Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,863 comments
Rue
Agreed. The stripe and the wheels kill it for me.

EDIT: Oh, I just found this. Taken yesterday too I imagine...

5900732975_384ac3ed13_z.jpg

Actually, I like it more...

With different, less tuner look rims, it would be pretty cool!

At the beach in The Hague(Scheveningen) yesterday:
267879_217204448320973_100000942581546_577402_4833738_n.jpg

261418_217204548320963_100000942581546_577403_8074037_n.jpg

263838_217204651654286_100000942581546_577404_5983414_n.jpg

Then I headed to Amsterdam, where I saw my first Tesla!
264760_217204824987602_100000942581546_577406_2786775_n.jpg

Then this..
264751_217207031654048_100000942581546_577407_7810960_n.jpg

:dopey:

Nice photo's here guys, I just wish I could see a third of those cars driving around here.

@ Rue: I actually thought I saw the first dirty car in Hong Kong, it turns out it's just matte black!

@ Heineken :yuck:

:D 👍

Ooo I just "found" this thread and need to get snapping more, see some nice stuff in sunny Bristol, UK. Will probably do a quick potted list of stuff i've seen over the years but with no photo evidence, sorry, but I do know my cars :)

Today outside work saw a silver TVR Tuscan convertible pass by, and a Cobra, most likely a replica though it did have an old silver-on-black UK plate which I think was an old C-plate, not sure if that plants it in the right year. Was black with some sort of orange or red stripe.

And just the other day also saw an awesome purple(!) Nissan Figaro! I need to look that up, must have been limited or a respray.

Couple of weeks ago a neighbour had a beautiful tan Citroen DS21 parked outside, complete with lovely gold/bronze effect badging on the back saying "DS21 Injection Electronique" or similar. Raining heavily both the times I saw it though, then it was gone :ouch:

Will bore you guys with a list of obscure exotics i've seen in this city (and one or two elsewhere) over the years, then get my few snaps up, and make sure I take more pics from now on :)

Had a great time reading just the first 50 or so pages of this thread and so much more to see (though a lot of the pics are dead now) though the point i'm up to there is someone who is/was veeery annoying completely monopolising the thread and seeing everyone as somehow competing with his home city, wouldn't be so bad if any of his photobucket-hosted pics were still there 👎

EDIT: Hmmm I see the "no sighting without a pic" rule is stronger now than it was, which seems a shame, as I think it's pretty obvious when people are just listing cars over and over with never any back up, when I would kinda like to list some pretty obscure stuff i've sighted locally, and just a few from much longer ago! I would find that interesting if someone else did so too, if they are a genuine petrolhead, enthusiast and (by default) spotter. But from then on in, will be pics only, or at least heavily interspersed =)

Last edited:
Had a great time reading just the first 50 or so pages of this thread and so much more to see (though a lot of the pics are dead now) though the point i'm up to there is someone who is/was veeery annoying completely monopolising the thread and seeing everyone as somehow competing with his home city, wouldn't be so bad if any of his photobucket-hosted pics were still there 👎

That's Doug, or M5Power. He was a little hot headed back in the day, but he's cool now since leaving GTP. He's seen some brilliant stuff (though I've seen just as good spots here in Houston:sly:)

EDIT: Hmmm I see the "no sighting without a pic" rule is stronger now than it was, which seems a shame, as I think it's pretty obvious when people are just listing cars over and over with never any back up, when I would kinda like to list some pretty obscure stuff i've sighted locally, and just a few from much longer ago! I would find that interesting if someone else did so too, if they are a genuine petrolhead, enthusiast and (by default) spotter. But from then on in, will be pics only, or at least heavily interspersed =)

I don't think it's a shame. Not in the least bit. I'd rather look at pictures than go through the thread with nothing to look at but "I saw this car" and "I saw that car".

What astrodude said, it's more fun to look at photos than reading you spotted something.. I see lot's of cool cars, can't always take a photo, but keep it to yourself since it's not really 'cool' to read what some one saw..

Ooo I just "found" this thread and need to get snapping more, see some nice stuff in sunny Bristol, UK.

I lived in and around Bristol for more than 10 years and know it very well. Does the guy with the F40 still get around? I used to see him occassionaly blasting past College Green and up Park Street when I was skating there back in the 90's.

Nothing all that special, but from the past few days.

