Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,863 comments
I didn't have a camera, I had a digital drawing device with some glass and a TV screen :lol:. You just can't take cameras in the fenced in area, all automotive places are like that in the Detroit area (and I assume the world). They don't keep things out there that shouldn't be seen since it's on a main road.

Ford C-Max (Focus Van thing)
IMG_1017.jpg

Hah! 'NOTICE: GATE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE'?! That is the most pointless sign I have ever seen!

some random snaps from yesterday...

mer_c63amg_cl1778_l_01 by R-W-P, on Flickr

nis_gtr_nk88_l_01 by R-W-P, on Flickr

Mercedes 190 by R-W-P, on Flickr

fer_f430_xx787_l_01 by R-W-P, on Flickr

mer_sls_425_l_01 by R-W-P, on Flickr

Last edited:
Agreed. The stripe and the wheels kill it for me.

EDIT: Oh, I just found this. Taken yesterday too I imagine...

5900732975_384ac3ed13_z.jpg

Actually, I like it more...

Cano, this one's for you (and I've got my next one for you all lined up, just waiting for the right conditions).

I was kicking myself when editing these pictures. This car was absolutely spectacular, and it takes a far more talented photographer than I to truly capture its magic. This thing attracted more attention than most everything else I've seen; it was so captivating. Easily the best spot of the summer. If anyone can help me with what model it is, I'd appreciate it (all I have is 69-70 Mustang GT 390).

105-1.jpg

106-1.jpg

109-2.jpg

104-2.jpg

800.jpg

103-4.jpg

http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af81/yytnim/108-1.jpg
http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af81/yytnim/107-1.jpg
http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af81/yytnim/102-4.jpg
http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af81/yytnim/101-9.jpg

exigeracer, that Mustang and your photos of it are gorgeous!

Some panning shots from last night. These were the only ones really worth posting, but that's just how it is when doing this...

Nissan GTR by R-W-P, on Flickr

Bentley Flying Spur by R-W-P, on Flickr

On another note, I just spent a couple of hours driving the pants of a white Porsche 997 Turbo. What a savage beast! The levels of grip are cosmic, I experimented by going round a big roundabout (quite a few times) and that good old turbo smack in the guts really puts a smile on your face! In traffic it's literally easier to drive than my mum's Suzuki Wagon R.

Stunning photos exigeracer and RUE,
the Mustang is simply jaw droppinging cool, and the ever so slightly vintage photo style brings it out so well.

Brilliant steady hands at work Rue, makes me want to upgrade my D-SLR all over again to something I can shoot with a fast AF and good colour at low light.

Aaah, that Mustang is way cool, and it is just that, a GT390, the direct successor of lieutenant Bullit’s car, only this is a 1969, last year of the “small” big blocks, just before Ford jumped full-on to the production of the 428. Or was it 1970? I don’t remember well. Very nice car, and very nice “green” pictures. I like your street, too.

Also, very cool night panning Rue, you’re getting very good at this!

Joey D
How did you know it was imported? Can we see a picture to see what you're talking about?
I had no camera armed but i believe a c30 isn't avalable in the states. But the M3 E30 was an musiem employee's car.

Don't take it personally, we usually don't state the rule unless there's been several in a row without photos, so it doesn't just keep going. You were just lucky enough to be the 3rd in a row or whatever... But do try to come back with some photos, even camera phone, which is all I do, it's great to see what other people are spotting around the world!

Edit: well, to be precise, on the last page there were two, and you make three...

I had no camera armed but i believe a c30 isn't avalable in the states. But the M3 E30 was an musiem employee's car.

C30's are available and have been for quite some time, while not as common as say a Chevy Cobalt, they are fairly numerous. And if you have an armed camera, I really hope you don't shoot me...it might give me a spot of the death.

I don't carry a camera around with me everywhere I go.

If you don't carry a camera then why bother posting in this thread? The rules clearly state that you need to post a picture with your spots, even if it's a crappy mobile phone picture. I miss great cars all the time because I sometimes forget my camera at home, it's just the way it goes.

Joey D
C30's are available and have been for quite some time, while not as common as say a Chevy Cobalt, they are fairly numerous. And if you have an armed camera, I really hope you don't shoot me...it might give me a spot of the death.

If you don't carry a camera then why bother posting in this thread? The rules clearly state that you need to post a picture with your spots, even if it's a crappy mobile phone picture. I miss great cars all the time because I sometimes forget my camera at home, it's just the way it goes.

Oh , there we go, let's single spongey out.
Also, I've already been told so you wasted your time typing that 👍

Oh , there we go, let's single spongey out.
Also, I've already been told so you wasted your time typing that 👍

I'm not singling you out, I point the rules out to most people when they post the name of a car without a picture. There are rules in the very first post that explain how the thread works, you see a car, you take a picture, you post it. I have god only knows how many posts in this thread and all of my car spots have been accompanied by a photograph.

Looking at names of cars is never interesting, looking at pictures of cars can almost always be interesting barring it's something you don't normally see.

And if makes someone think about the thread rules the next time, then it's not a waste of time. Enjoy the hunt, grab your camera and search out something cool and unusual. More then likely someone will have something positive to say if you post a picture.

Joey D
I'm not singling you out, I point the rules out to most people when they post the name of a car without a picture. There are rules in the very first post that explain how the thread works, you see a car, you take a picture, you post it. I have god only knows how many posts in this thread and all of my car spots have been accompanied by a photograph.

Looking at names of cars is never interesting, looking at pictures of cars can almost always be interesting barring it's something you don't normally see.

And if makes someone think about the thread rules the next time, then it's not a waste of time. Enjoy the hunt, grab your camera and search out something cool and unusual. More then likely someone will have something positive to say if you post a picture.

Sorry but I'm not clicking back 1500 + pages, the mobile version goes back only 2 pages per click.

Sorry but I'm not clicking back 1500 + pages, the mobile version goes back only 2 pages per click.

Just an FYI, you can click to the first page on the mobile version no matter how many subsequent pages there are.

No pictures + Cannot find first page...
What are you doing here!?

This is one of the most encouraging group of petrol heads on the forum, who would be happy to see anything from a pink ForTwo covered in hello kitty decals to a full on Batmobile replica, or Conan O'Brian's green Ford Taurus to Clint Eastwood's 365 GTB4.

But without a picture, that's just what the above text feels like, plain text.
double-facepalm.jpg

Last edited:
Back