Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,853 comments
s1rw.jpg

jt32.jpg

Not sure about good but certainly different. I snapped this a few weeks ago in Mississauga On, A Divco milk truck, 1959 I think.

DD54DE2F-DE97-4ABF-9F20-E68C36A55682-161-0000004106BD00F0_zpsb8017c3f.jpg

A couple I got on Thursday.

The color was more vibrant in real life, idk why it didn't show up on the pic :indiff:

And then literally 3 seconds after taking a picture of the truck, a 1969 dark blue Camaro with black stripes floored it going the opposite way of me. I don't think it had the original engine :lol:

Nice Cougar! Truck is nice too but I see those a lot around here. The early '70s Cougars aren't too common though. About the Camaro....well you never know :sly:

Wish I could have gotten pics of the C7 'Vettes that rolled in at my friends work today. Went back to see if they were there and they were gone :/

I really think that's only the 2nd cougar I've seen on the road. And the other one was still in "I'm fixing this" condition.

But... the color on that was just beautiful. So incredibly vibrant <3

Yeah. I'd be willing to bet its been reprinted. Most of them came that vibrant from the factory.

A couple I got on Thursday.

The color was more vibrant in real life, idk why it didn't show up on the pic :indiff:
20131003_131306_zps1e1ae50d.jpg

Windshields tend to filter out the light green to light blue range, since the glass has a slight colored tint to it. Likewise, white tends to pick up this "filter" color, because that's how filters work, by blocking out gentle red colors somewhat.

Your photo doesn't seem to have much windshield glare; so you're either using a polarizer (recommended for reducing reflections) or the sunlight is pointed away from the angle of your windshield. The drawback to a polarizer is that it tends to increase contrast between light and dark color zones (which can be a desired effect for photos other than that of people), but can exaggerate contrast in places where a gentle color gradient is preferred. Using the available lighting from the sun is almost always your photographic friend; even more so during the last hour or so after sunrise and sunset.

I'm not aware of any point-and-shoot or camera phone that permits the easy use of a polarizer, although I've used an old polarizer with a P&S in a museum before. So it's pretty much just an (D)SLR situation only.

Best bet: Only drive west at sunrise, east at sunset. Reality is that you don't always get to make that choice!

Haha, I was going west-ish at 1pm on my way to school. I use my Galaxy S4 as a camera. It may have defaulted to a different mode that somewhat distorts colors. Usually I set it to richtone (HDR) and that gets every single color :sly:

Best bet: Only drive west at sunrise, east at sunset. Reality is that you don't always get to make that choice!

This. When out spotting, I often pick a route that has me on the freeway into the sun, and back with the sun behind me.

And, surprisingly good day while delivering in the neighborhood (threat of rain all day), made like 5 20 minute drives before dark, and this is what I came up with.

First delivery of the day, guy has this in his garage. 1971 Dodge Demon 340.

He just redid all the wiring and is looking to get on the road soon, 55k original.

Actually the first thing I saw was this ute, the Demon was the first thing I saw that I got really excited about.. bad with these, Ford/Chevy, year?

Then I see a CLS63 go by in front of work as I'm just about to get in to my car for a delivery and I have no chance of a photo. That's okay, there's a C55 next door at Half Price Books.

then three in 4 minutes, first a Z06

then a freaking Testarossa! most intimate experience I've ever had with one, letting it pass me on a 2 lane road then hanging with him for a minute, listening to the engine from about 10 feet away.

then the 2nd Thing I've seen this week, 3rd I've seen in my life. odd.

finally just before dark stopped to take a photo of this ... 1970? Chevelle SS, monster sounding car, matching owner. radiator return pipes?

I don't think that c55 is low enough to be an amg. It's either a 🤬 hole who badged it on or they made it ride higher.

I own a C240 and that's what my suspension looks like. There shouldn't be any Fender gap. The w203 Mercedes are probably the most rebadged cars ever

buddy looked it up on carfax... real C55

Edit: and, S10 above is a clue, I'm sure that's an El Camino, just not sure of year.

and on that C55, quad exhaust and front side panel length (that of a CLS for the engine, not that of a C-Class) confirm that it's a real C55, and as it turns out, the first I've seen. Boatload of C63's but first that's not a 63 C-Class AMG.

Last edited:
It's a Nissan Figaro, a retro car only sold in Japan in 1991, but quite popular here as an imported JDM car. (I say quite popular, I've only seen two. But two out of 20,000 in a country where they weren't sold is pretty good, right?) Here's the back:

A woman had one where I used to work, it was a creamy colour and looked miles better than the pink one. There were always people coming in to the car park to take photos of it. They're really nice cars inside and are fairly modern if you get a rebuilt one, too.

Tsurprisingly good day while delivering in the neighborhood (threat of rain all day), made like 5 20 minute drives before dark, and this is what I came up with.

AWESOME post. That Demon :drool:

Also, your El Camino is a 1969, and the Chevelle is a 1971. And no, no radiatior return pipe, intercooler. The thing is blown or turboed.

Another one of these.

DSC_0384.jpg

3-bedroom house GTO

DSC_0382.jpg

DSC_0383.jpg

Spider V6

DSC_0393.jpg

Continental GTC

DSC_0395.jpg

Nismo Juke

DSC_0397.jpg

This... FTO

DSC_0398.jpg

Evo V

DSC_0406.jpg

F-type V6 S. Probably would have missed this if I hadn't heard it coming a mile off. :D

DSC_0400.jpg

GT-R Black Edition

DSC_0408.jpg

Just behind that, a Mansory GT63

DSC_0409.jpg

DSC_0410.jpg

Nice groupe of cars, I just got my Iphone 5s today after I ordered it last Wednesday so hopefully my pics will be clearer after I activate it tomorrow.

Back