Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,853 comments
hmm... not Celica Supra, but looks early 80's, and yet unfamiliar. wonder what model/year exactly. And yeah, my favorite spot of the many good ones you got there. fun partial of the NSX a close 2nd.

image.jpg

image.jpg

'Murica

While at work today I managed to get a few pictures of this beautiful 1993 Mazda RX7 Enfini (FD).

The guy who owns it was telling me about it as I took pictures of it. He said he hasn't had to restore anything on it, so it is all original. It was very clean (like new) inside and out. I really do not like yellow cars, but I love this model RX7.

I thought it was cool that he also likes the Enfini RX7 (FD) and not the Spirit R Model. He even agreed with what I said about the Spirit R being "too flashy" and this model having a subtle look to it.

Sorry I didn't get a picture of the engine compartment, I was about to see if he wouldn't mind popping the hood, but I had a customer that was on the way in, so I wasn't able to do so.

20131008_115019_zpsb6bd4b3e.jpg

===
20131008_115029_zps047d932d.jpg

===
20131008_115002_zps4d7c4594.jpg

===
20131008_114950_zps759895b3.jpg

=========
I do see a lot of cool cars come by where I work, I will try to get more pictures of them. It's hard to do though when I have to attend to customers.

There's a regular customer that comes once a week. He has a Old Fairlane (which he is selling). I will try to get a picture of it soon.

Where do you live where a car that's only 20 years old needs a restoration? It shouldn't be a surprise that it's all original. Really cool car though.

GTMail
Where do you live where a car that's only 20 years old needs a restoration? It shouldn't be a surprise that it's all original. Really cool car though.
I live in Michigan.

I have seen three FD RX7s (including that one) since I moved back, none of which were no where near in good condition like this one.

I mean judging by the outside, it looks like he has never driven it in the winter. Not a scratch or sign of rust.
Kamuifanboy
Oops, got the FC mixed up with the early generation FD's.

All good. I used to get them confused too.

The FC model look like this
Screenshots_2013-10-08-20-31-09_zps88fc6739.png

===
Screenshots_2013-10-08-20-31-47_zps14fd9b47.png

I don't get to post many spots in here to often, more less a commentor / help to indentify. But here are a few I had stashed in my phone for a while.

1940 Ford Sedan Delivery
40FordSedanDelivery_zpsacec7ccf.jpg

Not a car, but this was waaaaay cool. Kenworth W900L / C-15 Cat / twin turbo's / 18 speed Eaton Fuller / dual 8" stacks. This sounded sooooo bad-ass.
badassorangeKW_zps6e976bf3.jpg

AMG
AMG_zps3d362553.jpg

'49 Chevy
49Chevy_zpsb4216971.jpg

SL65 Benz
Mercedes1.jpg

E350 Quadra-Van
E350Conversion.jpg

Sweet looking VW Beetle
CoolVW_zps03f517ec.jpg

EDIT : forgot this one.
EVO 7 (think it's a 7)
EVO_zpsdfe436d2.jpg

Last edited:
Lock2Lock, webcam in the window at work, pull the photos out of the video later? And FD :drool: only seen 2 of them that I can recall. I still take photos of FC's and FB's/SA22C's, but they're both waaaaaaaaaaay more common than FD's.

And Nixfix, you spend a lot of time around trucks, don't you?:lol: Where at in Ohio? I'm Cleveland.

and for me today,

S60R, only the 2nd I've seen I think.

Van?

Supra!

Bigbird

Littlebird, 1958?

GT-R? :lol:

1965 Falcon

Americar!

And Nixfix, you spend a lot of time around trucks, don't you?:lol: Where at in Ohio? I'm Cleveland.

The trucking industry pays the bills.

Lives in Canton / Alliance area.
Works the following : Youngstown, Marietta, Zanesville, Crestline, Galion, Mansfield, Wooster, Rittman, Orrville, Dalton, Akron, Canton, Alliance, Dover, New Philly, Millersburg, Berlin, Sugarcreek.

(I've a large busy route) Yes, I see lots of spots, just don't have time to pic them. :grumpy:

-> ...
EDIT : forgot this one.
EVO 7 (think it's a 7)
EVO_zpsdfe436d2.jpg
^ It's an Evo IX, darker tail lights and a USDM-spec rear bumper are dead giveaways. Plus the VII was never released in the North America. :indiff:

BT -> An R32 Skyline GTS-t in Las Vegas...

1234028_3285356709595_1534922325_n.jpg

;)

Porsche 911 Cabriolet (G-Modell)
Left licence plate readable. This is the German version of a licence plate which can be used for two different cars (same category).

Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG (S-Modell) - 585PS - 800Nm - 0-100km/h: 3,6s

Both of them...

jeffgoddin
Lock2Lock, webcam in the window at work, pull the photos out of the video later? And FD :drool: only seen 2 of them that I can recall. I still take photos of FC's and FB's/SA22C's, but they're both waaaaaaaaaaay more common than FD's.

I thought about that.

I would have to get a camera with enough memory to do that (to cover a 6-8 hour shift). The store doesn't have outside cameras (believe it or not). If it did I would ask my boss to re-rewind the camera.

Humm. I have only ever seen one FC. That was when I was living in Alabama though.

What about something set to take a photo once a minute? You should still catch everything, and even get good resolution, but wouldn't be able to "pick your shot" from the video, so might not get a great shot of everything that comes through. But at least a proof shot for sharing here.

I'm back with a few spots around where I live.

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS
IMG_20130915_132955_zpse69c525b.jpg

Ford Taurus SHO
IMG_20130929_162723_zps28a3e558.jpg

Cars in the nearby neighborhoods:

Ford Fairlane
IMG_20131010_133311_zps880a8ca5.jpg

Modified Fox Mustang
IMG_20131010_140510_zps8e2b28ce.jpg

VW Van
IMG_20131010_140706_zpsaeb20c10.jpg

jeffgoddin
What about something set to take a photo once a minute? You should still catch everything, and even get good resolution, but wouldn't be able to "pick your shot" from the video, so might not get a great shot of everything that comes through. But at least a proof shot for sharing here.

I might try to sneak a camera in. Keep in mind it isn't a big. Not a lot of room. Plus the place gets pretty busy when we compete with other gas stations prices. I'll see what I can do. I would love to get more pictures flowing in here.

@RandomCarGuy17
Nice spot on the Fairlane and VW Bus

One thing that helps is cropping the photos, they're probably good resolution but it's hard to see the Corvette and Saab...

Big surprise for me today. Passing by an auto shop just around the corner, in my neighborhood, where I sometimes see interesting cars being worked on or parked at least, this greeted my eyes.

That, too, fiddling with brightness/contrast can help that.

But here's what I mean by cropping:

Isn't that much better?

Back