Did You See Anything Good Today? [Read First Post]

• Thread starter GilesGuthrie
  • 46,863 comments
Just happened to spot a Porsche aswell, a Turbo

I'm not going to say what model exactly because it will most likely be wrong.

993 turbo, my dad use to have one.

It was like the GTR of that era, destroys everything either on straight or in corners.

And the most beautiful 911 body ever imo.

And the most beautiful 911 body ever imo.

Can't argue with that!

Beautiful picture also Rue. You live in Japan, is that right?

I finally got 2 weeks of from work (first time in three years damnit), last week of december and first of januari, planning to go to Japan. Hope to have a blast there 👍 Maybe I'll spot something there but if the winter is strong, I probably don't :indiff: Any tips to see to spot some 'awww' ?

Well, being a farmer is hard work, but delivering to fancy restaurants is great for my car spotting!

My first captured Aston started the day, across the street from where I parked to make my delivery. An XK pulled away before I finished my business and could pull out my camera.
db9a.jpg

Needless to say, getting my first Aston got my blood going so I decided to take a walk and see what else I found, and a block away here's a 997 Turbo Cabriolet (?)
porsche1w.jpg

Then directly under it in a little garage a Carrera 4S
carrera4sa.jpg

Finishing my walk around the block, I spot this cute little guy, a Porsche 356 Super 90!
porsche90front.jpg

porsche90rear.jpg

Continued up the street to the next block, thought about snapping a SLK230 Kompressor in hot pink, nah, not today. Nothing for a couple blocks, cross the street and this new Taurus SHO catches my eye:
taurussho.jpg

And then an S2000, I do see them a fair bit, but I like them:
s2000s.jpg

Heading back to the truck (don't want to take too long, still got another delivery to make) I spot a BMW that looks rather nice (saw my first couple 1 series earlier, but decided not to snap them), and what do I discover? An M3! Once saw an early 90's M3 but this was the first I could get a photo of:
m3front.jpg

m3rear.jpg

Well, off to my next delivery. Oh, heck, I can take a quick peek in this parking lot. Wait, what's that?! A Triumph TR3!
triumphtr3front.jpg

triumphtr3rear.jpg

Not sure if the rest of these are really worth posting, but... stopped at a junkyard on the way to the next delivery to get a power steering gearbox and was allowed to look around. First thing caught my eye was this Opel GT, precariously positioned:
opelgtj.jpg

Then a WM special, a 260Z:
260zu.jpg

and finally this mystery car:
mysterycar.jpg

Later, on the way back to the farm, noticed something interesting peeking its nose out, a '67 Fairlane... Ranchero! Utes FTW!
fairlanerancherofront.jpg

fairlanerancherorear.jpg

I'll get you the junk yard's contact info if you want to buy it and have it shipped to the UK so you can turn it into a Devil Z...

I can't afford it, hopefully someone will purchase such a car and give it a decent restoration. This 13 year old can't anyway. :P

Didn't want to start a new thread on this, but I spotted a car by the side of the road, and can't figure out what it is. Manufacturer plates, masqueraded with black masking tape, looks like a Kia 5 or Suzuki Reno, but I'm not sure. I do know the left-front tire is flat!

SilverCarFlatTire.jpg

Definitely the new Kia Rio5.

2012-Kia-Rio5-154.JPG

Saw this today hiding inside a warehouse downtown...driving by wasn't able to get a good picture. Very mysterious.
tumblrlpf48qqtqd1qfpkks.jpg

Saw this today hiding inside a warehouse downtown...driving by wasn't able to get a good picture. Very mysterious.
tumblrlpf48qqtqd1qfpkks.jpg
Looks to be an SLR McLaren, I saw a few cars over the past week or so, got pictures of them on my new smartphone just not sure how to upload them.

I saw a few cars over the past week or so, got pictures of them on my new smartphone just not sure how to upload them.

Email them to yourself. Get on a computer and download them from your email. Check image size/quality in Paint/other image editor. Get an imageshack account. Upload your pics. Post them here.

Goddin, how come we don't have many, many, MANY more pictures of the cars at the junkyard? I spot a couple of F-Bodies behind the Volvo, as well as some El Caminos, and the Opel is standing on the top of a vintage bus.

It will not happen again, you hear? If you are in a junkyard, you photograph everything that's intresting, dude.

Goddin, how come we don't have many, many, MANY more pictures of the cars at the junkyard? I spot a couple of F-Bodies behind the Volvo, as well as some El Caminos, and the Opel is standing on the top of a vintage bus.

It will not happen again, you hear? If you are in a junkyard, you photograph everything that's intresting, dude.

Ha ha ha ha ha! Okay, yes sir! But how about we get a post from you here sometime soon? It's been a while!

Email them to yourself. Get on a computer and download them from your email. Check image size/quality in Paint/other image editor. Get an imageshack account. Upload your pics. Post them here.
Thanks, I'll try that as soon as I can get to my laptop.

Looks to be an SLR McLaren, I saw a few cars over the past week or so, got pictures of them on my new smartphone just not sure how to upload them.

Pretty sure it was. I need to go back by this week and see if I have better luck seeing it.

Well, seeing as there are only four real street legal GT40's on the planet, I'm gonna go ahead and say it was a replica. Also, next time please have pictures when you post.
It was on my way to school and I was running late so I didn't get a chance sorry.

Maybach, scouting for cars in the buildings next to work:
6002454378_bf524fed95.jpg

Civic CRX VTec, just passing town:
6011187190_5fc4410771.jpg

Old US car (Cougar), walking from hotel to a whisky event
6011187248_63f344c146.jpg

Crap picture, but what a car Mercedes Benz SL Black Series, coming out of restaurant:
6011187582_278892bd9f.jpg

Still love the Aston Martin Vantage, both on the motorways, driving from and to Spa-Francorchamps (more than 20 km away, so did not see it as part of the event):

6011274380_4edb3c111c_m.jpg
6011274412_d49369dfd6.jpg

One day when I came home, someone was delivering beer???? in this Morgan

6010724833_168dbd3860.jpg
6011274468_ea6a1936ac.jpg
6010724887_71be77f800.jpg

when driving from the summer house to work one morning: Smart Roadster Brabus

6011274522_f384e5d51f.jpg

P.S.: Junkyard pictures for me classify as dealership and should not be on the street thread.

Last edited:
That old US car, it's a Cougar.

Anyway, from Saturday.

Gran Torino

aIMG_00384.jpg

Challanger

aIMG_00385.jpg

Corvette

aIMG_003812.jpg

Mini

aIMG_003813.jpg

Porsche replica probably

aIMG_003828.jpg

Fairlane 500

aIMG_003829.jpg

Impala and Cadillac

aIMG_003834.jpg

Bentley

aIMG_003835.jpg

'Cuda

aIMG_003836.jpg

Big Pick Up. CXT or International? Not sure

aIMG_003837.jpg

Monte Carlo

aIMG_003838.jpg

Evo, the plate said iBoost.

aIMG_00381.jpg

BMW

IMG_0001.jpg

Black Series, this is one of the IRL drivers car.

IMG_0223.jpg

CLS 63 AMG

AMG by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

GT3

GT3 Paddock by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

GTR

Revenge by NISM0_SKYLINE, on Flickr

Cool splitter on this 5.0

IMG_0092.jpg

Nice VW

IMG_0242.jpg

Evo