Ferrari F430 Spyder
IMG_1056.jpg

Aston Martin DB9
IMG_1058.jpg

RHD Land Rover Defender with British plates. I'm not sure how legit it is, but it didn't have Michigan plates on it anywhere which is why I question it.
IMG_1060.jpg

International-Harvester Scout
IMG_1062.jpg

Firebreather Camaro
IMG_1064.jpg

Awesome little Bug
IMG_1065.jpg

Last edited:
What astrodude said, it's more fun to look at photos than reading you spotted something.. I see lot's of cool cars, can't always take a photo, but keep it to yourself since it's not really 'cool' to read what some one saw..

I still don't agree but will play ball. What difference does adding a pic make other than to "prove" a sighting? I can Google much better pics in most cases. Instead, no one can mention awesome rarities they didn't manage to take a pic of, which is 99% of occasions for me. If someone told me they saw a Bricklin Invader trundle by locally, hell yeah I would be interested, and wouldn't really need a blurredy pic. Oh well.

Rue
I lived in and around Bristol for more than 10 years and know it very well. Does the guy with the F40 still get around? I used to see him occassionaly blasting past College Green and up Park Street when I was skating there back in the 90's.

Noooo! I've never seen an F40, period! Totally missed that! There used to be a guy who drove up and down Park Street visiting various bars and restaurants in a purple Diablo, quick visits usually (hmmm) but...dang I don't have a picture :)

Did get some interesting pics today though (kinda making a point of it from now on) which I will post soon.

I still don't agree but will play ball. What difference does adding a pic make other than to "prove" a sighting? I can Google much better pics in most cases. Instead, no one can mention awesome rarities they didn't manage to take a pic of, which is 99% of occasions for me. If someone told me they saw a Bricklin Invader trundle by locally, hell yeah I would be interested, and wouldn't really need a blurredy pic. Oh well.

That's precisely the reason you need a picture, to prove that you saw it. Most of the time when someone comes into this thread and says they saw X, Y & Z on a given day I do not typically believe them. I have spent hours upon hours searching for cars before and could never get half the list some posters throw up unless I went to a car show.

The rarer the car the more important a picture is too, I mean think about it, if I said I saw the Loch Ness Monster and he swam up to me and gave me a high five, would you believe me? Probably not. However, if I showed you a picture of me doing it, it would greatly add to the legitimacy of it.

:lol:

No worries man, both are cool and they look so similar they can be confused with each other pretty easily. Still, good pic! Love those old Harvesters.

Joey D, your Land Rover looks alot newer than the British plate suggests. B plates are from 1984/85. Maybe the owner just added it for some authenticity? Did it not have any other plates?

Either that or it's in absolutely mint condition for the age! :sly:

Noooo! I've never seen an F40, period! Totally missed that! There used to be a guy who drove up and down Park Street visiting various bars and restaurants in a purple Diablo, quick visits usually (hmmm) but...dang I don't have a picture :)

Did get some interesting pics today though (kinda making a point of it from now on) which I will post soon.

Yes, I remember the Diablo too, an SE30, but never actually saw it close up. Just a purple blur in the distance.

Here's the 40 on Corn St by the looks of it (not my photo)
ferrari_f40-bt00044_71710.JPG

Spotted this over the weekend... Not the greatest spot in the world, but it stuck out like a sore thumb in that tiny village I was in.
dnemw6.jpg

Rue
Yes, I remember the Diablo too, an SE30, but never actually saw it close up. Just a purple blur in the distance.

Here's the 40 on Corn St by the looks of it (not my photo)
ferrari_f40-bt00044_71710.JPG

That's probably from the annual Italian Car Show they have here, indeed oddly all crammed into Corn St and surrounding alleys. Event is hardly publicised at all so I usually miss it but have managed to get some great pics and short videos too, sadly i've seen that F40 in other folks' pics/youtube videos but it's not been there the years I have. Makes sense that it's the local one you referred to :)

Had to post this plate!

SANY1968.jpg

Old Z28

SANY1910.jpg

I took a pic of this Camaro cause it looks like the Iroc-Z Concept from Gran Turismo 4

SANY1918.jpg

And my favorite.. my uncles 68' Mustang. 289 engine. Went for a spin in it last night

SANY1978.jpg

And I had to get a picture of this for my friend in New York, he has a pink 240SX, this can be his cars girlfriend. LOL

SANY1975.jpg

And this was blasting by my house. Love them old Hilux's!

SANY1948.jpg

Was watering in some seeds and thought I'd walk across the road to finally grabs some shots of the cool hot rod and truck the old guy across the street has. Great hearing him fire up the old Ford when I'm out there grunting in the fields!

