Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,853 comments
That's the only reason I shot it. Old 911s are common enough, but ones that the owner's cared enough about to personalize are always cool.

9468242973_3989614c16_c.jpg

He's missing a brakelight :P
Would be awesome to visit Monaco one of these days.

It's probably because the LEDs turn on and off faster than your eyes can see to allow for different levels of brightness, but the camera caught it, just like you might see when you watch a video of a car with LED lights. Or it has Italian build quality :P

photo-81.jpg
. Today in a PetSmart parking lot.

Yesterday I saw a beautiful bright yellow current gen Camaro with black "hockey sticks" and a fat black stripe on the hood/bonnet/hunk of formed sheet metal that covers the engine. Some chubby woman in her mid 30's got in it. I didn't hear any engine note until she left the parking lot. She had to romp on it to merge with rush hour traffic. It made me cringe when I heard the wimpish note of a V6 instead of a thundering V8!!! :barf:
null-7.jpg

got me a goodie today! one of 350... in the world! [/clarkson]

and a few more...

busted!

hmmm... one of these is good, which one again?

a camaro palindrome! (racecar)

Last edited:
yes... and he hates the SL65 Black... but I still hear his voice saying "in the world."

mmm, don't know why I can't find it in my Flickr, so I uploaded it again and here it is, CLK63 Black Series that I spotted 2 years ago.

Nice, like what they've done with the interior. Presumably Europas didn't originally have all that brushed aluminium? More likely the dash from a Ford Anglia or something :)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the frame is after market too. I believe they were originally X Frames and the last photo looks like straight rails most likely for safety.

Well, I can't prove it, because I didn't have my camera with me, but I saw a BMW M4 camouflaged car driving through my small town last week... thats twice now I've seen BMW testing a car round here... I've just got no idea why they would.

Again, I can't prove it because I didn't think anything of it at the time but I have seen a white BMW M1(not sure which year although I do know they were only produced for 3 or 4 years).

Couple spots today, starting with this Allard!

Then some promenade shop spotting

Starting with a Cayenne Turbo

Grand Sport

997 Carrera S Cabrio

My first Model S spot in PA!

CL55 AMG

My favorite spot of the day, Alfa Romeo 156! Thought I was seeing things while approaching it. :lol:

I seen a Toyota 86 a few weeks ago, and I have photos on my phone so I'll have to upload them. I know it may now sound very rare but in England, where Ii am from, that was the first one I have ever seen.

That's actually a 166. How'd they manage to get it into Pennsylvania?

They most likely snuck it in by using some dubious loophole and/or had some fun with the paperwork to get it registered. It is obviously not federalized, but somehow still has a valid PA registration and inspection. Very questionable. A user at The Car Connection message board spotted the same 166 Super six years ago (link via web.archive.org) in NYC, so it must have been on the road for a long time.

Regardless of its legality, it's cool to hear of sightings of grey (black?)-market cars in the U.S.
Gorgeous car and great find!

I know I am doing a no no in terms of this thread, but I saw a Ford Focus ST today. I had no idea those had already made their way to the US. I do remember reading that there were plans to make a US market ST, but I do not recall any mention of when. I guess not having a subscription to any car magazines has taken me out of the loop of knowing what cars are being released/developed.

Back