Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,853 comments
Ferrari 458 Italia - regardless of how common this one could be in Tokyo:
Always a great find for me. Spotted on a landside park&ride parking lot.

Rallying an Enzo?

How about an FXX? And then crashing it?

I don't see a huge problem with using a Cobra as a daily either, if you're somewhere sunny.

It'll buff out...seriously though there is also the important point that unless such cars are completely written off, the owners can afford to get them repaired/rebuilt. See Rowan Atkinson and his F1 for a good example. It's rare for cars like these to be completely totalled (an exception being the Miura that caught fire and burned out in London recently).

Equally, the owners really aren't bothered about high insurance premiums :)

EDIT: First time I've seen this amateur supercar rallying though, is it very widespread?

Rallying an Enzo?

That's a car designed to race. What so shocking about a racecar crash?

I don't see a huge problem with using a Cobra as a daily either, if you're somewhere sunny.

If you liked and valued the car, you would understand why it's a bad idea to drive a car every day on America's bad roads and impatient and crazy drivers that is worth as much as a 427 Cobra is. ($750,000 and up)

Edit:
And an actual Enzo getting it's tires dirt, many thanks to CallmeDan for the link.👍

That's the video I was referring to. ;)

Rallying an Enzo?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAOzZgKX01s">YouTube Link</a>

Edit:
And an actual Enzo getting it's tires dirt, many thanks to CallmeDan for the link.👍

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-4v4I7Gzk0">YouTube Link</a>

I'm 90% sure that isn't an FXX but and Enzo in drag, it looks to short and doesn't sound like an FXX.

I'm 90% sure that isn't an FXX but and Enzo in drag, it looks to short and doesn't sound like an FXX.

It's an Edo Competition Enzo ZXX. Basically an FXX-style bodykit.

2012-ferrari-enzo-zxx-edo-competition-zr-exotics-2.jpg

Last edited:
I saw a yellow Gallardo driving by. I was too late to take a photo, though.

About three minutes later, I saw this car:

I know this is old, but

Haven't posted in a while because of my old phone's camera sucking. But hey I managed to catch this one standing still...

300SL

I feel like I don't fail to dissapoint:sly:

Ohmigod :crazy:

Welcome to the club!

xXKingJoshXx
If you liked and valued the car, you would understand why it's a bad idea to drive a car every day on America's bad roads and impatient and crazy drivers that is worth as much as a 427 Cobra is. ($750,000 and up).

It's meant to be driven, period. The only exceptions I could conceivably make is for a museum piece that: A) parts are impossible to find, and must be entirely machined so it can run -- really ancient stuff, not a five-year old production vehicle B) it's not safe nor legal to drive on public roads C) you're driving the other museum piece around, and those pesky inertia laws don't respect being in two places at once.

While America has some bad roads and crumbling/outdated infrastructure in places, a primary system that is equalled in many other nations, it's still far and away the most extensive compilation of safest and modern network of improved roads anywhere in the world.

Every place has a couple of crap roads or those with sketchy maintenance, or some narrow donkey paths that were blazed centuries ago, but never paved, but it's trumped significantly by the amount of paved public road that actually serves something more than a long driveway or farm.

Driving standards aren't top notch here, but at least it's not the Dominican Republic, or Iran. Then again, it isn't St. Vincent and the Grenadines or Iceland, either.

Last edited:
There's a guy at my college that uses this as his daily driver.
Camera focused on my dash... but luckily the guy parks at the same spot every day so I'll get better pics either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Gotbeefboy564
32 Ford?

70s Cuda?

The first one looks like a later Model T. They call those hot rods "T Buckets." The Cuda looks like a '73.

Ohmigod :crazy:

Welcome to the club!

Thanks! Though she's not my first 300SL. I've seen two before. One much like that grey one you posted WAY long ago that was in questionable condition. But this one is by far my favorite classic Merc

300s
8A6npL7.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure which thread these qualify for as they were neither at a showroom or in public, but at a family member's place. Here's what I got, anyway...

Just ignore the assorted relatives in some photos :lol:

1273206_10151920404173169_1185122059_o.jpg

1294257_10151920404833169_187079021_o.jpg

1264016_10151920405273169_452535559_o.jpg

1232973_10151920405608169_1114298485_o.jpg

798327_10151920406183169_268770453_o.jpg

1272465_10151920406433169_474964445_o.jpg

The rims on the 2nd Vette are a little big and a little too chrome for my tastes, but it still looks amazing. :drool:

You have a family member with those cars? My God. I am so envious.
Ditto. Though I'd like to see his name on a piece of paper next to one just to be sure. I believe him but still.
The rims on the 2nd Vette are a little big and a little too chrome for my tastes, but it still looks amazing. :drool:

Agreed. I think the first Vette is slightly better in that regard.

Not sure which thread these qualify for as they were neither at a showroom or in public, but at a family member's place. Here's what I got, anyway...

]

That Dino is amazing!

No disrespect to your family member but....
WTF!
Is that a C6 made to look like a '63 spit window? Any pics of the front?
It looks a little weird.

Not sure about the last Vette at all, didn't really like it though. Must be some kind of company who make the kits. The first one and the Dino are genuine though. The dino is one of the flares and chairs models apparently.

Latest Posts

Back