Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,853 comments
Saw a Homeland Security truck today. No pictures at the moment, but I've seen it a few times before. Interesting.

Last edited:
First A 45 AMG spot for me. Hell, driver overtook that truck later ignoring solid lines, speed limit and no overtaking sign. Keeping that driving style I think his car will be parked soon for a while.

VW Iltis (Typ 183) with perfect match plate.

I seen a white 1956 BMW 507!

Never heard of this car before GT6 then one pulls up in the garage next to my shop.

I had a chat with the driver and he is loaning it to Murrey Walker for the week end.

I see a lot of rare BMs as there marketing is near my work,

Ive seen:
CSL wale tail
M1
Z1
Z8

all just this year.

Someone tells me they have temp controlled bubbles with lots of rare Bms out back. Going to have to blag an invite for a look around.

Saw a Homeland Security truck today. No pictures, but I've seen it a few times before. Interesting.

I seen a white 1956 BMW 507!

Never heard of this car before GT6 then one pulls up in the garage next to my shop.

I had a chat with the driver and he is loaning it to Murrey Walker for the week end.

I see a lot of rare BMs as there marketing is near my work,

Ive seen:
CSL wale tail
M1
Z1
Z8

all just this year.

Someone tells me they have temp controlled bubbles with lots of rare Bms out back. Going to have to blag an invite for a look around.

Please read the first post. Basically, do NOT report what you've seen if you don't have pics of the stuff.

Also, an Iltis! Awesome spot!!!!

Got a lot of good stuff to put up. Only been living in Dallas a week and have already had a boat load of spots. I'm going to try and get a few more today and I'll get the pictures uploaded. Here's a little preview.

40eadcc2142d11e3846522000a1f9d5a_7.jpg

MGB GT

DSC_0343.jpg

Mazda 3 MPS

DSC_0340.jpg

Plus I walked by this warehouse again today, only to find even more R35s than the last time I went past a few months ago. Along an R34 parked further back:
DSC_0341.jpg

Please read the first post. Basically, do NOT report what you've seen if you don't have pics of the stuff.

Also, an Iltis! Awesome spot!!!!

I was implying that I was trying to get a picture. It's been parked in the same spot for a while, so I will probably get a picture of it soon.

That, and I don't feel comfortable taking a picture of a goverment vehicle. :scared:

Is it the AMS linked uk Garage? Not sure the location of it.

Severn Valley Motorsport HQ, as it turns out. Looks like they house a handful of UK and European quarter-mile record breaking GT-Rs. Didn't know such a place was based within a mile of where I live, though it does explain why I see modified R35s fairly regularly around here.

Got a lot of good stuff to put up. Only been living in Dallas a week...

40eadcc2142d11e3846522000a1f9d5a_7.jpg

Those latitudinal-placed red FIRE LANE stripes in the DFW area confused the hell out of me. I circled a parking lot a few times, pulled up next to a policeman, and asked him "uh, where do I park?"

Those latitudinal-placed red FIRE LANE stripes in the DFW area confused the hell out of me. I circled a parking lot a few times, pulled up next to a policeman, and asked him "uh, where do I park?"
I take it you also noticed most of our street lights are also horizontal? Get a lot of out of town friends who find it somewhat bizarre compared to most everywhere else.

I take it you also noticed most of our street lights are also horizontal? Get a lot of out of town friends who find it somewhat bizarre compared to most everywhere else.

I have seen those. They are somewhat strange but it really depends where you are. I've seen both in the same city before.

So where are you suppose to park? I assume from this picture that those spots are actually ok?

I have seen those. They are somewhat strange but it really depends where you are. I've seen both in the same city before.
Yes, but in DFW, the majority are like this.
vfiles17520.jpg

In most of the continental US & major cities, the street lights are vertical where as vertical lights here are more common around the airport or streets where something may need to use the road to cross periodically. The only other place you'll see vertical lights is like above to show people if it's safe to turn right or not with the main lights.
So where are you suppose to park? I assume from this picture that those spots are actually ok?
Yes. Anything in front of where you can read the words properly is illegal. The area behind it is fine.

It ends up meaning that the fire truck will just pull in front of your car.

Last edited:
McLaren
Yes, but in DFW, the majority are like this.

In most of the continental US & major cities, the street lights are vertical where as vertical lights here are more common around the airport or streets where something may need to use the road to cross periodically. The only other place you'll see vertical lights is like above to show people if it's safe to turn right or not with the main lights.

Yes. Anything in front of where you can read the words properly is illegal. The area behind it is fine.

It ends up meaning that the fire truck will just pull in front of your car.

Usually, I've noticed the sideways traffic lights if they're mounted on mast arms or the rectangular gantries. A handful of places have the occasional cable-mounted horizontal traffic lights, usually where there's low clearances.

Interesting colour combo on the SLS above 👍

Reminds me of a 'Monaco' edition Renault of the late '80's.

Spotted this awesome Buick last night. The right taillight's not out; they were actually signaling to turn right. Turns out the Grand National has the slowest turn signal ever.

9681989362_d14b05ff0f_h.jpg

"Daily traffic"in my area includes a multitude of AMGs and M series. Are those considered acceptable to post?

We get a fair few of them in the UK (probably more still in Germany), particularly the M's but others seem to go nuts for them so yeah have at it :)

Spotted this awesome Buick last night. The right taillight's not out; they were actually signaling to turn right. Turns out the Grand National has the slowest turn signal ever.

I see tons of these. They are pretty sweet cars, nice spot 👍

I saw what I thought was someone rebadged a red VF Commodore. Then I noticed the driver wasn't where he was supposed to be. Then when it's passing me, on the rear window are stickers reading "LEFT HAND DRIVE". It was a Chevy SS in Melbourne CBD. No pics as I didn't think it was anything special.

I saw what I thought was someone rebadged a red VF Commodore. Then I noticed the driver wasn't where he was supposed to be. Then when it's passing me, on the rear window are stickers reading "LEFT HAND DRIVE". It was a Chevy SS in Melbourne CBD. No pics as I didn't think it was anything special.

Don't just state the name of the car. Give us a picture at least - even if it's a crap one from a camera phone. If you can't show us the car, how can we believe that you saw it? And don't just replicate an image from Supercars.net or the vendor's web site: we want to see THE car that you saw.

Is that Domo hanging out under the Grand National? That's something you don't see everyday!

Latest Posts

Back