jpg

Fiat 1100
aGucgLy.jpg

Jaguar XJ -- no idea what engine, but it had 2 gas tanks, and an owner eager to sell it
RxZf2il.jpg

Daewoo fishy -- Purely marketing car, it even blows soap bubble through the roof
3zg5440.jpg

Toyota Supra -- almost untouched
MKEbYog.jpg

Another great post, Diego!

Seems like graffiti is changing down there, used to be less stylized/taggy and more thoughtful/political. Though the NOS is a nice combo of both.

And love the marketing on the odd hotdog vendor! "He who eats these dogs will lose his stress! Eat 11, pay for 10!"

Another great post, Diego!

Seems like graffiti is changing down there, used to be less stylized/taggy and more thoughtful/political. Though the NOS is a nice combo of both.

And love the marketing on the odd hotdog vendor! "He who eats these dogs will lose his stress! Eat 11, pay for 10!"

The NOS is more ignorance and leftism, which this part of the world seems to love lately. Thanks for the compliments! I'll upload a few more tonight.

Had some firsts for me recently.

Mercedes SLS AMG convertible! :drool: never seen one in person before and the first one I see is a convertible version. :D He wasn't doing any serious driving and it still sounded beast.
null_zps7f55e6bf.jpg

And anther first. A Subaru BRZ. Only ever spotted the scion FRS's. the pic doesn't show it but I did see that badge and it was a Subaru.
null_zps61fdc672.jpg

Is it me, or what ?

The Blue / White '56 Chevy ragtop. Does it look unproportional ? It kind of looks like it has been squished down into size (lengthwise speaking).

Camaro with a roof rack ..... :nervous: (don't wanna know).
What's up with the yellow modded Vette ? :confused:
Lovin' that old C-10 p-up. :cool:

Nice post Diego, some cool stuff. đź‘Ť

Is it me, or what ?

The Blue / White '56 Chevy ragtop. Does it look unproportional ? It kind of looks like it has been squished down into size (lengthwise speaking).

Camaro with a roof rack ..... :nervous: (don't wanna know).
What's up with the yellow modded Vette ? :confused:
Lovin' that old C-10 p-up. :cool:

Nice post Diego, some cool stuff. đź‘Ť

The chevy you said was squished down, I've seen it done in person before its a kit you can get. You can take it out and put the other back in as well.

The '56 Chevy, as soon as I saw the rims, I lost all interest in asking the guy what the dquishing was all about. The modded 'vette was left to die there... it looks like it was some cool eyecandy in its day, but it's just... dead! I have other pics of it, somewhere.

Went to Mayhemfest yesterday, which was amazing.

Had seen a FD on the way.

2013-07-28115615_zpsb71a8524.jpg

At Mayhemfest I got your service this beautiful truck with a sick paint job.
2013-07-28184422_zpsa7750de9.jpg

2013-07-28184456_zps6b4edb41.jpg

2013-07-28184511_zpse926478d.jpg

2013-07-28184628_zpsa224ff60.jpg

2013-07-28184549_zps3ab8a8d9.jpg

2013-07-28184608_zps998f73f0.jpg

2013-07-28184438_zps400abb12.jpg

2013-07-28184527_zps06a9f52a.jpg

From the looks of it, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Mr. Rob Zombie's truck (doubt it though). Never got to hear it start up though.

This is a Dodge D-100 I think?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_D_Series See the top picture of the green truck.đź‘Ť

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a hybrid... it's quite common here, but this one has Chevrolet decals.

Pontiac Pathfinder
2ynFsGw.jpg

Plymouth Barracuda -- Extra points for scenery, yes?
9dbXT4t.jpg

Dodge Dart GT
wlt729s.jpg

AMC Hornet
LIQBVhj.jpg

Jeep DJ-Dispatcher -- I think this is one of my best finds. It's the Jeep the USPS uses, so it's right-hand drive, and it's converted to civilian use. Plus, these weren't commissioned here... so someone actually went through the trouble of importing it. And the sliding doors are insane. The frame looks bent, though.
UZEn2Ou.jpg

Last edited:
That's a hell of a combination.

It's a nice truck for sure. Should run real strong.
I can't believe I missed that episode. I watch that show all of the time too.

It was last week's I think? I tried to post a link and my computer said I needed to be logged into my TV provider?:confused: I'm horrible with computer's so I'm confused there.:dunce: Ok try this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mhp3fP9Iew

@ Diego 440. Yeah it could be. The rear fenders look like Chevy fenders sorta, maybe a Chevrolet bed with a Dodge cab? It's still very cool and defiantly a great picture. Thank you for sharing it here! Your posts are always great.:bowdown:

Last edited:
It's a nice truck for sure. Should run real strong.

Definitely. The 429 is an amazing motor and even better with aftermarket parts, and the C6 is one of the best transmissions ever built in the history of automobiles. I'm lucky to have said trans factory installed into our pickup =P

Starts at 2:05

Last edited:
You guys only spot good stuff! Awsome work Diego:tup:!

The best wild find I did I haven't even known this site. It was a Fezza 430 Scuderia 16M, about two weeks after it was launched. Only 499 made. Unfortunatly I was two young too remember taking a picture because I didn't know It was that rare. I wish I had so I could show you...

Latest Posts

Back