Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,863 comments
It came to America, I am super convinced it will show up as a Holden.
Anyways, my spot from today.
0811110941.jpg

I had absolutely no idea how big Lancia actually is. I spotted so many cars that I had never heard of, it seems they also make other types of vehicles.

Here are 5 from the area I'm staying in on Holiday, we move down to the Amalfi Coast tomorrow :D

Fiat 500
6034839273_6816536608_z.jpg

Fiat 500
6034839235_e7b3edf83b_z.jpg

Jaguar XF
6035390838_302097bd20_z.jpg

Lancia ...
6035390732_9dd39fa230_z.jpg

Lancia ...
6034839131_84b084ee57_z.jpg

It came to America, I am super convinced it will show up as a Holden.
Anyways, my spot from today.
0811110941.jpg

An Edmond spot. Neat!

Speaking of Oklahoma, there is a red Mercedes-Benz SLS running about that I have seen twice now. I have seen the Mercedes after Game 3 of the OKC-Dallas series just outside the Oklahoma City Arena and I saw it last week on Robertson in Norman. Both times I was completely unprepared to have my phone ready for pictures. Hopefully, I will get a chance to snap a few pictures.

Nice pics guys, but a reminder to some posters on the previous page that this isnt the Imports thread and again, we aren't hear to hear what you saw, we want to see it.

Pics or didnt happen ;)

Start today with a pull in to an auto body shop that had a trio of interesting cars on the lawn in front of it. Some awesome deconstructed old Vettes, an Austin, and I don't know what were in the garage bays but I was shooed away and doors were closed before I got any shots. Don't know if these were for sale or advertising or what, and I'm not sure what they are, but here you go:

caronlawn1.jpg

caronlawn2.jpg

caronlawn3.jpg

old 911...? pulled up at the farm stand next door before I pulled away

porschet.jpg

still not yet into town (making restauant deliveries) I spotted something I had to turn around for, and parked in the gas station I was turning around in was this nice old 944 turbo (?)

944ij.jpg

And this '50 chevy deluxe was what I was turning around for. Decided to deliberately include the IS300 in the shot since it looked like a Tezza to me and I like Tezzas!

50chevy.jpg

50chevyside.jpg

finally in town, made my deliveries, action shot fail side view:

actionfailside.jpg

Rear view better, BIG car, no idea:

actionfailrear.jpg

and then, FINALLY, after one maybe night sighting, then another last week going the other way I'm 99% sure, my first confirmed Ferrari! 575M Maranello, behold!

575mfront.jpg

575mrear.jpg

of course, nothing else today, or even this week, is going to get me as excited as that bucking bronco, but I found this simple old Audi Quattro, oddly, captivating enough to snap a shot:

quattror.jpg

to my surprise, however, I suddenly had my Ferrari amazement dulled by this cute little, I don't know, motor bicycle? motorcycle? I know nothing about Puch, but this was a poetic image, with the period helmet positioned next to the front wheel, just sublime:

pucho.jpg

and then, hrmmm... hate Jags in general, but thought this XJL was rather unusual, a Jag sedan, with kind of nice lines:

xjlj.jpg

oof, on my way back, maybe this is better suited to the questionable mods thread, but a (late 90's?) mustang GT with body mods and way high spoiler:

mustangc.jpg

Then finally, this bad boy, 440 Magnum... Challenger?

440magnum.jpg

ah, another day of farming!

haha, ok Goddin. From top to bottom:

57 Chevy Bel Air... with radiused rear wheelwells to make room for the fat tires. I like.

MG-F I think, dunno the year, MGs are pretty foreign to me.

1967-69 Barracuda with a very odd, non-correct-for-it hood tach setup (originally found in Duster Twisters and Demons in 1970-1972, as well as mexican Super Bees) and an odd hood scoop, but I really likie the bive of the car in general, very street-freakish.

You managed to get enough of the car in your "side-shot fail" to see a 1937 Cadillac series 60, very rare car. The long headlamps are unmistakable.

Last one is a 1973 Dodge Charger; the 440 Magnum, if one indeed lives under the hood, is not original to the car.

Thanks for the ID's! Still trying to learn about what I'm seeing. Very interesting about the '37 Chevy Series 60. It was a sedan, again, very large car. Loved the whitewalls.

Dude, Cadillac, not Chevy, Cadillac!

This would be a 37 Chevy:

db_Fred_Lynch_1937_Chevy.jpg

Yes, I know they are similar, but that was the charm opf the Chev, Cadillac looks for a quarter of a price.

To some, seeing a Vauxhall Insignia is nothing special. However, the brand doesn't operate here in Australia, so seeing a silver example in the university car-park today tells me they're actually serious about considering to bring it down under.

The Opel brand is branching to Australia and they're initially going to be bringing the new Astra and the Insignia.

Murcie_LP640
The Opel brand is branching to Australia and they're initially going to be bringing the new Astra and the Insignia.

Why don't they sell it as a Holden as they always do. Cause we already have the austra.

Why don't they sell it as a Holden as they always do. Cause we already have the austra.

From what I know, the Insignia will be sold under the Holden brand and Europe's Astra will be replacing the current one in the Holden line-up.

H1

Photo0911.jpg

Merc with 12 foot boards.

Photo0909.jpg

New Impala

Photo0900.jpg

Viper

Photo0890.jpg

Toyota

Photo0889.jpg

Mach 1

Photo0888.jpg