'31 Model A with a 302 bored out to 340 something:
photo0027tp.jpg

photo0026en.jpg

Old '49 Dodge firetruck converted to a flatbed:
photo0028qy.jpg

Also, I'm somewhere in the middle on posting without a photo. By that I mean, don't post if you don't have a photo, but if you're posting a few things you've seen, that may entitle you to mention something you saw but weren't able to capture. For example:

On the way home I saw a silver roadster I've never seen before, with a Saturn badge! Turns out it's a Sky, but since I couldn't check it, I can't say if it was a Red Line. Doubly interesting since it was recently pointed out that the Red Line was another car that got the best Ecotec Supercharged 2.0 that the best Cobalt got, and at that time, I had no idea what a Red Line was! Also, trivia, Sky's are on the same platform as the Solstice.

Joey D, your Land Rover looks alot newer than the British plate suggests. B plates are from 1984/85. Maybe the owner just added it for some authenticity? Did it not have any other plates?

Either that or it's in absolutely mint condition for the age! :sly:

Nope, that was the only plate and there was a matching white plate on the front as well. This is what confused me, along with the RHD too.

I wonder if you could register a car in the UK but drive it on US roads? It would be like me driving into Canada I presume.

Nope, that was the only plate and there was a matching white plate on the front as well. This is what confused me, along with the RHD too.

I wonder if you could register a car in the UK but drive it on US roads? It would be like me driving into Canada I presume.

I'm pretty sure you can bring a GB car and drive it in the US provided you are only there for a short amount of time and you are a GB national. When Gumball did their rally in the US a few years ago, there were tons of European (including British) cars that drove across the US with their standard European plates.

Oddly enough, a few years ago in Paris, I saw an Ontario plated Toyota Sienna driving down the Champs-Elysees. Biggest surprised of my time in Paris.

Maybe that plate number had a special significance to the owner and was transferred from the old car to the new car? I don't know if UK allows that?

Toyota Echo / Vitz / Yaris with a AE86 Paint job
5933154176_565328bedb_b.jpg

5933154122_fd31dba402_b.jpg

Matte white Nissan GT-R
5933154244_97e13a2ff6_b.jpg

5932595579_65241b648d_b.jpg

Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder
5933154282_1901ab781c_b.jpg

Also, I got a ride WITH Jackie Chan in his disgusting awesome Evolution today and he totally loved my moves.

Photo by Rue
Sadly I didn't have a camera on me, but you guys should totally believe me because I made the effort to type it all out here. Oh, AND he got me a chocolate sundae, true story.

Last edited:
No pics (yet) but I keep seeing an R33 Skyline driving around. It's not a GTR, but it's a Skyline in Alabama. Pretty rare.

That Chinook is cool too. I love those things.

Also, I got a ride WITH Jackie Chan in his disgusting awesome Evolution today and he totally loved my moves.

Photo by Rue
Sadly I didn't have a camera on me, but you guys should totally believe me because I made the effort to type it all out here. Oh, AND he got me a chocolate sundae, true story.

We believe you because you added a picture which makes it true :)

Last edited:
Found some goodies at the New England Forest Rally today in Mexico, Maine and after on the trip home. :D Not sure if I should make a thread for the rally event I was at... I've got a lot of pictures. >_> Other cars would probably count as event spottings. Of course there were many Imprezas and Evos. (Do cars parked at an event and not in it count as event spottings?)
New Charger Police cruiser
IMG_0970.jpg

Audi RS4 (At the event, most likely a spectator's car)
IMG_0969.jpg

Mitsubishi Starion/Chrysler Conquest
IMG_0963.jpg

Nissan Pulsar (My brother actually saw a Pulsar NX Sportback the same day at his work)
IMG_0895.jpg

Rather weird looking tractor
IMG_0888.jpg

Ghia Convertible
IMG_0999.jpg

911 with GT3 bumper
IMG_0996.jpg

New Audi A7
IMG_0989.jpg

Brand new VW Passat (I heard it's not yet on sale)
IMG_0975.jpg

Roush F150
IMG_0976.jpg

CTS-V
IMG_0892.jpg

Mexico (Maine) Police H1
IMG_0896.jpg

Rather nice wheels on an Impreza
IMG_0961.jpg

Forester Turbo
IMG_0955.jpg

Heavily Modded Evo IX
IMG_0962.jpg

Saab 9-3 Viggen with another '11 WRX STI(Not a car show if you're going to ask >_>)
IMG_0964.jpg

And yes...there is a town in Maine called Mexico! I also visited the town of Peru. ^_^;; Very beautiful up north.
IMG_0973.jpg

Last edited:
Back