Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,863 comments
I wish I lived in that Mexico -__-

Pics of the 56 Ford in the last photo?

I believe so, it had taillights similar to Fords like the Thunderbird and Galaxy. Not big on 50's cars sorry. :scared:

Btw, not all the pictures are from Mexico, Maine. I got some of the pics on the way home. But the New England Forest Rally part of the American rally takes place there. Saw Ken Block and Travis Pastrana there last year! :D

Last edited:
Rue
leowan, I do indeed live in Hong Kong, was it just the intersection that gave it away? How about the other stuff...?

I don't know really. I've been several times back to realise what most of the streets look like and shops that are native there. I'm pretty sure I can also see brick on the sidewalk which is really covered around the whole territory.

As I was saying, Porsches and muscle cars...

temp tags indicate very new...
photo0039i.jpg

SSR, don't really see these. $42,000 pickup with a Corvette engine...
photo0038q.jpg

nice Trans Am! I appreciate the cars that don't try too hard.
photo0037a.jpg

Not a BOSS!! Fakers!
photo0029af.jpg

Some of these were at a show, BUT I did spot them on the street and got pics of them later at the show:

Saleen S281

SANY2299.jpg

Old Pontiac and Ford wagon?

SANY2268.jpg

Loud GT500

SANY2195.jpg

Dart with half a vinyl top

SANY2194.jpg

70 Charger R/T

SANY2190.jpg

And now a few from the last week or so

Dune Buggy thing

SANY2340.jpg

MG

SANY2007.jpg

TR6

SANY2003.jpg

Impala SS (got pics of it at the show too)

SANY2001.jpg

56 Fairlane

SANY2014.jpg

67 Cougar

SANY2009.jpg

Last edited:
yes of course. Look at that thing. Omg just look at it.

:drool:

If you think thats good, check the showroom and event thread. I got way more cars you'll love. Got a link to the album too.

A couple Hot Rods

IMG_0001-54.jpg

Yes, this car is boring, but I don't recognize it. I think it's a Mazda though.

IMG_0002-49.jpg

Nova

IMG_0041-15.jpg

S4

IMG_0042-14.jpg

S5

IMG_0043-12.jpg

S8

IMG_0044-19.jpg

Yellow Cayenne

IMG_0045-13.jpg

S8

IMG_0046-12.jpg

IMG_0047-14.jpg

IMG_0048-14.jpg

RS4 :drool:

IMG_0049-8.jpg

Camaro

IMG_0050-11.jpg

Aston

IMG_0051-10.jpg

Murano 'vert

IMG_0052-13.jpg

S14

IMG_0053-10.jpg

BCGT with a body kit

IMG_0054-10.jpg

Chevy Pick up

IMG_0057-10.jpg

Mustang with huge rear slicks

IMG_0058-12.jpg

Ugly Dodge

IMG_0059-6.jpg

Hot Rod

Photo0866.jpg

'47 Chevy

Photo0867.jpg

Pretty Cool Z06

Photo0868.jpg

Stanced 3 Series my parents saw

2011-07-16141541.jpg

Rue
Mate, how come you shoot with a 5D MK2 (great pics btw) for your Flickr photos but not your pics hosted on Photobucket?

They're all with the 5D (and a couple are my cell phone), I just don't put them all on Flickr. I see my Flickr account as my "Good Shots" and I don't want to fill it up with blurry shots of old dirty cars :lol:. I've always used photobucket so that's the first one I go to even though I usually get mad every other time. I'm thinking about making a second Flickr account just to put on all my spots.

They're all with the 5D (and a couple are my cell phone), I just don't put them all on Flickr. I see my Flickr account as my "Good Shots" and I don't want to fill it up with blurry shots of old dirty cars :lol:. I've always used photobucket so that's the first one I go to even though I usually get mad every other time. I'm thinking about making a second Flickr account just to put on all my spots.

Ah. So the random street spots are more with the cellphone then and you take the 5D to the shows?

Maybach 62S by R-W-P, on Flickr

zDSC_9692 by R-W-P, on Flickr

Post!

This beautiful green Bug lives near work, note portawalls on tires:
deiu027.jpg

This Pug turns up once and again in a shop in front of the office, it’s very well kept, indeed.
dft001.jpg

In a house also near work was this 50s Chevy pick up with horrid wheels, that disappeared shortly after I took this pic.
dft002.jpg

Can you guess what this is? Duh. By now I’ve posted several of these so you should know this is a Mexico-only version with 360 cubic inches of slow underhood.
dft004.jpg

Non-V8 Valiant, but take a look at how original the damned thing is and how well kept it is. This lived right around the corner of my former apartment, so I talked to the owner once or twice. All original paint and upholstery people, and the Slant Six has never had its valve cover removed. Amazing.
dft009.jpg

Yup, this appeared one morning in front of my previous apartment. Those are sections of a bridge. Weird.
dft012.jpg

I can’t remember the last time I saw a Beetle with 13-inch wheels. Years ago they were all over the place, but they seemed to vanquish… so seeing this full-retina orange dropped to the ground really brought a smile.
dft015.jpg

I think this is a 1954 Dodge or something like that. If there is one brand of cars hard to identify from those years is Chrysler, the cars really looked all the same for two or three years.
dft040.jpg

Cobra replica inside a building. These guys always have intresting cars in there, that will eventually pop in here.
dft045.jpg

I need help people. Yes, it’s a Ford. An European Ford at that, extremely, obscenely, outstandingly rare in Mexico. But I don’t know what the heck it is. Please ID.
dft047.jpg

Barely caught this pontoon Mercedes, complete with yellow wide-whites.
dft051.jpg

Taken from a bus. Yeah, I know.
dft053.jpg

Clean little Ford pick up wearing Dodge Ram Charger wheels. What, you didn’t know Mopar and Ford shared the same lug pattern?
dft055.jpg

This has a intresting background. I had seen this 40 Ford Coupe several years ago (this picture), just sitting there. One day, arranging a pick up of some Hot Wheels I sold to a fellow collector of the local club, he mentioned the area and I told him “let’s meet in the corner where there is a 40 Ford inside a house” –“Oh, so you have seen my car”. Exceptionally complete. And one of my best buddies since then. More detailed pictures when I find them.
dft065.jpg

And a multicolor Toyota as this post’s questionable car.
dft052.jpg

Rue
Ah. So the random street spots are more with the cellphone then and you take the 5D to the shows?

Just my spots from Home Depot are with my cellphone. Everything else is the 5D. Photobucket just makes all the pictures look bad, plus shooting through a windscreen really makes the pictures look bad.

The owners obviously have been using it. Scratches behind the door handle on the door where rings on fingers had scratched the finish, and the wheel nuts seemed to be damaged as well, had a very rough surround to them.

Just my spots from Home Depot are with my cellphone. Everything else is the 5D. Photobucket just makes all the pictures look bad, plus shooting through a windscreen really makes the pictures look bad.

I got fed up with Photobucket for that reason and changed to Flickr.

aud_r8_nm1346_l_01 by R-W-P, on Flickr

Last edited:
I need help people. Yes, it’s a Ford. An European Ford at that, extremely, obscenely, outstandingly rare in Mexico. But I don’t know what the heck it is. Please ID.
dft047.jpg

Didn't think it was European, i know we've never had anything like that over this side of the pond.

After a bit of research, i'm pretty sure it's a '72-76 US-market Ford Courier. It's little more than a badge-job on the small Mazda B-series pick-up.

Back